PDA

View Full Version : noszonde or nosmegid?

jayster
Mar 3, 2007, 11:29 PM
I have nosdiga right now and want to buy another ult pa. I was going to buy megid but I hear it cost a lot of pp and rarely ever kills anything, even at 21.. Should I spend 50 pa frags to buy noszonde or should I save another 25 to buy nosmegid? What's the difference in the 2 to make nosmegid worth 25 more besides one being dark and the other lightning?

Also what about megireverse? I played with one guy who had it and he said it drained his staff worse then dambarta and only gave him back like 5 hp each time it restored..

Rashiid
Mar 3, 2007, 11:30 PM
Megiverse! lub that spell.

McLaughlin
Mar 3, 2007, 11:49 PM
I'd have to vote on Megiverse as well, as that's the only one I have any experience with. It's all four buffs in one spell.

Proff
Mar 4, 2007, 02:48 AM
Doesn't Megiverse only work on the caster though? Good for solo'ing I guess.

Ether
Mar 4, 2007, 02:51 AM
Megiverse is NOT THE BUFF TECHNIC, its an aoe that drains hp from enemies and gives it to you. Bugs use it a lot

The 4 buff technic is called Megistar and not released yet, even on the JP servers

PMB960
Mar 4, 2007, 02:59 AM
I say noszonde. I played the newest party missions and it absolutely dominates Dimmagolus and Onmagoug. It really is useful for bringing down any flying enemy.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 03:49 AM
I say nosmegid. If you wanna add variety into your attacks, this is the way to go. Noszonde shocks...you already have 3 other techs that can do this. Nosmegid is entirely new, and it has an SE that's not quite like any other tech you'll get. "HP affects pwr". Less HP, more damage, in a nutshell. Good desperation attack, even at this low level. My HP was yellow when I used it, and its power shot up a good 10-15%. I'll level this one tomorrow, and let you know how much more effective it is, xD.

imfanboy
Mar 4, 2007, 04:20 AM
The main problem with nosmegid is that most fortetechers run close to the ragged edge of death as it is, with full HP.

I'm actually considering nosmegid for my wartecher, seeing as how she can DEFINITELY survive a lot of stuff even when in the yellow HP, but for a fortetecher? Oh, man, that just sounds a bit too risky.

Not that I know anything about the techs; I'm trying to decide whether I want to pick nosdiga for my parttime fortetecher or just stick with what she's got.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 04:24 AM
Heheh...I guess you're right about that. But still, it could come in handy. It'd be SICK to see a fortetecher tearing rooms apart with it at low hp. But yeah...I normally don't let myself get that low, lol.

My vote is still on nosmegid. =P

jayster
Mar 4, 2007, 09:48 AM
Wait so nosmegid gives you a restore effect also? And your saying it only works when your in the yellow bar?

pokefiend
Mar 4, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-03-04 06:48, jayster wrote:
Wait so nosmegid gives you a restore effect also? And your saying it only works when your in the yellow bar?

no actually the technic is really called megiverse. Their just a bit retard'd today, I guess. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 4, 2007, 11:55 AM
MegiStar is the single Buff technic that buffs all at once.

NosZonde and Nos Megid is hard to cast unless you figure out the tricks behind them. What I discovered is that you don't really need to hold the buttons while casting. You just press once and try to press the button again to keep casting.

The thing is, these homing technics will circle around their target once before capable of self-destructing. So... basically you can rapidly press the attacks and keep getting hits fast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

NosZonde homes in with a spirally in it's horizontal tilted axis while NosMegid homes in with a vertical axis. They are both similar so which ever you choose will basically be up against the element you like.~

Nosmegid has a desperation attempt to gain more damage and Noszonde has shock. I might say go for Nosmegid as well though since it's something new.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-04 09:13 ]</font>

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 11:55 AM
No, we were talking about nosmegid. It's a homing projectile that gets more powerful the lower your HP is.

Sexy_Raine
Mar 4, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-03-03 23:59, PMB960 wrote:
I say noszonde. I played the newest party missions and it absolutely dominates Dimmagolus and Onmagoug. It really is useful for bringing down any flying enemy.

Yeah, you was with me yesterday. I have noszonde and it's pretty good, but takes practice to use. I will try Nosdiga soon.

pso123hrf
Mar 4, 2007, 11:12 PM
In my opinion, I say don't get the 1 with 4 buffz dark spell because you can do all of that with 1 ROD and do it to 6 otherz.

0_o Night night

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 4, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-03-04 20:12, pso123hrf wrote:
In my opinion, I say don't get the 1 with 4 buffz dark spell because you can do all of that with 1 ROD and do it to 6 otherz.

0_o Night night

It's not out yet for NA XD~
It's called Megistar *the technic you're referring to.

Megiverse is the life-sucking technic that is currently out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-04 20:15 ]</font>

Umberger
Mar 4, 2007, 11:14 PM
Why does everyone keep saying stuff about Megistar?

McLaughlin
Mar 4, 2007, 11:28 PM
On 2007-03-03 23:51, Ether wrote:
Megiverse is NOT THE BUFF TECHNIC, its an aoe that drains hp from enemies and gives it to you. Bugs use it a lot

The 4 buff technic is called Megistar and not released yet, even on the JP servers

Ah. Didn't know that. I'd still have to say Megiverse though.

omegapirate2k
Mar 4, 2007, 11:29 PM
If I were you, I'd give omegapirate all your meseta.

Buuuut, Im not you, so go with Noszonde.

A2K
Mar 4, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-03-03 23:48, Proff wrote:
Doesn't Megiverse only work on the caster though?

He was just thinking of Megistar instead, but, actually, this question is still valid: this technic only heals yourself, doesn't it? Or does it heal nearby allies as well?

Fulgore
Mar 5, 2007, 12:44 AM
I'd have to say go with Noszonde if your unsure what you want. Mainly cuz it looks cool, homes in on the enemy, and is only 50 PA frags, compared to 99 for Megid, ouch! But then again if I could have gotten Megid I would have http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JC10001
Mar 5, 2007, 08:13 PM
Wait a minute! Noszonde brings down Onmagoug? In one hit? Can nosmegid do that?

What's better to bring down Onmagoug...noszonde, nosmegid, or a bow?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JC10001 on 2007-03-05 17:14 ]</font>

Chaobo99
Mar 5, 2007, 08:15 PM
So does nosmegit fly up and hit flying monsters like how nosuzonde can hit onmagoug?

jayster
Mar 5, 2007, 10:20 PM
Alright I bought noszonde so now I'm saving up to buy megireverse.... 73 more PA's.... Looks like I have a nice little journey ahead of me...

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 5, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-03-05 17:13, JC10001 wrote:
Wait a minute! Noszonde brings down Onmagoug? In one hit? Can nosmegid do that?

What's better to bring down Onmagoug...noszonde, nosmegid, or a bow?

NosZonde is capable of bringing down Onmagoug but not in one hit.

Which ever one does more damage than the other. They are preferably the same, but I would reccomend NosZonde since it's faster.

On 2007-03-05 17:15, Chaobo99 wrote:
So does nosmegit fly up and hit flying monsters like how nosuzonde can hit onmagoug?

Yes.