PDA

View Full Version : Well, Dulk Fakis is spectacularly underwhelming.

Esufer
Mar 3, 2007, 07:59 AM
Not that he's a rubbish boss or anything... Just.. y'know. The fight ends pretty quickly. If I'm fighting a boss that's 8 levels my superior, I wanna be there fighting it for at least ten minutes, and get close to the brink of death a couple of times.

But oooooh no. He just HAS to die quickly. T_T

Hope he's a bit more fun on S-rank...

Sychosis
Mar 3, 2007, 08:12 AM
On S rank your worthless metal rump is toast.

Ash1ey
Mar 3, 2007, 09:12 AM
Hes incredible on S

Akaimizu
Mar 3, 2007, 09:22 AM
I'm guessing enough people haven't seen him Offline to know how nasty he could be. I don't think you can get anything less than the S version offline. He's pretty deadly, even for your somewhat over-powered Offline self. That is, unless you specifically over-level given you can sort of grind up to level 100.

ZX
Mar 3, 2007, 09:22 AM
I hope you like planets...

SarinSerafi
Mar 3, 2007, 09:45 AM
Ooo, I can't wait to try him out online. I've fought him hundreds of times in Extra Mode, and yes, my level 100 Hunter smokes him easily.. but I hear he's not such a pushover online. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif w00t!

Turbobrain
Mar 3, 2007, 09:58 AM
Real noobish question here.... but where is this boss located? I have the board the make a figure.... so it would be cool to see what he looks like..... I don't think I'll be fighting him on S for a while yet.

Dhylec
Mar 3, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-03-03 06:58, Turbobrain wrote:
Real noobish question here.... but where is this boss located?

Go through Hive on 4th floor, then take the next exit.

Callous
Mar 3, 2007, 10:28 AM
On 2007-03-03 06:22, Akaimizu wrote:
I'm guessing enough people haven't seen him Offline to know how nasty he could be. I don't think you can get anything less than the S version offline. He's pretty deadly, even for your somewhat over-powered Offline self. That is, unless you specifically over-level given you can sort of grind up to level 100.

I was about level 55, spammed him with Dus Daggas and he went down really fast without ever being close to killing me.

Sychosis
Mar 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
Here is our fight with Fakis last night in a nice 200MB download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9F1FJ5BI

Please note you cannot hear my sexylicious voice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

omegapirate is a decent substitute however http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

natewifi
Mar 3, 2007, 11:07 AM
You have to sign up, and spend money to see the video... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pokefiend
Mar 3, 2007, 11:08 AM
*tsk tsk* ensufer, weren't you the one of the ppl who joined my party today? Did you not read the discussion I was having w/ some of the other players?

Dulk Fakis on S is completely different from A, B, or C. In fact S is the only place you can fight him in his final form after you first kill him in his first form. DO NOT UNDERMINE DULK FAKIS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-03-03 08:14 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 3, 2007, 11:16 AM
On 2007-03-03 08:07, natewifi wrote:
You have to sign up, and spend money to see the video... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

You need only enter the 3 digit code, then wait 45 seconds.

Ninjaedit: Then click to download of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-03-03 08:22 ]</font>

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-03-03 08:16, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-03-03 08:07, natewifi wrote:

You need only enter the 3 digit code, then wait 45 seconds.

Ninjaedit: Then click to download of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-03-03 08:22 ]</font>

Then rub your tummy, spin around on one foot on your tippytoes 3 times while chanting "What what, in the butt". Then afterwards, you bend over, and shout out loud, FROM BEHIND!!! and everything'll be fine n peachy-keen.

Sychosis
Mar 3, 2007, 11:28 AM
What you do in the bedroom with your significant other is none of my concern Mr. ALPHA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 12:00 PM
Damn that Mr. ALPHA name thing sounds hot. Call me by that from now on.

Mr. ALPHA...mm..

Chaobo99
Mar 3, 2007, 12:46 PM
He ahnialated my group of lv.70s in a few..survived the alley and about 5 comets then it was over when he rained comets twice so he could get us below 85% then shot his massive comet of death.it was a pretty epic fight really fun yet devastating to your inventory.fortunately one of our forces had giresta..now i know the joys of it (x_x)

Scion
Mar 3, 2007, 01:01 PM
On 2007-03-03 08:08, pokefiend wrote:
DO NOT UNDERMINE DULK FAKIS!

