PDA

View Full Version : Trading Dupes

pixelate
Dec 4, 2002, 07:56 PM
First of all, this section is for trading. If you feel the need to discuss duped weapons, check Cheaters.

Because this is a trade forum, everyone has the same oppurtunity to list what they have for trading and what they are looking to recieve in a trade. No members are to be flamed for trading something they cannot prove to be legit or know is not legit.

Yes, duping is possible. Not sure if you're trading for a dupe? We can't help you figure that out. So traders are not required to prove their items are legit. If you have a problem with dupes and question what you're trading for, don't go through with the trade or work it out with the person you're trading with.

Again, do not harass anyone who is trading in this section.

Trade at your own risk.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

TeamPhalanx
Dec 4, 2002, 08:25 PM
Well, now, isn't that a lovely (weak/pathetic) way to ignore one of the huge problems with the game.

pixelate
Dec 4, 2002, 08:45 PM
Ok, then who wants to go through every trade that happens in this section to make sure each person found every item they're offering?

Volunteers?

Special_K
Dec 4, 2002, 09:04 PM
Pixelate, I think it's a great idea, makes it safer to trade. Team, we know you're legit, thats great, make it easier for everyone else by having a public trade spot for dupes, so that they don't get mixed in with legits. People are going to dupe whether you like it or not, you can't stop it. So what else is there to do? Prevent people from getting screwed over, you can't stop that completely either, but at least it's a start. And it's a hell of a lot better than bitching at people and complaining and ruining threads like you do.

SaitoH
Dec 4, 2002, 10:59 PM
It is IMPOSSIBLE to monitor duped items being traded. Common sense is your only tool and no matter how honest or "legit" the person you trade with is, it is possible to get a duped item.

If you trade, it's the risk you take.

pixelate
Dec 4, 2002, 11:45 PM
Eh, I was joking about the monitoring thing.

Saitoh hit the nail on the head.

Armok
Dec 5, 2002, 05:05 AM
People could Label things with a

(S) Self found not duped
(S*) self found but I duped the one for trade
(T) Traded for so unsure

Blade_1
Dec 5, 2002, 05:54 AM
Way to go Armork thats what i used to do but i would advise all legit players not to trade because personally i don't want to pick up any crap. On a side note i have 2 Double Cannons , a Lavis Cannons a Physco Wand and a couple of Heaven Punishers all found in normal F1 boxes except the double Cannons which i got from a rare Pove Rappy which is a cross beween the Pal and Love Rappy (Very Very rare - the rappy's must be inter-breeding) i am after all your hard earned rares particularly God/Battle and Demolition Comet. Now where have i heard this before?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 5, 2002, 04:24 PM
Actually, monitoring already does go on here. Take the offer for the DOUBLE CANNON & PHOTON SPHERE. While some choose to remain blind to where their items came from, other choose to ask and raise questions about the item's origins.

Losers aren't going to label their items as dupes. See the PHOTON SPHERE example. The guy's in complete denial that it's a dupe.

Munki
Dec 5, 2002, 04:48 PM
I can see your point, but I am sure everybody doesn't want this to turn into Paranoid finger pointing. Sometimes it may be obvious, or sometimes you may feel that something is amiss. Then don't trade with that person. Which is why you take some risk when you trade. If you trade with people you don't know, eventually you are gonna get a dupe. That's all there is to it. I can't imagine there is going to be any way to avoid that. Assuming that duping is as widespread a problem as I hear it is becoming.

I for some reason tend to find my rares in pairs. I don't know why, maybe it's my id, or maybe I am just lucky (i.e. 2 Delsaber right arms in 1 run on ruins once... and that was the first time I found any delsaber parts). I for one wouldn't want to be labeled a duper (specially since I have no idea how it is even done on GC... thought it wasn't possible, they fixed that bug for US).

Anyway, that's my two cents. I agree with the TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK statement. Most legits stop trading with strangers after duping starts from what I have heard anyway.

