PDA

View Full Version : Areas in the expansion=win.

Niered
Mar 3, 2007, 11:07 PM
So when I originally got PSU in October, i played through the story mode before playing online. Now one thing that made me giddy with delight, and then eventually crush that, was Melvore.

Y'see, when they introduce the abandoned city of Melvore in the cutscene, you see Maya, Karen, and Ethan in a cockpit flying over a GIANT ABANDONED GHOST TOWN. Which to me sounded like the coolest environment ever, because every other area in PSU is a claustrophobic series of corridors, and the idea that wed get this giant sprawling cityscape to explore and fight swaths of inhabiting creatures sounded awesome.

So you can imagine my disapointment when i find myself running through a convoluted power grid with really nothing interesting, when right above me there is an awesome city.

And then I saw this photo on the frontpage:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/news/03-02-07/psu-illuminus-screenshot-04.jpg

Now most people that saw this screenshot went "Ooh! PHOTON WHIPS! =D" and dont get me wrong, photon whips are indeed quite awesome, but look CLOSER. At the environment!

Thats an abandoned city if I ever saw one! Even if its not Mellvore, I DONT CARE! Its still one of the biggest things im looking forward too.

Anywho, apart from the obvious PSO areas, what would you guys like to see come with the expansion?

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 11:09 PM
i wanna see *cuts out*

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136118&forum=20&476

Miyoko
Mar 3, 2007, 11:10 PM
I wanna see someplace with rain... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EspioKaos
Mar 3, 2007, 11:19 PM
I felt the same way, Niered. I was hoping that Mellvore would be an aboveground city area. I wasn't expecting it to be condensed into the seabed labs under the city. At least with Ambition of Illuminus we'll get to run wild in the streets of the destroyed city of Rozenom! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Turambar
Mar 3, 2007, 11:19 PM
Well, we already get to run through the ruins underneath Melvore. It only makes sense that we get to fight above it finally.

EspioKaos
Mar 3, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:19, Turambar wrote:
Well, we already get to run through the ruins underneath Melvore. It only makes sense that we get to fight above it finally.

Except this isn't Mellvore. According to the recent Famitsu article where most of our Ambition of Illuminus information has been gathered, this is actually the remnants of Rozenom City. (Sorry to nitpick. Just clearing things up some. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-03-03 20:27 ]</font>

Shinzakura
Mar 3, 2007, 11:32 PM
Actually, I'd like to see some of the following:

- Arctic tundra areas (that lobby at Moatoob has to go somewhere....)
- Savannah grasslands (similar to those in Africa) where monsters can pop out any moment and you see only the largest ones from a distance
- A river basin (as in a mission in one) where you'd have to fight your way down (or up) the river to get to the goal. The area can look like the Amazon, or a river canyon on Parum. For a challenge on this, you'd have to navigate your way around whitewater as well.
- Lunar landscape. There's got to be moons, asteroids and planetoids around which we could run. The Guardians can issue some sort of life support unit which lets you move around safely in a vaccuum, but that's about it.

Those are just some of my ideas.

Shinzakura
Mar 3, 2007, 11:34 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:27, EspioKaos wrote:

Except this isn't Mellvore. According to the recent Famitsu article where most of our Ambition of Illuminus information has been gathered, this is actually the remnants of Rozenom City. (Sorry to nitpick. Just clearing things up some. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif)

I suspect the location team will take the easy way out and call it Mellvore. No hard evidence for this, just a hunch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shinzakura on 2007-03-04 17:11 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2007, 01:04 AM
I hope we get Seabed and CCA from PSO Ep2, they were so cool, the dark flooded corridors of Seabed were easily one of the coolest level designs I've seen, and Central Control, with the misty fog and stormy sky, it seemed so forboding...

Para
Mar 4, 2007, 01:19 AM
That hairstyle = win.

Zorafim
Mar 4, 2007, 03:11 AM
Zorafim wants an underwater level! With, like, fish and stuff.

Fuji
Mar 4, 2007, 03:27 AM
I agree with Niered, a giant abandoned ghost down area would be reaally cool to explore. I mean dont get me wrong the places we have now are nice but that seems just like a really good idea. Maybe throw in some rogues or like Doppleganger-esque creatures and it could be one badass area.

If I could make an area I'd probably want one kinda like an abandoned temple ruins, kinda like the one from Ep.2 but a little more focused on the temple aspect and maybe less of those puzzle things. Something about like an ancient ruins field sounds really fun to me and monsters that reflect the ruins instead of just older monsters from previous stages like in Ep.2

VanHalen
Mar 4, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:27, EspioKaos wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-03-03 20:27 ]</font>

Dang Parum is a screwed up planet every city is destroyed except Holtes?