Werd.

pokefiend
Mar 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-03-03 10:01, Hikaru-san wrote:

Word.

Fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Getintothegame
Mar 3, 2007, 01:28 PM
Nah, Dark Fakis offline was incredibly easy. I just spammed my Bone Dance with the tornado photon art and took him down in less than a minute.

THAT was disappointing. That skill was way too overpowered.

omegapirate2k
Mar 3, 2007, 01:32 PM
On 2007-03-03 05:12, Sychosis wrote:

EDIT: Sweet, Sychosis, how about the pics though?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-03-03 10:35 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Mar 3, 2007, 01:37 PM
You cant claim its easy untill you've soloed it on S.

Xaeris
Mar 3, 2007, 02:13 PM
One does not simply walk into S class Dulk Fakis!

Sychosis
Mar 3, 2007, 02:31 PM
On 2007-03-03 10:32, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-03 05:12, Sychosis wrote:

EDIT: Sweet, Sychosis, how about the pics though?

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/Sychosis777/0302204133.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/Sychosis777/0302211624.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/Sychosis777/0302211548.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s302/Sychosis777/0302214253.jpg

Aaron777
Mar 3, 2007, 03:12 PM
yeah, I love it when people pass judgement on how easy something is before they've tried the true boss.

Esufer
Mar 4, 2007, 10:45 AM
oh my god, I said he was easy on B. I am a sin against God, and I deserve to die.

Just you kids wait till I get to do it on S. I'll show you. ;]

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 10:54 AM
On 2007-03-04 07:45, Reigast wrote:
oh my god, I said he was easy on B. I am a sin against God, and I deserve to die.

Just you kids wait till I get to do it on S. I'll show you. ;]

;;>.> Nah, trust me when I say DF will show you.

Baku
Mar 4, 2007, 11:04 AM
;;>.> Nah, trust me when I say DF will show you.

By dropping mot on your head =P
(I know its really just a normal comet)

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-03-03 10:10, pokefiend wrote:

On 2007-03-03 10:01, Hikaru-san wrote:

Word.

Fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

xD

JAFO22000
Mar 5, 2007, 10:59 AM
Seriously, he's not THAT hard on S either. A bit challenging, but not hard. I tried to get a group together on Saturday, but nobody on my list would join. EVERYONE was saying how hard it was and how much money you'll spend and that you'll lose all your scapes, etc., etc.

After about an hour, I was able to get 5 other people to go in with me, and it really wasn't that bad. I only had one other person I routinely play with in the party, the other four were basically pickups. And it wasn't that bad. Seriously, the way people are talking about DF on S, I was thinking that we would get annihilated. We did C rank it, but only because one guy had no scapes and refused to heal himself (I tried to keep him alive w/resta!) and someone else had some pretty unfortunate deaths..but other than that it REALLY ISN'T THAT BAD! I used 4 scapes, and 3 of them were just due to ignorance. I can definately see using 0-2 scapes the next time I get to fight him.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 11:04 AM
It's the Disgaea attack I tell you. People fear it. Then again, I expected as much way back when I finished the Story Mode. The only thing missing, is that there should be a little Dulk Fakis riding on top of said Meteor shouting, "AH HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!"

-Rune-
Mar 5, 2007, 11:24 AM
On 2007-03-05 08:04, Akaimizu wrote:
It's the Disgaea attack I tell you. People fear it. Then again, I expected as much way back when I finished the Story Mode. The only thing missing, is that there should be a little Dulk Fakis riding on top of said Meteor shouting, "AH HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAA!"

Yeah Laharl's awesome, think I'll do a fanart of him today. I think S ranked DF is plenty hard. Anyone claiming that he's easy or "not that bad" and died during that fight, even if you used one scape doll, he still wasn't "easy" enough for you to say he's not that bad.

Now if you constantly go through and take him down with no one dying constantly, you earn the right to call him easy... just realize he'll be back to whip yer arse once he takes his SSrank pills. Then practice saying "I'M out of scape dolls!" ;_;

JAFO22000
Mar 5, 2007, 11:25 AM
Don't fear it. It is easy to prepare for and to heal afterwards. This should never kill you unless you happen to be paralyzed or have some other status upon you. I'm a force and did not die once from this attack during the one time I fought him.

