PDA

View Full Version : ultimate feedback of ultimate arts

tailz
Mar 2, 2007, 09:10 AM
ok so what does everyone think of their new arts? give as much feedback as u can for the ones that you HAVE YOURSELF and have tried out (preferably online since offline could be slightly different)... we've all read the descriptions and what other people say... lets here the facts now that theyre out
for me:
twin claw: nice damage, doesnt knockback (at lv 14), and levels fairly quickly - i took 6 sets of claws thru LL A with my PM n they leveled 1-6 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

single claw: watch the 420 PM, quick combo, good damage, havent spent time levelin it yet

mayalee hit(pistol-HP drain): at lv 1, its 18 PP per shot (compared to 6 for basic bullets under 11)... and gives 11-13 HP back per shot... havent spent time leveling it since it takes 15 seconds for my 6* railgun to run dry... in other words, this better improve cuz rite now, using a full pistol for 2 monomates of HP is not worth 60 PA frags

sorry-forgot 2 update this - twins at 21 is awesum, the only problem is you can still get hit underground and the last hit takes a few seconds (dont worry, an upward spiral hitting several enemies a few times each with knockups is well worth it)

single claw is very fast, but the second hit knocks back like no other so it makes it practically useless in bruce runs(as far as the combo) the first hit is great for speed tho

mayalee hit, i only have to 3 and it seems to be giving the same HP back every time but a little more damage...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tailz on 2007-03-05 20:27 ]</font>

Yukichi
Mar 2, 2007, 09:36 AM
So far I've been having fun with Tornado Dance.

Originally I wanted it mainly to see if I can use it to dash about the map, (Devil May Cry fan here, with much love for stinger), and it does indeed serve that purpose. Damage wise, its not too bad, concentrated on one target you get about 4 hits, each being a blow back. I find it quite useful to close the distance between you and the monster. Even if you blow back the monster, odds are you will still be right infront of it as you are propelled by the skill. This means you can get a quick string of normal attacks in on a knockdowned monster right before repeating another tornado dance.

My skill is only level 9 so far and costs 30 photon to use. I like it though. It might be annoying for party members, because it does scatter mobs like no other. As I continue to level it more after my classes and over the weekend, I'll make sure to come back with updates.

tailz
Mar 2, 2007, 10:35 AM
ya same here, im gettin the claws at 21s each n then im just gonna focus on mayalee... ill repost once they hit 11/21's

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 2, 2007, 10:38 AM
NosDiga:

1.Not a Screen of squares ;-;
2. levels fairly fast from 1-4
3. is pretty big for its first level.
4.its slow for its first levels in attack sequences.

more non-informal info to come~

BurningRage
Mar 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
Bogga Robado: Levels at a fairly fast rate, got it to level 8 in an hour and a half this morning with 3 knuckles and not really leveling it until I started doing Mad Creatures, which brought me from 3-8 in an hour.

PMB960
Mar 2, 2007, 11:20 AM
Nosudiga: Doesn't use a whole lot of PP (20) and starts off with 131% power. Seems to level pretty quick and is heat seeking so you can fire anywhere and expect to hit something. Really useful for Go Vahras and other enemies that like to jump around especially at higher levels. Also causes stun at a decent rate(SE lvl 2).

Nosuzonde: Uses about 40PP and has the same strength as nosudiga although it hits multiple enemies. You can time it so when it explodes it hits more. Also heat seeking so you can just shoot it almost anywhere.

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 11:22 AM
Megid:

Levels unbelievably slow
Out damages Dammegid easy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Incapacitate status rarely triggers
Not worth the current PP cost

Rashiid
Mar 2, 2007, 11:34 AM
ah, i have warned about Megid, yet no one believed me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

1 spell Kandii shall not be getting apon her return

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 11:37 AM
No one "believed you" because we heard it from JP players months ago. I knew full well how it was going to be, I was getting Megid regardless. It's classic.

Dragon_Knight
Mar 2, 2007, 11:47 AM
Nosmegid-

Positives- Seeker, hits two enemies tops

Negitives- SLOW attack speed, wide orbiting arc (may cause you to miss target and anything near it entirely), slow lving ability, 44 PP cost, slightly less power then noszonde (126%), also its special doesn't activate that often for a lv 2 status...which simply adds the diffrence in your current/max HP to the damage the spell normaly inflicts.

other notes- The spell doesn't detonate on its own, if you hold the button down too long the spell will fizzle and do nothing at all. Its best used if fired from close range to give the spell time to orbit closer...of course that puts you at risk if your trying to get the most out of its effects...I recall somewhere seeing a vid of nos- spells hitting enemies as they orbit....but this spell doesn't do that. Still its only lv 1 after several S rank runs but most of that is due to the spell missing or the target dying before it gets close enough. While it does chose another target on its own, it does its wide pass of the new target before getting close enough to hurt.

Overall rating- Gimme my frags back so I can get megiverse!

Zorafim
Mar 2, 2007, 11:50 AM
We still need a megid spell that's just a bunch of explosions, if you ask me.

Deja
Mar 2, 2007, 12:01 PM
Twin Mayalee -

At lvl 2 (just started today) and its stats are:
PP cost: 18
Att: 122%
Acc: 47%

It sucks that two shots = Zalure cast on a force. I find that pretty lame, they should be 12-15 at lvl 3, not 18 cost at lvl 1. But, I will have Zalure lvl 3 on my ranger, which is priceless if no force is on board. I give the spell a hearty thumbs up, if you are a guntecher. If a fortegunner, sure why not.

Yak Zangega -

Lvl 1 stats:
PP cost: 12
Atp: 126%
Att: 46%

I hit about 126 at lvl 1 with full HP, havent yet tried it with less HP. I'll edit this post in about 10 minutes and tell you HP damage at like, 50% HP and get my HP as low as I can and try. I hit about 160-170 at half HP and upwards of 185-190 at yellow HP. Not too bad. Not recommended for fortegunners, since at least guntechers have resta on tap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja on 2007-03-02 09:53 ]</font>

kevington
Mar 2, 2007, 12:44 PM
Noszonde- follows enemies into the air if they're knocked up by a melee combo. Hilarity ensues http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Inazuma
Mar 2, 2007, 01:05 PM
here a little tip for nosuzonde and nosumegido.
if you get hit, the orb will explode. so for example if your doing the linear train stage w/ all those beast rangers shooting you and your having trouble getting off attacks b/c of it, get up close to em and use your nosu techs. that way, getting hit so often will cause your orbs to explode a lot sooner http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AC9breaker
Mar 2, 2007, 01:32 PM
My feedback for Bow.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136470&forum=20&start=15&30#16

Aixiao
Mar 2, 2007, 01:35 PM
Splendor Crush seems nice so far.

Starts off 126% ATT, 75% ACC (I think, I'm at 76%, on level 2.), and costs 22 PP per use.

Stage 1: It appears to hit 2-3 (will need to confirm if it's 2 or 3) enemies 4 times each. Levels decently.

I'll add more info if someone doesn't beat me to it when I reach lvl 11.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aixiao on 2007-03-02 10:37 ]</font>

curlack45
Mar 2, 2007, 02:00 PM
I know this really isn't anything to do with the PA's, or online for that fact, but has ANYONE got double-headed ragnus? (S-RANK swords). Becuase there like, well, Alot, in offline mode, and i'm not that far off, but i was wondering what their like, send me a message if anyone knows?

Eliash
Mar 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
You can find information on items Here (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/)

Hishou Jinren-zan (Twin Dagger "Yo-yo" PA)
LV 12
PP Cost: 20
Att: 152%
Acc: 76%

It starts out with a 3 hit combo with a lingering animation at the end making it feel slow. The third hit launches the monster in the air and hits fairly decently. It levels pretty fast as well 5->12 on 1 VoC B run. The second combo is a 3 hit knock-up that keeps the monsters in the air, I cannot remember atm if it was actually doing more damage than the first combo.

Ryoten
Mar 2, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-03-02 10:35, Aixiao wrote:

Starts off 126% ATT, 75% ACC (I think, I'm at 76%, on level 2.), and costs 22 PP per use.

Stage 1: It appears to hit 2-3 (will need to confirm if it's 2 or 3) enemies 4 times each. Levels decently.

Hate to say it but I've seen the second & third parts to this. The second is like a break dance combination with a thrust at the end. & the third... I'll let you find out what its all about. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 2, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:05, Eliash wrote:
You can find information on items Here (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/)

Hishou Jinren-zan (Twin Dagger "Yo-yo" PA)
LV 12
PP Cost: 20
Att: 152%
Acc: 76%

It starts out with a 3 hit combo with a lingering animation at the end making it feel slow. The third hit launches the monster in the air and hits fairly decently. It levels pretty fast as well 5->12 on 1 VoC B run. The second combo is a 3 hit knock-up that keeps the monsters in the air, I cannot remember atm if it was actually doing more damage than the first combo.

So it knocks enemies? lolk, won't bother with that then.

Shassa
Mar 2, 2007, 03:53 PM
I have Nosdiga to 13 already, so I'm getting 2 shots now. It has 148% tech currently, stun lv2, uses 36 mp. Is incredibly useful against fast Distovas, hopping Golmoros, circling Koltova, and worms. It will track worms and wait for their asses to come out of the ground. Sometimes Nosdiga can hit creatures outside their aggro range, if they spawn far enough away. Since I get 2-for-1, it continues to level very quickly. I give it an A.

Megid, although expensive to buy and expensive to cast, is a little underrated in my book. It's piercing like Zonde and Barta, but has 30% more tech modifier than Zonde and 35% more than Barta. Plus a small chance to instakill. I think people that hate on Megid have their expectations a little too high. I give it a B-.

Giresta takes forever and a day to cast, very long delay. It costs a whopping 120 mp. It heals slightly more than Resta (I think, my Resta is 21+ so its hard to compare), will resurrect a fallen teammate (including NPCs) and gives a very short duration regen of 1% total hp per tick, just like the existing unit. At Auto Recovery lv2 it becomes 2%, but the duration doesn't increase. We're talking 5 or 6 ticks? That's not enough in my opinion. Its too slow and expensive to be used often, so it becomes more of an in-between fights convienence tech. I give it a D+.

Noszonde can eat up your pp almost as fast as Megid can, but it's homing, area effect, and shocks. Rediculous range, and can hit flying (or launched) creatures. Has 5% more tech modifier than Razonde does. Very useful, and by far the best Zonde spell. I give it a B+.

I wasn't able to afford Nosmegid or Megiverse yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shassa on 2007-03-02 21:35 ]</font>

Aixiao
Mar 2, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:08, Ryoten wrote:

On 2007-03-02 10:35, Aixiao wrote:

Hate to say it but I've seen the second & third parts to this. The second is like a break dance combination with a thrust at the end. & the third... I'll let you find out what its all about. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

=P I've seen it too. I was just talking about how many targets it'd hit and how many times, hehe. and the atk % at 11 and 21, etc.

But apparently the first hit is 2-3 enemies 3x each. I thought it was 4 but guess my eyes deceived me.

Zorafim
Mar 2, 2007, 04:58 PM
I keep hearing that Splendor Crush is fail reincarnate. Does anyone know why this is?

I just partied with someone who got Tornado Dance. God that was annoying.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-03-02 16:11 ]</font>

Dya
Mar 2, 2007, 07:45 PM
has anyone tried the twin daggers?? is that the one the Bots have where you throw it an it looks like you are throwing a yo-yo??

