PDA

View Full Version : The revealed Mag TECHNIC weapons

Snickers
Mar 3, 2007, 10:38 PM
From the looks of the picture on the front page the mags (at least to me) seems like it could be a left handed weapon. While this wouldn't mean so much as far as pure force classes are concerned, if this is the case (and the mag is below S rank) I can see this opening a world of possibilities for the hybrid tech classes. I would imagine a Wartecher or Guntecher (probably Wartecher the most) would be able to make great use of a Mag+melee weapon combination. As a Guntecher with melee skill capped at 10 I personally still think I could find uses for this combination if that is indeed what the mag is bringing to the table. Any thoughts regarding this possibility and the potential surrounding it? Sorry if this has been posted before but I could not find one similar to it when using the search function.

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 10:42 PM
i think it should be a universal weapon, like the single Saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

every class can use!

Niered
Mar 3, 2007, 10:47 PM
this is what I suspect both the Slicer and Madoog's are meant for. Since the current formula for PSU's weapons is, everything ranged in left hand, everything technic or melee in right, this basically gimps (and is the actual reason I chose NOT to play as) wartechers, and to a lesser extent, guntechers. Meaning that madoogs are gonna be a wartechers best freind. and slicers will be useful for just about anyone, but could be especially nice WITH the madoogs simply because they can both be equipped on the same pallete slot.

The only thing I wish is that they would now introduce a melee weapon for the left hand. I seriously fail to see why whips werent chosen for this, but maybe theres going to be another weapon to fill that position.

-Ryuki-
Mar 3, 2007, 11:07 PM
Why does everyone keep thinking they're Tech weapons?

EphekZ
Mar 3, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:07, RyukiZero wrote:

um, becuase they actually read?

Weapons Types - Three new weapon types including a Photon Whip, Slicer, and the Madoog. The Madoog is a left-handed TECHNIC weapon that resembles a Phantasy Star Online Mag. Known Madoogs include the Soniti and Sato.

and to the OP, I think that's the point of these, to allow easier supporting for WT and GT.

edit: to Rashid, why would it be universal when only 3 classes can use techs. that'd kill the point of being a -techer class wouldn't it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-03-03 20:11 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 11:12 PM
Why does everyone keep thinking that WT and GT are gonna get them?
(dont say 'because it makes sense' becauz this game is called PHANTASY Star, so its not supposta make sunse)

Ryna
Mar 3, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:10, EphekZ wrote:

On 2007-03-03 20:07, RyukiZero wrote:

um, becuase they actually read?

Weapons Types - Three new weapon types including a Photon Whip, Slicer, and the Madoog. The Madoog is a left-handed TECHNIC weapon that resembles a Phantasy Star Online Mag. Known Madoogs include the Soniti and Sato.

Just to note, this information originally came from EspioKaos in this post:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136118&forum=20&start=180&200#197

EphekZ
Mar 3, 2007, 11:16 PM
regardless if the two classes don't get them, they're force weps. so there's no point trying to be witty with your stupid comeback.

Genji
Mar 3, 2007, 11:17 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:12, Rashiid wrote:
Why does everyone keep thinking that WT and GT are gonna get them?
(dont say 'because it makes sense' becauz this game is called PHANTASY Star, so its not supposta make sunse)

Considering they're the only classes that would have a use for them. Wartecher, Guntecher, Fortetecher and Force are the only classes that can use TECHNICs.

Snickers
Mar 3, 2007, 11:19 PM
I would think that a one handed TECHNIC capable weapon that the hybrid tech classes could not use would be a pretty unfortunate situation. I am, however, doing nothing but wanting to discuss the potential behind such a weapon if infact WT and GT can use them. I even included text specifying that I believe the weapons would have to be below S rank for such discussion to even be valid.

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 11:19 PM
um, thats not true.

Pistols? force weapon? no. force can still use em? o ok.

Mag, casts spells, U dont cast spells, IT does. has nothing to do w/ the person using it.

no point of trying to carry me w/ ur sense-lacking post.

EphekZ
Mar 3, 2007, 11:22 PM
wow, you're hopeless haha.

EspioKaos
Mar 3, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:19, Rashiid wrote:
um, thats not true.

Pistols? force weapon? no. force can still use em? o ok.