The attack takes 80% of your life, so when you see the animation begin, heal yourself full. As you see the big meteor come down (as a force) time your casting of resta so that you cast it IMMEDIATELY before impact of the meteor. If done correctly, the heal will occur immediately after your 80% damage is taken, and you'll be fine. In talking with a friend I run missions with often, this trick works with Trimates as well. Even if you don't time this correctly though, there is still plenty of time to heal yourself up after the impact.

This attack is actually the one you should have the least to worry about as you have plenty of time to prepare for it and plenty of time to heal afterwards. He has some other pretty devestating attacks that should be looked for more than this.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 5, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-03-05 08:24, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-03-05 08:04, Akaimizu wrote:

Yeah Laharl's awesome, think I'll do a fanart of him today. I think S ranked DF is plenty hard. Anyone claiming that he's easy or "not that bad" and died during that fight, even if you used one scape doll, he still wasn't "easy" enough for you to say he's not that bad.

Now if you constantly go through and take him down with no one dying constantly, you earn the right to call him easy... just realize he'll be back to whip yer arse once he takes his SSrank pills. Then practice saying "I'M out of scape dolls!" ;_;

Does anyone have Videos of that? Because i want to see it. God do i want to see it.

JAFO22000
Mar 5, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-03-05 08:24, -Rune- wrote:
Anyone claiming that he's easy or "not that bad" and died during that fight, even if you used one scape doll, he still wasn't "easy" enough for you to say he's not that bad.

I believe that was directed towards me, if not I apologize.

But if so, I never once said that he was easy. I did claim that he was challenging, but "not that bad" meaning "not as bad as others are claiming him to be". It is still a challenge, but I fully expected to use every single scape doll, mate, atomizer, etc. in my palette and that just wasn't the case.

I guess I should rephrase to say "He's not as bad as others are making him out to be".

BTW, I'm sure I used a scape or two when fighing De Ragan or Onmagoug for the first time. Then, through experience, you can say "Oh, I know to look for this lightning and how to avoid it" and "Don't stand in front of the De Ragan when he's ready to breathe fire", etc. I may have used scapes the first couple of times, but I learned and now can do them scape free. Same with DF. I believe I'll be able to do it using 0-2 scapes with practice. But to gain that experience, you need to fight him. And use scapes. But, seriously "HE'S NOT THAT BAD!!!". heh!

akratic
Mar 5, 2007, 12:27 PM
I beat Fakis on S.

And I had stuff left over, even.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-03-05 08:25, JAFO22000 wrote:

The attack takes 80% of your life, so when you see the animation begin, heal yourself full. As you see the big meteor come down (as a force) time your casting of resta so that you cast it IMMEDIATELY before impact of the meteor. If done correctly, the heal will occur immediately after your 80% damage is taken, and you'll be fine. In talking with a friend I run missions with often, this trick works with

Actually, the operative word is You're a Force. You're forgetting that your job is specifically versed against that attack. In fact, it's one of the many attacks in the Hive world in which the Force specifically becomes the Tank of the party. Ask any mix-class the amazing defense a Force has, on the level of high ranked Techs, and they'll agree. You're somewhat smaller HP is no where near an equal counter-balance for the high MST you have.

I played a Force offline, compared to a different class offline. It makes a large difference.

In general, what you need to be prepared, is going to be different depending on your levels and what you are. FT is actually one of the stronger classes for this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-05 09:37 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 5, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-03-05 09:34, Akaimizu wrote:

On 2007-03-05 08:25, JAFO22000 wrote:

The attack takes 80% of your life, so when you see the animation begin, heal yourself full. As you see the big meteor come down (as a force) time your casting of resta so that you cast it IMMEDIATELY before impact of the meteor. If done correctly, the heal will occur immediately after your 80% damage is taken, and you'll be fine. In talking with a friend I run missions with often, this trick works with

Actually, the operative word is You're a Force. You're forgetting that your job is specifically versed against that attack. In fact, it's one of the many attacks in the Hive world in which the Force specifically becomes the Tank of the party. Ask any mix-class the amazing defense a Force has, on the level of high ranked Techs, and they'll agree. You're somewhat smaller HP is no where near an equal counter-balance for the high MST you have.

I played a Force offline, compared to a different class offline. It makes a large difference.

In general, what you need to be prepared, is going to be different depending on your levels and what you are. FT is actually one of the stronger classes for this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-05 09:37 ]</font>

The attack takes 80% of your life, period. Whether you have a high MST or not, 80% of your life. Whether you have 2400 HP or 1068, 80% of your life. Not 100%. 80%. Not a set amount based on your MST, but 80%. If you have 80% or less of your HP when that attacks hit, you will die. If you have 81% or more, you will survive. Being a force gave me no advantage nor disadvantage during that attack. Everyone in the party took an 80% hit to their HP. The only reason I would take less damage from this attack is that 80% of my low HP is less than 80% of any other person in the room.

I don't mean to come off rude in this post (which I'm sure I am), but I don't want people to not try this mission because "they aren't a force and they will die because they aren't". Force's have no decided advantage over the other classes in this fight. As stated before, I used 4 scapes during this fight. A friend of mine who is a Fortegunner fighting for the first time in the same party as me only used 3.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 12:58 PM
Hmm. That's something I didn't notice. So it's a fixed percentage for that attack only. So the real worry is about the rest of the level and whatever other Techs he throws out.

Hive taught me one thing. Enemy techs are the evil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-05 09:59 ]</font>

-Rune-
Mar 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
lol yea I was directing towards you, I was just messin with ya :3 I figured that's what ya meant just my way of keeping you on yer toes <3

JAFO22000
Mar 5, 2007, 01:14 PM
10-4, no problem. I know it sounds as if I'm coming off rude in my previous , but I'm not trying to. I just don't want people to be scared away from doing this really fun and exciting mission. I also get a bit peeved when people see a challenge and run away for it. This is one of the reasons you've been leveling your PA's/Bullets/Techs all this time. Time to put them in practice!

There are certain playstyles that will help you through this hive mission.
To breakdown: We had 1 FT (myself), I Fighgunner and 4 Fortegunners. I would think that it may be a bit more efficient to trade in 1 or 2 of the Fortegunners for a Fortefighter/Fighgunner/Wartecher or two, but this worked. One of the Fortegunners had rifle silence PA to level 4, which is probably the reason the mission went so smoothly. I can't recall a time that I attacked a Gaozoran and he wasn't silenced. The other Fortegunners used duals with the light bullets. The Fighgunner used a variety of melee weapons and took a lot of hits for us. I went around Buffing/Debuffing/Resta-ing/Reverser-ing and attacking when I could. This setup went pretty well, but I could see it going even better if some other of the Fortegunners used silence shot on the Gaozorans and if we had a Fortefighter to help with the meleeing.

In summary, Lv. 4 silence is what really got us through that level with no deaths.

Esufer
Mar 5, 2007, 01:57 PM
I will cap Tornado Break before I face him, and have Nyasia or someone on hand to record what happens. >_>

I'm stubborn. Not trying to be mean, but I must beat him now as a matter of principle.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 02:27 PM
On 2007-03-05 10:14, JAFO22000 wrote:
In summary, Lv. 4 silence is what really got us through that level with no deaths.

I'm glad to hear that Level 4 silence is actually worth something. It's been a rather aggrivating experience with any other level of it. I guess I have something to look forward to, with that. Still, most people seem to be saying that Confuse is much better at stopping the enemy techs than Silence, as even Silenced folk seem to have no problem throwing Megids at you. For a while, I was beginning to wonder what the heck Silence even stops? Monsters shook it off in no time and them spammed the techs again. That is, if they weren't doing it while they were silenced.

But I haven't hit SE4 with it, yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-05 11:30 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 5, 2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah, as far as Deljabans and Megid, I am unsure what exactly stops that. I have seen them cast it when they are silenced. I have seen them cast it when they are shocked. It may just be lag; perhaps the silence has indeed worn off but it hasn't registered on my screen yet, so the Deljaban appears to still be inflicted with the effect.

It most definately stops the Gaozoran from using Foie or Gibarta. As an added bonus, when they teleport, you can still see the "atom-like" visual of the SE floating around, so you can "see" where they are going.