PDA

View Full Version : The Compendium of PS Theories (chpt 1-8)



DurakkenX
Mar 3, 2007, 09:35 PM
It is my hope with this to have all the theories of the games listed here, focusing mainly on PSO and PSU, with all their facts and whether they are true, false, or unknown...Please correct me if I get anything wrong or add in whatever I forget.

Before we start these are the 7 chapters that will be included within this compendium and to jump to each one you can use the find function of your browser to put in CHPT# and replace # with the chapter number to jump down the page. This is list is also not complete as of right now cuz that's a lot of writing, but this will eventually get done...even though people prolly won't look at it.

<--CHPT1: All games in the PS series are connected -->
<--CHPT2: Rare Items of PSO -->
<--CHPT3: Item Drop theories of PSO -->
<--CHPT4: Misc. myths/theoris of PSO -->
<--CHPT5: Rare Items of PSU -->
<--CHPT6: Item Drop theories of PSU -->
<--CHPT7: Misc. myths/theories of PSU -->

CHPT1: All games in the PS series are connected.

Ragol is Earth.
Facts
Ragol has 2 moons.
Ragol does not look like Earth though many claim it does.
Ragol as Earth has been denied by Sonic Team.

Verdict: Ragol is NOT Earth.

The Spaceship ruins on Ragol is the Alissa 3.
Facts
The Alissa 3 is a ship that either crashed into a terrestrial planet or Luna, the moon of Earth.
The terrestrial planet that the Alissa 3 landed on vaguely resembles Ragol.
Dark Falz was sealed via three totems carrying the words "muut ditz pumm" on board the ruins that resembles an esper seal of the original series.
A character that some say resembles Lutz can be seen in the ending credits of PSO.

Verdict: The ruins of Ragol is MAY BE the Alissa 3.

Lutz can be seen in the ending credits of PSO
Facts
A character some say resembles Lutz can be seen in the credits.
Under closer inspection Lutz and this character do not look alike.
Sonic Team denies this.

Verdict: Lutz does NOT appear in the ending credits.

Gurhal is really Algol and Ragol is Ryukros.
Facts
Gurhal and Algol both have 3 main habited planets.
Gurhal and Ragol both have evidence of ancient civilizations on them.
Palma was destroyed in the official time-line of the original series. Parum in this theory would be Palma which obviously still exists. However if you take temporal mechanics into account or place Gurhal civilization before the Algol civilization Palma can still exist and thus this means nothing.
Ragol is the place of Dark Falz's sealing.
Ryukros is the warning of Dark Force's seal weaking.
Gurhal's and Algol's entire system act as the seal on the SEED/Dark Force.
As far as known Ragol isn't near Gurhal.
Sonic Team has stated that PSO is in the same universe.

Verdict: Gurhal is COULD BE Algol and Ragol is NOT Ryukros.

Overall
Thoughts: While there are many common elements in all three games so far Sonic Team has maintained that they are not connected. This is the main deciding factor of why they are not connected. There is evidence that PSO was meant to be a continuation or a new piece to the original series through out the game and that many of these elements were slightly altered to make it untrue. PSU, however, was originally supposed to be a continuation of PSO and was marketed as the next step, but later most mentions of PSO in trailers were removed. With the new expansion of PSU it seems that PSO's Ragol will be added to the mix and create a connection between the two games. If this happens it could be said that PSO/PSU is a re-envisioning of the original series, but not a continuation.

Verdict: PSO and PSU MAY BE connected to PS, but are PROBABLY connected to each other.

CHPT2: Rare Items of PSO
To get Parasitic Gene Flow/Red Ring you must defeat Olga Flow/Dark Dalz with Red series weapon/Dark Flow series weapon and then wait for it to drop/stay in the room and do something and then Flowen/Rico will appear and give you the item
Facts
Both of these items are dropped from their respective owners
Both have drop rates set to 0
Both require the other to get if I recall

Verdict: FALSE. These never made it into the game legitimately

Egg Blaster, Sonic Knuckles, Lavis Cannon, Orotiagito drops off an enemy.
Facts
Egg Blaster, Sonic Knuckles, and Lavis Cannon were originally prizes for events in Japan and were never offered to NA/EU players till ep1&2 when they did became creatable or drops. Sonic Kn
Orotiagito does not drop off an enemy, but the unidentified version does.

Verdict: Semi-False. Originally they weren't but in the latest version they are.

The Book of Katana 1-4 which are not listed on PSO world for some reason are useless.
Facts
These books were originally used in v1 & v2 along with the unidentified real version or fake version of agito to create Orotiagito and Oraotiagito (also not listed for some reason) respectively. The second was changed into a dropped weapon of a different name.
In later versions of PSO the books weren't used but still dropped.

Verdict: Semi-False. Originally they were used for something, but later they just became a redundancy.

The Books of Katana before if gathered and given to the NPC that identifies the real version of Agito without an Agito will create the Orotiagito/Oraotiagito from them.
Facts
The books if given to the NPC in the original version with a version of the Agito would create one of the two swords. This was believed because of the redundancy that they were and not taken out.

Verdict: False

All theories concerning Tsumikiri J-Sword
All of them are false. No legit J-sword is known to have existed or proven to have existed. The most popular theory include killing 10000 mobs and then "using" with Sealed J-Sword. There is a known counter on it, but there have been no tests on whether this does anything or not and it cannot be proved with a hacked Sealed J-Sword because the counter bit for some reason erases itself. Also not many have found the Sealed version legitimately and even less have tried to actually attempt the killing of that many mobs in one sitting. If they have they also have not had reliable witnesses. If wish to know more about this weapon there are much longer and more in depth articles on it than I am willing to write >.>

The Photon Whip
Facts
All through out PSO's history it was rumored that there was a weapon called the photon whip.
In PSII there is a whip.
In PSU there will soon be a photon whip.
Hacking of every item in PSO and testing of these Hacks have proven that this item does not exist in PSO.

Verdict: FALSE

CHPT3: Item Drop theories of PSO
Facts
.Beat time drop frequency: At certain beat time counts a weapon is more likely to drop
Beat time effects some weapons' specials.
This theory has been tested.
This theory has not been proven, but there are proponents of it.

Verdict: Unknown - Because different weapons may rely on this while others may not and because enough tests as performed will result in anything like this being true it cannot be said whether it is true or not, but more than likely it is False.

CHPT4: Misc. myths/theoris of PSO
The medical lab doors and sparkle circle
Facts
During the early days of PSO it was rumored that the doors of the medical bay if you did something would open up to reveal something.
The Sparkle circle on the left side of the medical lab appeared during some quests in a few versions of PSO, but did nothing, but was rumored to lead to somewhere.
The Sparkle circle during a few quests later led to an area of ruins where there was nothing, but you could cause a certain weapon to transform and during another limited time only quest led to a place to exchange your rewards for another reward.

Verdict: Originally FALSE, but later implemented quests made some of the rumors TRUE.

CHPT5: Rare Items of PSU
Using higher level non-elemental photons in a synth will raise the star level of the item
Facts
Using them lowers synth success rate to near 0%
No one has succeeded at a synth that results in higher star level items and reported it.
Successful synths that have been reported have all proven this false.

Verdict: There are no known synths that this is true for, but it may be true with some synths.

CHPT6: Item Drop theories of PSU
Killing a MOB in a certain amount of time after their spawn effects their drop
Facts
There are no tests that prove this.
Since higher levels can kill faster and more drops will come up a certain way.

Verdict: FALSE. This is most likely an illusion.

Placing decorations in the various slots of a players room increases drop rates and/or effects what items may drop.
Facts
The slots in "my room" are various colors that match colors of dropped items.
Some people have noticed that upon switching items they get more or less drops, but later seem to have no effect.
Mods on official boards have denied this.

Verdict: While not unquestionably proven false it is very close and should be considered FALSE as any truth to it is very limited.

There are hidden section IDs that effects what you get.
Facts
People have seen that some of their characters good really good drops on certain maps while others do not.
There is no known proof against this sited yet.

Verdict: UNKNOWN

CHPT7: Misc. myths/theories of PSU
There are no general theories and or myths so far for PSU.

CHPT8: Why hackers became prevalent in PSO
In the beginning of PSO all was hack free and the servers were linked, but later PSO became known as the most openly hacked online game.

BEFORE hacking became common place most of the codes that became common were well known and already listed on a site, but there were not many hackers around and those that were were dealt with fairly quickly at first. One must ask then what happened that changed the tide? To understand why this happened you must understand what happened around that time.

There were two tournaments that took place. One was Japanese and exclusified to them. The reward for this tournament was the Lavis Cannon, the best weapon in the game. The other tournament was mainly for NA/EU, but the JP could compete. The reward for this tournament was to NAME the Durandel. The winner did not get the weapon which was bad enough and the weapon was a very low end rare about as good as a DB'S SABER which were already considered common-place then.

The results from this was #1 people became mad that they could not get the best weapon in the game and turned to the only way they could, hacking. #2 The winner of this tournament had also traded this weapon seeing that he could get more weapons for it or he duplicated it for his friends so they could have it. These friends duplicated for their friends and thus spread that plague. #3 The GMs themselves were outraged by this event and ended up passing out a few Lavis Cannons themselves. These same GMs were in charge of the system and when this happened they became more tolerant of hacks.