Mag, casts spells, U dont cast spells, IT does. has nothing to do w/ the person using it.

The Madoog channels TECHNICs, just like a wand or rod; the player is still casting it. Quite a few people are under the impression that the Madoog will have a mind of its own, like having an NPC attached to their arm. I doubt this is the case. After all (I'll make the same point I made in another thead), who would want to have a weapon they have no control over? If Madoogs randomly cast TECHNICs whenever they want, I'd never want to use them. SonicTeam, I'm sure, are aware of this, so I doubt they would have this weapon act of its own free will.

Genji
Mar 3, 2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah and a Fortefighter or Fortegunner with the ability to cast TECHNICs would defeat the whole purpose of the Wartecher and Guntecher types.

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 11:28 PM
TECHNIC weapon = it casts techs.

ITS STILL A ROBOT/ANIMAL THING!
does it say "techs come from the user?" no.

it has the techs itself, meaning the person could no NOTHING about techs and still tell it to attack sumthing (similar to a dog, ur just telling it what to do)

yall can feel stupid..................now.

EphekZ
Mar 3, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:27, Genji wrote:
Yeah and a Fortefighter or Fortegunner with the ability to cast TECHNICs would defeat the whole purpose of the Wartecher and Guntecher types.

like I stated before:

why would it be universal when only 3 classes can use techs. that'd kill the point of being a -techer class wouldn't it?

-Ryuki-
Mar 3, 2007, 11:31 PM
If they're basically like the wands, then that would be nifty, but until we get actual confirmation, I disbelieve it.
Also, being the fact that they're left handed weapons, that would mean that you could carry an wand in one hand,
and then the Madoog in the other. That would indeed allow for four spells per slot (as a substitute for rods),
which now that I think about it, would be nice. However, we don't know what it's capable of, correct? Just that
they can cast spells?

EphekZ
Mar 3, 2007, 11:32 PM
Yes, that is true.

EspioKaos
Mar 3, 2007, 11:34 PM
Right. All we know for certain about Madoogs is that they are left-handed TECHNIC-casting weapons. (And we know of four types.) We don't know how many slots they'll have for TECHNICs, though. We'll find out soon, though. The network trial for this game will be starting in the coming months, so we'll find out then.

-Ryuki-
Mar 3, 2007, 11:35 PM
Then.. we'll leave it at that.

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 11:36 PM
^ exactally.

wand in 1 hand, mag in other (well, floating http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

2 spells in wand, unknown about mag (im sure 2-3)

defeating purpose of Rods?

ppl are thinking "well it can be good for WT and GT so its like they hav Rods!"

then whats the point of a fortetecher? WT and GT are HYBRIDS, only pieces of 2 classes, a little bit of both, not all.

face it. it would be very stupid if any techers DID hav these.
when were majic ppl able to tame robots anyway? if anything this would be a hunter weap.

Snickers
Mar 3, 2007, 11:42 PM
Having a wand+madoog combination is a very interesting concept that had escaped me before. I love my cards to death, but there have been times that I wish I had a solid melee weapon in concert with my Resta/Reverser/buffs/debuffs (usually when my friends are going all out and I need to be in the middle of it all with everyone to make sure I don't miss someone).

EphekZ
Mar 3, 2007, 11:46 PM
eh well I'm sure madogs (being that they're left handed) won't be very strong so Rods will still have their place.

Genji
Mar 3, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:28, Rashiid wrote:
it has the techs itself, meaning the person could no NOTHING about techs and still tell it to attack sumthing (similar to a dog, ur just telling it what to do)

If you've ever played Phantasy Star Online, you'd know that MAGs never had the ability to cast TECHs besides Shifta/Deband for Photon Bursts.

So do wands, but do they come with TECHNICs? No. You channel YOUR mental energy into your wand, casting TECHNICs YOU learned, just like EspioKaos said.

Can you read Japanese?

On 2007-03-03 20:36, Rashiid wrote:
defeating purpose of Rods?

ppl are thinking "well it can be good for WT and GT so its like they hav Rods!"

