PDA

View Full Version : So how is PSU now?

mariwan
Mar 3, 2007, 05:17 PM
Im talking about the hackings,community,the latest update, and other things that are affecting it. I havent played PSU in nearly a month now since i quit cause i got bored,irritated with people(people who act high and mighty and flame you cause they feel like it or kick you off a party when they didnt lock the game themselves),and lost interest grinding everyday. So i ask again how is PSU now?

natewifi
Mar 3, 2007, 05:32 PM
Whoever voted the game is ruined by assholes or w/e, just wants to put the game down. Wtf do you honestly expect in any online game. You cant prevent assholes with a patch get over it and put whoever is being an asshole to you on your b-list. In other news the game is doing much better now.

mariwan
Mar 3, 2007, 10:00 PM
*bump* i need to make this thread live if i intend on coming back to PSU soon. (i cant believe someone actually chose assholes ruining the game but i understand how he/she feels)

Callous
Mar 3, 2007, 11:25 PM
You didn't include an option for "Not much hacking but community deteriorating regardless".

Syl
Mar 3, 2007, 11:34 PM
Hey mariwan are you Jakster?!?!?!

egn56
Mar 4, 2007, 01:16 AM
hackers are gone..community still blah

Getintothegame
Mar 4, 2007, 12:19 PM
Moved to 360, best decision I've ever made. No hacks, and usually really nice people. Make sure to have a Headset always ready though!

jayster
Mar 4, 2007, 01:50 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:19, Getintothegame wrote:
Moved to 360, best decision I've ever made. No hacks, and usually really nice people. Make sure to have a Headset always ready though!

Welcome! If u ever see a "jayster" then send me an invite!

VanHalen
Mar 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
The community isn't bad I meet some really nice people everyday I play. The hackers are also gone too.

Sychosis
Mar 4, 2007, 01:54 PM

Friend Request sent http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 01:56 PM

see ppl? even the mods care comin over! (proof they just dont lock instant flame topics, they read em!)

mariwan
Mar 4, 2007, 03:19 PM
Im on PC PSU though and yeah my game name is Jakster level 67 and i left him to rot in the cold world known as Gurhal without my guidance. (hmmm thats a lot of NO HACKINGS AND EXPANDING COMMUNITY i think ill come back after i see more results within next month)

VanHalen
Mar 4, 2007, 03:26 PM
Hope to see you soon

Welcome back to PSU!

TwilightSea
Mar 4, 2007, 05:49 PM
With the latest updates I too was thinking of coming back to PSU (360) ver., but I would have to download the license again. For the 360 users who canceled and game back, were your characters still on the server or did you have to start from scratch again?

mariwan
Mar 5, 2007, 03:09 PM
*bump* i think i should keep bumping this so i can get the more results

Syl
Mar 5, 2007, 06:38 PM
Well hiya Jakster lol (this is Necro btw)

As far I know, hacking has either gone to a minimum or has just ceased. I don't see as much ppl carrying around dupes as I used to, but they're kinda still around. As for the community, We have like 4 1/2 stars at peak everyday now (sometimes even 5 stars). There are a couple of new missions, especially the Neudaiz co-op mission. Great for MP and way more efficient than bruce since you can get an S rank w/o worrying about your party much.

The update also included the ultimate PAs, so they're always fun to lvl. Seems also the community is growing closer to each other for some unknown reason. Lots of familiar faces everyday to who you can just talk to or just say hi.

mariwan
Mar 6, 2007, 03:17 PM
*bump* btw off topic but ive been reading how people have been despising Laia and its getting on my nerves a bit. First of all in PSU episode 2 which is online she is the main character(obviously)while we the players are pretty much the back up characters who help her out to uncover the secrets in the story (i wont spoil it). The fact that shes been seen in the expansion of PSU means to say that she might be the main character and Ethan is the "EVIL BIG BAD BOSS" (i got this info from the thread so i dont know if its true).

Ethan - A young boy who hated the Guardians because of the loss of his father who was in the Guardians. After a few events that happened he decided to join them and many different kinds of events which lead to the threat known as "SEED". He finally stops this threat along with a few others allowing Gurhal to experience peace.

Then Ethan goes Rogue on us and a new character shows up making her the lead character of the story all of a sudden (Laia). What im trying to say is people hate Ethan cause....hmmm heres how people responded "Ethan Fails, hes a wimp, he sucks, hes the biggest laughing stock in gaming history". All these things may be true but exactly why does he suck at life itself or why is he the lowest kind of being out there? (basically what people are thinking).

Well enough ranting ill get to the point. Question is Ethan like Cloud? NO. Is Ethan like Kite? NO. Is Ethan like Ash Ketchum?(pokemon yeah everyone hates pokemon) NO. Why am i asking these questions? Cause the answer is always "HE IS NOT LIKE <name of famous character>" and its true. He isnt special like Cloud, he doesnt have a special item for just only him like Kite. He doesnt want to be the very best Guardian out there like Ash Ketchum. So what makes Ethan Ethan? Its simple hes a Character who lives up to his name like the rest of those other characters out there. He isnt special or has a special item and he doesnt want to be the best. Just cause he doesnt have any good moves to show its how the developers made him. Besides after watching a hell lot of anime,played a whole lot of games over the past few years, its practically repeating this and that. Every single character any developer has ever made always stands out. Now look at Ethan, is there anything special about him? No thats why hes unique cause he doesnt have a secret power inside of him that would transform him into a force powerful enough to destroy any kind of evil, or he doesnt have an extremely terrible past that he was forced to kill and realize later on that he has something dear he wants to protect. I mean cmon think about the other Phantasy Star games. Some or most of the characters in every PS game were special (i havent played all of them though >.>;) and just cause this one character doesnt have that "OMG CLOUD RULES!" kind of feeling doesnt mean he fails. Look at Squall, why do some people hate him why do others like him? Its cause he doesnt have the CLOUD EFFECT where everyone understands what the character has been through and what he is making him something that stands out. So what happens to the regular "i have nothing special" characters? They are either loved because they have charm or hated cause hes nothing special.

Now that i think about it it might be his Voice acting that people hate...dammit i almost forgot to talk about Laia.

Laia is a punk ass beast girl who doesnt give a damn and people hate the fact that we have to watch her hot ass in front of us instead of us having her watch our backs. Its her story get used to it, people are saying how she obnoxious , ok so she is what you gonna do about it? Just cause your not in the spotlight doesnt mean that you have to put her down like that. Besides the story is pretty much a "CALM BEFORE THE STORM" kind of story. We slowly find out a few things about the "SEED" and "Illuminus". Its up to you (the player) and your trainer Laia to figure out whats going on. Seeing the expansion in the front page says "Oh so Laia is probably going to be the Protagonist". So hating her now means hating her later perhaps? i dont know about that but its her story so butt out, just cause her attitude stinks and just cause shes the star of the show doesnt mean you can complain about replacing her, cause you cant replace her. Besides we make up our own story and we do it in a place called the Gurhal system. If you wanna go play an online game with your own story go back and play FFXI (though im playing this game at the moment).

oh and please do not flame this thread i need the results of the Poll, i dont want this locked i need this to survive.

P.S. I was bored so dont take it seriously

ShadowDragon28
Mar 6, 2007, 06:29 PM
i like the updates.. I never have enough time to play online to enjoy them all yet, lol.

I actually like Ethan and Laia (Raia) is bad ass IMO.
My first ex-gf IRL is 100x worse than Laia, so to me Laia is tolerable and it will be interesting to see how that character develops.

mariwan
Mar 18, 2007, 02:45 AM
*bump* checking to see if there are any sightings of hackings or has it finally stopped? Also if the community increased. Ive been playing FFXI for nearly about 2 months and i started getting bored (33 NIN/32WAR) and was planning to play it till i hit 75 with every story mission done but it ended up being a chore rather than something to look forward too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif