PDA

View Full Version : online etiquette

LoopBeatstalker
Mar 4, 2007, 12:13 AM
with this game and some recent posts i've noticed some people are rather particular about other people and their playing habits.

me...well i always play solo cause i just dig kicking it hermit styles...i hardly get to play with cool people on the 360...

so for the benefit of many new people joining this game (and some of the other sociopaths) what do you expect out of your team members?
damage output?
the right time and right enemies to knock back?
spells you expect out of a force and which ones annoy you? (that screeneater dambarta bugs the hell out of me)

i personally don't care how other people play and honestly who's place is it to come down on other people for enjoying a video game?
but...i haven't seen any guides or anything governing the laws and taboo's of psu anywhere to keep people from mysteriously getting booted from parties...

i'm sure we could all learn from each others points of view!

Eliash
Mar 4, 2007, 12:30 AM
The only solution that will always work 100% for never getting booted out of game.

Form the group yourself, now you may have an issue when people want you to pass the party leader to someone with higher luck...what you do then is your choice.

Personally, I only care about 1 thing in a person...they are not annoying and/or rude. If you pass that test the only other thing that may get me annoyed is if the player constantly does something stupid...(Force trying to melee, running around doing nothing but opening boxes throughout the whole mission while others are activly fighting)

I don't appreciate it when people try telling others how to play as well, unless they try to guide them in a nice/friendly manner.

Shinzakura
Mar 4, 2007, 12:53 AM
Me? I expect them to not be asshats - seen too many people who join a game and then go item hunting while the rest of the team is getting its ass kicked, for example.

It helps that everyone's friendly, but it's not required; on the other hand, if you've got a team where you know there's bad blood between members, that's going to spell instant problems like there's no tomorrow.

JaiBlue
Mar 4, 2007, 01:02 AM
Also if your going to be a leader, act like one, I can't stand being in partys when leaders are striped of their athorithy by some other person who claims to know whats best for the party.
Don't be afraid to stand against anything you don't find reasonable. oh and btw:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME WOOT IT'S OFFICALLY MY 19TH BIRTHDAY!!!! ^_^

egn56
Mar 4, 2007, 01:04 AM
For me the only issue I have are people who are as everyone has said is plain rude. People who try to abuse force members (I myself am not, but I hate when people blame something on the force, especially in bruce.) People who afk constantly lastly people who insult others.

Another thing that bugs me is the fact that lvl60-70 think they can determine who is noob or not? Or people who are lvl 40-50 will do this. I was playing as my alt, I join a mission and the leader some lvl 36 goes no noobs allowed and kicks me. I was baffled, so I wanted to see what would happen so I switch to my main come back he doesn't kick me. Only time I would think of kicking for lvl is if the party has 5 50's and 1 like 20 and we want to swtich mission and the 20 wont leave.

Oh yea race and class kicking is also stupid, calling someone a noob for choosing a certain race or cast and kicking them than just makes you more of a noob no matter what you say to back it up.

Oh and on the matter of bruce, who cares how many times you got s on it before, and what you do with your "usual party", because most likely the other members have gotten s too (hell it could be their usual party and one member is missing), in bruce the one with bruce should make the plan, since usually you fail cause bruce dies and than blame it on them, so at least let them have a chance to make a winning plan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: egn56 on 2007-03-03 22:06 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Mar 4, 2007, 03:36 AM
I'm not too particular about who joins my groups. Only thing I don't tolerate are dickheads and douche bags. You can be a figunner and never use a melee weapon, you can be force and never use a spell, I don't care. How you play is your decision. But if your a dick, /boot.

DurakkenX
Mar 4, 2007, 03:38 AM
the first rule of online etiquette is do not ask about online etiquette

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 04:13 AM
I really don't care how good you are, how many times you do or don't die, how fast you can kill Dulk Fakis, etc. If you're a dick/douchebag/TOTAL ASSHOLE, then that's something I will not accept in parties that I'm in. And I think most people can understand where I'm coming from. This is a GAME...game's are supposed to be FUN. If any of you have played with me before, you'll all notice that I mess around, tell some dirty jokes alongside with my friends (cuz my friends are pervs, lol), and all in all, just try to have a good time. I DO NOT appreciate the people who come in and disrupt that.

What do I mean?
-People who trip out over someone who dies without scapes. (Tight ass)
-People who think they're so much better than everyone else. (Arrogant prick)
-People who just put their teammates down and insult them, because they think it's funny. (Asshole)

Those kinds of characteristics are really not acceptable in real life. So, my advice to you, if you wanna, you know, enjoy this game, stay away from those people.