Dya
Mar 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
oh never mind I just saw someones comment on it.. YAY for the daggers..

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 2, 2007, 08:49 PM
splendor crush @ level 11 does like 3 hits, the first 2 is in a cartwheel kick, and the 3rd is a downward slash, hits 2 enemies.

at level 14, it has 139% atp adn 76% ata.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-03-02 17:51 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Mar 2, 2007, 09:02 PM
Giresta! (lol... anyone remember me saying I'd get it? Well I did)

Ok, IMO, it's not nearly as bad as a lot of you say.

Ok, first of all, when it revives someone, they receive 50% of their HP back, plus a temporary Me/HP Restore with less time in between.

Plus, it heals anyone else in the circle of effect just like resta--and they receive the temporary Me/HP Restore too.

So... I don't see why it seems I'm the only one who got it here on PSOW. Oh well.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 2, 2007, 09:56 PM
death w/o scape = no S, therefore, no one got it. too bad though, it helps in HIVE S when its pretty much hopeless to get an S unless we get the Gaozoran-free map.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-03-02 18:56 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 2, 2007, 09:59 PM
On 2007-03-02 18:02, PALRAPPYS wrote:

Ok, first of all, when it revives someone, they receive 50% of their HP back, plus a temporary Me/HP Restore with less time in between.

Plus, it heals anyone else in the circle of effect just like resta--and they receive the temporary Me/HP Restore too.

So... I don't see why it seems I'm the only one who got it here on PSOW. Oh well.

I got all the technics. I only use giresta at the bosst port for waiting for ppl from getting more scapes and stuff. I'll start using it at level 21 in battle though.

EphekZ
Mar 2, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-03-02 10:32, AC9breaker wrote:
My feedback for Bow.

thing is, I read somewhere it says "has high atp/ata once leveled

not sure what lvl you have it at, but you should spend some time getting it up just to see.

Yukichi
Mar 2, 2007, 11:03 PM
Ok, so far I've gotten tornado dance to 11, senten kazan-ga to 11 and rensan senshou-ga to 21. Tornado dance is at 150%, 75% with a cost of 33 photon. There seems to be no change in number of hits. Senten kanzan-ga is at 136%, 70%, 18 photon cost. The second combo is a single hit blowback that deals roughly 2 times the damage of the first combo's single hits. Each hit can hit at least two monsters, the last hit might hit more. Rensan senshou-ga is at 151%, 75% 18 photon per combo. First combo is three hits that hit up to two monsters, second combo hits twice and slightly less damage than the first combo. Hits up to two monsters. The last combo is a three hit uppercut that seems to hit at two monsters. The damage on the last hit is very nice.

So far, tornado dance has been useful for closing distance between monster and I, and the two claw skills do a decent job in punishing monsters once you are within range. If you liked renzan seidan-ga, odds are you will love rensan much more.

The three arts do not seem to be putting dus daggas, renkai, and anga redda out of buisness anytime soon, but are a nice addition to the photon arts list.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yukichi on 2007-03-02 20:03 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 2, 2007, 11:09 PM
I use splendor crush, its level 13 or so now, it's already decent, although I bet the third part of it makes the PA much better.

AC9breaker
Mar 2, 2007, 11:42 PM
On 2007-03-02 19:04, EphekZ wrote:

On 2007-03-02 10:32, AC9breaker wrote:
My feedback for Bow.

thing is, I read somewhere it says "has high atp/ata once leveled

not sure what lvl you have it at, but you should spend some time getting it up just to see.

If you read the first page you would see that the posts corrolate with my respose on that post. At level 30 ult bow is 170 while earth is 165 atk. Acc is 110 for ult 75 for earth. Taking into acount elemental damage percent and firing speed. Ult bow is totally outclassed and worthless to all save for a beast guntecher or beast protranser even then, its still questionable.. I'm still taking the bow to 30 though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-03-02 20:46 ]</font>

Dya
Mar 3, 2007, 12:44 AM
Does Giresta help like a scape doll an make it so the death doesnt count against you??

omegapirate2k
Mar 3, 2007, 12:47 AM
The death still counts.

Dya
Mar 3, 2007, 01:11 AM
damn >_< Thank you

R2D6battlebot
Mar 3, 2007, 01:22 AM
Ok, nobody has posted anything about Killer shot, so ill post the minute amount that i know. Mine is only at level 5, its pretty easy to level so far, but anyone who has leveled a rifle knows it wont stay this way. In the first 4 levels, ive seen the instant kill work maybe 4 times, each shot takes a whopping 25 PP per shot. So, yeah, so far, its not worth it, but again, anyone whos leveled a rifle before knows we just work for that 21+....

omegapirate2k
Mar 3, 2007, 01:24 AM
The killer shot would probably only be effective on lower level enemies.

But the concept is pretty cool, it just seems hard to balance.

Niered
Mar 3, 2007, 02:19 AM
Correction to above posts (or at least my opinion on the subject)

Killer Shot: At a hefty 25 PP a shot, Killer Shot will burn through your rifle ammo like nothing else. However, as previously known, its effect works (like all status conditions) based on the enemies STA. In other words, using it against an enemy with a high stamina stat, say....oh...a seed-vitace, is a bad idea. Actually, using it for enemies with even mid-range STA isnt very productive.

HOWEVER. This PA is worth carrying if only for areas flooded by robots. Robots have extremely low STA, and thusly are very susceptible to it. When I say very i mean...damn. Im a level 70 Newm Fortegunner, I did A ranks of Endrum remnants, Grove of Fanatics, and the train, and found it amazing. These are level 45 enemies, and my Killer Shot was only lvl 8, but i was seriously tearing through these guys. At most, it took mebbe 12 shots to kill one, somtimes more like 3. I plan on getting it to 21, and when we get the next update and they raise the cap to 80, ill just solo one of those areas on S for stupid amounts of EXP.

