PDA

View Full Version : Status effects

NeoTeppin
Mar 3, 2007, 12:50 PM
What exactly does the lvl next to the status effect mean? At first, i thought it was just how often it effects them and how much dmg it does. However, yesterday one of my friends said that the lvl stood for how large a creature i could effect with it. Do any of you know what it stands for?

Eliash
Mar 3, 2007, 12:52 PM
Certain creatures can only be affected with a certain status effect level, so yes. I believe it does, however, also determine how much damage as well as how often it applies status affects to other monsters as well.

In short, both of you are correct.

NeoTeppin
Mar 3, 2007, 12:53 PM
im lvling up my megid right now, and it starts at lvl 1. So does that mean i can only instantly kill the small creatures, or can i still kill medium sized ones too?

Eliash
Mar 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
It depends on the mob, certain mobs are natually resistant to certain effects while others aren't. Besides, Megid isn't very well documented yet as to what it can kill and what it has no chance of killing (to my knowledge).

Megid chance to kill is very low, so it may 1-shot kill larger creatures but you won't notice it.

-Rune-
Mar 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
I think at the moment it'd be better to just count on the drk dmg more than the instant death effect for now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif