PDA

View Full Version : It's over.

RedBoxHunter
Mar 2, 2007, 05:31 PM
Some people might remember me from years ago when I posted in this board for tech support. I love PSO. I wanted nothing more in the world then to play it online. So not too long after PSO's GameCube release, I bought myself a broadband adapter and looked forward to the online gaming experience of my life.

I make sure all the settings are the way they are supposed to be, then I try to connect and buy my licence.

Cannot find DHCP. Server may not exist or may be down.

Okay, no problem. I just tweak my settings and go again.

A YEAR passes. I have tried every damn trick in the book. I called Sega and they couldn't help. I called my ISP and they couldn't help. I asked everyone with at least an ounce of online gaming knowledge I know and they couldn't help. I tried more message boards then I can count.

THOSE WORDS ARE BURNED INTO MY RETINAS.

Now, years later and I HAVE NEVER STOPPED TRYING TO GET THAT DAMN GAMECUBE TO GO ONLINE. I TRIED FOR YEARS. Now the PSOGC servers are going down and guess what, I missed it. I looked at other alternatives. DC servers are going down too. Xbox servers are full of hackers. PSOBB and private servers are still up but have small populations that continue to decline. PSO is for all intents and purposes, dead. Dead. One of the longest goddamn running online games of ALL TIME and I MISSED THE WHOLE THING. I'm f*cking pissed.

CupOfCoffee
Mar 2, 2007, 06:18 PM
Actually, the private servers consistently have 300+ players on in the middle of a weekday. I think it's spiked up recently because of so many returners to PSO (from PSU), but it's not like you'd have found more people on the official servers at any point in the last year and a half, I'd say. Try out the private ones.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 2, 2007, 06:34 PM
I can't give any info but I am actually on the PSO BB private servers. I quit PSU >_>;

Now, as Coffee said, there's a good 300 people online, at least 250 at any given time.

RedBoxHunter
Mar 2, 2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks, I tried to check out the BB private servers recently. Looks like Sega wants to keep tradition with giving me hell, because I can't get the BB client to work for me. I'm going to keep fighting though!