On a side note, if anyone HAS the JP Bible, might i suggest a thread devoted solely to posting the Stamina of every enemy in game? this would be unbelievably beneficial to us fortegunners that have this amazing PA.

Itsuki
Mar 3, 2007, 02:21 AM
On 2007-03-02 22:24, omegapirate2k wrote:
The killer shot would probably only be effective on lower level enemies.

But the concept is pretty cool, it just seems hard to balance.

Level of the monster doesn't matter. But TYPE OF MONSTER matters significantly. In anything below S-rank, killer shot is pretty worthless.

Soukosa
Mar 3, 2007, 02:36 AM
On 2007-03-02 23:19, Niered wrote:
On a side note, if anyone HAS the JP Bible, might i suggest a thread devoted solely to posting the Stamina of every enemy in game? this would be unbelievably beneficial to us fortegunners that have this amazing PA.

STA isn't the only thing that will influence, alot of enemies are completely immune to the down SE. Here's a status chart I made that should list just about anything a gunner would want to know for statuses, including Killer Shot's SE.
http://psu.amesani.org/project/enemy/status.php

Zorafim
Mar 3, 2007, 02:52 AM
Well, here's my take.

Twin claws: I'm only at lv4, but they're decent. 200 damage thrice against two enemies. Nothing to complain about.
Single claw, Lv4: I thought this would be worse. 300 damage twice, just about. Nice animation, rather easy to hit the two targets.
Fists, lv4: Four hits against a single target, which a slight lunge at the start. This isn't bad either. I've noticed alot of misses though, which I hope will clear up as it levels.

Dragon_Knight
Mar 3, 2007, 08:58 AM
Well I've reassessed the nosmegid...its not much better then before but after working with it on a few solo missions (Where I wasn't freaking out trying to lv the spell with 5 other lv 60-70 hunters swarming the mobs) I've seen some of its merits.

It still lvs incredibly slow and its movement speed is still the rate of barta...but the ball will pass thru a target even if its not the one it starts to circle (I don't understand why just yet, sometimes it will go thru one monster and then stick to the one next to it). Still even with its average damage (in terms of what my other higher lv spells output) it doesn't seem to be worth the cost. But if gets faster with a tighter orbit it might be worth it as long as the spell cost doesn't jump up dramaticly.

Scion
Mar 3, 2007, 01:50 PM
Nosdiga: Super cheesy, and overpowered xD. At level 21, it fires three serpents, each of them have a tech power of 161%, and growing 1% each level after that (radiga started at 162% and is growing 2% each level, making nosdiga 10% weaker at level 30). Good for multiple enemies, or just one. Think of it as a crossbow. Long range, and you don' t have to aim it. As long as you can see the enemy, it will go for it 90% of the time (there are some shots that like to go off on their own). 52 PP to cast at 21. Great tech...I expect a lot of spamming with this tech from fellow techers, xD.

Megid: Slow, narrow...expensive to cast (40 PP). Incapacitation starts at level 1, so I would assume at 21, the incapacitation is at 3. I don't think it'll be possible to kill big monsters (Tengoghs, Kog Nadds, etc.). I currently don't know how effective this is yet...it's a nightmare to level this. x_x

Nosmegid: Well, I'm trying to like this. So far, it's ok. The status effect on this is pretty good though. I was at yellow health when I used it, and it's power shot up about 10-15%. So I think at 21, this makes for a great desperation attack...but I would really never allow myself to get that low in most cases.

Giresta: Underrated. It's not a GREAT tech, but it's not the useless POS that people were assuming it to be. There's a common misconception that this is only a res tech. It's not just that. It acts as a normal healing spell, but also, adds auto hp recovery, though it doesn't last very long. Of course, it revives. xD. Think of this as more of a situational resta. 120 PP to cast at 1-10 (I'm going to work on this today, so I'll let you know more later), making it something you shouldn't be using all the time. I use it when the party is fighting something aggressive, but does little damage over time, so I won't have to cast resta over and over again. This came in handy on Dulk Fakis. I usually cast this one when he's about to throw that planet at you. It'll reduce the effect of the burn that comes with it. And of course, people run out of scapes on this fight from time to time, so I've used it for reviving too, xD.

[Edit]: OK!!! After conning some people into believing I was "leveling my buff techs (xD)", I managed to get this tech to 21. So here's my new feedback on it. 160 PP to cast (if I do my math correctly, that should've been the cost to use it when you're a normal force, making this VERY Fortetecher oriented). The regen effect is not reliable to restore lots and lots of hp, and you might have to stick in a resta here and there even after casting it. It does buy you some time to heal someone just in case you can't get there in time. It's 3% hp per tick, and it ticks about 4 times, effectively giving back 12% extra hp. Every little bit helps. One thing to note...the casting time is HORRIBLE. So you MUST know exactly when and where to use this, cuz you could end up dead yourself, xD.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-03-04 00:43 ]</font>

PMB960
Mar 3, 2007, 02:00 PM
One thing I forgot to mention is the fact that nosdiga will follow enemies anywhere. I have had it shoot backwards out of the rod to hit enemies behind me. Against Shagreece when they fly way up in the air it will just sit under them until they come down unless it goes out of range. The funny part is when the Shagreece circles around you and you have several blasts snaking around an area to follow all these enemies.

Neith
Mar 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
Senten Kanzan-ga (Single Claw)

Pros:
+ Levels insanely fast
+ Low PP cost (only 14 on a Fortefighter, making it more viable for a WT)
+ Total eye candy
+ Can hit 2 enemies per hit of the PA, and pierces bosses like De Ragan

Cons:
- First part is only 2 hits (maybe 3, but I'm almost certain it's 2).
- Second part is more eye candy than useful, it takes a little time to jump, descend and stab, which makes it blockable.

Starts with a cartwheel through the air, which hits upto 2 targets twice for reasonable damage. At lv11, you then leap high (off the screen), and rapidly descend upside down onto upto 2 targets, stabbing them with the claw. This does very high damage, but causes knockback.

Overall: 9/10 for looks, 6/10 for usefulness.

Rensan Senshou-ga (Twin Claw)

Pros:
+ Fairly damaging PA
+ Hits 2 targets early on
+ Reasonable PP cost
+ Levels fast from 1-10

Cons:
- Best part is Lv21, and PA becomes slightly slower to level past 10, or so it seems.
- Quite a boring Photon Art between Lv1-10.

This starts with a quick combination of overhead slashes, followed by a swipe to the side. At Lv11, you then leap, and slash violently, knocking enemies (was either away or up,can't remember). I don't have this at 21 yet, but I know the final part involves using your Nano Transformer to phase through the ground, emerging with a huge upward thrust a second later.

Overall: 7/10, a pretty respectable PA.

lostinseganet
Mar 3, 2007, 04:29 PM
Is there a way to forget a photon art. So you can make room for these new ones?

Eliash
Mar 3, 2007, 04:43 PM
Try to learn the new one and then you should be able to get old one out.

Lastat27
Mar 3, 2007, 05:29 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lastat27 on 2007-03-04 15:16 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Mar 3, 2007, 06:09 PM
Noszonde- Shoots a ball of lightning. It tracks the nearest enemy to you. Hits multiple enemies, has very long range, and costs quite a bit of pp. Easy to lv though. You can hold it, and let the shock occur whe you let go of the attack. It takes a little practice, but it fun to use.

Dark_Goru
Mar 3, 2007, 06:47 PM
ZOMG the bow is horrible wasted my PA. The bow at lv 6 has same as dark at lv 11. It is twice as slow though so the damage boost isn't worth it

MaximusLight
Mar 3, 2007, 10:49 PM
-Splenor Crush does three hits on the first combo
-Levels fairly slow

stats to come

Syl
Mar 3, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-03-02 22:22, R2D6battlebot wrote:
In the first 4 levels, ive seen the instant kill work maybe 4 times, each shot takes a whopping 25 PP per shot.

CORRECTION:
-Killer shot is 32 PP per shot

I have mine at lvl 9 now, haven't had too much time to work on it because of work/practice. The PA lvls 1-4 pretty quick for a rifle, but it slows down so much after that, and again after lvl 8 (12 drained 1300+ PP Riflics=~28%, give or take ~3% atm).

Now, for the effect, it's ok. It's too random to be reliable, and not only that, but it's not that frequent. I've had a lot of the insta-kills (I've had about 5 1st shot kills [which i made a macro for lol]), but not enough for me to rely on it too much. The SE will lvl as I lvl the Killer shot, so I'll post up more info once i get it to lvl 11 @ SE3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 3, 2007, 11:52 PM
I finally have splendor crush at level 21. It does 3-3-4. It hits 3 times in the sword twirling action, and like one more in the final hit in the 3rd move. the sword twirling knocked them up while the final hit knocks them back. its stats at level 21 are:
att. 146%
acc 76%

now its time for me to get it to level 30

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-03-03 20:56 ]</font>

Ryno
Mar 3, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-03-02 18:02, PALRAPPYS wrote:

EH'hem

Touka
Mar 4, 2007, 05:32 AM
Got Booga Robado to 21,the last part(ROCKET PUNCH)has a pretty large AoE and it hits about 3 times.It also knocks back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kana on 2007-03-04 02:35 ]</font>

lostinseganet
Mar 4, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-03-03 13:43, Eliash wrote:
Try to learn the new one and then you should be able to get old one out.

Ok thanks for the tip.

Mattardo
Mar 4, 2007, 12:44 PM
nozdiga is expensive as hell and has quite a large miss ratio. For something that is homing, it sure misses when I'm pointed straight at them. The fact that it can be easily interrupted is lame, as you've already expended the MASSIVE pp cost to cast it. I could have sworn I saw a video where actual serpents were attacking things... I must have been drinking again, because despite the description of this technique - I see no serpents, worms, snakes, tubular lifeforms or dragons involved at any point of the spell. It seems to have a mind of it's own with the aiming. Sometimes it hits things behind me, sometimes it shoots off in the distance and does nothing, sometimes it shoots 2 feet to the left of a monster and does nothing, sometimes it goes for a loooooong distance and hits something, sometimes it goes 20 feet and misses. Perhaps I don't know how to use the spell, but it's very expensive. 50 some pp to cast. I wish I could go to a used PA shop and trade it in.

Jakosifer
Mar 4, 2007, 12:52 PM
I have to say I'm kind of disappointed with Splendor Crush...looks nice and all but its not as "Ultimate" as the others thats for sure. >_<

kevington
Mar 4, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:44, Mattardo wrote:
nozdiga is expensive as hell and has quite a large miss ratio. For something that is homing, it sure misses when I'm pointed straight at them. The fact that it can be easily interrupted is lame, as you've already expended the MASSIVE pp cost to cast it. I could have sworn I saw a video where actual serpents were attacking things... I must have been drinking again, because despite the description of this technique - I see no serpents, worms, snakes, tubular lifeforms or dragons involved at any point of the spell. It seems to have a mind of it's own with the aiming. Sometimes it hits things behind me, sometimes it shoots off in the distance and does nothing, sometimes it shoots 2 feet to the left of a monster and does nothing, sometimes it goes for a loooooong distance and hits something, sometimes it goes 20 feet and misses. Perhaps I don't know how to use the spell, but it's very expensive. 50 some pp to cast. I wish I could go to a used PA shop and trade it in.

