PDA

View Full Version : Mindf**k

DizzyDi
Mar 3, 2007, 11:18 AM
I'm going to screw with your mind right now.

The universe was created 5 seconds ago. Everything. Your memories, scars, the position you were in 5 seconds ago,everything was just created 5 seconds ago.
Your memories were simply just implanted into you as you came into being as part of some sort of cosmic joke or who knows what.

As absurd as it sounds, there is no possible way to disprove this, so therefore it must be true.

You read it, YOU CAN'T UNREAD IT!
More mindfuck to come later.

Hrigg
Mar 3, 2007, 11:31 AM
lawl

geewj
Mar 3, 2007, 11:37 AM
This is so 5 seconds ago.

geewj
Mar 3, 2007, 11:41 AM
Also, there was no 5 seconds ago, and there is no now. There is only memory and perception. Memory fails, and perception is prone to error, therefore we know nothing about anything. Not only does this mean we can't prove anything, but we can't disprove anything either. So any scenario is just as unlikely as any other, and misunderstood.

DizzyDi
Mar 3, 2007, 11:51 AM
So since we can't disprove anything, any scenario is just as LIKELY as any other.
And we do know we thing, that we exist, and that can't be disproved. So therefore, I say that you theory is WRONG.

Mixfortune
Mar 3, 2007, 11:56 AM
It's much shorter than 5 seconds.

geewj
Mar 3, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-03-03 08:51, DizzyDi wrote:
So since we can't disprove anything, any scenario is just as LIKELY as any other.
And we do know we thing, that we exist, and that can't be disproved. So therefore, I say that you theory is WRONG.

I'd expect as much from a one sided argument.

DizzyDi
Mar 3, 2007, 12:22 PM
Or would you?

Dhylec
Mar 3, 2007, 12:43 PM
;only take itachi 1 sec, doodz

Ma_Navu
Mar 3, 2007, 01:00 PM
Did somebody say "Mindfuck?!"

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/mindfuck.jpg

DizzyDi
Mar 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
DUDE YOU'RE SICK!

Moo2u
Mar 3, 2007, 01:05 PM
KA-BOOM!

Ma_Navu
Mar 3, 2007, 01:05 PM
Lo' and behold, my job is done!

DizzyDi
Mar 3, 2007, 01:06 PM
That is the epitome of disgusting!

Ma_Navu
Mar 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
How so? What makes it disgusting?

Dhylec
Mar 3, 2007, 02:07 PM
it feelz dirty now ;o

astuarlen
Mar 3, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-03-03 09:18, geewj wrote:
I'd expect as much from a one sided argument.

A circle only has one side.

Or no sides, I guess, if you want to look at it that way. Or an infinite number of sides. Woah.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 3, 2007, 02:16 PM
Congratulations, DizzyDi. You've managed to work out something that I was pondering when I was 6.

Now consider this-- who doesn't exist because you do? Why were you born who you are and where you are, instead of someone else or somewhere else? Why did you just happen to be born into the family that you are now a part of, instead of another? Why weren't you born in China or Africa instead? These are not questions concerning your lineage or genetics. These are questions concerning your conciousness. Why are you, you? Who could have been you, instead? What right did you have to take life where another did not?

And when you're done with that...

Recognize this: Everything that we currently know to exist, exists as a result of something else. A nail in the wall is the result of someone putting it there, a tree in forest is there because a seed fell there, quite some time ago. For all things that are, there was at some point a beginning. It's all perfectly reasonable and logical; but there is one thing that does not quite fit. Where did any of this come from? What spontaneous event could possibly have brought all of this about without anything there to begin with? Where did it all come from? Whereever it came from, where did that place come from?

Ultimately, the only conclusion you can come to, is that there is no logical reason for any of this to exist, and logically, none of it should. Yet it does.

This is Existentialism. The pondering of one's own existence, or lack thereof.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 3, 2007, 02:53 PM
When I look at the Sun its considered looking at the Sun as it was 8 minutes ago, and furthermore my eyes get broke'd from looking at the Sun.

DizzyDi
Mar 3, 2007, 03:19 PM
On 2007-03-03 11:16, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Congratulations, DizzyDi. You've managed to work out something that I was pondering when I was 6.

Now consider this-- who doesn't exist because you do? Why were you born who you are and where you are, instead of someone else or somewhere else? Why did you just happen to be born into the family that you are now a part of, instead of another? Why weren't you born in China or Africa instead? These are not questions concerning your lineage or genetics. These are questions concerning your conciousness. Why are you, you? Who could have been you, instead? What right did you have to take life where another did not?

And when you're done with that...

Recognize this: Everything that we currently know to exist, exists as a result of something else. A nail in the wall is the result of someone putting it there, a tree in forest is there because a seed fell there, quite some time ago. For all things that are, there was at some point a beginning. It's all perfectly reasonable and logical; but there is one thing that does not quite fit. Where did any of this come from? What spontaneous event could possibly have brought all of this about without anything there to begin with? Where did it all come from? Whereever it came from, where did that place come from?

Ultimately, the only conclusion you can come to, is that there is no logical reason for any of this to exist, and logically, none of it should. Yet it does.

This is Existentialism. The pondering of one's own existence, or lack thereof.

cave meats is the answer.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 3, 2007, 03:42 PM
"Don't talk about it, be about it."

The Eddie Murphy Shrek Donkey was talking about "get up off ya butt and get out and be a player. Get outside kids!" and other stuff during the commercial breaks this morning during the Avatar the Airbender timeslot.

"Seacrest out."

Uncle_bob
Mar 4, 2007, 06:17 AM
None of you exist, so your statements are all wrong. I win.

astuarlen
Mar 4, 2007, 10:44 AM
NPCs say the darnedest things.

Rasputin
Mar 4, 2007, 01:38 PM
Existentialism -- "Why is 9 exactly ONE less than 10?"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 4, 2007, 03:43 PM
On 2007-03-04 03:17, Uncle_bob wrote:
None of you exist, so your statements are all wrong. I win.

Then you're talking to yourself and people who don't exist at the same time.

Asylum please admit 1 more, thanks.

DizzyDi
Mar 4, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-03-04 10:38, Rasputin wrote:
Existentialism -- "Why is 9 exactly ONE less than 10?"

I think that 9 is 0.9 less that one, but its just rounded.
But then why is 0.9 exactly less that 1.0? Indeed.

More mind fhx. Best read at night, in the dark, and alone.

Focus on these words, and whatever you do don't let your eyes wander past the perimeter of the screen. Now imagine just beyond your peripheral vision, maybe behind you, maybe to the side of you, maybe even in front of you, but right where you can't see it, something is quietly closing in on you, so quiet in fact you can only hear it as silence. Find those pockets without sound. That's where it is. Right at this moment. But don't look. Keep your eyes here. Now take a deep breath. Go ahead take an even deeper one. Only this time as you start to exhale try to imagine how fast it will happen, how hard it's gonna hit you, how many times it will stab your jugular with its teeth or are they nails?, don't worry, that particular detail doesn't matter, because before you have time to even process that you should be moving, you should be running, you should at the very least be flinging up your arms- you sure as hell shouldn't be reading this- you won't have time even to scream.

DizzyDi
Mar 4, 2007, 11:10 PM
Did I scare everyone?

Ma_Navu
Mar 4, 2007, 11:17 PM
No, you didn't.

You cannot mindfuck me! Muahahaha~

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 4, 2007, 11:18 PM
I seriously stepped out to get some doritos as soon as I finished the soo, not tense read. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

And for posting a repost chain letter scary story I will make fun of you in school tomorrow!

YaaDDDA MEAannNN?!

Hey head cheerleader, ya heard about the Dizness? He posts chain letters about stoopid stories. Pass it around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif

Mixfortune
Mar 4, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-03-03 11:09, astuarlen wrote:

Or no sides, I guess, if you want to look at it that way. Or an infinite number of sides. Woah.

Which side of the chicken has the most feathers?

DizzyDi
Mar 4, 2007, 11:25 PM
the nugget.

astuarlen
Mar 4, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-03-04 20:24, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2007-03-03 11:09, astuarlen wrote:

Which side of the chicken has the most feathers?

The outside, I think.

ravenpaw
Mar 5, 2007, 12:22 AM
i think im going to puke

DizzyDi
Mar 5, 2007, 12:24 AM
Why did god create a dual universe?
So he might say,
"Be not like me. I am alone."
And it might be heard.