All other behavior is perfectly fine, and I'd welcome you into my party, xD.

VanHalen
Mar 4, 2007, 04:42 AM
I act the same way in this game as I would in real life. I would say some crazy things but I'm not gonna use "OMG INTERNET I CAN ACT ANYWAY I WANT NOW!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif " as a way to present myself online or in real life.

Krans
Mar 4, 2007, 07:35 AM
I'm pretty tolerant but for S runs (if its our party) we try to demand two things:
1) Scape Dolls (unless hive or something)
2) Since we play Set in Order, no junk rares and items

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 08:17 AM
I'm like the rest of the people here, just don't be an asshole and I am happy.

I don't care what items you pick up, I don't care what weapons you choose to use, I don't care what job you are. Hell I will even buff if you don't want to Mr. Lazy Force, if I am on my GunTecher.

The only thing that really bugs me, and in turn makes me become an elitest asshole, is when people don't understand party tactics.

No, do not use Tornado Dance as your sole PA... it is obnoxious, I am ranger I don't get to lock onto stuff like you, don't spread stuff across the room where nobody else can touch it. Knock up/down/back is fine and all when you know how to use it. Such as using a grenade launcher on a big enemy so they can't attack, knocking a sorcerer from the HIVE on the ground with a PA, and etc.

But for the love of god, I swear I will boot whoever joins my party and expects to be able to use Tornado Dance like there is no tomorrow. You get one warning, if you don't stop spamming uselessly or switch PA's you will get the boot.

If you are spamming a Jarba against a wall or something, cool beans you know who to use it. If you run into a room with 5 small enemies and spam, you are a retard.

/End rant about Tornado Dance.

Miyoko
Mar 4, 2007, 09:01 AM
I tend to be pretty leniant with the type of people who join my groups... I have don't have an expectation on damage output or anything -- If they can do it well, great, if not, then I'm not going to make a big deal about it.

The one thing that -really- irks me, however, is playing with 'cowboys'. I can't stand playing with them -- the type of people who just ditches the team, never waits for anyone, and runs off and does their own thing. That's how people die, and it's inefficient (not to mention just plain rude).

Kirip-san
Mar 4, 2007, 09:01 AM
Don't attack others for what kind of character they're playing, and not being an asshole = I'm happy~nyo.

As long as you're doing something in a party, I don't care how you attack~nyo XD. And I don't care if you have a 1* weapon or 1* armor of the opposite element, as long as you're doing something I'm good~nyo.

Hint: Going in to take items onry doesn't qualify as doing something~nyo. >.>

Also, grab whatever you want in set in order, since when the item drops, it's destined for a person~nyo. =x
It's fun to drop items~nyo. >.>;;

Sylpheed
Mar 4, 2007, 09:08 AM
On 2007-03-04 05:17, Weakness wrote:
I'm like the rest of the people here, just don't be an asshole and I am happy.

I don't care what items you pick up, I don't care what weapons you choose to use, I don't care what job you are. Hell I will even buff if you don't want to Mr. Lazy Force, if I am on my GunTecher.

The only thing that really bugs me, and in turn makes me become an elitest asshole, is when people don't understand party tactics.

No, do not use Tornado Dance as your sole PA... it is obnoxious, I am ranger I don't get to lock onto stuff like you, don't spread stuff across the room where nobody else can touch it. Knock up/down/back is fine and all when you know how to use it. Such as using a grenade launcher on a big enemy so they can't attack, knocking a sorcerer from the HIVE on the ground with a PA, and etc.

But for the love of god, I swear I will boot whoever joins my party and expects to be able to use Tornado Dance like there is no tomorrow. You get one warning, if you don't stop spamming uselessly or switch PA's you will get the boot.

If you are spamming a Jarba against a wall or something, cool beans you know who to use it. If you run into a room with 5 small enemies and spam, you are a retard.

/End rant about Tornado Dance.

THANK YOU! you just said pretty much the exact same thing i was,im not the only one who hates tht dam PA

Daremo
Mar 4, 2007, 10:45 AM
How many people here on Xbox actually use the feedback system? Not sure that it matters, but it least if you give them negative feedback you will be less likely to see them in other matchmaking games on Xbox live.

Golto
Mar 4, 2007, 11:23 AM
Its pretty easy to foil item hunters play with item settings on Set In Order. I get kinda irked when ForteTechers don't resta AT ALL in S-rank missions. Or when non-forces run around areas wearing the noob armor Sori-senba against S-rank Gaozorans and expect to be spam healed when I play as my FT.

Rashiid
Mar 4, 2007, 11:28 AM
as long as we finish the mission, idc.