It isn't there to defeat the purpose of a rod. You go and try to use a melee weapon along with a TECHNIC-casting weapon. The most likely purpose of introducing MAGs as a left-handed TECHNIC-casting weapon is to allow Wartechers to arm themselves with both a melee weapon AND a TECHNIC-casting weapon AT THE SAME TIME.

then whats the point of a fortetecher? WT and GT are HYBRIDS, only pieces of 2 classes, a little bit of both, not all.

Wartechers are limited to LV20 TECHNICs, LV10 for Guntechers. I highly doubt Wartechers and Guntechers are stronger than Fortetechers with TECHNICs.

face it. it would be very stupid if any techers DID hav these.

Yeah and it'd be stupid for Fortefighters to have TECHNIC-casting weapons when they clearly can't use TECHNICs period. That's like giving a Force an axe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Genji on 2007-03-03 20:51 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 12:06 AM
I'm just going to agree with Genji, because that's the first I've seen him do that.

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2007, 12:31 AM
On 2007-03-03 20:28, Rashiid wrote:

ITS STILL A ROBOT/ANIMAL THING!

yall can feel stupid..................now.

If I'm not casting it, why is the damage calculated using My TP stat?

GreyWolf360
Mar 4, 2007, 12:38 AM
only technic classes can level up techs....so what good is a technic "weapon" to a hunter or ranger (or fighgunner that matter)that cant level up his/her techs? (spells)

and oh yea...im back~

DoubleK93
Mar 4, 2007, 12:45 AM
anyone have a pic to show us or a video and let it be in English not Japanese or German. TY it is greatly appreciated.

Genji
Mar 4, 2007, 01:04 AM
On 2007-03-03 21:45, DoubleK93 wrote:
anyone have a pic to show us or a video and let it be in English not Japanese or German. TY it is greatly appreciated.

http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/index/screenshots_06_l.jpg

Pengfishh
Mar 4, 2007, 01:10 AM
Neat little animation potential there. A sort of overwrought pokeball type throw. Soniti! I CHOOSE YOU! GIBARTA!!!

Parn
Mar 4, 2007, 01:17 AM
The reskinned Badiras are SADFACE.

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 01:49 AM
On 2007-03-03 22:10, Pengfishh wrote:
Neat little animation potential there. A sort of overwrought pokeball type throw. Soniti! I CHOOSE YOU! GIBARTA!!!

Pokemon <3

Soukosa
Mar 4, 2007, 02:33 AM
Why does everyone call them mags when they aren't mags? They're called madoogs, not fucking mags. Likely they're not simply left handed wands due to animation issues. Also, common sense would say that it would be 2 techs at most since the game doesn't allow for more than two types of attacks for single handed weapons. Further more, why is everyone applying these weapon types to the current classes? You add in new abilities and you'd throw balance out of whack. Very likely they're gonna add in new classes, such as ones extending off of the expert ones. Isn't it obvious that they'll need to keep us busy anyways?

Mio
Mar 4, 2007, 02:37 AM
I really really wish true MAG to be released....

Ether
Mar 4, 2007, 02:40 AM
On 2007-03-03 23:33, Sounomi wrote:
Why does everyone call them mags when they aren't mags? They're called madoogs, not fucking mags

No offense, but you better just give up on this now, people are NEVER going to stop calling them mags, especially when Sega intentionally gives them the exact same models as PSO mags. Plus Madoog is a stupid name

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2007, 02:46 AM
On 2007-03-03 23:37, Mio wrote:
I really really wish true MAG to be released....

It'd be awesome if they released them as an Extra Slot Unit, similar to the SUV Units, but with Photon Blasts ^_____________^ each one could have the one it learned in PSO upon becoming it, these'd be especially nifty as PBs didn't just attack...

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 02:55 AM
On 2007-03-03 23:40, Ether wrote:

Why does everyone call them mags when they aren't mags? They're called madoogs, not fucking mags

No offense, but you better just give up on this now, people are NEVER going to stop calling them mags, especially when Sega intentionally gives them the exact same models as PSO mags. Plus Madoog is a stupid name

Agreed, Ether.

Oh, and Sounomi, everything you've said isn't really common sense, but rather, wishful thinking. Just because YOU want it that way, doesn't mean it'll be that way. Me, I'm just staying neutral. All we know is, is that there's a MAG-like weapon. What we don't know is, is how it works. Now, for someone like yourself to go off and make bold statements about things that you can't even confirm, is out of question.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 4, 2007, 02:57 AM
It's still up to debate on the Wand/Madoog vs. Rod idea. If the Madoog works just like a wand, then this will be a perfect balance.