Once this happened and people saw that people weren't getting banned for their indiscretions more and more people began to hack. Some for fun. Some out of the hatred of the unfairness. Regardless of that people began to divide between 2 groups; Legits and Hackers. However, less known is that Hackers began to factionalize into their views of the situation.

The first group became malevolent hackers that are the most known and most pointed out. The second group became hackers that were against the malevolent usage of hacks. The third group was those who hacked only because it added to their game play experience, or because they liked to experiment with the coding to see what they could create.

by this time hacking had grown too rampant to stop and many hackers and legits had grown accustomed to the playing field so that when PSO left the DC many of these same people jumped to the new versions and found new ways to implement their old tactics.

This is why Hacking became prevalent in PSO. Personally, I have no idea why it wasn't fixed in the GameCube version, but in the Xbox version where it was less intense the reasoning behind that was because SoA and MS couldn't figure out how to work together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-03-04 11:53 ]</font>

Genji
Mar 3, 2007, 10:57 PM
I don't know if these tidbits will be of any use:

- Versus 1 Tricktrack is actually an arrangement of the Bioplant BGM from Phantasy Star IV

- Holtes City in PSU is clearly a reference to Professor Holt from Phantasy Star IV

DurakkenX
Mar 3, 2007, 11:05 PM
cool ^.^ unfortunately those are references, not theories or myths so i don't think they can be used...maybe in the future they will be though

Sinue_v2
Mar 3, 2007, 11:37 PM
You're wrong on nearly all points concerning the Alisa III not being the spaceship ruins.

1. The Alisa III (depending on the ending) landed on two well known areas. One, being current-day Earth, the other being a terran planet with two moons. Similar to Ragol.

2. The Alisa III never tried to crash into a planet to destory Dark Force. In one ending, the Dark Force tried to send the Alisa III careening into a sun - but he was thwarted. This is actually how the inhabitants of the Alisa III came to be on said planet. Another ending had them headding towards a black hole - which resulted in them traveling back in time to Earth. While some endings contradict what some of us have come to know as "unofficail canon" - the true ending to the series still remains a mystery. It could very well either be Ragol or Earth that the Alisa III is supposed to land on.

3. The seal on he spaceship ruins closely resembles an Esper Symbol - much like the one that Rune Walsh wears in PSIV (Mike Ripplinger points this out). However, the presence of the Nei Weapons and Armor on the Alisa III is at least suggestive that some Espers were aboard the Alisa III at some point. The old men of Sage Isle are likely canidates of being decedants of Espers considering their knowladge of Nei weapons and dark force.

4. The character in the PSO v.2 ending of PSO does not resemble Lutz. In fact, you never really see that character in clear detail. However, he was a character model you could use if you cheated on the game. Knowing several modders and cheaters on v.1/v.2 - I've seen the "Ninja/FOmar" and he looks NOTHING like Lutz.

5. Sonic Team has also eluded to connections before - and continually kept putting new connections into the series with each new itteration. We never had a clear "Yes or No" answer to that question - since we've heard both sides of the spectrum from ST - but since there was no quest or storyline event with a clear and undenyable connection to PS - most fans have conceded to the view that they are not connected. That is the way I will believe - at least offically - until ST says otherwise.

However the evidence is there - and the Space Ship Ruins in PSO more than adequately fit the bill fo the shelled out hulk of the Alisa III. Right down to the two-mooned planet it resides on.

------

Gurhal is Algol, Ragol is Ryukros

1. True. Both Gurhal and Algol share similar solar systems.

2. True, both civilizations have evidence of ancient advanced civilizations predating them. Though in PS it was a civilization millions of years old. In PSU, it's merely 18,000 years old.

3. Palma was destoryed in ALL continuities of PS. This is undenyable. If there was a connection - Parum could be an ancient Palma set millions of years before the original PS took place. Orbits and Climate doesn't matter - as even within the 3,000 years of Algolian history - the face of the solar system has changed VERY dramatically. One cannot say what changes might have taken place over millsions of years.

4. Ragol was indeed the place of Dark Falz's sealing. Though it's not like he hasn't been sealed before. Remember, that it wasn't until you drew Orakio's Sword that Dark Force was set free from his Pandora's box in the sunken palace. So it's not like the people of the Alisa III didn't have the knowladge or the drive to seal him.

5. Ryukros was absolutely NOT the place of Dark Force's sealing. The Algol main Solar System was the place of the Darkness's sealing - and Ryukros was created only as a warning star which approached the solar system once every 1,000 years when the seal weakened to remind the guardians of each planet what their true purpose was. Ryukros holds the final and most powerful armorment against the evil and corruption of the Rift where the Profound Darkness calls it's home. Each ring (which protects the heros of PSIV) was held by a remnant of the Great Light left behind on Ryukros until the time when those worthy and capable of destorying the darkness once and for all appeared.

6. We don't know. Nothing has been said pro or contratry to that statement.

7. This has already been covered - and Sonic Team has previously denied any link between PSO and PSU as well.

-------

Ragol Is Not Earth

1. True - though at the time when the "Ragol Is Earth" theory was first proposed - Ep I & II hadn't been released. That is the version which first proved that Ragol had two moons.

2. Actually, the Ragol you know is much different than the ragol which was originally presented to players. In the earliest advertisements up until it's launch - Ragol was a direct carbon copy of earth. Even after v.2's release - looking out the window where the Hunter's Guild Counter was - you could clearly see the Arabian Peninsula, Africa, and even North America & the florida peninsula quite clearly and well distinquished. The very shape of Ragol's land masses lead many to believe that Ragol actually was a far distant Earth - and that the ruins were the remains of he Alisa III which traveled back in time to the earth, and gave the Earth people both the technology to destroy themselves, and the power to seek out Algol and try to destory that as well.

3. That particular theory has never been confirmed or denied by Sonic Team. It simply never came up in any press release or quest that I can recall.

DurakkenX
Mar 4, 2007, 12:21 AM
I'll go through this one piece at a time...

1. random planet is a true statement as it is a random planet. Terran refers to a planet that is owned by earthlings so that is an inaccurate statement.

2. can't argue with you there.

3. yup that is true i just didn't want to go into so much detail

4. I haven't studied either characters appearance, but it really doesn't matter...this is part of the connection of what people say is there ^.^

5. Sonic Team has at one point said they are not connected. I dont remember where, but I know it was a statement made by a ST member, whether it was an official statement or not I would not say. There is only evidence that it WAS supposed to be connect and ended up not being.

-----
1. Thanks for agreeing with me there...glad we both can count lol

2. Actually the civ on gurhal is 12000 years old and there was no civ in algol it was only stated there there was two forces that fought...not two civilizations. I may be wrong about this, but i would assume that something about another civ would turn up in at least one of the several time lines i looked at. None have it so I must assume that you are wrong on this point.

3. ok see...this is where people don't follow. I may be wrong because i haven't played the game so i don't know directly BUT from what I have been told it is the earthlings' actions that cause the moon to crash into the planet and thus if you remove the earthlings Palma is not destroyed. Because of the temporal mechanics...if the Alissa 3 is on ragol and not on earth like we are led to believe by the inferences we must assume that the earthlings never reached Algol because they never had the tech to do so. This would then mean that Palma was not destroyed and let free to become Parum. This would be an unofficially done time line simply because it's really hard to explain that the other 3 games didn't happen and hence aren't connected.

4. Most places i have read from say that he's sealed on ryukros...but then again i have heard what you have said too so it may be either and i'm willnig to bet it's more your way than the way i said. (and i have to fix the spelling of ryukros booo)

5 & 6. already covered...

-----
1. really? I thought that was established in the first version...oh well can't remember everything lol.

2. I have taken my char as close to that image as possible and that has never been the case. People saw only faint look alike to what earth look liked. Ragol is definately similiar looking, but it has never looked exact nor near enough to be mistaken except by people who didn't look close enough.

3. once again covered...

i will revise the OT soon...but not right now..playing game lol

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2007, 01:49 AM
1. I refer to "Terran" as a green habitable world that is primed for human colonisation.

4. People who say that the character at the Pandora's Box in PSO is Lutz are full of shit.

5. They have boh said that it was, and was not connected. I don't have an "offical" linakable source either - but they have flip-flopped on the issue.

----

2. I believe that the ancient Civ is 18,000 years old. I'll double-check on my next playtrhough (I'm on my third already). As for ancient civilisations - there are tons of them in Algol. We're not really exposed to any - but as I said, several millions of years have passed since the war between the Light and Darkness. Civilisation is bound to have risen and fallen several times over in that time span. We simply don't know much about Algol before the Waizz compaign to unify the planet's various feuding governments under a single banner. As for the Great Light and Profound Darkness - they were a civilisation. The battle between light and darkness was a civil war. The darkness wasn't even evil at first - they were just the defeated of the spiritual race. They became evil over the millions upon millions of years of inprisonment.

In any case - all I'm saying is that between the time the Great light sealed the darkness away - and the time of Phantasy Star I's opening (342 years after Waizz) there is litteraly eons upon eons of time in which ancient civilsations have risen and fallen. Some more tecnicaly advanced - some less so. We don't know... but you can't say that there weren't ancient civilisations in Algol, because there most certainly was.

3. No. Mother Brain crashes the prison sattelite Gaira into Palma, destorying it. Though she did do this at the Earthmen's direction - who were in turned influenced by Dark Force. The main reason for getting rid of Palma (rather than colonising it) is because Palma was still the seat of Algolian government - and would have put up a fierce resistance even in their weakened state.

You cannot take the Earthlings out of the picture. There is no "alternate" timeline for PSII in which they don't appear. They are there - and the idea that the Alisa III is responsible for earthling's advanced technology is a bit of an assumption that many fans have made. Nowhere in the games, compendium, books, or various mangas/radioplays does it make mention of the Earthlings getting their technology from the Alisa III. We very well could have reached that technological state on our own.

There is NO, I repeat - NO - scenario in which Palma isn't destoryed in offical Phantasy Star lore. If you actually want to see an offical timeline - then check out the website in my sig, which was compiled by Louise Champ from offical sources (the compendium, the games, ect).

4. I'd love to see links to these places that say the Darkness was sealed on Ryukros. This is the first I've heard anyone even mention such a thing. Certainly never heard anything about it on the PSDB, Algol Solar System, Wolfgang Landgraff's PS page, Phantasy Star Cave, Camineet.net... ect... and these are some of the most knowladgable and well respected PS sites on the net.

-----

2. I had the walk-thru-walls code for v.1 and v.2. I was actually behind the planet so that the layer of cloud textures weren't obscuring the planet's view. It looks like north america and the upper-half of florida "doubled" into a mirror image. the other side of the mirror you usually don't see from the window on pioneer 2. The title screen of PSO v.1 had a fairly exact picture of earth - showing northern africa, the arabian pensinsula, and the lower parts of europe/the medeteranian.

Shinzakura
Mar 4, 2007, 02:13 AM
On 2007-03-03 22:49, Sinue_v2 wrote:
1. I refer to "Terran" as a green habitable world that is primed for human colonisation.

The word you're looking for is "terrestrial" (Earth-like). Otherwise, I agree with the OP that the Alissa III never went to Earth as Ragol =/= Earth.

I do agree, however, that Lutz/PSO connection is BS.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 4, 2007, 02:32 AM
I think i'm going to play a high card here. What about the fact that Algol actually exists in this known universe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algol

Now as for linking the games all together, I'll play two pieces of evidence. 1. The new expansion coming out. 2. E3'04, "Phantasy Star V"



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-03 23:33 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 4, 2007, 02:45 AM
ummm whichever mod moved this...brilliant job on actually reading the topic as it has more to do with PSO and PSU than the original series v.v in fact the largest section will prolly be the PSU one considering that there are lots of myths already popping up...and even the section that has the classic games mentioned only do so because it is necessary v.v really v.v

ST prolly used the name and such...but it doesn't exist in the exact same universe as algol has a weird solar system with 3 habitable planets that exist in a very unlikely orbit...while the algol in this universe is a trinary star system with no known planets and when this game was made planets around other stars hadn't been discovered yet. Phantasy Star exists in a paralel universe that is nearly the same as far as been revealed save for 2 stars haven't been created ^.^

As far as the new expansion and the original title...you remember the original trailer too? with chars that looked like PSO NPCs in PSO settings?

Saigan
Mar 4, 2007, 03:47 AM
On 2007-03-03 23:32, Jonathan_F wrote:
I think i'm going to play a high card here. What about the fact that Algol actually exists in this known universe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algol

Now as for linking the games all together, I'll play two pieces of evidence. 1. The new expansion coming out. 2. E3'04, "Phantasy Star V"



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-03 23:33 ]</font>


The PSV name drop was also dropped aftfer the PSO II name drop to build hype for the two mode of play in PSU. It was referring to a large single player story driven RPG. That's all.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 4, 2007, 05:46 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Sinue on most of the issues, here. One thing though (and honestly, this is trivial)-- the ancient civilization in Gurhal was destroyed 12,000 years prior (Pete actually claims "12 millenia"). I just played through that part today, so it's still fresh in my memory.

Furthermore, concerning ancient civilizations in Algol, we can speculate that there were bound to have been at least as many civilizations of various technological levels risen and fallen in Algol as there have been on Earth, but the games make no reference to them, whatsoever. Whether or not they did is truely unimportant. Also, the Light and the Darkness being individual beings or an entire civilization of spiritual beings depends on the continuity you follow. The English-language version claims that they were both individual beings, while the Japanese version claims they were a civilization. Given their nature as spiritual beings, I don't personally have any issues with them effectively being both.

I, too, have never heard of Rykros being the place where Dark Force was sealed (myself, having been part of the online Phantasy Star community since 1998 or so, and having participated in a great number of debates on various Algolian subjects). In fact, you only ever hear of Dark Force being sealed in Phantasy Star 3. The being sealed in Algol was The Profound Darkness, and Dark Force/Falz was the embodiment of her negative emotions.

Sonic Team has never out-right denied that Phantasy Star Online was in no way connected to the classic series. They have claimed that they occur in the same universe, and they have claimed that the people of Pioneer 2 are not from Algol. They are, after all, from Coral. This does not constitute a canonical connection, but it does leave a gaping possibility for a connection to be made, should occasion arise for it to be explored.

All the sword books really did for you was provide some history to the Four Swords.

Regarding the unsealability of the TJ Sword, it has been proven (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1173) that killing 23,000 mobs (the sword must land the finishing hit) with the weapon will open up the "Use" function, to unseal it. This did not work in the Dreamcast version, but was fixed for all subsequent versions. The means was originally uncovered by Barubary (if I remember rightly) who dug it up from the item's code. There are several bugs to this, however, as the weapon must remain in your inventory (possibly even equipped) as banking it, dropping it, or trading it to another person will reset the counter.

There were no "Photon" whips in Phantasy Star II, though there was *a* whip, anyway. I speculate that this was the reason Sonic Team chose to include them in the PSU expansion. Also, as another bit of trivia, the only other Phantasy Star game to include Bows was Phantasy Star III.

Concerning the "Phantasy Star V?" and "Phantasy Star Online 2?" teasers in the original PSU trailer, I am content to chalk that up as a pure marketting choice.

Finally DurrakenX, this is definitely the right forum for this topic (and I applaud Dhylec for his decision). The primary purpose of this forum is to discuss the classic Phantasy Star series, but it can be just as well used as a catch-all for topics discussing multiple Phantasy Star series, and most especially topics including the classic series. Besides, this thread wouldn't have gotten proper attention for its subject in PSU General, anyway (not to mention, the original post as originally posted has no actual discussion of PSU in it, to begin with).

Keep up the good work on this project, though. This could become a terribly interesting thread, if you're not careful.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2007-03-04 02:49 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2007, 05:46 AM
Yeah, John... I know. (http://www.phantasystarwiki.com/index.php?title=The_Real_Algol) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif


It had long before been known to stellar cartographers as a major feature in the constelation Perseus, located in the gorgon's head. In fact, Algol is actually an arabic name (al-gh?l) meaning "Head of the Ghul", or "Head of the Gorgon". Algol has also been known to be called "The Devil's Star" (Rosh ha Sitan from Hebrew meaning "Satan's Head") - which may explain why Rieko Kodama chose that as the name for the solar system in Phantasy Star.


Otherwise, I agree with the OP that the Alissa III never went to Earth as Ragol =/= Earth.

I agree... Ragol is not Earth. Though you can't say that the Alisa III never went to earth - because in one of the four endings to PSIII it DID happen. In another ending, the Alisa III meets up with the Neo-Palm and the two ships continue their journey together. In two of the endings, the Alisa III lands on a planet - one of which bears a striking resemblance to Ragol.

Sinue_v2
Mar 4, 2007, 06:21 AM
Well, despite the differences in offical canon concerining the war between the light and darkness - I still hold to the belief that they were a civilization of spirtual beings which engaged in a civil war. It's Ra-Faze and the other guardians of Ryukros which sway my opinion. Though they could just as well be beings created by the light (much like we consider angels, and a counter to the darkness's "demons") they are spiritual beings and (in japanese canon) remenants of the Great Light's civilization. It's purely a matter of taste, but it's easier for me to accept them that way.

The reason for the change is rather simple - because many asian cultures believe in several gods or spirits which hold sway over the natural world. In most western cultures, we are monotheistic - believing in one god, a singular all-powerful being. The localization team at Sega probably thought that the idea of a singular god who banished it's "evil" nature to anoher dimension would be easier to grasp.

Such changes have taken place before - such as Ustvestia's dialouge change in Phantasy Star II. Ustvestia is actually one of the first openly homosexual characters in an RPG - though at the time homosexuality was very taboo in the west (expecially for a game being marketed at kids and teens). So instead, he become a sexist bigot. Another example of "Western Canon" that I don't subscribe to. He is, and always will be (to me at least) homosexual.

Nai_Calus
Mar 4, 2007, 06:37 AM
Getting any group of fans of PS to agree on ANYTHING is an exercise in futility. XD

Er, maybe I'm zoning out, but where in PS is there ever mention of finding remnants of some millions of years old civilization? o.O The only mention of finding any sort of ancient technology I can think of is in PSIV where they're just rediscovering their own technology from before the Great Collapse. Enlighten me?

But yeah. Even if you can get people to agree on a given theory being or not being true, half the time you can't get them agreeing on *why* it is or isn't true.

Speaking of missing things, where does the claim that the Esper Mansion was founded shortly after PSI come from? The compendium's entry about the Esper Mansion states that Lutz gathered his followers there after the fall of the Landeel dynasty, which supposedly happened in 843, Lutz going into hiding on Dezolis in 845. No mention is made when it states when he originally went into cold sleep of where, the only where is mentioned there in 845, this is going by the compendium translation. And saying that he went into hiding on Dezolis implies that he wasn't there already. Feel free to contradict me, but I really don't see where that claim comes from. Maybe I'm forgetting something from one of the games, but I just don't recall there ever being any indication of that happening that early?

(See, like I said, nobody will ever agree on anything.)

(Also, nitpick, Rui isn't canon. XP And if we're going by Japanese sourcebooks, PSIII ought to take place around 3290 since the English version mucked up the date.)

Eh, it's late and I'm feeling contrary. Nevermind me. XD

DurakkenX
Mar 4, 2007, 03:29 PM
the reason i will not change Tsumikiri J-Sword is a very easy reason...it's not 100% proven fact. No one has ever sat there and watched their friend kill 23000 mobs in one setting to prove this and because there are so many glitches that it is still pretty unknown...

Also J-sword was not in DCv1 or v2 as far as I know. Though I cannot be certain as during that time i really didn't care much for getting those weapons.


As stated before if Alissa 3 never reaches earth Earthmen would never go to algol. They would have no reason to or even know that they exist. Also I didn't say that all their tech came from the Alissa 3 but more than likely their space drive did.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 4, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-03-04 12:29, DurakkenX wrote:
As stated before if Alissa 3 never reaches earth Earthmen would never go to algol. They would have no reason to or even know that they exist. Also I didn't say that all their tech came from the Alissa 3 but more than likely their space drive did.



You cannot substantiate this, and as well, it is self-defeating. To assert that the Alissa III not coming to Earth means that the Earthmen never came to Algol, then the Alissa III would subsequently never be constructed to begin with, out of sheer lack of necessity. Because we know that the Alissa III was constructed and may not necessarily have arrived at Earth, the Earthmen are logically required to arrive at Algol on their own accord. When there are four endings and no canonical confirmation of any individual ending, you cannot void out 3 of them in favor of one in specific.

Prior to learning the endings of Phantasy Star 3, we were left to assume that the Earthmen got to Algol without any help. I see no reason why this assumption could be voided. Besides, we're smart, too-- if the Algolians can figure out a means of interstellar travel, then so can we.

It's fun to speculate, but speculation cannot be identified as fact.

DurakkenX
Mar 4, 2007, 07:30 PM
as i have previously stated because temporal mechanics allows something to exist that must the Alissa 3 would exist if it did not reach earth and earthmen never went to algol. This is a pointless argument since most people don't understand the workings of time. No offense to you or anyone else it's just how it is.

A2K
Mar 4, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:37, Sinue_v2 wrote:
4. The character in the PSO v.2 ending of PSO does not resemble Lutz. In fact, you never really see that character in clear detail. However, he was a character model you could use if you cheated on the game. Knowing several modders and cheaters on v.1/v.2 - I've seen the "Ninja/FOmar" and he looks NOTHING like Lutz.

The character model you are referring to was the Game Master model, and was not utilized at all in the game until Blue Burst, one which admin clumsyorchid was seen using on occasion.

The figure in the URAENDING/all quests completed credits is a white-robed and hooded character with a Psycho Wand. Who else is it supposed to be?

As I've said before, though, I'm willing to concede he may be an "alternate PSO universe" Lutz (hence the PSO-style Psycho Wand, I suppose), but Lutz nevertheless.

Nai_Calus
Mar 5, 2007, 10:04 AM
Why exactly are we assuming that Lutz, Rune, Elvis or whoever the hell else has been theorized for that would be on Ragol/random worldship anyway? I mean, yes, Lutz was fucking 1337, but not THAT fucking 1337. O_o

Some random Esper Lutz might have sent to help take care of Falz on whatever worldship(s), sure, but not likely Lutz himself. How would he have gotten there? Sure, he can teleport, but between star systems? o.O Besides, Lutz never wore a white robe that we saw him in. Other Espers, sure, but Lutz always wore a blue robe with a white cloak. XP For that matter, the PSO Psycho Wand looks nothing at all like the PS Psycho Wand.

And the model used in the ending is the same as the GM model, just palette-swapped. Light knows I saw Broomop using the GM model often enough in the early days of PSOBBJP.

A2K
Mar 5, 2007, 01:14 PM
I was honestly astounded that this became a point of contention in the first place. I seems very obvious to me that Sonic Team's intention here was to jam Lutz in here as a "wink" (welcome or not) to classic Phantasy Star fans.

It's the "grand finale" of this credits sequence, apparently of Falz's original sealing in the ruins. Why stick some random no-name FOmar in there? Why stick a random no-name, lower-level esper in there, either, when you can stick in THE esper?

It may or may not be a palette-swapped model, but if that is the case it was only as a means to make his hooded cloak (robes, whatever... I meant the thing with the hood) look more like Lutz's. The Psycho Wand alone is the dead giveaway: yes, it's PSO's version of the Psycho Wand, but, much more importantly, it's PSO's version of the Psycho Wand. Both these things (reinforced by being together) are quintessential Lutz.

As to how Lutz is there, again, who knows. I mean, who's to say this was even a different star system--the ruins spaceship could have been in Algo. Or... why can't be another system? For one reason or another, he may have decided to travel the universe when he came across it. It's just another blank for the fans to fill in, as usual.

Nai_Calus
Mar 5, 2007, 05:34 PM
Even assuming he was, in fact, 1337 enough to teleport himself around... Actually, given that it would have been within fifteen years of Palma's destruction, I suppose going by PSIII taking place some two thousand years after that, that any worldships that made it out of Algol wouldn't have gotten anywhere by then, maybe they would have been in range. But if he's in good enough condition to be running around like that, why not go *with* Eusis and company to help fight Dark Force, Mother Brain and the Earthmen? Which you think would be more important to him than running around random places in an apparently weakened condition. Eusis afterall was Alis' last descendant and he was probably somewhat concerned with him.

And why are we assuming a random no-name low-level Esper anyway? They can't all suck, else who'd get to be the next Lutz? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'd assume that, rather than risk himself knowing the effect that would have on morale around the mansion(Consider that a thousand years later, as far as we know nobody but Rune himself, the elder who takes care of things when he isn't around and then later Kyra knows that Rune isn't actually the original Lutz, and that this is a major illusion for Kyra to have shattered based on her reaction), Lutz would have, if he felt a need for there to be Espers on any of the worldships, taken volunteers or just picked a few people who probably would have been glad to be chosen for it, and sent *them*.

Lutz only lived another 15 years after PSII, so I doubt that if he was unable to provide direct assistance with the main battles in Algol itself that he would have been running around risking himself outside of Algol either. Send younger, more replaceable people. (Cold, but eh.)

Genji
Mar 7, 2007, 08:04 AM
I brought this idea up in another thread in PSU General, but thought I should post it here too.

As of right now, there isn't any solid evidence linking Phantasy Star Online to Phantasy Star Universe. However, I've noted the following:

- Phantasy Star Universe is Phantasy Star Universe

- Even if the screenshots of Ragol we've seen in Famitsu and on various websites were a VR simulation, wouldn't that still mean Ragol exists? The definition of simulation:



sim∑u∑la∑tion
n.

1. (computer science) the technique of representing the real world by a computer program; "a simulation should imitate the internal processes and not merely the results of the thing being simulated"



How would one make a simulation of something that doesn't exist? And even if it didn't exist, what inspired the creator of the simulation to create environments that look exactly like those of Ragol? Coincidence? Seems very unlikely.

This leads to another question: who provided the data for the simulation? Was it a human? IF Ragol exists, how were they able to get there? Did Pioneer 2 or Coral visit Gurhal? What year did this happen? Which calender: AUW or bA/AC?

What if it were found in a ruin? Which planet and where? What is the location's significance? Who left it there? If it was left by the ancient civilization that created the Unification Points, wouldn't this mean we've had contact with Pioneer 2 in the past? Could this in turn mean the current civilization inhabiting the Gurhal System are descendants of Pioneer 2 and/or Coral? Wouldn't this also explain the origin of the weapon replicas such as the Psycho Wand and Agito? Also could it be possible that Pioneer 2 taught us how to create Newmans?


It wouldn't make any sense if some random scientist pulled this data out of his rear and created a simulation of Ragol.

What do you guys thing? Maybe I'm thinking too much about this.

I apologize if I've made your brain overload or explode upon reading my post. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Ninja edit: damn typos
Ninja edit 2: tacked on some more questions

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-03-07 05:12 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 7, 2007, 02:45 PM
faulty assumptions... you are suggesting someone can't come up with something that is simmiliar without any connection in reality...This is you suggesting that Ragol exists in the real world and we have traveled to other planets and fought mutated creatures in the real world...

secondly...we know that gurhal and coral are different based on the races and how they were created and when. The two timelines do not match up and have no reason to. I would imagine that pointed ears were genetically put in place to seperate them. You really don't want someone with an advantage to be somewhere without you knowing so it's actually quite logical.

A2K
Mar 7, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-03-05 14:34, Ian-KunX wrote:
Even assuming he was, in fact, 1337 enough to teleport himself around... Actually, given that it would have been within fifteen years of Palma's destruction, I suppose going by PSIII taking place some two thousand years after that, that any worldships that made it out of Algol wouldn't have gotten anywhere by then, maybe they would have been in range. But if he's in good enough condition to be running around like that, why not go *with* Eusis and company to help fight Dark Force, Mother Brain and the Earthmen? Which you think would be more important to him than running around random places in an apparently weakened condition. Eusis afterall was Alis' last descendant and he was probably somewhat concerned with him.

And why are we assuming a random no-name low-level Esper anyway? They can't all suck, else who'd get to be the next Lutz? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'd assume that, rather than risk himself knowing the effect that would have on morale around the mansion(Consider that a thousand years later, as far as we know nobody but Rune himself, the elder who takes care of things when he isn't around and then later Kyra knows that Rune isn't actually the original Lutz, and that this is a major illusion for Kyra to have shattered based on her reaction), Lutz would have, if he felt a need for there to be Espers on any of the worldships, taken volunteers or just picked a few people who probably would have been glad to be chosen for it, and sent *them*.

Lutz only lived another 15 years after PSII, so I doubt that if he was unable to provide direct assistance with the main battles in Algol itself that he would have been running around risking himself outside of Algol either. Send younger, more replaceable people. (Cold, but eh.)

When I say "Lutz", I mean it could be any Lutz: the original, Rune, the ones inbetween, from an alternate reality entirely, etc.

The particular circumstances are up to anyone's imagination/fanwank. Personally, I've always been partial to the Ruins = Noah, what with the "Pandora's Box" analogy. Maybe it took place shortly after Rolf/Eusis' and company's battle with the Earthmen. Or perhaps the ship drifted away, only to drift back into Algol a millenia years later only to be encountered by a young Rune and Alys/Lyla encountered it on some adventure.

Or maybe it wasn't Noah--maybe it was Kuran after some series of unforseen circumstances the Dark Force there rears its ugly head again only to be sealed by Rune there, which is then sucked into a dimensional wormhole, only to find itself in Gurhal, with scientists there retrofitting it with a A-Photon reactor, only for it to be infested by the SEED and turned into a HIVE, giving rise to a Dulk Fakis which then fuses with Dark Force to form some sort of uber "Darulk Falkizce" only to be sealed AGAIN by Izuma Rutsu and kicked away, where it subsequently gets sucked into ANOTHER dimensional wormhole where it finally crash lands on Ragol.

Or not.

The point I'm making here is, regardless of the circumstances, the creator's intent with that one image seems undeniable: Somehow, someway, that guy there is Lutz. Maybe not our Lutz--the Lutz, but Lutz nevertheless.

Nai_Calus
Mar 7, 2007, 08:52 PM
Considering that Rune is never shown to be quite as 1337 as Lutz was, I find it even less likely that it would be him. How would he get there? We can presume that he can at least occasionally teleport himself between planets since he had to get to Motavia somehow, but you'd think if he were powerful enough to go whatever ridiculous distance he'd need to/know about it to go do it, we wouldn't have had half the problems we did in PSIV. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif We can't really say anything about the second through fourth generation Lutzes, but you run into problems there.

If it's the Noah, why? How did it get there? Did Eusis and company manage to use their h4cker skillz to figure out the controls and send it elsewhere before they presumably died? Did Lutz? Did the Earthmen originally survive and then decide yeah, OK, let's go elsewhere? Something would have had to have happened since objects in space don't just randomly throw themselves all over the universe. A worldship is more likely for ending up somewhere else simply because, regardless of what happened to the inhabitants, it already would have been on its way out of Algol and would have kept going for quite some time even with an engine failure.

Same thing with Kuran. Why? Even presuming the DF there would rear its ugly head again, it likely wouldn't be within Rune's lifetime. And that's the kind of sequence of events one expects to find in bad fanfic, tsk.

Just because it would be cool for something to happen, does not mean that it logically could.

I think that we're both focused on different things here, though. You're focused on the idea that it would be cool and that it would have to be Lutz or Rune or whatever as a nod to PS fans, I'm focused on the idea that with facts as we know them, it just isn't going to happen.

The guy is perhaps supposed to *remind* us of an Esper, not even necessarily Lutz(Why are we assuming it's a guy, anyway? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ), but it's insanely unlikely that it could ever *be* one, especially not Lutz/Rune. John Q. Random Esper, sure, that I could buy if we're insistent on it happening and not being just a random scene, but not Lutz/Rune.

*shrug*

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 11, 2007, 03:25 PM
Ok, just to refresh my memory, how did lassic find out about the power Profound Darkness had? What are the exact events that led to him coming into power? I think I understand it, but I need to reconfirm a few details. provide NPC talk locations if you can.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-11 13:29 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 13, 2007, 09:33 PM
i haven't seen anywhere that it is mentioned...so i dunno...did you check the PS sites mentioned in this topic somewhere? i think it's in someone's sig...the time line is on that site that ppl say is the best

Nai_Calus
Mar 14, 2007, 04:31 AM
Let's see, Lassic/La Shiec/whatever.

The compendium's timeline has this to say about the years leading up to PSI:

AW 327 - The current king, Aures Landeel, suddenly dies. In place of the less-than-one-year-old successor, Princess Alisa, the next-in-line head priest and prime minister Reipard La Shiec is entrusted with political power. However, a lady of the court, with the misconception that King Aures's death was the result of a plot by La Shiec, hides Alisa with a friend.

AW 328 - La Shiec is installed as the provisional king. Alisa lives with Motabia's governor.

AW 329 - Motabia's governor sends Princess Alisa to the home of the subordinate of a trusted retainer, where she will be raised as a common citizen. In this house, there is a boy called Nero. Alisa takes to him, and they are raised as brother and sister.

AW 338 - Princess Alisa's foster parents die in an accident.

AW 341 - La Shiec learns the secret of the Algol Solar System's genesis. Forming a space-time gate, he comes into contact with the sealed-away spirit-life form. As a result, he summons the projected body of the Profound Darkness, Dark Force, and becomes its loyal servant. That same year, a reign of terror begins.

AW 342 - Nero, investigating the reason behind La Shiec's transformation, is caught and killed at and by the hands of the special police. Alisa carries out his final wishes; she gains the help of Myau, Tyrone, and Lutz, and overthrows La Shiec and Dark Force. That year, when the governor of Motabia is told the news, Queen Alisa Landeel I is placed on the throne.

The Compendium also gives this as the story intro for PSI:

Story

The year AW 342 - Parma [Palma], the first planet in the Algol [Algo] Solar System, had reached the height of its glory, under the rule of La Shiec [Lassic]. The other planets of the Algol Solar System had been opened to colonization, and plans for the development of farm plants and resources had smoothly gone forward. Stargoing space shuttles went back and forth to the Algol Star System's second planet, Motabia [Motavia], from Parma's spaceport, and some years after the start of that, construction had begun on a spaceport on the third planet, Dezolis [Dezoris], as well.
But, that spring, sinister rumors began to spread among the citizens...that the nobles of the ruling class that had brought La Shiec to power had been taken in by an evil religion, and that La Shiec had turned over the Algol Solar System in exchange for eternal life. Moreover, it looks as if the rumors are becoming reality. Strange creatures run rampant all throughout each planet, and the peaceful lives of the populace are imperiled.

The manual text provided by phantasy-star.net has this to say about the story:

The time: Space Century 342. The place: the three planet Algol solar system located deep in the Andromeda galaxy.

Under the democratic rule of King Lassic, life was good as he provided everything his people could want. Space Travel had been discovered 200 years before and deep space shuttles had allowed colonization of Motavia and Dezoris, the other worlds of the Algol Star System.

But slowly, over time, things began to change. It started with a new religion which was rumored to have come from another galaxy. The dark priests of this religion, never seen by any mortal, promised immortality to all who joined. You would live forever!

King Lassic was getting old. The idea of living forever appealed to him so he became the first to join. Then, he... changed. It started with the threatening suit of armor the priests made him. The armor looked evil and corrupt, and that's how Lassic began to rule his people. Outrageous taxes became a burden on everyone. Business on all three planets shut down and entire towns fell into decay. There was no way for the people to make any money.

As time passed and the people suffered, horrible creatures and monsters began to stalk all three worlds. When the dead came back to life, the people feared the worst and guessed the truth. Trough black magic, Lassic had become an evil tyrant.

But where there is evil there is always good. Brave individuals began to rally in secret against Lassic. But his Robotcops were ruthless in hunting out these defenders of the people. One was Nero, a spaceport worker in Camineet, the central town on Palma. Long ago, his father had disappeared trying to learn Lassic's evil secrets. Now, the Robotcops had crushed Nero as well. Before he died, he passed on his short sword and his quest to his sister, Alis. He also told her to find a brave fighter named Odin.

Alis raised the sword to the sky and vowed that Nero's death would not go unavenged!

Reading through PSI's script, nobody ever really mentions anything about Lassic other than that he's screwed things up around the system, so no NPC locations for you.

So basically it seems like:

Aures Landeel dies, La Shiec is put in power in his stead(Which may or may not have been orchestrated by people for some reason unhappy with Aures, the compendium implies that it wasn't La Shiec's doing, but who knows).
One of the members of the court thinks it was La Shiec's fault and hides Alisa with a friend; she gets shifted around a bit until she ends up with Nero's family.
La Shiec gets older, starts worrying about his own mortality. (Maybe he'd been looking for Alisa and couldn't find her and was worried about dying and leaving Algol without a ruler, perhaps things on Palma before Waizz Landeel united it weren't so great and he was worried about it falling back into chaos. Mere speculation, of course, there's nothing to back it up.)
There's a weird new religion floating around and rumors of being able to live forever. La Shiec would of course likely be interested in such a thing, got involved in it, went crazy or got corrupted, summoned Dark Falz and got completely corrupted, and thereafter turned all crazy evil dictator on everybody.