MajinSephirot
Mar 4, 2007, 12:12 PM
I ran into the first two assholes yesterday in uni 2. I do not see why my nickname has to spark so much hatred in people. I understand a lot of people hate "fanboys" but why can't you just keep it to yourself?

These two guys yesterday were discussing up until the moment me and my team walked into the between missions area and they instantly started talking about my nickname and how they thought it was gay and instantly called me gay for using it. If people can't get over a nickname, I dont see a reason to keep them off a black list.

I try to be nice to everyone I meet, but it seems to get harder when people like that are around.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 12:18 PM
Heheh, that sucks man. They're being "namists", lol. Just ignore jerks like them. Don't let something like that ruin your experience.

At least people don't think you're a girl when they join your parties only to find out that you're just some little boy with a staff in his hand...xD

-Rune-
Mar 4, 2007, 12:19 PM
Hello everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Anywho I dun run requirements in my party unless people are just really REALLY jerks to people. I generally hate really serious people as well, because I love to joke and have fun in a party. It's a game with nothing to get "serious" about.

Majin? Sorry I didn't meet up with you before I have been working ALOT lately. What's your nickname, if you meet them again send me a mail and I'll come to fend them off xD

-Rune-
Mar 4, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:18, Hikaru-san wrote:
Heheh, that sucks man. They're being "namists", lol. Just ignore jerks like them. Don't let something like that ruin your experience.

At least people don't think you're a girl when they join your parties only to find out that you're just some little boy with a staff in his hand...xD

lol um... xD Staff in your hand.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:19, -Rune- wrote:
Hello everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Anywho I dun run requirements in my party unless people are just really REALLY jerks to people. I generally hate really serious people as well, because I love to joke and have fun in a party. It's a game with nothing to get "serious" about.

You're awesome...we should play a game together sometime. =P

Callous
Mar 4, 2007, 12:26 PM
On 2007-03-04 00:36, AC9breaker wrote:
I'm not too particular about who joins my groups. Only thing I don't tolerate are dickheads and douche bags. You can be a figunner and never use a melee weapon, you can be force and never use a spell, I don't care. How you play is your decision. But if your a dick, /boot.

See this should be the example we all follow.

-Rune-
Mar 4, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:20, Hikaru-san wrote:

Of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'm usually seen on Uni 7 or crafting in my room. Just do a search for Rune, you'll either find my Caseal or Beastwoman room http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I won't be on til late tonight though to exchange cards.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:26, Callous wrote:

On 2007-03-04 00:36, AC9breaker wrote:

See this should be the example we all follow.

I second that.

[Edit]: Errrmmm, I mean, I "third" that. xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-03-04 09:28 ]</font>

MajinSephirot
Mar 4, 2007, 12:29 PM
Heh Rune, I've been in your rooms a lot looking for you, never seem to run into you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Can't really call you to fend them off till I can give you my card http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Rune-
Mar 4, 2007, 12:34 PM
Yea i know work has been really hectic lately :/ I'm working 7 days straight. Also the only reason I wouldn't be go on a party is if there's certain things that need to be done. Example being, the other day I joined a party with friends on day after update. We went to 2nd HIVE area and I noticed everyone was a fighgunner. It was going to be an S-Rank run and I was curious to know what MP and meseta rewards would be S-ranked. I simply told people who joined it prolly wouldn't work too well or take pretty long.

3 people understood and simply left on their own and we waited around for more suitable classes for the mission. I think there's a certain way people need to communicate in a party to avoid problems before they happen. :3 <3

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:27, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-03-04 09:20, Hikaru-san wrote:

Of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'm usually seen on Uni 7 or crafting in my room. Just do a search for Rune, you'll either find my Caseal or Beastwoman room http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I won't be on til late tonight though to exchange cards.

Oh shoot, what platform though? I'm on PC/PS2 (I'm on a PS2, so I can NEVER play Bruce, xD).

[Edit]: It's clearly obvious you're on PC/PS2, since you have picture, lol. I iz teh stupid...xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-03-04 09:36 ]</font>

Mattardo
Mar 4, 2007, 12:36 PM
Try not to be a cowboy, like a previous poster stated, and run ahead of the group. I don't care what the reasons are, I have a hotkey to warn people to stay with the group. Second time they run off in their little impatient way, I kick them. When I play as a force and buff people, 1 or 2 usually don't bother and run ahead and start killing. That irks me and results in a kick sooner or later. Why? Being buffed is an advantage any way you look at it, whether your buff is level 2 or level 19. Running off on your own, weaker than you could be, is stupid. And it annoys people who get buffed and miss out on exp. 2nd: people who don't like the fact that I have pms and npcs on my team, even on S! I play Linear Line for PA frags lately, and not ONCE have my pms and npcs died - ever. Everyone else around me? They die. They leave the party midgame, or are afk for 10 minutes. My pm and npc? Always by my side. When someone whines that they wish I kick my pm/npc to make room for someone else, I usually have to ask myself "will this moron abandon this mission in the middle? Will they be a liability?" So I usually end up kicking the human when they don't shut up. 3rd: people who want a taxi ride in a set to order game. Do they realize that not only are they leeching off of my progress, they are also getting mesata and items that I'm earning for them while they hang around the 1st transport cube? MAybe they realize it when they are kicked. 4: People who whine when they get a "crap" rare. Must be nice to get everything one wants ALL the time. Wah. They don't last long in my games. 5: you should listen to the leader of the party? What if they ask you to lay down on the floor for 5 minutes and shout "lolz" over and over? Do it. You don't like it, go find another party or start your own where you can make your own questionable decisions. 6: Don't whine about the techniques other people use, unless your the leader and your a pompous ass. You don't like someone using Dambarta? Oh well, they're probably outputting more damage than you are to multiple monsters at a time. What's not to like? 7: For God's sake people, let people load their weapons and spells and techs at the beginning of each block. It can save you from dieing. 8: insults concerning PA levels are ridiculous, especially when followed by "if you were a beast..." Shuddup. 8: spamming things over and over and over and over (I'm talking about words, not tornado break - which is a very useful and damaging PA, despite what bad aimers whine about it) results in a kick. 9: speed is not everything. If the mission is not going as fast as you and your usualy party are used to, and people aren't doing exactly the same tactics as you're used to - try to adapt and not be a prick about it. There's a point where being efficient becomes a grind, and the fun is no longer there. 10: Die all you want, though on the pc/ps2 version, you really have no excuse if you own a shop and can sell photons and can afford some scapes. If you die because you ran ahead of the group and insanely assaulted a mob of monsters all by your lonesome, well, that leads to various menu adjustment in the party member section. There's more, but I don't have the time.

DurakkenX
Mar 4, 2007, 12:43 PM
I'm blunt when you do something I don't like. If you do it I will tell you... if you do it again I'll assume you didn't here and tell you again...do it a third time prepare to be kicked.

I personally don't like...
People who talk too much and get people killed by ignoring their job.
People who are far too serious to not like any talking what soever.
People who don't do their job.
People who don't observe there are others in the group (ie heal others, buff others, save a hit for others, etc).
People who run for items without at least hitting an enemy once.
People who run for items while their team mates are getting beat up.
People who spam stupid stuff...(including that orly and 9000 crap) saying it once is ok...50billion times is not.
People who kick for no reason.
People who expect you to carry scapes on you at all times.
People who demand that you give over leadership for whatever reason.

Any combination of those will do it for me >.>

second rule on online etiquette....DONT TALK ABOUT ONLINE ETIQUETTE

LoopBeatstalker
Mar 4, 2007, 02:03 PM
third rule of online etiquette...don't cross a double lane on a tuesday with 5 ice cream cones.

i don't see any reason not to talk about it or anything at all for that matter. unless you are making a fight club reference then right on.

i have zero problem with the preference of other people when stated in the party comments..
like no scape dolls = boot etc.
that's cool...but when you enter a party with no idea what people expect out of you and people place rules on the go? like all of a sudden it's a rappy hunting party...well...you should make that party locked and not jerk other people around cause i'll just leave you some bad feedback via xbox live.

i give no reason for people to be a jerkface. i can't help they take their day to day depression and drudgery out on other people through video games.

i agree wholeheartedly that you should act online as you would in real life

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 4, 2007, 07:48 PM
earlier today, I was playing w/ PJ, one of my friends , and one of my friends from real life and a couple of random guys in Forested Islands S runs, and PJ picked up a gourmet cake board which went to someone else. I was the leader at this game. and when he did, this other guy got it and got all pissy about getting it, it was a set order game btw. PJ jokingly said I picked it up, and I kinda played along w/ it, but this guy who got the cake was all srsly pissed about it telling me things like "!@#%$ you who Shiro! don't pick up cake!" I was like "Yeah, I'm the leader, I can boot you if I want, but I'm too nice."

He was then like "Yeah, you won't boot me cuz u a punk." I was about to boot that guy, but he left after the run. which was an A, which meant no frag for him >=)
if he hadn't left, i would have blacklisted and booted that guy out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-03-04 16:52 ]</font>