It's the same concept as a single wand/gun vs. the rod but with, you know, another wand. Now, this Madoog, being like a wand, shouldn't have a huge amount of TAP. Wand/Madoog will give you better mobility while the Rod will have power. It's really a classic debate.

Also, I hope slicers and whips are available to the rangers. . . I love slicers and whips? It sounds good to me.

DurakkenX
Mar 4, 2007, 03:11 AM
You know...if madoogs are left handed tech weapons more than likely they will be S-rank WT weapons and FT A rank weapons. this would make sense because it allows WT to do what it's supposed to and would mean that a Force vs FT isn't such a lame upgrade...every over basic to forte class has a new weapon they can use...why not Force?

further more sounomi... Sega doesn't know how to release content. It releases stuff that should be out later right away and stuff that should be out right away later. Also if i recall according to an interview the max lvl for classes is 20, not 10 and based on what we can imply the max lvl for the game is 200...there for it's not unreasonable to think that thecaps we have right now and the PAs we have right now may be nothing a bit further down the line and some might even be replaced by similliar, but more powerful versions of themselves.

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 03:11 AM
Slicer seems more of a HU class. I just can't classify it as a gun.
It's like a Bow. That's not a gun.

DurakkenX
Mar 4, 2007, 03:30 AM
another thing i forgot to point out is that a left hand wand would provide a way of increasing the power of S/D J/Z etc and actually has plenty of potential since as far as i can see there really is only one or 2 technics per element that is useful

Zorafim
Mar 4, 2007, 03:31 AM
Sounomi, I'm going to harp on you for a bit for no good reason.

Why does everyone call them mags when they aren't mags? They're called madoogs, not fucking mags.

Why does everyone call that animal a cat? They're American blue hairs. People should call them by their real name which is unfamiliar to them and often doesn't make sense.

Likely they're not simply left handed wands due to animation issues.

From what I saw in that picture, the caseal is waving her arm while the mag is casting. It's rather easy to assume that the mags will attack after their user gives a signal. If so, this will solve two of PSO fan's complains, lack of mags and lack of barehanded casting.

Further more, why is everyone applying these weapon types to the current classes? You add in new abilities and you'd throw balance out of whack. Very likely they're gonna add in new classes, such as ones extending off of the expert ones. Isn't it obvious that they'll need to keep us busy anyways?

They're being wishful. There's no reason ST won't release abilities for jobs that are already out, and these would be those abilities. We're calling the mags wartecher weapons because it only makes sense to give that to a wartecher (all other jobs have no use for it at all). We're giving slicers to hunters due to our horrid ranged weapon selection and the fact that slicers are hunter weapons. It is likely that new classes are going to be released, and I hope they do, but there's no reason these classes can't share the weapons that other jobs already have.

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 03:50 AM
Zora's my new bestfriend.

Ledin
Mar 4, 2007, 06:05 AM
Has anybody else considered that the Madoogs might act like an amplifier? Reduce the PP cost, give a TP bonus, raise the level of the TECHNIC, that kind of stuff? As opposed to an actual wand or rod replacement.

Just an idea.

Genji
Mar 4, 2007, 06:21 AM
On 2007-03-04 03:05, Ledin wrote:
Has anybody else considered that the Madoogs might act like an amplifier? Reduce the PP cost, give a TP bonus, raise the level of the TECHNIC, that kind of stuff? As opposed to an actual wand or rod replacement.

Just an idea.

It's a possibility, but it doesn't explain how that female Cast is casting Barta without a wand.

AC9breaker
Mar 4, 2007, 06:53 AM
As a cast I could care less about a left handed casting wep however...

On 2007-02-28 16:43, Sychosis wrote:
If they keep the name Madoog I am so getting one, just so I can ramble on about my Madoogs.

I have to agree, I love saying Madoogs! haha

pso123hrf
Mar 4, 2007, 09:39 AM
Flare anyone?

Hint for the day month year life: ITS JUST A GAME!