Jakosifer
Mar 4, 2007, 03:58 PM
Yea Holtes is the only habitable city on that planet. I believe.

EspioKaos
Mar 4, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-03-04 12:58, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Yea Holtes is the only habitable city on that planet. I believe.

Don't forget Tarcus City, the capital of Parum. There's also the new city that will be opened to players when Ambition comes out. (Unless that's Tarcus.) As it currently stands, Rozenom City is still around. Apparently something will happen to it either in an upcoming story mission or during the story mode of Ambition of Illuminus.

Jakosifer
Mar 4, 2007, 04:21 PM
Is that new city that was shown on Parum? It looked kind of Neudaiz'ish to me.

Esufer
Mar 4, 2007, 05:36 PM
Environments? I'd like a more wrecked HIVE.

Like one that's been shot to pieces by the AMF, and you have to go into the ruins to clean it up.

Emrald
Mar 4, 2007, 06:35 PM
I could just see that

BILLY HAND ME MY DUST PAN AND BROOM

BUT FRAGLOVER91210 THERES A DELSABER

A WHAT?

HAVEN'T YOU PLAYED PSO?

WHAT'S THAT?

.... *quits mission*

EspioKaos
Mar 4, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-03-04 13:21, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Is that new city that was shown on Parum? It looked kind of Neudaiz'ish to me.

The beach front city? Yeah, that one's on Parum. The temple is on Neudaiz.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 4, 2007, 07:12 PM
The areas seem to be "unique" o.o~ no more similar maps huh?~

Emrald
Mar 4, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-03-04 16:12, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

pray god that statement is correct

DoubleJG
Mar 4, 2007, 10:15 PM
The expansion will hopefully be enough to bring deadweight players such as myself back.

Those new areas are definately looking very, very nice. And ofcourse, we all saw the Forest remake was bound to happen...

VanHalen
Mar 4, 2007, 10:24 PM
On 2007-03-04 16:15, coolcat33333 wrote:

On 2007-03-04 16:12, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

pray god that statement is correct

Of course its not. You see this place two times before you get to another map that looks different.

Though as a joke I would like to see Raffon fields destroyed but with the same cheery song.(I don't care I like that song alot)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-03-04 19:26 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 4, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'm waiting for a volcano level.

Lava = Win.

A2K
Mar 4, 2007, 11:45 PM
On 2007-03-03 20:34, Shinzakura wrote:
I suspect the location team will take the easy way out and call it Mellvore. No hard evidence for this, just a hunch.

Er, why? Rozenom is already mentioned several times offline. Allegedly it was a place where many scientific minds gathered, and during chapter 4(?), the items Ethan and company were guarding were on their way there on a train called "Rozenom Line Milate 04".

Esufer
Mar 5, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-03-04 15:35, coolcat33333 wrote:
I could just see that

BILLY HAND ME MY DUST PAN AND BROOM

BUT FRAGLOVER91210 THERES A DELSABER

A WHAT?

HAVEN'T YOU PLAYED PSO?

WHAT'S THAT?

.... *quits mission*

I didn't mean that. I meant clean up whatever survives. Duuuh.

Natrokos
Mar 5, 2007, 02:06 PM
I really want to see new enemy types personally....Not different variants of older ones. That hairstyle on that photon whip user was cute.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 5, 2007, 02:13 PM
On 2007-03-05 11:13, CyarVictor wrote:
Anyone noticed the back ground with the humar clothing picture=Ragol anybody?

Welcome to last week.

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 02:13 PM

Esufer
Mar 5, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-03-05 11:13, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-03-05 11:13, CyarVictor wrote:

Welcome to last week.

lolocaust.

Cz
Mar 5, 2007, 02:14 PM
beside the new areas, they need to bring back those awesome music that makes PSO so dark and cool to play. I hope the music isnt gonna be so hyper and happy-like music on PSU. I hardly listen to any of PSU music cause it just doesnt catch my attention. PSO music was awesome and ep.4 music just own. I remember when i first met a Kondrieu in PSOBB, the music just move me and i love it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif But now on PSU, the music is kinda...well...not that good. I think the only good music is Dulk Falkis battle theme, other than that most of PSU music are lame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-03-05 11:16 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 02:16 PM
Yep, the boss music should make a comeback from PSO like Gal-gryphon and Olga Flow.

Niered
Mar 5, 2007, 02:47 PM
My opinion on the music in PSU is that because PSU is much faster paced than PSO ever was, the music must be as well, so I dont mind it. However, if they were to introduce more "endurance" type areas (areas that are long like the caves) then they would need to revert there music back to its original style.

ShinMaruku
Mar 5, 2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkc_Myyye20
This is full of win.

VanHalen
Mar 5, 2007, 03:48 PM
*raises hand for a question* Shinmaruku? Why does Magneto refer to himself in the 3rd person?