PDA

View Full Version : Do other bullets have this effect?

Chaobo99
Mar 3, 2007, 12:36 AM
Today i saw the mechs knocking stuff into the air..obviously i also the knockback on the laser cannon..
Do any of the other bullets have an inusual effect? like would handgun knock them back?

Retehi
Mar 3, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-03-02 21:37, omegapirate2k wrote:
Mechs don't knock stuff in the air, guy.

The Ult PA does for them does.

omegapirate2k

Rashiid
its the effect for them.

Handgun: HP Steal
Mechgun: KnockUp (back. up. w/e)
LazerCannon: Knockback

its just theyre 'SE'

omegapirate2k
Mar 3, 2007, 12:41 AM
On 2007-03-02 21:37, Retehi wrote:

On 2007-03-02 21:37, omegapirate2k wrote:

The Ult PA does for them does.

Nice, I thought it was a higher firing rate in exchange for lower ATA, though :/

Jey
Mar 3, 2007, 12:42 AM
No, it's knock-up in exchange for horrible att and dismal ata http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 12:43 AM
Crossbow much? (i think)

Carbinne
Mar 3, 2007, 05:59 AM
Ahh, I was wondering if the PAs we got were the knockback/knock up variety. My main question is, how's the PP economy on them. If you can squeeze off 3 PP worth of Mayalee Fury on a Gaozoran's back and keep popping it up over and over then it would give mechs something useful to do besides hit for disappointing amounts of damage.

Same with the Laser PA; Laser Cannoc may be weaker and less accurate but the 1300+ PP could add up to big mob disruption if used well. Anyone know?

As for the others, from what I hear the Bow PA is not proving useful as it doesn't do enough damage.

Twin Mayalee for the twin pistols adds Zalure (def. down) I believe. Great for soloing I'd think, stick that and agtaride up for more damage, but PP usage is high.

Mayalee Hit for the handguns have a dismal HP draining effect. Maybe at 21+ bullets they will restore a bit more than crap hp. I believe the card/fan PA also has HP drain on it as well.

Killer Shot is special use rifle bullet for killing robots for the most part. Megid effect but the PP drain is insane. One shot kill effect is nice when it goes off but it only tends to acceptably go off on robots, at least at tier 1.

I believe the shotgun adds a EVP/ATA down effect. Interesting.

No clue what crossbows do. I hear it's another damage only PA.

The new bullets pretty much add more options for slaying monsters and do little as far as killing bosses.

Jey
Mar 3, 2007, 07:25 AM
On 2007-03-03 02:59, Carbinne wrote:
Ahh, I was wondering if the PAs we got were the knockback/knock up variety. My main question is, how's the PP economy on them. If you can squeeze off 3 PP worth of Mayalee Fury on a Gaozoran's back and keep popping it up over and over then it would give mechs something useful to do besides hit for disappointing amounts of damage.

1) PP usage is atrocious. I can empty a Drumline in 10 seconds or so on GT.
2) It's a lot harder than I imagined to get "behind" a mobile mob. The rear arc is really very narrow.
3) When a mob gets knocked up, you get at most 2-3 hits on it before it gets knocked up over your bullets, then automatically falls down facing you. So you gotta run behind it again to be able to knock it back up. Hella annoying.
4) At lv1 I could stunlock lv15 SEED Vances, but it only tickles lv90 SEED Vitaces. The effect on large mobs varies. Tengoghs and their ilk will fall on their butts, Kamatozes just get pushed around. Maybe at lv11/21 you can begin to stunlock Vitaces, I dunno. It's hella painful to level.

Twin Mayalee for the twin pistols adds Zalure (def. down) I believe. Great for soloing I'd think, stick that and agtaride up for more damage, but PP usage is high.

Twin Mayalee is awesome. I gleefully removed Zalure for it. As long as your hits deal damage, the Zalure effect procs 100%, even on minibosses so far that my fT might take a couple tries to stick. It's so much safer than a fT running in to Zalure and mass-aggro a pack of really angry things. The damage ain't bad either; just grind up some Yohmei twins and you won't even notice the PP drain - it's a debuff tool, not direct damager.

Mayalee Hit for the handguns have a dismal HP draining effect. Maybe at 21+ bullets they will restore a bit more than crap hp. I believe the card/fan PA also has HP drain on it as well.

The HP regain/PP used for handgun is 1:15 (18pp) at lv1, 1:10 (21pp) at lv2, and 1:6 (24pp) at lv3. Kinda meh for hunters since they only get up to lv10. Kinda meh for card-users since they can all use resta anyway. I guess it's ok for fortegunners ... sorta.

Killer Shot is special use rifle bullet for killing robots for the most part. Megid effect but the PP drain is insane. One shot kill effect is nice when it goes off but it only tends to acceptably go off on robots, at least at tier 1.

Megid's PP drain is twice as vile as Killer Shot's. Then again, here I am going insane trying to level it x_X; Seems to go off at an ok rate on "small" mobs like polties too, but those have very low endurance as well. Plus, it's only lv2 incapacitate at the moment, grrr.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jey on 2007-03-03 04:27 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 3, 2007, 09:20 AM
Wow! I'm going to LOVE Twin Mayalee. An actual Twin Gun delivered effect that works on everything up to MiniBosses really does add a lot. And like that semi-famous Sample used in Jet Set Radio Future. "You know. I'm gonna love this!"

natewifi
Mar 3, 2007, 11:19 AM
LoL you sed knock up.

kaku
Mar 3, 2007, 01:56 PM
chousei-sou isn't worth the frags.

not only is the damage/accuracy not that great (although i only have it at like lv3), it shoots noticably slower (longer freeze period after firing a shot) than other bow bullets.