Plus im always behind in that game anyway so I most likley won't be able to use anything...

>.>

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 10:03 AM
also, if it did work like a wand, why bother having them? why not just make dual wands instead of going out of the way and making a totally different weapon??

i still believe it will be a universal weapon; being that its really an animal/robot, having its OWN techs, and not a real weapon that UR techs come from.

Sychosis
Mar 4, 2007, 10:09 AM
On 2007-03-04 07:03, Rashiid wrote:
also, if it did work like a wand, why bother having them? why not just make dual wands instead of going out of the way and making a totally different weapon??

For nostalgia really. Seeing as most of them look like MAGs, ST can make a left handed wand while pleasing PSO phans and adding variety. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 10:15 AM
yepp, that sounds like ST alright.......

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 4, 2007, 10:37 AM
Hmm... Well... everyone's saying that they are for only techer classes, doesnt that seem useless?

I'd think that Madoogs are universal to only the Expert Classes, as the TP of every class other then Fortetecher ultimatly stinks, so much so that it can't compete with it.

It would make sence to add techs to all the classes with Madoogs, except the non-Force alined classes will only have Lv1 TECHNICs, much like a Force/Fortetecher with Lv1 only Skills.

Also, being a Wand-like weapon will make it's TP much lesser then that of a Rod of the same grade, so why not put it there on the non-forces? Techs are better than no techs at all.

And If anyone mentions Guntechers only get Lv10 techs so it should be only Force classes, well, haven't you seen the differences in a Lv1 tech to a Lv10, have you?

PS- this is my First post, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 10:42 AM
^ see? im not the only one!

ur already a force, why do u need a force partner/like weapon??

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 10:44 AM
On 2007-03-04 07:37, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
Hmm... Well... everyone's saying that they are for only techer classes, doesnt that seem useless?

No it doesn't seem useless at all. It gives what WarTechers have been screaming for since day one of advanced jobs. And it even gives GunTechers a viable weapon (say wand/mag combo so you can cast all four buffs/debuffs without switching weapons.

I'd think that Madoogs are universal to only the Expert Classes, as the TP of every class other then Fortetecher ultimatly stinks, so much so that it can't compete with it.

Making them universal would be pointless. No other job has a use for them, and even if they could what would be the point of playing hybrid classes then?

It would make sence to add techs to all the classes with Madoogs, except the non-Force alined classes will only have Lv1 TECHNICs, much like a Force/Fortetecher with Lv1 only Skills.

Forte classes being able to self buff would break them.

Also, being a Wand-like weapon will make it's TP much lesser then that of a Rod of the same grade, so why not put it there on the non-forces? Techs are better than no techs at all.

Because other classes shouldn't have techs.

And If anyone mentions Guntechers only get Lv10 techs so it should be only Force classes, well, haven't you seen the differences in a Lv1 tech to a Lv10, have you?

As a Guntecher, yes there is a difference. A level 1 resta and a level 10 resta are two different things. Buffs are really the only thing GunTechers use, but even so there is up to a 20% difference in tech power percent between a level 1 and level 10 tech (i.e. Diga, even if a GunTecher would never Diga spam).

PS- this is my First post, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I'm sorry your first post was an utter failure.

Edited to fix spelling and add the diga example for clarity of what I meant.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-03-04 07:47 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 10:53 AM
Madoogs seem like a 'Fun' weapon, rather for its force-like weapons, thats why i think its universal.

wasnt anyone able to hav on in PSO? i knoe they didnt attack or anything, but hell everyone still had one!

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-03-04 07:53, Rashiid wrote:
Madoogs seem like a 'Fun' weapon, rather for its force-like weapons, thats why i think its universal.

wasnt anyone able to hav on in PSO? i knoe they didnt attack or anything, but hell everyone still had one!

It was basically a piece of armor in PSO.

In this game however, it has been specifically stated that it is a force type weapon, which roughly translates to left handed casting weapon.

Whoever said that they are shaped like MAGs just for nostalgia sake hit the nail on the head.

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 10:58 AM
untill it is released, i still believe it is universal.

why are we fighting over sumthing that we kno only about 2% about just from pretty pictures and a couple fancy japanese latters?