Yes, Nosidga does miss from time to time. I find that if I'm pointed in at least the general direction of my target(s) and keep the button held down, Nosidga will connect 90% of the time. But I've also had the stray wave go off in some random direction too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif However, I love the double hit at 11 and I'm looking forward to the triple at 21.

Tiyr
Mar 4, 2007, 02:07 PM
This's already been said, but Splendor Crush hits two enemies three times with the first part. 22pp, and relatively speaking VERY low ATP bonus compared to Assault and Rising. No knockup or anything anywhere in the first part. It's level 10 atm, levels fairly slow, but I'm reserving judgment until I get it to 21.

The twin dagger PA is EXTREMELY nice. Levels quickly, but more expensive than other twin dagger PAs at 20. First attack is three hits with a knockup at the end, second is also three hits with multiple knockups. Damage multiplier is FAR better than the old two (at level 1, it's 2% worse than the better one at level 30). So far, has two targets throughout. The area's small, so it's hard to hit multiple enemies with it unless they're small (Vahra, Badiras, etc). First knockup tends to put things out of range of the second part, so it's mainly good on a pack of enemies or on a single large enemy with multiple hitboxes. Don't have the third part yet, however.

Jey
Mar 4, 2007, 04:22 PM
Well, Killer Shot is now lv13 and costs 32 for a fG instead of 25, and the incapacitation probability is probably around 2% on vahra now instead of 1% http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif whoopie.

Exaggerating a bit there, but maybe around 5% for the piggies and humanoid mobs...

Umberger
Mar 4, 2007, 04:38 PM
Megid doesn't level too slow, but I'm kinda disappointed that Megid only gets SE3 at level 21 (Killer Shot get SE4 from what I hear), costs more than Killer Shot, and (considering how fast a Rifle can shoot) hits less, although since Megid does pierce, I suppose it kinda evens out...

I have no regrets in buying it, but it's nothing you need to be rushing to get in my opinion.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 4, 2007, 05:04 PM
22 PP? damn. for my human fortefighter, it only uses up 17 PP. And yeah, the 3rd move knocked up with the sword twirling, and if the last hit after the sword twirling hits, it sends monsters flying back.

Lastat27
Mar 4, 2007, 06:26 PM
(Updated)

Rifle: As said before, Killer Shot works amazingly well on mobs with low STA (Robots, Badira, etc.) It starts with a level 2 incapicitate effect and gets up to level 4 at 21, slaughtering Robots in messy fashion.

PP Cost: High
Leveling Difficulty: Average

Grenade Launcher: The Grenade Launcher PA reduces your ATA to 25%, hits only one mob, and costs a monstrous amount of PP (run out of PP in 15 shots). If the grenade manages to damage its opponent then the target becomes instantly frozen, and each time you hit said mob with another grenade the freeze status "resticks", thus putting mobs in a permanent frozen state as long as you have PP.

Once a mob is frozen its EVP becomes 0 making further grenades land with 100% accuracy. Using Zodaride to boost your ATA and Shotguns Ultimate PA to reduce mobs EVP is key to landing your first hit. The freeze effect is only level 1 however so other party members can break this freeze quite easily.

PP Cost: Insanely High
Leveling Difficulty: Very Hard (High PP cost makes this weapon tough to level quickly)

Shotgun: Has a 100% Zodiel effect when bullets hit a mob (ATA / EVP down). This PA also get's 100% ATA at level 21. Best used to just debuff a mob and switch to a different weapon / bullet. This PA only gets a level 1 status effect (does not go up to level 2 at 11).

PP Cost: Low
Leveling Difficulty: Very easy

Twin Handguns: Has a 100% Zalure effect when bullets hit a mob (DFP down). Best used to just debuff a mob and switch to a different weapon / bullet. Get's a level 2 status effect at 11, unsure about level 21.

PP Cost: Medium
Leveling Difficulty: Easy

Machinegun: Lowers your ATA to 1% and throws mobs into the air when hit. The trick to using this PA is to get behind the mob so your accuracy becomes 100%. A single shot from this PA will flip over Polavohras, Kogg Nadds, etc. and a steady stream of shots can put Bil de Vears and Jusnaguns into a permanent flinch (until you run out of PP).

PP Cost: Very High
Leveling Difficulty: Very Hard (mobs are hard to continously hit)

Laser Cannon: Laser Cannons distance is shortened, but each shot has a 100% knockdown / knockback effect (similar to Grenade Launchers normal PA). An excellent defensive PA as it disables packs of enemies with ease. The knockback effect however makes this PA a challenge to level.

PP Cost: Medium
Leveling Difficulty: Hard (mobs constantly get knocked out of range)

Jey
Mar 4, 2007, 06:47 PM
Twinguns do get lv3 Zalure effect at lv21. Shotgun gets lv2 Zoldeel effect at lv21.

gundam0079
Mar 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
post your feedback here on the new bullet pa's and tell everyone what they do

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 08:50 PM
Mechgun > Life.

Ether
Mar 4, 2007, 08:52 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136478&forum=20&65

gundam0079
Mar 4, 2007, 08:53 PM
for bullets it says not everything else

Golto
Mar 4, 2007, 09:05 PM
Wow the twin handgun and shotgun ult pa actually sounds worth it if soloing or in a party w/o debuffers.

Jey
Mar 4, 2007, 09:12 PM
Well, I don't remember which thread I posted it in, but Twin Mayalee is fooking awesome. fTs don't have to mass-aggro a pack of mobs to debuff, and you get decent damage + -20% defense effect.

