PDA

View Full Version : PSUJP update 3/8: Edited, New details in post.

Lyrise
Mar 2, 2007, 02:29 PM
Taking place during the Ultimate attack event, the March 8th update looks VERY promising. Without further ado:

-2 new missions to be added for Ultimate attack:
Undersea Lab Inferno
Lightning Speed Purification Command

*Special Notes: Undersea Lab Inferno needs a 3 member party minimum to complete, Lightning Speed Purification command requires 4; both missions do not contribute to the PA Fragment Set bonus condition*

*Special Notes #2: High Pay, High experience, but extremely high difficulty.

-Conditions of acquiring the Frypan
In order for players to acquire the frypan, players need to complete all 7 Ultimate Attack missions, then consult with Bruce on Guardians HQ on Clyez City 5F

Special note #2: Only one frypan per ACCOUNT, regardless of world or character (meaning if you claim it on World 2, and you have chars on world 1, you can't get the pan in World 1.

-White Day lobbies
Coinciding with the GM event BOYS of absolute Flame, the GMs will continue to raid all Ultimate attack games, but will be dropping more than one present this time and will contain different items. Additionally, the battlefield will change once more, like on Valentines day...

*Lyrise's note: The battlefield changing, means you can now find Jaggo Amures*

And here's a big one, that will indeed be to the joy of many, and the bane to many others, probably ST's direct response to why people keep spamming Lakeside and Agata S2 instead of Ultimate Attack (Not just my feeling, but many others on ST's own BBS)

-New upper class weapon boards to be FOUND.

*Lyrise's note #2: This indeed means 10 star weapon boards*
Lyrise's note #3: All bets on these boards located in the 2 new missions. There. ST just gave everyone a reason to play Ultimate attack.

I know a LOT of people who are going to be happy for this, and even more people who are going to be changing how they play PSU once this update gets implemented.

That's all for now, until next time!

Edited for accuracy, since ST can't make up their minds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-03-02 16:47 ]</font>

Golto
Mar 2, 2007, 02:36 PM
OMG awesome s rank weapon boards will be sold correct? Thats good news for the unlucky like me.

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 02:37 PM
S ranks in stores = worst decision ever.

Midicronica
Mar 2, 2007, 02:39 PM
Hmm, that sounds great. I was hoping they'd do that. XD

Eliash
Mar 2, 2007, 02:40 PM
Now can I complain about only having Crea Doubles? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 02:41 PM
No, considering you found them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eliash
Mar 2, 2007, 02:42 PM
So...not like it's going to matter anymore. ><

Lyrise
Mar 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
Well, look at it this way. They're just 10 stars and they're just the boards, no mention was made for the materials that make them.

2 things to think about here: 1. How many proper 10 star materials have you found lately?
2. Maybe people will stop spamming Lakeside and Agata S2 so much.
The only reason why people were there in the first place anyway were for the 10 star boards; the end reward in no way outclasses a place like Labs S2, plus its Jabba infested.

Rashiid
Mar 2, 2007, 02:43 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:37, Sychosis wrote:

10*s = ok for me.

wont matter for hunters, since they refuse to use neutral weapons.

this is good news for Rangers/Forces, since they add theyre elements

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 02:44 PM
Give me the 400k it'll cost for the board and you can complain all you want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Thrash777
Mar 2, 2007, 02:45 PM

You said it before me. I agree totally. Nothing is gonna be rare anymore, cos it'll be in the shops!

amtalx
Mar 2, 2007, 02:45 PM
I don't think its so bad having S boards in the shop, provided they stop at 10*. The 11/12* will just have to be left for the truly lucky (when they are released.)

Eliash
Mar 2, 2007, 02:46 PM
As soon as I find another one and sell the board for 1mil...

McLaughlin
Mar 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:43, Rashiid wrote:

10*s = ok for me.

wont matter for hunters, since they refuse can't use neutral weapons or we get booted.

The boards are being sold too Rashiid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-02 11:49 ]</font>

Spellbinder
Mar 2, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:45, Thrash777 wrote:

You said it before me. I agree totally. Nothing is gonna be rare anymore, cos it'll be in the shops!

I think we should at least wait to see how much they sell for before people jump to conclusions because.