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-03-04 07:58, Rashiid wrote:

why are we fighting over sumthing that we kno only about 2% about just from pretty pictures and a couple fancy japanese latters?

I am 100% sure it will not be usable by all classes. It will be available to tech classes (WarTecher, GunTecher, ForteTecher), and (assuming they do release any) any new Tech type jobs.

We have people who translated the katakana, it said "force type weapon", or something along those lines. We also have pictures, of which it is being used by the left hand.

So we can deduce that it is a left handed casting weapon, which the entirety of the WarTecher population has wanted and needed.

Sychosis
Mar 4, 2007, 11:06 AM
On 2007-03-04 07:37, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

You sir have earned my contempt!

::Takes off glove::
::Slaps Garanz-Baranz with it::

As a Fortetecher I want Resta and Reverser on hand AT ALL TIMES. I would also love to be able to link my techs for maximum damage. A Madoog and Wand combo would allow me to bind Resta + Reverser on my wand, giving me a 4% bonus to Resta, and on my Madoog I would have Megid and Megiverse, giving me an 8% bonus to those two techs.

It would afford me the versatility of having healing techs on hand at all times, while allowing me to maximize my damage potential. Two huge advantages IMO.

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 11:07 AM
1) i never said its not left-handed.

2) theres no proof that the person in the picture is of the force-class

3) who knoes, what if thats a new class that can only use Madoogs?

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 11:10 AM
On 2007-03-04 08:07, Rashiid wrote:
1) i never said its not left-handed.

Never said you didn't. Just proving the point of what it is useful for.

2) theres no proof that the person in the picture is of the force-class

True, but there is no proof showing that they aren't now is there?

3) who knoes, what if thats a new class that can only use Madoogs?

Then you're saying that it would be usable by all classes is a void statement. You just single handedly destroyed your argument on why you think it is universal.

Edited because I am the worlds best speeler.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-03-04 08:11 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 11:17 AM
i still think it is universal, i said 'what if' meaning 'what if im wrong? what if its only a special class?"

you just single-handedly made urself feel stupid.

non-edited because i can speel. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-03-04 08:17, Rashiid wrote:
i still think it is universal, i said 'what if' meaning 'what if im wrong? what if its only a special class?"

you just single-handedly made urself feel stupid.

The point was both statements are wron...

Just never mind, this is like arguing with a five year old. To steal from Mark Twain,

"The problem isn't when we are wrong,
but instead when we know we are right."

non-edited because i can speel. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

There were like 10 typos, or just utterly bad use of the English language, in your last post alone. At least I go out of my way to correct my errors and properly punctuate or use grammatically correct sentence structure.

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 11:29 AM
^ haha, u just said u KNOE ur right!

im sorry, i didnt realize u worked for Sonic Team now.

forget everything i said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 4, 2007, 11:30 AM
>>

I now ultimatly feel insulted...

Can't we all have ideas?

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-03-04 08:29, Rashiid wrote:
^ haha, u just said u KNOE ur right!

im sorry, i didnt realize u worked for Sonic Team now.

forget everything i said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You obviously don't understand the workings of sarcasm...

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-03-04 08:30, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
>>

I now ultimatly feel insulted...

Can't we all have ideas?

its not much as ideas as it is, its already made, and ppl are making ASSUMTIONS of things being released on this expansion

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 4, 2007, 11:55 AM
Right, ok, this topic is too long and stupid, so forgive me if this has already been said:

It is a left-handed tech weapon. It would be utterly daft if any class other than WT, GT, and fT can use it. There is likely to be almost no point for a fT to use it, since they already have rods. In my opinion, it would make the most sense to have them hold only one tech each. This is still exceptionally good (Resta on every action pallette slot for a WT? Yes, please.). If they hold two techs each, they will, in my opinion, be almost too good, unless they add very, very little TP (even then, a WT could have all 4 buffs on one pallette slot, which is a very interesting possibility).

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 4, 2007, 12:02 PM
This gives the possibility of dual-welding wand-type weapons. I would love for this to come out since I'm not fond of rods at all. This would give me the chance to have more PP in my hands with faster cast time vs a rod http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

foamcup
Mar 4, 2007, 02:27 PM

We're fighting over it because you keep coming back in here and instigating it. Go jump in front of a truck on the interstate and we'll all be a lot happier.