I'll probably get the shotgun bullet too ._. but eh, I need another 100 frags first! (and Nosdiga)

Calo
Mar 4, 2007, 10:03 PM
On 2007-03-04 15:26, Lastat27 wrote:
(Updated)

Machinegun...

PP Cost: Very High
Leveling Difficulty: Very Hard (mobs are hard to continously hit)

Sounds like a challenge. Ill be going for this Ult PA then. I just hope its really satisfying to stick the gun into a mobs back and tear it apart http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pengfishh
Mar 5, 2007, 12:24 AM
I've been very happy with Twin Mayalee so far. As long is the bullets connect, they inflict Zalure, so the high PP cost doesn't effect really. I am considering grinding a 6* Yohmei Twinny (whatever the name is) just for the high PP so I can level the shits easier.

Deja
Mar 5, 2007, 01:22 AM
Twin Mayalee gets lvl 1 Zalure in the beginning, and progresses to lvl 3 Zalure, which is parallel with Fortetecher Zalure.

Shotgun Ultimate PA gets lvl 1 Zoldeel (ATA/EVP down) all the way up to lvl20, then at lvl 21 it gets lvl 2 Zoldeel (which is nice and makes it worthwhile to lvl for Guntechers)

Those are the only two I've had experience with.

Cz
Mar 5, 2007, 01:31 AM
just got enough frags today and traded them for "killer shot" and now i cant wait to use killer shot on those robots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i got my twin mayalee to level 16 and so far it is doing good. twin mayalee has the potential to have more atp %, but then it doesnt have elements.

Scion
Mar 5, 2007, 02:04 AM
Update:

Nosmegid: I just got this baby to 21 earlier today. First of all, it looks AMAZING. Somewhat demonic/ghostly. Doesn't really fit with my character's name (it actually goes against it), but still, it's absolutely beautiful, lol. The SE stays at level 3 from when it was 11-20. But, at level 3, HP conversion is much more significant. At yellow hp, it's a whopping 30%+. I mean, I think I'm doing my math correctly. 500 sans retier (on an enemy neutral to dark), around 625 at yellow hp (sans retier). I've never really tried using this on the right enemy when low on hp (I'm much too scared, lol), but I can already tell this THE damage dealer of the dark techs.

Now, something new that this tech gets at 21 is...wait for it...knock down. I remember someone (on the JP servers) saying that "if you use this tech (or any other nos tech, really), you're a n00b". I can see what she meant now. You can't knock anything big down however. I tried it on Kog Nadds....didn't work. Still, you can make 2 enemies eat sh*t and fall flat on their face. And while they're eating it, you can cast another one while you wait for them to get up...and then detonate it right in their face just to let them eat it again. It's expensive to cast (67 pp), so I only use it on really aggressive enemies.

To anyone that has this tech: Invest time in it, you won't be sorry.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 07:13 AM
Twin MayaLee is absolutely awesome. (Tynselle Hugs her Twin Gunnies). It's perhaps not the best thing in the world, but it's so rudimentally useful I practically can develop a new playstyle around them. I practically start all my battles with a quick Defense Down distribution from Twin MayaLee. That near 100% guarranteed SE upon hitting does indeed kind of counterbalance whatever extra PP requirements the shots cost. Finally, powerful Zalure distribution without the great risk. It literally is like giving a Guntecher a brand new ability. Totally worth the 60 PA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-05 04:18 ]</font>

Deja
Mar 5, 2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah, isn't Twin Mayalee great? I recently got it to 18, the countdown to 21 is imminent! It is fairly strong, and since you only use it in the beginning of battles, damage isn't a factor, although I think it will have the highest atp% of the twin PAs.

I'm also starting up on the Shotgun Ult PA. I heard from Balthasar that it gets lvl 2 Zoldeel at lvl 21. That's good news for Guntechers, you can and will get a step above your lvl 10 techs when it comes to this debuff. Also, it's ata% is threw the roof. I find this bullet to be mighty useful in a team full of forces. Newman forces have incredible EVP, and lowering the ATA of the enemies only makes you more likeable.

Guntechers got MAJOR props this update (and Fortegunners, hell even Fighgunners have nice little debuff guns), two mighty fine debuff bullets, and finally we can erase Zoldeel and Zalure, leaving two slots for even more bullet PAs.

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 11:28 AM
NosZonde, from my friends use at 21: It can shock with lv3 and knock two enemies down. It also has a faster flight speed. I haven't been using my nos- spells because I've been trying to level Megid. I like the power that it has, plus the penetrating capability. The only downside is the pp use: 40pp at level 4. Also that grenade PA is great. My fortegunner buddy uses it and can freeze large enemies like Jarbas and Bil De Vears(they don't spin when they free themselves).

Is there a good place to level the nos- techs/megid?

Ryoki
Mar 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
People are too hard on Tornado dance. First of all, it isn't just for groups of enemies, in fact, I found it worked better on single, larger enemies. Like the mechgun pa, it throws things like jarbas and Kogg Nadds into a permanent flinch, and in the case of annoying enemies like Gaozoraens, continuously knocks them back. (you can just trap them on a wall.) If I am trying to tell any fighgunner anything, it is not to always use it on all the enemies in a group.

*This pa is also helpful on timed story missions, as it is faster than your walking speed. Bring a "traveling Double Saber" if you do this, no need to waste your good DB saber's pp on moving around.)

Umberger
Mar 5, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-03-05 10:17, Ryoki wrote:
People are too hard on Tornado dance.

People aren't being hard on it, they're complaining that it's too good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-03-05 10:23, Umberger wrote:

People aren't being hard on it, they're complaining that it's too good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

People said the same thing about M. Bison's/Vega's Psycho Crusher as well.

Though I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the Poulty's Dragon Punch actually stopped that move.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-05 10:26 ]</font>

Itchee
Mar 5, 2007, 01:33 PM
Mayalee Hit is pretty sweet.
At Lvl 5, it steals about +10 per shot....