1.) If hypothetically the boards sold for 1 million meseta, that's a hefty fee for a board that isn't a sure garuntee, but that's only because JP PS2/PC and Xbox360 don't have inflated economies.

2.) They're probably going to only be 10 star, which I think is perfectly fine.

3.) As Lyrise said earlier, they only reason people are spamming Lakeside and such is for the two or three S Rank boards that are available. And might I say, S2 Lakeside is such an incredible pain in the behind, I'd be greatful to know there's a Halarod board in the shop I can save money and work toward.

Sychosis
On 2007-03-02 11:43, Lyrise wrote:
Well, look at it this way. They're just 10 stars and they're just the boards, no mention was made for the materials that make them.

2 things to think about here: 1. How many proper 10 star materials have you found lately?
2. Maybe people will stop spamming Lakeside and Agata S2 so much.
The only reason why people were there in the first place anyway were for the 10 star boards; the end reward in no way outclasses a place like Labs S2, plus its Jabba infested.

With rumors surrounding the expansion, even 12* weapons boards will seem insignificant to 13*-15* weapons should they prove true. There is no reassurance it will end here.

Really any argument about the lack of rare items to hunt has just been proven truer than ever.

On 2007-03-02 11:43, Rashiid wrote:

10*s = ok for me.

wont matter for hunters, since they refuse to use neutral weapons.

...? They're Boards, hunters can make just as much use of them as anyone...

Golto
Well it will take almost 3 months for the US servers to get this update. So all you people on US servers can still huggle your sranks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Inazuma
Mar 2, 2007, 03:09 PM
thx for the update info lyrise.

i dunno if ppl would stop doing good missions if the items are sold in stores. it still takes money to buy those items from the stores, rite? so there is still a reason to play a mission w/ more meseta over one w/ less -_-;

but i like how we need to clear the missions to get the frypan. that actually gives ppl some real motivation to do it. and it also increases the value of the frypan, which makes me wanna earn one to sell it later.

Zorafim
Mar 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
So, like, no more rare hunting?

; ;

Aaron777
Mar 2, 2007, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I have to agree about liking the prospect of S ranks being sold in stores but would also like to see them stop at 10*. And another thing, (people have already mentioned this but) with future weapons being 13 + stars I wouldn't complain about this small thing.

Lyrise
Mar 2, 2007, 03:18 PM
This presents a really interesting situation. Will people continue to do Lakeside knowing that they were only there for the boards (because this really was the case)? And they can't go back to the labs next week, unless Undersea Lab Inferno A pays just as much. But I think if Lightning Speed Purification command pays even decently, a lot of people might show up there, since the description on the site mentions if done properly, this one might just go by quickly, as implied by "Lightning Speed"...

Edit: bah, just realized, peopple will just simply go to Crimson Behemoth S2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-03-02 12:19 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 2, 2007, 03:30 PM
If the boards are sold in stores, they cease to become rare, right? I mean, with all the halarods I see in pictures that people own on the PC/PS2, this item has lost the mystique of being a rare and simply becomes another rod. If they release 10* boards in the shop, 10* weapons will cease to be rare.

Lyrise
Mar 2, 2007, 03:32 PM
The boards won't be rare. The materials that comprise them will. Then there's the fact that you only get 1 shot instead of 3. So if you fail, gotta start over again. Plus, I'm pretty sure ST draws the line at 10 stars anyway.

JAFO22000
Mar 2, 2007, 03:35 PM
True. I suppose it's not such a bad thing. I mean, I REALLY wanna see a halarod in action (preferably by me!).

ShadowDragon28
Mar 2, 2007, 03:54 PM
Just goes to show, alot of JP players on the JP servers (like 50% of?) are just as whiney, greedy and selfish as 90% of players of PSU in the U.S. Kinda' sad.... *sighs*

Whatever happened to playing for commradery(sp?) i.e. helping your friends/overall community, and/or playing to have fun?

I think it's stupid to have 10* wep boards for sale.