SaitoH
Dec 5, 2002, 04:50 PM
uhhhh ... that's why you have to use common sense. That being said ... If you make a nice trade for a "non uber rare", I don't care who it is, it IS possible to end up with a dupe. No matter how how well you know the person you are trading with.

The point is, obvious examples aside, it isn't possible for the board moderates to screen what's being traded in this section. Simply because you cannot prove what is and is not a dupe.

^w^

TeamPhalanx
Dec 5, 2002, 08:32 PM
It's not really paranoia. Think about it, so far, the only one that's been targeted was the one about the DOUBLE CANNON - which we all know, with 100% certainty, that it's a dupe. There wasn't much talk about the PHOTON SPHERE one until someone came in and alerted us to the problem.

If someone comes here and tries to trade off a black king bar I doubt that'll arise much suspicion, as the item is very rare, but still findable/makeable.

RuneWalsh
Dec 5, 2002, 09:01 PM
Yea the dbl cannon is the only item that has been duped as far as i see (i play ALLOT) sega needs to delete the dbl cannon , not BAN but just delete them. (Blizzard use to do this in D2 back in the day) allot of the people that helped mess up pso back in the day will filter out due to the fact that 2 months from now the poeople playing are paying for the service and i dont think people are gona pay $8.99 a month for somthing that they will just try to destroy (and if they do there sick) and another thing DUPES will kill this game..... and as long as there is no mass dupe bug im not to scared

jello44
Dec 5, 2002, 09:17 PM
Talking to Phal is like talking to a wall, the words just bounce off...

Use common sense. If someone is offering an uber rare item, well then don't make an offer for it if it scares you. By making a trade you are taking risks, and who's to say that any of this stuff isn't duped? Just because it is easy to find? unlikely.

I don't think that PSOW should have to monitor anything, I'm pretty sure there are people who play PSO who don't give a shit if their weapon is duped or not.

Balthor
Dec 5, 2002, 09:25 PM
Wow, Phalanx crying over how a block of 0101010001's were concieved. How new.

People, just trade, you guys act like its the end of the world that some dupes are floating around.

Honestly, some people should have their tear ducts stapled shut.

Boo fucking hoo.

RuneWalsh
Dec 5, 2002, 09:25 PM
I found a luminous field in the mines in ult redria id and the sacred cloth these are two items that in pso dc where REALLY HARD to get i think dupeing is so not needed due to the fact that these items are not hard to get. also i notice some people saying that the demos are duped , no the waterfall quest there is a way to get one to pop out (i will go no further) the the old dc dupe bug is not an issue it can be controlled and just like the above post dont trade of dbl cannons. the choice is really up to the gamers and make no mistake if you use a dbl cannon u are LAME

pixelate
Dec 5, 2002, 10:31 PM
This thread was only to set a policy which this section was lacking. I saw the Double Cannon thred get out of hand and decided that some guidelines needed to be set in.

Don't harass anyone trading. Don't harass anyone who is harassing some one else.

It's also in the rules: don't flame; don't respond to flame bait.

Mag_Launcher
Dec 6, 2002, 12:53 PM
Wow, rune, you're ignorant.

Are you gonna call EVERYONE who has a Double Cannon a duping lamer? Because all you need is a Lavis Cannon and 2 Syncestas, and you can make Double legitimately, so put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

And WHY do you feel duping will ruin PSO?

- Are you afraid of people lesser than you having the rares that you have?
- Are you afraid of being

Zae
Dec 6, 2002, 03:28 PM
Whats A dupe I dont Understand

pixelate
Dec 6, 2002, 05:11 PM
A dupe is a duplicate. It's possible to duplicate items in PSO. Some people don't mind duping items, but some people do mind.

Again, if you want to discuss whether or not duping is bad, bring it up in Cheaters, not here in Trade.

At PSOW, we don't have a problem if you're for or against duping; you just can't post how to do it. The only rule is to not flame anyone, even if you disagree with their views on duping. I know people have stong opinions on this, but try to watch what you post.

Well, the points are made. Please, do your best to stick to 'em.