PDA

View Full Version : Fighgunner Only Bruce Parties Now? (no flame plz)

Rashiid
Mar 2, 2007, 02:52 PM
i mean think;

grab a couple Photon Charges, hav all 5 fighgunners spam tornado dance to run faster and destroy Bil De Virs in seconds (all that knockback, not 1 chance to attack, poor bears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif).....

think anyone tried this yet?

in theory, this could make those runz go mad fast, yet unfair for every other class.

McLaughlin
Mar 2, 2007, 02:56 PM
Or you could have 5 Fortetechers spam Nosudiga. Same result.

In theory, this'd be mad expensive, and incredibly stupid because there'd be no Force.

Rashiid
Mar 2, 2007, 03:01 PM
well, technically you wouldnt need a force, being that you kill everything in seconds.

think: 5 70/10 Fighgunners w/ D-sabers of the opposing element, kill things in seconds.

the Nosudiga wouldnt work, since you must stay put while casting, and wait for it to hit (time consuming)

McLaughlin
Mar 2, 2007, 03:02 PM
Except technically, nothing dies so fast that it can't hit you. The hitbox lag here is ridiculous. And no Force = no Shifta = no uber damage.

Nosudiga would work fine. It has AOE and knockback.

Carbinne
Mar 2, 2007, 03:03 PM
Technically after a Jellen/Zalure and lvl 3 buffs on 4 FiGunners plus the added damage of Nosudiga on top of that, you'd probably do more dmg, so I'd say having a force is worthwhile.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 2, 2007, 05:00 PM
sounds fun. I wanna try

Lyrise
Mar 2, 2007, 05:40 PM
On 2007-03-02 11:52, Rashiid wrote:
i mean think;

grab a couple Photon Charges, hav all 5 fighgunners spam tornado dance to run faster and destroy Bil De Virs in seconds (all that knockback, not 1 chance to attack, poor bears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif).....

think anyone tried this yet?

in theory, this could make those runz go mad fast, yet unfair for every other class.

Only in offline theory. Online, you'll never see Tornado dance do more than 170% damage, whereas in Offline, it was a whopping 280%. Plus, if you lose control of TD in the last room, you can and most likely will fly into a bear spin.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 2, 2007, 05:55 PM
That's the entire point of focusing TD's on the bears themselves. Keep them in stunlock.

Lyrise
Mar 2, 2007, 05:58 PM
I'm probably going to be wrong for saying this, but don't you need to deal with a field full of Damufoie as well? (Is assuming you're doing this in A)

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 2, 2007, 06:22 PM
Usually from my experience with DoubleSaber PAs that have knock back effects, when you focus on the Bils, the others that are dumb enough to approach you, get simultaneously knocked away, dispite your foward focus on the Bils.

It's best as a fighgunner, to just stick a trap on'em, then spam those PAs to get them caught in a stun-lock, while at the same time having your PAs knock the approaching mobs away at the same time.

Rashiid
Mar 2, 2007, 06:49 PM
just wondering, not saying its full-proof, or that im trying it
(now w/ more mission, no more bruce for me for good this time, h8 that guy)

PALRAPPYS
Mar 2, 2007, 09:19 PM
Huh... very interesting. I wonder how it'd turn out.

By the way, did you get Tornado Dance Rashiid? I don't remember that being in the message you sent me earlier.

VanHalen
Mar 2, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-03-02 12:02, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Except technically, nothing dies so fast that it can't hit you. The hitbox lag here is ridiculous. And no Force = no Shifta = no uber damage.

You don't need Shifta. Before the buff update I did just fine without it.

Yukichi
Mar 3, 2007, 01:44 AM
So far, tornado dance does seem to do a decent job keeping bils at bay, with only one FiGunner. I can imagine how it would be with multiple FiGunners. For me it seems, as long as the first hit of tornado dance does not miss, I can keep a nonbuffed bil from unleashing a spin. It the spin animation starts, tornado dance can still stagger the bil. As for buffed ones, I've been able to keep one at bay, but I've also had one get into spin mode as well.

Tornado dance does allow a FiGunner to get past 2 gates ( that I currently know of ) with just the FiGunner. The first gate is at the first switches on B2, going towards the first two Bil de Vears. You cannot bypass the gate going in, but on the way out, you can stand on the switch, and tornado dance through. The second passable gate is after the first keylock of block 2. Step on the switch and dance through it. The second gate after it seems to be too small to get through.

If I have time I'll try to do more testing tomorrow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yukichi on 2007-03-02 22:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yukichi on 2007-03-03 08:52 ]</font>

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 11:45 AM
Told you.

natewifi
Mar 3, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-03-02 12:02, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

LOL, you sed uber.