ST, what they *should do* :
*ADJUST* the relative *Drop Rate* for Boards in the A and S-Rank missions raising it by like 10%~15% to improve chances of the boards droppingl;
and lower the amount of Meseta and MP reward, so those spammed missions are *less* appealing to be spammed.
That's what I would do if I was ST. *sigh*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-03-02 12:56 ]</font>

VectormanX
Mar 2, 2007, 04:16 PM
S rank boards in NPC shops? sounds like everyone can have a chance to use some S ranks now and i can see the price of synth mats going up sharply in the near future. Fortunately for me, i already have most of the weaponry i want, so no whining about that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I dont care about the rewards etc etc, i just wanna play and have a great time, while experiencing everything the game has to offer.
I cant complain about updates though. I havent been let down yet. GG ST.

mll
Mar 2, 2007, 04:54 PM
I don't think releasing 10*'s is a problem it's not like they were particularly rare on PSO.
I hope they dont release the 11*s though.
Will the 10* Kubara weapons be released too?

Soukosa
Mar 2, 2007, 04:56 PM
I can forsee even less PT players on the JP servers soon as well as players of other classes that got gimped in their S rank selection (like GT and WT). Maybe then ST will finally see how pathetic of a job they did with the S rank alignment with the classes?

_Deliverance_
Mar 2, 2007, 05:15 PM

Lyrise
Mar 2, 2007, 05:37 PM
On 2007-03-02 13:56, Sounomi wrote:
I can forsee even less PT players on the JP servers soon as well as players of other classes that got gimped in their S rank selection (like GT and WT). Maybe then ST will finally see how pathetic of a job they did with the S rank alignment with the classes?

I dunno. Seems like Trap power was raised again recently. It wasn't until Ultimate attack that I noticed PTs doing well over 2000 trap damage. (Sleep trap did 2000 to a Vitace)

Retehi
Mar 2, 2007, 05:54 PM
So. . people complain about not having enough cool rares to have, or stuff to own, now they're gonna give us the chance to buy the boards to make said cool rares. . Then you guys complain about that.

You guys are hilarious!

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 2, 2007, 05:54 PM
lol we are actually getting Whites day. I wonder how many US gamers even know what that is.

Sychosis
Mar 2, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-03-02 14:54, Retehi wrote:
So. . people complain about not having enough cool rares to have, or stuff to own, now they're gonna give us the chance to buy the boards to make said cool rares. . Then you guys complain about that.

You guys are hilarious!

I think it's more like, one group of people complain about not having enough cool things to equip, and another group complains about things being too easy to acquire. Rather than a hypocritical collective.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 2, 2007, 06:20 PM
Both groups need to just hug and make up.

ShinMaruku
Mar 2, 2007, 06:25 PM
Both sisdes are bitches and need a stong pimp to make them give him his money

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 2, 2007, 06:26 PM
Damn Maruku just turned me on with that.

DonRoyale
Mar 2, 2007, 06:31 PM

PC/PS2 disagrees.

Lyrise
Mar 2, 2007, 07:23 PM
Big Changes. ST just changed the updates. They are in my original post now, but I'll also list them out here.

-10Star weapons need to be found again, not in stores.
-The locations for those boards: in the 2 new missions. ST just gave people a reason to play Ultimate Attack
-The 2 new Ultimate Attack missions, apparently ST has classified them as high pay, high experience. However, they are also classified as EXTREME difficulty.

That pretty much sums it up.

Retehi
Mar 2, 2007, 07:28 PM
ahahaahahaha.

Oh wow, can't wait for the reaction on this one now.

VectormanX
Mar 2, 2007, 07:48 PM
you're not the only one :3 hehehe

Inazuma
Mar 2, 2007, 07:50 PM
ST is really doing a good job lately! the big event is becoming better all the time.

VectormanX
Mar 2, 2007, 08:29 PM
Good job now huh? lol

omegapirate2k
Mar 2, 2007, 11:42 PM
Good stuff, it'll be nice when we finally get this stuff.

Para
Mar 3, 2007, 01:00 AM
On 2007-03-02 16:50, Inazuma wrote:
ST is really doing a good job lately! the big event is becoming better all the time.

I thought it was good from the start and now they're just making it better. Thought so.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 3, 2007, 04:51 AM
I love <3 the changes they made.
I *pray* that these UA missions all get put on US servers .... Glad that they wont have the 10 * boards for sale in shops.

Sega of USA, PLEASE put in the Ultimate Attack event & missions PLEASE! *prays*....

I can't be the only one that would love to find a bunch of 10 star wep boards, get good to high mission rewards and win 7 days of 3 Star Luck?!