PDA

View Full Version : New PA s: Yay or Ney.

Rashiid
Mar 2, 2007, 07:01 AM
personally, all the melee ones roq

Twin claws and daggers are mad easy to lvl, so ill hav part 2 to em later 2night

how did yall feel about em?

AC9breaker
Mar 2, 2007, 07:31 AM
Bow = steaming pile of poop.

Weakness
Mar 2, 2007, 07:34 AM
On 2007-03-02 04:31, AC9breaker wrote:

NUUUU!

Don't tell me that, it was the only one I wanted.

=/ Give me details now. PP Cost? ATP/ATA increase?

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 2, 2007, 08:18 AM
yay ^_^
I'm SO getting splendor crush for my human fortefighter as soon as I log on, which I'm trying to do this very second.

Neith
Mar 2, 2007, 08:25 AM
Claw/Twin Claw start fairly badly, but are really, really easy to level.

-Ryuki-
Mar 2, 2007, 08:27 AM
I need the single claw now. YoYo Daggers are a go!

tailz
Mar 2, 2007, 08:57 AM
i had twin claws to 11 in a half hour http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (helps to have 7 sets lol) then i went on to do the new neudaiz mission instead of power leveling em, but if sum1 wants 2 see the 3rd combo, find tailz later 2nite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ill be the human lapucha (ull see...) hehe
for the record, i got both claws and the mayalee... love both claws... and mayalee is great, with the exception of it costing 18 per shot instead of 6, and im gettin 11-13 HP back at a time... hopefully this gets better over time, cuz i can use a 6* pistol in about 10 seconds and get 2 monomates out of it

PJ
Mar 2, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-03-02 05:25, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Claw/Twin Claw start fairly badly, but are really, really easy to level.

You've made me happy to hear that XD

Only 47 more PA Frags to get either one first... assuming they're 50 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif I want my rocking Single Claw and digging Double Claw Silver :C

Turambar
Mar 2, 2007, 10:41 AM
On 2007-03-02 04:34, Weakness wrote:

NUUUU!

Can't say regarding PP cost, but its damage is based on your Max HP - Current HP. The damage won't be worthwhile unless you decide to go the blocks with only 50% hp or less.

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 10:49 AM
Megid levels SLOOOOOOW, and after getting it to level 3, I have yet to tell if it has EVER made an instant kill.

Makai_Fan
Mar 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
twin claws level fast already got it to 21 lol

Carbinne
Mar 2, 2007, 11:05 AM
Killer Shot is kinda poor! It's great when you kill a robot in under 3 shots. Otherwise it starts getting real disappointing real fast. Can drain six Brahoh (6) rifles in one block of Tample S. Only level 3 bullet though.

Kinda thinking the only gun PAs worth using might be the knockdown/freeze PAs (if they are more reliable/useful than stuff like Killer Shot or a 1% hp drain). Though Twin Mayalee sounds quite useful if it is balanced enough. Agtaride + def down = more soloing pleasure. Then again, it's hard to be pleased with gun bullets since the stock elemental bullets are just so good; you can do a ton with freeze and DoTs, shock, etc.

For an Ultimate Bullet Art to really be useful, it has to have a solid effect that few if any other weapons can do. Killer Shot is not really on that list since killing things can be done other ways and the attach rate is all over the place. If the Laser knockback is fairly economical (read not 50 a shot) and reliable then it will essentially give the cannons new life.

Rashiid
Mar 2, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-03-02 07:59, Makai_Fan wrote:
twin claws level fast already got it to 21 lol

lol i knoe!

played for 10 mins, used 1 pair of claws, and went to lvl 2 and 70% till 3....

the new fist may take a while, full pair of neudaiz 6* gloves, only 50% till 2.....

single claw is fun! my 420 got nuffin on me now!!

AC9breaker
Mar 2, 2007, 11:09 AM
On 2007-03-02 04:34, Weakness wrote:

NUUUU!

Well, I've only used it during my first Fulkis trial. My main reason for saying it sucks is becuase the waaaaay slower then normal shooting rate. It wouldn't be that bad if only the damage was noticably greater from regular bow PAs. Actually, If I use the corresponding element for the enemy, I totally outdamage it. Also the accuracy doesn't seem as great as its been toted to be. PP cost is about the same as other bow PA's slightly more I think but not that big a deal.

I haven't tried with my HP on low so perhaps thats the key. I'll give more input later.

At level 3 Ult Bow PA is at 133% atk acc = 66%

My earth PA for bow at level 11 is 136% atk and 63% acc

The problem lies with the elemental %bonuses from damage. I have every bow elemental PA. I don't see much need to use this if it can't out damage the other shots by the hit alone, nevermind the speed.

Still leveling this PA will eventually show how useful it will be. I have its gonna be like Protranser, hard early levels, awesome end levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-03-02 08:22 ]</font>

Jey
Mar 2, 2007, 12:45 PM
The bow arts starts off fairly eh, but the end stats at lv30:
Att170% Acc 110%

110% accuracy... yeah.
Elemental bullets end with Att160% so if you match elements they would do more than the Ultimate PA.