Cracka_J
Mar 5, 2007, 01:58 PM
picked up robado (fist pa) for my FF, got it up to 29 in about a 3-5 hr period while spamming new neudiaz mission. Still have about 50% on the last level to go. It's really a great pa, nice all around damage, hits multiple, and is super quick.

bought megid/nosdiga for my main, haven't been playin much with them yet since the char is maxed at 70. megid levels horribly slow, but imo, is also horribly underrated (prolly due to frag cost). Fires fairly quickly, hits everything in it's path, and does decent damage even at low levels. I can't wait to get it leveled.

nosdiga on the other hand, levels extremely fast. bought it late last night, played for about 45 mins, and got it up do 8 just with repeated use. homing spells have to be the most hilarious thing. you can approach enemies with your back turned and start firing them off just for fun, and they'll still hit. I'm lovin it so far, can only hope it gets better.

also, new neudiaz mission is the new hotness. 51mps in less than 10 mins = win.

Cz
Mar 5, 2007, 02:06 PM
i though the yo=yo twin daggers PA looks very cool and pretty useful too. It hits two targets and knock them up (not away) and fun to use. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
i got Splendor Crush to 21 and it is probably the most useful of all the twin saber PA. I like the first portion of it. pretty useful to use the 3rd part of the pa on the bigger target with 2 or more part u can hit it with.

Freshellent
Mar 5, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-03-05 10:26, Akaimizu wrote:

Though I think it would be absolutely hilarious if the Poulty's Dragon Punch actually stopped that move.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-05 10:26 ]</font>

Speaking of uppercuts,where the hell is the PA that let's me Shin Shoryukken? We got the Jojo/Hokoto no Ken Mudah,mudah,ATATTATTATA Attack,which includes a mild uppercut. But what about a solid multi hitting Leapin' upper cut huh?

Incidently, Splendor Crush is outstanding. Great for mobs,bosses. Easy to lvl and more fun to watch. Start rolling the windows people.

TeKneeK
Mar 5, 2007, 02:08 PM
Hishou Jinren-zan (YoYo daggers)

Yes it looks cool as hell, but can be frustrating at times especially when you get the third combo. The first combo hits up to 2 enemies 3 times, causing knock-up on the third hit. The second combo once again 2 enemies 3 hits with ALL of them causing knock-up. This is where it gets frustrating. By the time you use the third combo, all the monsters in front of you have already been knocked a few miles high and land a little farther away from you than they started off with. This causes the third combo (2 monsters, 4 hits, all causing knock-up as well) to almost never hit for me because the monsters are always slightly out of range.

Besides that it's an awesome pa and absolutely rips larger monsters (kamatoze, plavorah) to pieces

Ryoki
Mar 5, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-03-05 11:07, Icespike wrote:

On 2007-03-05 10:26, Akaimizu wrote:

Speaking of uppercuts,where the hell is the PA that let's me Shin Shoryukken? We got the Jojo/Hokoto no Ken Mudah,mudah,ATATTATTATA Attack,which includes a mild uppercut. But what about a solid multi hitting Leapin' upper cut huh?

Incidently, Splendor Crush is outstanding. Great for mobs,bosses. Easy to lvl and more fun to watch. Start rolling the windows people.

atatatta?rolling windows?...you are very confusing....

Syl
Mar 5, 2007, 06:44 PM
lol that's Ein for ya

Ok so even though I'm not spending as much time on PSU as I'd want to to lvl my bullets, I finnaly got Killer Shot to lvl 11. It gets incapacite lvl 3 which is really good ( i noticed a bigger frequency of insta-kills), but now the bullet costs 40 PP per shot... as if 32 wasn't bad enough T_T

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 5, 2007, 07:03 PM
Nosdiga lvl 21:
PRO
1. Shoots out 3 serpents, but if you get close enough to an enemy, theres an actual 4th hit that comes out. Strikes fairly quickly.
CON
1. If you're angled wrong, some shots will not acquire a target. So you would be doing 1 or two less for the damage.

NosMegid lvl 21 and NosZonde lvl 21:
PRO
1. Auto Targets fairly quickly. Can attack air-born targets. Great For Onma and Dimma. Has a fair radius upon impact.
2. NosZonde is fastest at seeking a target.
CON
1. For NosMegid's SE to work well, you must have distance in order to survive. The longer the distance, the likelihood of surviving even more. Each shot of NosZonde and NosMegid takes 3 seconds to detonate, so there is no instant explosion.

2. Only 2 Targets ><!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-05 16:04 ]</font>

Scion
Mar 5, 2007, 07:44 PM
You forgot to mention that nosmegid knocks down...lol. And, I think, noszonde knocks them up in the air. I don't know, you're going to have to tell me that one, since I didn't learn it yet. xD

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 5, 2007, 09:55 PM
Oh that's right. Both technics actually do knock-down. I haven't seen a knock-up from them yet. NosDiga doesn't have either knock-up or down, just flinches them + chance of paralyze.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-05 18:57 ]</font>

Scion
Mar 5, 2007, 10:45 PM
Oh, thank you for the info! Hmmm...makes me wonder if I should learn it now or not...

[Edit]: I AM going to learn it. =P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-03-05 23:19 ]</font>

eightball
Mar 6, 2007, 10:13 PM
Does anyone have a link or description of the ultimate arts...i've been looking i can't find anything very detailed...especially for the bullets..thx

Calo
Mar 6, 2007, 11:07 PM
Here you go:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136478&forum=20&93

Happy reading!

eightball
Mar 7, 2007, 12:36 AM
thanks

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 8, 2007, 09:14 AM
I have finally got Splendor Crush to level 30. Its att % is 155 and its acc % is 76.