PDA

View Full Version : Story Mission PA Fragment Rewards

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 12:54 PM
I tried to run a search on this, but was tired of going through all those threads and not finding a single one about this.

How do you S rank these damn missions. I'm still getting As on all of'em. I S Classed both the C level and B level missions, so I take it the only way we can get PA Fragments is by S Ranking the A missions right? If that's the case, does anyone show a listing of times we need to do to clear them, and which mobs can be killed or passed over?

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 3, 2007, 12:56 PM
Edit: doh, oh story mission. There's some areas that have speed in killing everything or speed on ending the game. It just depends o.o Maybe someone should make a guide through story mode to get all PA fragments http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I think the areas before you receive an award for each act is where you get your PA fragments. So try experimenting with those places.

I remember the timed mission just before the Adahnna Mech boss in the story mission where you had to escape the cave, was one rewarding 10 PA fragments. You can try that one since it's basically a run towards the end. Just skip as many mobs as you can and beat up the folks at the last area.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-03 10:04 ]</font>

Eliash
Mar 3, 2007, 12:56 PM
Depends on which mission, some requires that you kill all the monsters and within a certain time, others require that you make it to the exit within a certain time. Give as much information as you can, class, level, job level, etc.

EDIT: Actually you cannot die at all during story missions, scapes don't work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-03-03 10:00 ]</font>

jayster
Mar 3, 2007, 12:58 PM
The first mission I got about 6min 30s on act 1 and act 2 I got 2min 45s (this 2nd act I did twice, the first time I got 2min 54s so Im guessing it has to be under 2 50). The second mission I got 16min 20 second on first act and couldnt finish the second act fast enough. Havent tried any of the others though.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 01:02 PM
I want to S rank these damn things to get PA fragments for my ultimate PAs. It's a faster way to get a lot of'em, that is if I can find a guide or find a way to blast through these things with S RAnk. I keep on getting A's on all of'em, so need to know what goals to shoot for. On the very first mission, I think you need to actually kill all the enemies, BEFORE you end up finding the last flower, or else you won't get the S.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
And to be honest, i'm surprised no one has made a guide for these yet.

Shassa
Mar 3, 2007, 01:08 PM
Some missions are way harder to S-rank for the PA fragments than the others. The second half of both Moatoob missions and both parts of the HIVE are killers. I'm hoping to have better luck with them once they raise the level cap.

Story mission 2-2 in particular, although being incredibly short, looks to me as being nigh impossible. I went through and decimated everything with Dambarta, killing everything in a few seconds, and still got a C. I am more than willing to listen to anyone who has S-ranked this on the hardest difficulty.

And it's even harder with a PS2, because the first enemies take a while to spawn while your first precious seconds are ticking away.

Eliash
Mar 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
Use buff items, they help alot.

EDIT: For 2-2 just kill the first 3 mobs, run through the cave kill the last 5-6 mobs.

I did it in about 2:45 I think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eliash on 2007-03-03 10:11 ]</font>

jayster
Mar 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-03-03 10:08, Shassa wrote:
Some missions are way harder to S-rank for the PA fragments than the others. The second half of both Moatoob missions and both parts of the HIVE are killers. I'm hoping to have better luck with them once they raise the level cap.

Story mission 2-2 in particular, although being incredibly short, looks to me as being nigh impossible. I went through and decimated everything with Dambarta, killing everything in a few seconds, and still got a C. I am more than willing to listen to anyone who has S-ranked this on the hardest difficulty.

And it's even harder with a PS2, because the first enemies take a while to spawn while your first precious seconds are ticking away.

I can only get 2-2 with 4mins 30s left and end with a C http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 3, 2007, 01:11 PM
Maybe we could start a guide o.o in the walk-through section. I would definitely contribute after I level my techs >..> and cap to 80 <..<

Eliash
Mar 3, 2007, 01:12 PM
I was thinking about writing one...maybe I'll contribute.

Pikadrew
Mar 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
First mission to get S rank has to be under 7min. First time I tried it, I got 7:08 and stared slackjawed at my screen..Common mistake was already mentioned by RonzeruALPHA. The easy way around this to make sure you kill all is to actually 'skip' the 1st flower you see as you will loop around to it. Once you have gotten back to the flower, ensuring you kill everything else, zap it with goggles and Srank.

Also some other 'notes' After the first part, you can abandon mission. No need to go through all the story and fight vol bros. for your fragments.

Secondly (and yes, I see your sig)..This only works if your char lvl is 60 or over. If it's not, you do not get the fragment reward.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 01:13 PM
lol, yea, I'm surprised this subject hasn't been touched on, as long as these has been out. Especially with ultimate PAs being out, and PA fragments being something people want now, I think a guide to how to get 10 PA Fragments for S ranking one mission would be pretty useful, wouldn't the rest of you agree?

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 01:15 PM
[b]

Secondly (and yes, I see your sig)..This only works if your char lvl is 60 or over. If it's not, you do not get the fragment reward.

Not just that. This only works if you do the Level 60+ Mission, which is the A Rank missions you need to select from what I can tell now.

Sychosis
Mar 3, 2007, 01:21 PM
You needed a guide? (http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Story_Missions_%28Network%29)

A2K
Mar 3, 2007, 01:27 PM
On 2007-03-03 10:13, Pikadrew wrote:
Also some other 'notes' After the first part, you can abandon mission. No need to go through all the story and fight vol bros. for your fragments.

Not if you want the ten fragments from the second act's trial.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-03-03 10:21, Sychosis wrote:
You needed a guide? (http://psupedia.info/index.php?title=Story_Missions_%28Network%29)

Hai~~~

RadiantLegend
Mar 3, 2007, 01:49 PM
The only help i need is with chpt 5 -2.

I can't beat it with Srank just yet. Maybe lv 80 will help.

RonzeruALPHA
Mar 3, 2007, 02:21 PM
Damn wtf when I looked at PSUpedia I wasn't able to find that guide, and Sychosis comes outta nowhere with it like BAM, Throw some D's on that bitch.