Perhaps odd to think of La Shiec as potentially having once been good. (Then again, the governor of Motavia mentions that he'd been controlled by something and we can probably presume that he wasn't fooling around with the forces of darkness, so who knows?)

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2007, 05:02 AM
Thank you. I think I have the proof I need now to give a theory that would link all of the stories together. I'll post that soon...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-14 03:07 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 14, 2007, 05:22 AM
Hey...guess what I just learned of a new link...

in ep3 DF is known to be reborn through "infecting" the last person who beat it, but this doesn't need to jsut be beating it as proven by Flowen.

Now boss's name is called Amplum Umbra which means great darkness, but also gives a clue. If you google amplum you will get a bunch of references to flowers and umbra is used in flowers as well...

Further more D-cells start to be called "germs" and a source of spatial distortion for the cards.

Germ is usually, when talking about living organism, refering to "germinate" and "germination" which is what a flower does... oh and then we have the fact that plants are drawn to their source of food which is shown in PSU...the SEED is attracted to the Aphotons and photons are used in nano-transformers much like the way germs are used in cards...if you feed off a photons for energy you are going to have that energy in you so you make a great power source.

Hrmmm this just gives more credence to my theory >.>

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2007, 05:41 AM
Heh...interesting. That even helps to empower my theory. I'm going to drop the 8 hints now, and I'll explain how they relate soon

1. The fact that there is more than one Fakis.
2. The recently revealed screen shots of PSO using the PSU engine.
3. What Profound Darkness did before it fought The Great Light
4. The existance of Gurhal Channel 5, a branch office of Space Channel 5 on Earth
5. The subtle name changes between Tylor/Landeel in Gurhal and Tyler/Landale in Algol
6. The existance of the Fakiss' and Forces outside of Algol
7. The events that led to Lassic finding out about Profound Darkness.
8. The fact that if all of this is correct, Gurhal and Ragol will be destroyed within 1000-2000 years of current Gurhal time.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-14 03:44 ]</font>

Arislan
Mar 14, 2007, 10:01 AM
He links SC5 to PSU? This I gotta see.

/waits with bated breath

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2007, 01:51 PM
Actually it's been known since the game was released that it's a branch office for 2 reasons. First, if the people of Gurhal had created it, they'd have called their channel Space Channel 5 as well. Also, there's a file hidden on the game disk that contains the track "This is my Happiness" as sung by (in the game) President Peace, which leads me to believe that there will soon be a Space Channel 5 based event, where possibly Ulala and Space Michael may show up. Either way, Contact was made between Gurhal and Earth sometime before the SEED arrived for certain.

Now then, onto what I have gathered and what my proof is. Please note that this theory is how I see the storyline as of this moment, and at any moment Sega could completely disprove me by taking the story in a completely different direction. Also this is going to completely rip apart Phantasy Star and Phantasy Star II so if you don't know them, here's your spoiler warning.





The first hint is simple to explain. There are multiple Fakis. This is evidenced that Gurhal is still under attack after story mode ends.

The second hint, shows that some how, we're going to end up on Ragol, because even if the forest is a simulation, the Gurhalians would have had to have met The people of Ragol to have learned of it.

The third hint plays on the idea that if The Great Light could create protectors of the seal of Algol, why couldn't the other side (herby known as Profound Darkness) also create minions that would escape before the battle between the two was fought, and thusly they'd be able to continue to exist if their core was defeated.

The fourth hint is very VERY subtle in that it proves that there are Earthmen on Gurhal at this very moment, and while the Gurhalians don't perceive them as a threat, they will become that.

The fifth hint, plays on the idea that over time, as generations of people are born and die, subtle differences in names can appear from what it was originally as.

The sixth hint plays off the third hint and shows that they escaped the battleground and continued to cause terror throughout the galaxy until...

The seventh hint where Lassic is either approached or finds himself standing face to face to a fakis.

Now you're saying wait a minute... how did he get there? Ah this is where I truly spin the threads of the story. Given how weak the Fakis is compared to the Falz on Ragol, one could assume that it could possibly be captured, in something like a Pandora's box. However here's the key, not one...but two are captured by Earthmen. One is carried with the Earthmen as the fakis are traced to Algol, (simple reasoning explains that even if the SEED moved on to other planets, the Gurhalians would want to stop them from attacking other systems) while the other is brought to Earth for study.

One has to ask, what is the SEEDís purpose in all of this. I'm going to step out on a limb here even less sturdy and say that the SEED are victims as much as the Gurhalians are. The Fakis that travels with them is their master, who provides them with A-Photon nutrients that nourish them, and at the same time do anything the Fakis bids, but often their greed for A-Photons makes them attack targets more than other targets, but it still satisfies the Fakis. The Fakis's mission at the same time is to get back to Algol and free it's master Profound Darkness. When things don't go well for the Fakis's, they break off the attack and move again towards the way home, and one of the planets it passes by just happens to be Ragol.

The Dark Falz on Ragol just happened to be yet another of the minions spun off from the essence of Profound Darkness. (As for the civilization that built the ship that became Ruins, it's up to SEGA if we ever get to see their story.) Sometime after it's defeat on Ragol, the people of Gurhal and Ragol meet and fight together to beat back the SEED. Yet again, the Fakis decide to move on. Ragol then begins to monitor the Fakis and watch for their next target. It just so happens to be that sometime after, it's Algol.

Now I see two possible ways for this to play out. First, due to something similar to the treaty of undeveloped planets, (Star Trek fans will know it as The Prime Directive) the people of Ragol and Gurhal are unable to provide the Algolians with the tools necessary to defeat the Seed and instead make one final assault. This is if this happens before AW 0 because the technology just isn't there yet. At the same time, it could be just before Lassic comes into power and thusly the Gurhalians and Ragolians do team up with the Algolians to beat back the SEED in one final war. Either way, all of the Fakis are destroyed that control seed...except the one that travels with the Earthmen.

The Earthmen, by now have somehow been affected by the Fakis, and by it's bidding learn to place the Fakis on Algol, and then soon after approach Lassic. They then introduce the Fakis to Lassic who becomes corrupted by it's power and opens the gate finally to Profound Darkness.

So what happens to the Fakis? Most of it's body is absorbed back into Profound Darkness while the head is left, creating Saccubus. The Falz in the basement of the Govenor's Mansion is one that escaped when Lassic opened the door.

At the same time on Earth, resources are running low, and the Earthmen begin the construction of Noah using the technology created by the Gurhalians. However they are at a loss for what to do because Gurhal and Ragol are too powerful to be taken over as such. The earthmen after helping Lassic return to Earth and tell them of Algol.

And thus this is where I play hint eight, the destruction of Gurhal and Ragol. Some time before AW 822, Gurhal and Ragol are destroyed by the Earthmen. By now the Earthmen have many key positions in the governments and bring on wars between the planets. (If this hadn't happened, Gurhal and Ragolians would have stopped the Earthmen before Palma was destroyed) Only the descendants of Tylor's Rouges saw the truth in what was going on and escaped and then covertly followed the Earthmen on their journey to Algol. There they set up shop on a planet just outside of Algol, and waited for their moment to strike, all the while remembering the civilizations of Gurhal and Ragol.

Time passes slowly. The Earthmen come into power, create Mother Brain. The Anti-Mother Brain resistance is formed. Mother Brain subsequently ends their mission on that fateful mission to leave the system, but not before discovering the Rouges who hide outside of Algol. Mother Brain then shuts down all of the space ships in Algol. With the stop on all space travel in place, only one ship still flies, the Landeel. The Landeel (now called the Landale as evolution of language continued) rescues Eusis and his party from Garia. Mother Brain then attempts to correct it's mistake against the Rouges, but fails as there is no time to stop them before Eusis destroys Mother Brain, as well as the second Fakis which had evolved into a Falz in its many years of waiting inside the Pandora's Box. With their revenge complete, the Rouges settle on a distant part of Dezoris where they would blend in with the rest of the Algolians by having their features altered. Evolution would also have had a play in this. Tyler (the AW 1285 version of Tylor) seals away the Landale beneath the town.

DurakkenX
Mar 14, 2007, 07:13 PM
ummm i'm gonna say no to this as it doesn't connect the games coherently...

in fact throughout that entire thing are saying things and then not following them with proof or reasoning...

A lot of your hints aren't stated as to where they come from...or where you get..and it doesn't connect ragol really as "it's just there" and you never say why the earth men capture 2 fakis or your reasoning for believing earthmen are on gurhal other than gurhal channel 5.

Most of what you have pointed out doesn't connect the game but rather are more coincidental in nature....perhaps it's from the way it's put but it's really not complete nor is it connective or explain all the issues

My theory which i have stated does connect all the stories and explains them and allows for what ST has said....

perhaps a step by step timeline may be needed?

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 17, 2007, 01:59 AM
On 2007-03-14 17:13, DurakkenX wrote:
ummm i'm gonna say no to this as it doesn't connect the games coherently...

in fact throughout that entire thing are saying things and then not following them with proof or reasoning...

A lot of your hints aren't stated as to where they come from...or where you get..and it doesn't connect ragol really as "it's just there" and you never say why the earth men capture 2 fakis

Humanity has always been curious about what it doesn't know.


or your reasoning for believing earthmen are on gurhal other than gurhal channel 5.


Ok, perhaps the Illuminus also have something to do with it as well, given their mission of Human dominance. Also, I don't see any newmen or beasts on the locations where Ulala was. What I do however have is proof that it is indeed a branch office, proven by a file located on the game disk which is a copy of "This is my happiness" Sung by (in game terms) President Peace


Most of what you have pointed out doesn't connect the game but rather are more coincidental in nature

This is why it's a theory. It's how I've pieced the puzzle together. Why do you think I put that big disclaimer there. SEGA could kill this at any moment.



....perhaps it's from the way it's put but it's really not complete nor is it connective or explain all the issues

My theory which i have stated does connect all the stories and explains them and allows for what ST has said....

perhaps a step by step timeline may be needed?


Workin on it. What I do know is some time between AC0001-AC0099 Gurhal Channel 5 was established given that it would have been unsafe to do so during the 500 year war. Hal is then hired between AC0097-AC0100 (providing similar labor laws exist on Gurhal as they do here on earth. Maybe Ulala and Space Michael visited themselves. Also the time I see the meeting between Ragol and Gurhal happening is of course after Amplum Umbra was defeated, but that also it will happen after the Fakis launch the next huge invasion strike (Ultimate Attack 1) which even though it is sponsored, I'm going to count it as a plot element anyway since SEGA hasn't said it wasn't cannonical.

DurakkenX
Mar 17, 2007, 09:25 AM
The thing is...unless there is some sort of stated...which there isn't that there is someone from outside the system existing we must assume that the Gurhalian's (actually Parumians) have never met an outside species otherwise it would be stated in some sort of time line or other source within the game which it isn't.

Gurhal channel 5 and all that isn't proof so much as it is just another we are going to add references to other games in our story. You wouldn't say Sonic exists in the PSU universe just cause he has a statue there which is a lot more direct than the Gurhal channel 5 reference.

The thing about the earth men finding 2 fakis creatures is that they'd have to assume that they were using Fakis as a weapon and search for allies which would mean other races too and like i said there'd be stated that contact was made. The other thing would be that the earthmen were clearly taken over by the seed/dark force because any logical civilization which we are enough of wouldn't destroy another planet when it is inhabitable and they'd realize seed/dark force is a global destroyer.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 17, 2007, 10:42 AM
I have been thinking back to my original post, and you're right. I believe that given the circumstances of you've reminded me of, there's no evidence that Gurhalians and Ragolians would have made contact as there's no such stated thing in the original games. Let me ask you, how do you explain the mysterious group that finds Lassic being something aside from Earthmen.

As for Sonic, I've got 2 words and a number for you. Tinkerbell's Dog 2

DurakkenX
Mar 17, 2007, 12:36 PM
Earthmen do speak with La Sheic... that doesn't mean anything

I can say that Gurhal is not Algol though... Algol is only 92.8ly away and it takes Earthmen roughly 203year to get there if we assume Algol is based on the one in our universe. This means it's going at 1/2 light speed. This is the height of Earth tech in the future as well and it i based on the destroyed palman tech. This means that at the pinnacle of their tech they could never reach Gurhal because according to the intro Gurhal is in another galaxy all together.

So...We have established at least a few things...

Gurhal is in no way Algol
Algol is in no way Coral
Coral is not Earth
Ragol is not Earth
Gurhal is not Coral
Gurhal is not Ragol

ie... Coral, Algol, Earth, Gurhal, and Ragol are all seperate places and at least 1 of those places is in a different galaxy.

Earth and Algol history as far as we know in a loop or on a planet far away from the Dark Force.

What could have Happened is...

PS series happens with them reaching earth at the end throwing them in a loop
PS series happens with them landing on Ragol
Palmans Leave Ragol after imprisoning DF there and building a new ship.
Palmans land on Coral and slowly their culture dies and their past is forgotten.
Coralians, having forgotten their Palman roots, go to Ragol to find the ancient Alissa 3

Ok so that connects them, but what about Gurhal...The Dark Force if you consider them actually being influenced by the Dark force and speaking as them >.> and you consider where Gurhal is and Gurhal being a flower, which implies spring, which implies the birth of life...well we have 2 civs that fought the SEED and 1 at least which could have been advanced enough to travel beyond their solar system.

Perhaps the SEED attacked the Gurhal system and the civ found out where they are from...travel to their homeworld and through time to seal them away before they could do their attack....

This is the only way that I can think that could connect PSU and PS and through PS, PSO.

anyways...any theory must be shot down that combines the planets or places earthmen and Palmans near gurhal without some massive intervention...

Nai_Calus
Mar 18, 2007, 07:56 AM
Jon, stop stealing ST's crack, or if you have to, share some with me, that shit must be good. XP

Not touching that with a ten foot pole since I don't even know where to *begin* with it. (If you have to make theories to explain your theories explaining your theories...)

I do wonder though why people are so obsessed with linking PSU to PS somehow.

Maybe everyone else secretly agrees with me that the story of PSU is terrible and a disgrace to the PS name and they think linking it will somehow make it all better or at least justify it.

Then again maybe I'm just anti-PSU's storyline. I mean, hell, I was moved more when Calus died in Knowing One's Heart than I was when Mirei died. Then again, Calus isn't a character archetype that makes me wince and PSO doesn't make me bored when I pay attention to the story like PSU did. Nor did Calus' death particularily piss me off. XP

As for Ragol, Space Channel 5, etc... How do we know the people of Guhral haven't independently developed PSO/etc? >D Maybe after a hard day of whacking Vahras our characters go home and play a nice relaxing Forest to Falz with their HUmars. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And, um. What the hell is with the assumption that if it looks like Ragol it must be something specifically created to look like a real place they knew of? Surely you're not suggesting that PS/PSO is real, then, since I mean, they couldn't have come up with Algol and Ragol if they weren't real places that they'd visited or seen pictures of. Creativity, people. Fantasy.

Although I could get in to how in PSO and PSU we never really see much in the way of art. PSU has more in the way of artistic expression than PSO did, but you still get a very commercialized feel from everything - Your room decorations are mass-produced, your clothing and weapons oftentimes advertise the manufacturer, there are neon(well, photon) signs everywhere... Apparently this is not a culture that particularly values creative expression or personal style. Neudaiz comes closest to portraying a culture concerned with aesthetics as evidenced by a quick wandering around Ohtoku city, but even this is merely a cultural/religious aesthetic and not evidence of personal creativity on anyone's part.

Clyez City third floor with the relief sculptures is the only other place that stands out in my mind for having a public display of artwork.

I dunno, maybe everyone in Guhral is so uncreative stuff could have only come from elsewhere. XP Certainly the culture doesn't seem to encourage such a thing. Then again, PSO wouldn't be much of a creative stretch given the apparent daily life of members of the Guardians...

...I can't believe I just typed three paragraphs analyzing the artwork or lack thereof of a fictional civilization.

Too many video games. XP

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 18, 2007, 09:52 PM
Ok, let me ask you this. If Gurhal Channel 5 was really developed by the gurhalians on their own, wouldn't they call it Space Channel 5 then?

Nai_Calus
Mar 19, 2007, 01:32 AM
Considering that Guhral has a perfectly usable system name, I don't know why they *would* call it SC5. Just like if they came up with a game that mirrored PSO I wouldn't expect it to be called Phantasy Star Online.

Frankly, you miss my point, though. They're just references, and even if they're significant culturally, why are we assuming that the people of Guhral can't come up with anything on their own without being exposed to it first? Again, is Phantasy Star then necessarily real and Rieko Kodama has to have met Alis Landale, Lutz, Tyrone and Myau in order to know what they look like to do the character designs for the game?

Basically: You're thinking too much and trying too hard. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes a cheesy cutesy reference is just a cheesy cutesy reference. XP

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 19, 2007, 11:28 AM
I guess Earth Channel 5 would make sense then too.

Anyway, I think I will conceed defeat. The mission description for the 2nd hive mission online's description did it.

DurakkenX
Mar 19, 2007, 02:22 PM
hrmmm well i haven't read the 2nd hive's description yet ^.^ so i have no idea what you talkin about >.>

I must also change something i said earlier...i said there was no proof that they had contact outside of the solar system with any other race...well when the seed attacked it said "galaxy-wide alert" i don't think any logical space faring civilization would say galaxy wide unless they meant galaxy and not just solar system or or quadrant...

but then again... There is evidence within the first chapter of the script that there was more than 1 translator. When someone types/talks/writes they have little quirks that are easily seen for people that notice these things...So far this evidence is the diference of "Ok" and "Okay" which most are very fervent about how they write it and there are points when there is punctuation all over the place and other times it is pretty dead on. So in my opinion there are two translators at the minimum in the main story of PSU one of which may know less about space and space cultures...

if anyone would be willing it would be nice if someone could translate that specific line from the japanese.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 20, 2007, 10:24 AM
On 2007-03-17 10:36, DurakkenX wrote:
I can say that Gurhal is not Algol though... Algol is only 92.8ly away and it takes Earthmen roughly 203year to get there if we assume Algol is based on the one in our universe. This means it's going at 1/2 light speed. This is the height of Earth tech in the future as well and it i based on the destroyed palman tech. This means that at the pinnacle of their tech they could never reach Gurhal because according to the intro Gurhal is in another galaxy all together.


If we are to take the instruction manual at its word, then the Algol System of Phantasy Star is in the Andromeda Galaxy. We are in the Milky Way Galaxy. It's also worth noting that the real Algol system has a trinary star, which is why it appears to blink, meaning that it's absolutely not the same as what we see in Phantasy Star. The real star is also the eye of the constellation, Medusa, and has also been called, "The Demon Star". Its name shares a common root with the word, "Ghoul".

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 20, 2007, 12:49 PM
Basically the 2nd mission description says something along the lines that the seed create the dulk fakis and the dulk fakis create the seed. Its a symbiotic relationship.

I guess we're falling back to the age old excuse again then. Translation problems. You know, it makes me wonder if there is a community of JP players like us somewhere over there where we could just read their take on these theories.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-03-20 10:52 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Mar 20, 2007, 05:20 PM
hrmmm... algol is in another galaxy too? well then i guess Gurhal and Algol could be the same system again and that would mean that parum space flight technology is fairly advanced... 203years is fairly a short amount of time for a 1mil+ly journey...

jon... my opinion is there are 3 things we are dealing with which people tend to be lumping all in one. SEED and D-factpr and D-cells and the like are simply physical only, while dark falz is clearly a mental entity that manipulates d-cells, but is not inherently connected to them. And Dark Falz isn't the dark force or whatever it's called which is sealed away....the Dark force is a civilization or very powerful force that can create non-corporeal essences. While the Dark Falz are simply members of that civilization who has been sent on a mission to unseal themselves...

You know...given that pretty much happened according to what i can figure out is... There was once a huge civilization that eventually started taking 2 different routes and so the one half broke away and sealed the undesirable half in a pocket universe...and then have kept them locked away and have set groups to kill those that slip through and maintain the seal...This makes the "dark force" actually more the victim than the attacker...

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 21, 2007, 01:33 AM
I belive Profound Darkness is the word you're looking for. And yes. According to the PS wiki, they were both originally one group of spiritual entities, which eventually split into two. I guess the question is why couldn't the two have split, and yet gotten along without such a war on a galactic scale as it was?

DurakkenX
Mar 21, 2007, 02:25 AM
Watch Stargate ^.^ A similliar event happens...

basically the ancients split between those who were more religious and those who were more scientific...they couldn't get along so they ended up in a war that kept the scientific ones isolated in one galaxy and the religious pretty much spread out through the rest of the universe.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 21, 2007, 02:40 AM
Sorry, season 9 can't be found in stores yet. (I've tried.)

Nai_Calus
Mar 21, 2007, 08:45 AM
They couldn't get along because one faction was white on one side and black on the other, and the other faction was black on one side and white on the other.

Oh wait, wrong fandom.

Does make you wonder what's so great about the Great Light. Maybe it's just great in that it's big. XP (Well, the kanji for it fit that well enough...) Probably not. It's a neglectful parent. Going off and leaving its poor kids to rot like that. "Watch the house while I'm gone, kiddies, and make sure those rotten neighbours of ours don't burn it down, I'm going out for a beer."

And do they get good TV channels or the internet in that little pocket dimension hellhole? I think not! No wonder the poor Profound Darkness went nuts and tried to kill everybody. :<

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 21, 2007, 11:50 AM
Now you're starting to understand why I'm a cultist.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 13, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well, looks like I conceeded defeat too early based on this...

http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/pioneer2.JPG

At least part of what I'm saying seems to be coming to pass as true. The mission map for Familiar Forest even points at another galaxy.



<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2007-04-13 12:25 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Apr 13, 2007, 05:52 PM
Not touching that with a ten foot pole since I don't even know where to *begin* with it. (If you have to make theories to explain your theories explaining your theories...)

Agreed... or at least, I won't really tackle this without breaking it down and digesting it. Might take a while.

In the meantime though, Jon, there's a few minor corrections you might want to take a look at, such at...


Given how weak the Fakis is compared to the Falz on Ragol, one could assume that it could possibly be captured, in something like a Pandora's box.

Every single Dark Falz/Force in PS has been contained within a Pandora's Box, barring the three from PSIV. None of them were "sealed" inside, except for the one in PSIII which had it's box sealed shut by Orakio's sword. Those boxes were always refuges that the Dark Forces hid inside while they manipulated events and people around them into destorying the seal for them. They weren't in boxes in PSIV because the seal had been partially destoryed - and the Profound Darkness could stage an all-out attack on Algol without concern for Dark Force being defeated (since now more than one could be released per millenia).

PSO's Dark Falz was far more powerful than any Dark Force or Falz which came before it - and yet even he sought refuge in a Pandora's Box.

So the power of Fakis in comparison has nothing to do with it's ability to be trapped in a Pandora's Box - and the Fakis of PSU show absolutely no inclination of needed a Pandora's Box. They plant themselves firmly around the A-Photon Reactor core in the sattelites.

Personally, btw, my theory as to why the PSO Dark Falz was so much more powerful than previous Dark Forces/Falz's is because the Dark Falz you fight in PSO is actually becomming the new Profound Darkness. The PD isn't a coporeal being, it's a conciousness - and Dark Force/Falz's are just an extension of that conciousness. Reguardless of which timeline you follow - PSIII takes place after PSIV (even if just by two generations), which means that a Dark Force was alive after the PD's destruction. It's possible that as an extension of the PD conciousness - that the Dark Force allowed the PD itself to survive. Kinda like "The Thing", where if even a small portion of the alien is left undestoryed - the whole creature regenerates sort of scenario) Anyhow, assuming that PSO and PS are connected - it's possible that as the new core of the PD's power, it gained - and is still gaining, far more power than previous Dark Forces/Falz's ever did. This explains DF's constant need to "evolve" and grow.

One thing it lacked though, was an organic host in which to use as an anchor for the power in the coporeal world. It chose Rico for this role, coincidentally - a female, much like the final form of the original Profound Darkness. (Though it's unknown weither or not the PD from PSIV had a coporeal host as well)


So what happens to the Fakis? Most of it's body is absorbed back into Profound Darkness while the head is left, creating Saccubus.

Saccubus was a dream sequence - nothing more. If you die (you're supposed to) you suffer no ill-effects. It wasn't a real battle, and you only get like 10 exp and 0 Mes for defeating it. (You don't technically get anything from Lassic or DF either, but they're end-game bosses, there's no point in doing so. Lassic's Shadow gives you 60 though, and the Gold Dragon gives you 100.)


Maybe everyone else secretly agrees with me that the story of PSU is terrible and a disgrace to the PS name

Secretly? Are you fucking kidding me?

DurakkenX
Apr 14, 2007, 07:20 AM
Here's a thought...

We know that in 3 series we have to deal with...
Time Travel
Alternate Dimensions

So with that it is possible that we are dealing with 8 different realities

There is a pocket Universe in each of the different timelines and in each of those there are both timelines.

Anyways it is possible that Ragol was a station for an attack on Gurhal, which would also explain why the "earthmen" didn't care about destroying a solar system. This would mean Coral is actually Earth though.

this also allows Gurhal to be Algol.

but here's the thing according to the description that forest in an alternate dimension which means that PSO takes place in the sealed pocket universe of PSU/PS

also i cannot concede fully that the forest in PSU is Ragol just yet as the ship does not fit the design of Pioneer 2, but dif reality means dif designs too i guess.

But yeah there is no full link there...other than Gurhal as far as it can be known has been messin up PSO's universe.

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 14, 2007, 04:30 PM
It's plausible. I do remember that at the end of PS4 PD initiated a time warp. Perhaps she sent itself back or forwards in time.

DurakkenX
Apr 14, 2007, 09:46 PM
On 2007-04-14 14:30, Jonathan_F wrote:
It's plausible. I do remember that at the end of PS4 PD initiated a time warp. Perhaps she sent itself back or forwards in time.



you know you might find links in names...I have up to PSU ch2 NPC names listed on my website database...might give some clues..might not, but i don't know enough names for it to be useful to me...

zandra117
Apr 20, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-03-14 03:22, DurakkenX wrote:
Hey...guess what I just learned of a new link...

in ep3 DF is known to be reborn through "infecting" the last person who beat it, but this doesn't need to jsut be beating it as proven by Flowen.

Now boss's name is called Amplum Umbra which means great darkness, but also gives a clue. If you google amplum you will get a bunch of references to flowers and umbra is used in flowers as well...

Further more D-cells start to be called "germs" and a source of spatial distortion for the cards.

Germ is usually, when talking about living organism, refering to "germinate" and "germination" which is what a flower does... oh and then we have the fact that plants are drawn to their source of food which is shown in PSU...the SEED is attracted to the Aphotons and photons are used in nano-transformers much like the way germs are used in cards...if you feed off a photons for energy you are going to have that energy in you so you make a great power source.

Hrmmm this just gives more credence to my theory >.>



Holy crap, I just thought of a new theory. If PSO is linked with Phantasy Star III through Crys' ending we know that Ragol has a black hole near it, as indicated by 2 of the other PSIII endings. In PSU Ragol exists on the other side of a dimentional warp (ZOMG the black hole). (the black hole has multiple exits from the Ragol side, Earth and Gurhal, and leads to Ragol from the Gurhal side. Everything that passes through the black hole experiences time travel. That explains why pioneer 2 hasn't landed yet in PSU and why Earth is found inhabited in the alternate ending of PSIII. Ragol to Gurhal travels forward in time.) anyways back to the main part of my theory... After the end of PSO episode 3 the people of Ragol had to dispose of C.A.R.D. Technology because it contains the "Germ". They disposed of the C.A.R.D. Technology by tossing it into the black hole. After traveling through the black hole the "germ" arrived in Gurhal and began to grow, eventually becoming the SEED.