PDA

View Full Version : Wow...Goggles are useful again!

Niered
Mar 3, 2007, 10:30 PM
Apologies if this is common sense, but I dont think many of you know this.

So today im fighting Onmagoug at the new party mission in the Agata islands, and, being the amazing Newm Fortegunner I am, I pull out my Phantom with lv. 20 Ice bullets and start nailing him in the wings with the FPS mode. Ok mebbe not amazing, but common sensical at the very least.

So as Im doing this a member of our party says something and i miss it, so I try bring up the chat log, which on my 360 Controller linked to my PC is left bumper, and i accidentally hit the left trigger instead.

My goggles activate.

And at first i think its just some wierdo glitch in the FPS mode, but I try it again, with a different weapon, and it works again! I told everyone in my party at the end of the fight my newfound discovery, and was greeted by "WOW"s "LOL"s and the odd "HUH?!".

So basically, heres the info im relating to you. IF you have the goggles, simply go into first person, and tap the Left Trigger. You'll go into Goggle mode, and never even have to equip the silly things! Meaning that instead of taking up one of your action pallete spots, or even not using them at all, you can do this. Hope it helps you all out.

RedX
Mar 3, 2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah i found that out today to ^_^

Aaron777
Mar 3, 2007, 10:34 PM
good info thanks!

Lyrise
Mar 3, 2007, 10:48 PM
Yup. You guys got a new system patch that came with Ultimate Attack. For us, this is essential since it lets us arm the eraser with the goggles simulaneous.

Edit: they got rid of the palette condition

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-03-03 19:49 ]</font>

Dhylec
Mar 3, 2007, 10:51 PM
Interesting. I guess it's not told since there is no Eraser to use yet.

Zorafim
Mar 3, 2007, 10:58 PM
This is a godsend. One of the worst parts of SEED missions was the taking up of two slots, and the switching in between of them. And now, I can take down trees without much hassle.

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 10:58 PM
fo real?? u can shoot w/ ur googles on?

theyre useful in the new moatoob mission, those traps that paralyze u, then poison u when it releases u are killer! good to spot em out b4 u move on.

Randomness
Mar 3, 2007, 10:59 PM
Lemme guess, theres no similar trick for PS2/PC?

Genji
Mar 3, 2007, 11:05 PM
On 2007-03-03 19:59, Randomness wrote:
Lemme guess, theres no similar trick for PS2/PC?

It was one of the unlisted changes in the March 2nd update.

Just go into FPV and press the secondary weapon button like if you were trying to switch to using your handgun to shoot. You'll switch your goggles on/off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-03-03 20:06 ]</font>

Shinzakura
Mar 3, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:05, Genji wrote:
Just go into FPV and press the secondary weapon button like if you were trying to switch to using your handgun to shoot. You'll switch your goggles on/off.

Based on a little experimenting, it seems that for the PC, it will work as either:

FPS + 2nd Wep
FPS + Strafe/Target Lock

throttlekitty
Mar 4, 2007, 12:11 AM
It works on PC, I was fighting dimmagolus, and accidentally hit my shoulder button as well. I had thought that it was a new addition to strafe while shooting in 1st person, good to know it's the goggles though!

Kuya
Mar 4, 2007, 01:29 AM
I don't know about using the switch button, but the strafe key in FPS mode switches to goggles for me. I told someone litereally minutes after the patch came out (since I found out by accident) and he was like "oh yah - i alredy knew dat". I thought it was something a bunch of people knew about - just was a little concerned with my "source" XD

GreenArcher
Mar 4, 2007, 02:48 AM
Go into FPS and press up or left if you're using a keyboard

Niered
Mar 4, 2007, 02:52 AM
B QIET GREEN WIV URE KB NUBNESS.

Oh, and as a side note, i hate the fact i got DCed seconds after you beat dimma.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 04:17 AM
Hey Niered!!! Lol, anyway...

My friend found this out today too. Although, I didn't quite understand what she was saying. Thanks for the clarification xD.

MomoHana
Mar 4, 2007, 06:00 AM
It had happened to me once where I has the googles and unequipped but the google screen stayed while I was in third person. Weird, neh?

Freshellent
Mar 4, 2007, 01:12 PM
Wow I thought my PC was trippin out again when I did the same thing the other day. It makes it much easier. Good Post!

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 4, 2007, 01:33 PM
I had noticed this extension on update day. I haven't been using goggles at all though XD

Esufer
Mar 4, 2007, 05:32 PM
Can't seem to get this to work on the 360. =/

Sekani
Mar 4, 2007, 05:40 PM
Apparently no one on 360 needs to use goggles. Bastards.

Pinecone
Mar 4, 2007, 05:46 PM
wait... useful again? They used to be useful? when was this why wasn't I informed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Sexy_Raine
Mar 4, 2007, 09:04 PM
I found out about this too! I thought it strange at first because, it wasn't even in mentioned anyhere that this is possible.

Oh and great runs yesterday Green. It was a blast.

Fulgore
Mar 4, 2007, 10:07 PM
You Rock! I can't wait to do that, I got so sick of equipping those things everytime I wanted to use them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif thank you

McLaughlin
Mar 4, 2007, 10:21 PM
So, this definitely doesn't work on the 360. Or at least, I can't get it to.

Niered
Mar 4, 2007, 10:51 PM
On 2007-03-04 19:21, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Thats not entirely surprising actually, from what Im gathering about this little discovery, the reason we PC/PS2 users got it is because the JP servers needed it for there Ultmiate Attack event. We often get these system related patches (example GH440) within a week or so of there JP release, but the 360 players seem to have to wait before they get them. Just keep trying it after every patch, although i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt get them UNTIL the ultimate attack comes here.

A2K
Mar 4, 2007, 10:55 PM
I imagine 360 users will have to wait until their 1.0003 patch. Now only if it didn't take up a slot out of your 60 item inventory...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-03-04 19:56 ]</font>

Niered
On 2007-03-04 19:21, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Thats not entirely surprising actually, from what Im gathering about this little discovery, the reason we PC/PS2 users got it is because the JP servers needed it for there Ultmiate Attack event. We often get these system related patches (example GH440) within a week or so of there JP release, but the 360 players seem to have to wait before they get them. Just keep trying it after every patch, although i wouldnt be surprised if you didnt get them UNTIL the ultimate attack comes here.

omegapirate2k
Kickass!

Sychosis
Mar 4, 2007, 10:59 PM
Yeah, we'll likely have to endure another bout of Microsoft Certification Testing before we see it. Never used my goggles to begin with, so no loss for me.

Deus-Irae
Mar 5, 2007, 10:15 AM
wow great news.

i like it when we get minor changes to the system that make life that much easier. that is quite handy.

give me hope for a more usefull action pallete in the expansion. like how things became much more refined in PSO EP1/2 as compaired to V1 and V2.

thumbs up!

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 11:07 AM
Aw, I wish we could do that on the 360. It'll make trap hunting easier, like the ones hidden in the ground under smashers in the Rouge's Shortcut mission.

CKaz
Mar 5, 2007, 12:50 PM
Huh yeah I saw this thread and no go - then the PSU wiki just mentioned PC/PS2 and then revisiting this thread closed the deal. Well hopefully that'll come around soon.

Alkaar
Mar 5, 2007, 01:54 PM
Great find, it makes it so much easier now.