I say everyone needs to chill until we find out more about this new thing.

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 02:30 PM
On 2007-03-04 11:27, foamcup wrote:

We're fighting over it because you keep coming back in here and instigating it. Go jump in front of a truck on the interstate and we'll all be a lot happier.

I say everyone needs to chill until we find out more about this new thing.

how far was this topic at the bottom and ur telling me im instigating? yeah ok stfu and come back w/ sum sense.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 4, 2007, 02:34 PM
Good lord, Rashiid, just shut the hell up already.

There is no reason any class other than WT, GT, fT, or maybe Force would have the weapon. It would break the game so much that it isn't even funny. Now, ST is stupid and makes some decisions that don't always make sense, but so far PSU has been pretty well balanced (at least in comparison to PSO [lol, RAmarl]). Letting all classes use this would be utterly retarded, and I guarantee you that it will not happen.

It will most likely be a A and above only weapon (like claws, axes, etc.), and I think the same about slicers and whips. As A and above only weapons, I'm betting only WT, GT, and possibly fT will get them. I could be wrong now, but I don't think so.

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 02:37 PM
kids...ok, ill leave this post.

daddyX
Mar 4, 2007, 04:41 PM
the idea of non-Tech classes getting Tech casting weapons is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. the main point is to give some support to guntechers and mostly wartechers. these weapons were made specifically for wartechers because currently they are unable to pair up technics and melee.

lets just say hypothetically that these madoogs ARE available for all classes. since most classes cant even cast Techs this would mean that the mags have there own techs and stats making your TP (and class) completely irrelivant. this would make the hybrid force classes completely pointless. why be a wartecher when you could be a fighgunner, have more s ranks and better melee and ranged skills and still be able to heal yourself with your floating pokeball? or why be a guntecher over a fortegunner? its the same thing, you get better stats more s rank weapons and also the ability to heal yourself. this would make the game incredibly imbalanced.

i fail to see how some of you think that all classes should get access to these clearly TECHNIC based weapons. you wouldnt want fortefighters to get crossbows would you? nor would you want guntechers to get access to claws. would it make sense? No. while i understand Sega makes a lot of silly decisions regarding updates, styles, and security, they do seem to be good at keep their character classes diverse and balanced. the ability for any class to use technics would be one of the biggest mistakes in PS history and would completey steal the uniqueness of classes that are Force based.

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 06:34 PM
Let's all just give each other a big group hug.

So that I can take a picture, and then nuke you guys with some YoYo's right after.

It's all a part of my devious plan~ >:E

Weakness
Mar 5, 2007, 02:46 AM
On 2007-03-04 11:37, Rashiid wrote:
kids...ok, ill leave this post.

Thank god.

I believe if some of this people had a gun (myself included), Darwinism would have to take place. Survival of the fittest... or in this case, the ones with common sense.

Duelle
Mar 5, 2007, 09:34 AM
I'm suprised that no one's mentioned elemental bonuses yet(though this thread turned hard to read fast so maybe I missed it). With a wand in one had with Diga/Radiga and a madoog with foie/rafoie you could have a(albiet smaller) bonus for both elements. The numbers may or may not add up to be as worthy as if you used a rod and had no bonus, but there's a certain possiblitly for some added cool factor.

-O.W.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-03-03 20:51, Genji wrote:

Wartechers are limited to LV20 TECHNICs, LV10 for Guntechers. I highly doubt Wartechers and Guntechers are stronger than Fortetechers with TECHNICs.

Don't forget that fighgunners are the only ones with access to double sabers and S rank sabers/twin sabers.

Why can't wartecher or guntecher have their own exlusive S rank weps?

Spellbinder
Mar 5, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-03-05 06:45, omegapirate2k wrote:

Don't forget that fighgunners are the only ones with access to double sabers and S rank sabers/twin sabers.

An exclusive S Rank weapon for a skill they can't even max seems a bit farfetched.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 10:55 AM
On 2007-03-05 07:53, Spellbinder wrote:

On 2007-03-05 06:45, omegapirate2k wrote:

An exclusive S Rank weapon for a skill they can't even max seems a bit farfetched.

What's even more farfetched is somebody saying non techer classes should get them too.