But for real, bullets don't shine until lv11+, you remember how levelling ranger from job level 1 was?

AC9breaker
Mar 2, 2007, 01:25 PM
By those stats then I can safely say this is the worst ultimate Photon Art out there. Even worse then Giresta. At level 30 Earth PA has 165% atk and fires at a normal rate. I'm a cast so i can deal with 75% accuracy. The 110 Accuracy doesn't do much for me. It wouldnt be so bad if it werent for the simple fact that you fire twice as slow. the rate at which you fire the arrows you would expect the attacks to be better. I can't believe how much this Photon Art sucks, and that I actually wasted my 75 PA frags on this instead of the shotgun one I also wanted. This photon needs one of two things

A) Mega atk Buff

or

B) Take off ridiculously slow firing rate.

In either case, this photon art is vastly inferior to all the other choices Bow has and has absolutely no upsides to it. Bows are one of the fastest if not the fastes bullets to level. There is no doubt that you would be better off with another Bullet like earth if you wanted a Power type shot. I would recommend everyone who was considering this photon art to avoid it like AIDS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-03-02 10:31 ]</font>

drizzle
Mar 2, 2007, 01:42 PM
Twin Daggers are nice! It's like rising crush for daggers, well worth the PA frags imo.

ryeenae
Mar 2, 2007, 02:33 PM
I got Nosdiga, and so far I'm less than impressed, but it's only lvl 7 at this point, I'll be on later to get the stupid thing leveled into a non-sucky range. I heard it gets AOE and knockback so *crosses fingers*

Aaron777
Mar 2, 2007, 03:17 PM
I'm lovin' the single claw.

Zorafim
Mar 2, 2007, 03:19 PM
I still haven't got my PAs yet, but I have enough PA fragments to buy them. Quick, I need opinions on the single, dual claws, fists, and handgun PAs!

Jey
Mar 2, 2007, 03:48 PM
Got a few of bullet PAs. I wouldn't call them "Ultimate" so much as "Experimental" heh.

(Twin Guns) Twin Mayalee = 100% Zalure proc so far, but I've only shot at small/medium bodies. Procced on a King Vahra, so it seems pretty awesome, and I think I'm going to get rid of my Zalure entry since my Guntecher Zalure range sucks anyway and this gives me an excuse to pull out my twinnies which I'd never otherwise use as GT.

Mayalee Fury = Acc1% mod! HAHAHA. Seriously though, this is a buttside-only PA, and it seems to be 100% knockup if it lands. I can totally see the uses for it and I'm definately gonna keep it since I have no other knock-around techs as a Guntecher.

Itchee
Mar 2, 2007, 03:53 PM
On 2007-03-02 12:48, Jey wrote:
Mayalee Fury = Acc1% mod! HAHAHA. Seriously though, this is a buttside-only PA, and it seems to be 100% knockup if it lands. I can totally see the uses for it and I'm definately gonna keep it since I have no other knock-around techs as a Guntecher.

Probably gonna pick this one up tonight. The Accuracy hit sucks, but hopefully ill be able to overcome that with the CASTs natural acc boost and a good acc+ unit...

Akaimizu
Mar 2, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-03-02 12:48, Jey wrote:
Got a few of bullet PAs. I wouldn't call them "Ultimate" so much as "Experimental" heh.

(Twin Guns) Twin Mayalee = 100% Zalure proc so far, but I've only shot at small/medium bodies. Procced on a King Vahra, so it seems pretty awesome, and I think I'm going to get rid of my Zalure entry since my Guntecher Zalure range sucks anyway and this gives me an excuse to pull out my twinnies which I'd never otherwise use as GT.

Nice. I was planning on picking the Twin Gunnies special anyway. They still are a prominent part of my playstyle I use with Tynselle. I just don't have as much fun any other way.

I'll be curious as to what people think of the crossbow one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-02 13:09 ]</font>

Lman90245
Mar 7, 2007, 12:46 AM
I love my level 21 + Nosdiga <3 <3 <3

Kimil
Mar 7, 2007, 12:49 AM
Yo Yo Daggers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I'm not getting anything else. Nope, nothing else worth it atm as WT

Rashiid
Mar 7, 2007, 07:47 AM
Single claw man!!!!!!

Claw + Card = Pwn!!!!!!!! (if u can use claws)

amtalx
Mar 7, 2007, 08:17 AM
Im still undecided about Killer Shot. Someone posted about level 21+ and it seems to just be OK at killing anything with 20 STA. Spent a whole bunch of PA frags on it so ill get it to 11 at least but ill probably just take it from there.

Jakosifer
Mar 7, 2007, 08:26 AM
The first one I got was Splendor Crush, its level 28 now...and I got it what..2 days ago. Its my favorite skill in the game by far. I usually skip on the final hit though when a Force is trying to cast an attack spell, I know I'd be pissed if someone knocked an enemy away the MOMENT my spell went off.

Alisha
Mar 7, 2007, 08:29 AM
why do people liek the single claw PA? when i tried it offline it was HORRIBLE! has anyone tried the shotgun bullet that procs zodeel im curious if the proc rate is like the twin guns pa that was mentioned earlier

Rashiid
Mar 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
main reason ppl like the new claw is because

1) the old one was so boring.
2) they never had it offline, so its 'new' to them.
3) IT PWNZZZ

the last hit does knockback + high damage.

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 11:18 AM
Old one hits more, and hits faster. I'll keep to that old single claw PA. But I'm trying to decide on the other new PA's: knuckles, twin daggers, twin sabers. I'll wait on the twin claws cause i like the first PA for it. Does the splendor crush flinch enemies like the rising crush? I heard some complaints of the twin dags new PA do to it throwing the enemie skywards and not hitting as much. Could i get some insight on twin daggers/splendor crush/knuckles new PA's?

Rashiid
Mar 7, 2007, 11:43 AM
another reason the new claw is favored is b/c it cost allot less PP

twin daggers one is so freakin kool, splender doesnt flinch or knockback till part 3, so far the knuckles are good (only hav pt 2.)

Kaydin
Mar 7, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-03-07 08:43, Rashiid wrote:
so far the knuckles are good (only hav pt 2.)

Apparently the third pass only hits 3 enemies. (I don't have it, I talked to someone who does.) I was hoping it would be more like 5 or 6, so you could take out entire mobs with it. Kind of disappointing.

The rest of the melee ones I love, (Especially the Yo-yo Daggers). Except Tornado Dance. I hate Tornado Dance. Tornado Dances gets "Ney" x1,000,000. >.<

I haven't tried any ranged ones yet, as I don't have a high level Ranger. XD

Edit: Typo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-07 08:48 ]</font>

Tiyr
Mar 7, 2007, 11:51 AM
Twin daggers PA is good, but either needs to be used on large enemies (for flinch / knockover) or large numbers of smaller enemies. On one or two you'll knock them out of range...but if there's a group, I've juggled four at once. And it keeps them together for Ra-tech spam. Also, has a MUCH higher damage multiplier than the old PAs.

Splendor crush I'm more undecided about. Don't have the third part yet, but it's mainly straight damage--it doesn't have RC's knockup so it won't flinch large enemies, and while it has more hits than the older PAs the damage multiplier is wretched by comparison. Unless the last step is VERY good, I'll probably go back to RC / AC depending on the situation.

Don't know about knuckles yet. Getting that next =D

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 11:54 AM
I'll probably buy the twin dagger one first. (Found a stack off 99PA frags on another character after buying all the nos-spell I regret buying and megid that i like).

Neith
Mar 7, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-03-07 05:29, Alisha wrote:
why do people liek the single claw PA? when i tried it offline it was HORRIBLE!

Mainly for the PP cost, Shousen burns Claw out too fast in my opinion. 14PP for Senten with a fF is a joke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tiyr
Mar 7, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-03-07 08:47, Kadan wrote:
Except Tornado Dance. I hate Tornado Dance. Tornado Dances gets "Ney" x1,000,000. >.<

Tornado dance is actually amazing when used properly, but it's very easy to misunderstand and misuse. A tech with almost no windup that causes large mobs to flinch, has a high damage multiplier (for DS's, anyway) and hits multiple times? Yes please!

Kaydin
Mar 7, 2007, 12:16 PM
If I want to break up large mobs I just hit them with Rising Crush. That way they land in the same spot they were in before which lets me continue to wail on them, rather than having to play tag with them after someone's Tornado Dance sends them to different corners of the room.

If people only used Tornado Dance on big enemies/bosses like it's supposed to be, I wouldn't hate it so much.

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-03-07 09:03, UrikoBB3 wrote:

On 2007-03-07 05:29, Alisha wrote:
why do people liek the single claw PA? when i tried it offline it was HORRIBLE!

Mainly for the PP cost, Shousen burns Claw out too fast in my opinion. 14PP for Senten with a fF is a joke http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But doesn't the new PA only hit for a total of 4 hits while the old one hits for 8 times(plus and extra 5 if you catch another enemy)? Also the old one works magic against Bil De Vears.

Rashiid
Mar 7, 2007, 02:49 PM
On 2007-03-07 08:47, Kadan wrote:

On 2007-03-07 08:43, Rashiid wrote:
so far the knuckles are good (only hav pt 2.)

Apparently the third pass only hits 3 enemies. (I don't have it, I talked to someone who does.) I was hoping it would be more like 5 or 6, so you could take out entire mobs with it. Kind of disappointing.

The rest of the melee ones I love, (Especially the Yo-yo Daggers). Except Tornado Dance. I hate Tornado Dance. Tornado Dances gets "Ney" x1,000,000. >.<

I haven't tried any ranged ones yet, as I don't have a high level Ranger. XD

Edit: Typo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-07 08:48 ]</font>

i hav no prob w/ it only hitting 3 thingz, hell its hard to find PAs that hit 4x http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif