PDA

View Full Version : What are your ideas for possible PA's for the Slicer/Whip?

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 03:48 AM
Here are mine:

PA for Slicer: [Insert flashy name]
Lvl 1: Left swing. Shoots a disc (like the YoYo) that hits three times.
Lvl 11: Right swing. Shoots another disc that hits 3 times, but in a different fashion/manner.
Lvl 21: Hard downward left swing. Shoots a huge bladed disc that hits 5 times.

PA for Whip: [Insert flashy name]
Lvl 1: Left swing. One strong lash.
Lvl 11: Right->Left->Right Swings. 3-consecutive rapid lashes.
Lvl 21: Right->Throw. 2 hits. First hit latches on to the head of monster. You turn around, and then slam forward with the whip, to bring the monster that was originally behind you, flying forward and slamming into the ground.

Now what are yours? n_n

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-03-04 15:50 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Mar 4, 2007, 03:51 AM
RyukiZero can you read minds?! because I swear I was thinking of the EXACT same PAs for the photon whip.

Weeaboolits
Mar 4, 2007, 03:52 AM
Slicer: Elemental "bullets" probably...

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 03:54 AM
On 2007-03-04 00:51, JaiBlue wrote:
RyukiZero can you read minds?! because I swear I was thinking of the EXACT same PAs for the photon whip.

No, but I can see through clothes with my secret Human ability.

..Kidding XD

AC9breaker
Mar 4, 2007, 05:11 AM
I don't understand why people think Slicer is going to be a Hunter ish weapon. It's obviously a ranged weapon, so elemental attacks "Bullets" seem to be the most logical thing. I think when you level the Slicer bullet it will just target and hit more enemies. Probably will start off with 3 then 4 then 5.

Skuda
Mar 4, 2007, 05:20 AM
The only problem I see with the slicer being a ranged weapon, is that it's right handed.

see image (http://www.tgfcer.com/club/attachments/20070228_7396f0e2cb239564924fClxWt0lVeYUB.jpg)

With the addition of a left handed casting weapon, it is possible for there to be a right handed ranged weapon. But what would be the point of linking a left handed gun and a right handed one? It seems a little silly to me.

Fuji
Mar 4, 2007, 05:23 AM
I dunno, Slicer could be a bulleted weapon but at the same time it could easily be a Hunterish weapon as Ryuki thinks. I think it would be more interesting for it to be almost Hunter based and you determine the element by Synth and it has a cooler type of combo that is also long ranged.

But then again, I could also see it just being "Bullets" for the PA...

Im kinda hoping for the Hunter end because it sounds more amusing :3

Dya
Mar 4, 2007, 05:23 AM
arent the cards kinda like the slicer. so wont the "bullets" be just like that of the cards that we already have?

Jey
Mar 4, 2007, 05:29 AM
On 2007-03-04 00:48, RyukiZero wrote:

Lvl 1: Left swing. One strong lash.
Lvl 11: Right->Left->Right Swings. 3-consecutive rapid lashes.
Lvl 21: Right->Throw. 2 hits. First hit latches on to the head of monster. You turn around, and then slam forward with the whip, to bring the monster that was originally behind you, flying forward and slamming into the ground.

I could have sworn I saw this in Castlevania : Legacy of Innocence, heh

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 05:40 AM
As someone brought up a good point.. Hunters suck at ranged, and can benefit by having a Slicer as their ranged weapon. Granted, it would be weaker, but it would be better than a lvl 10 handgun.

Oh, and Jey, I never played any of the PS2 Castlevanias, so I honestly couldn't tell you XD

Jey
Mar 4, 2007, 06:07 AM
Also, the Slicer looks more like a boomerang-style weapon to me, rather than a gun-type that actually shoots bullets... (the kanji calls it more a "throwing sword") type.

So... maybe normal animation
1 > saber-type swing
2 > short-range (like machinegun range) throw and return
3 > mid-range (like crossbow range) throw and return

1H PA would only have 2 combos so...
1 > left -> right frontal melee slash
2 > mid-range throw -> catch and right slash -> rising slash (knock-up)

2H? i dunno, I think I pulled a muscle thinking of a 1H version.

Randomness
Mar 4, 2007, 07:33 AM
Well, is you paired slicer with crossbow, you've suddenly got a very nice multiple enemy setup, you can get penetrating linear or spread linear without switching weapons.

JeffHikari
Mar 4, 2007, 08:16 AM
Let's see... The old PSO slicer threw a blade with each swing, so I wouldn't change that.

For the PA, how about:

Lvl 1: Hard toss with Rifle-like knockback.
Lvl 11: Two simultaneous blades in a narrow horizontal arc. Think PS4 Rika.
Lvl 21: Huge blade that flies in a tight circle, hitting repeatedly, ending with a knockdown/launch.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 4, 2007, 09:57 AM
I wish that slicers can be a force weapon and they should give Hunters the longbows. seriously, since when did mages use longbows? thats a weapon made for swordsmen.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 4, 2007, 11:44 AM
That would be pointless, since bow bullets at level 10 are utterly useless.

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-03-04 06:57, Shiroryuu wrote:
I wish that slicers can be a force weapon and they should give Hunters the longbows. seriously, since when did mages use longbows? thats a weapon made for swordsmen.

>.<; they should of Given S rank bows to ForteGunners or GunTechers at least...

Why give arguably the strongest ranged weapon to a job that barely has enough ATA to equip it?

RuPiKa
Mar 4, 2007, 11:52 AM
Whip: See Ivy from Soul Calibur any of her range or special attacks would be "Cool!" as PA(s).

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 4, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-03-04 08:48, Weakness wrote:

Why give arguably the strongest ranged weapon to a job that barely has enough ATA to equip it?

Because you already have rifles.

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 11:59 AM
On 2007-03-04 08:56, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-03-04 08:48, Weakness wrote:

Because you already have rifles.

ForteTechers already have Diga?

Yeah ForteGunners get S in Rifles, but they get S in Bow offline, which doesn't make any damned sense.

And as far as GunTecher getting an S in Bow, it sounds perfectly reasonable seeing as their only other S rank damage dealing weapon is dual handguns. Crossbows can deal damage, just not very fast. And Mechguns are... well, mechguns.

Neith
Mar 4, 2007, 12:02 PM
Whip PA idea:
Lv1-10: Lash left and right once each hitting upto 2 targets.
Lv11-20: Lash the whip around the monster's feet/base, and retract it, pulling the affected monster off it's feet.
Lv21-30 (if applicable): Wrap the whip around 2 targets, and heave the whip upwards, sending upto 2 targets into the air.

I kinda like the idea of using the whip to fling monsters around, rather than for outright damage.

Edit: There are NO Fortegunners, or expert classes in general offline, so the Bow argument is a bit weak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-03-04 09:04 ]</font>

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 12:02 PM
I can think of one for the whip.

If any of you have played this old school ps1 game called Battle Arena Toshinden, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about (I'd be surprised to find even one person...). It's a bunch of continual slashes left and right in an area in front of you. One hit only, but lots of power in it (kinda like the second glove PA that we got).

Not exactly a creative idea...actually, if they do implement this in, it might be a copyright infringement, lol. But, I won't be surprised if that ends up being one (or something similar).

[Edit]: The name of the move was at the tip of my tongue, but now I remember it. It was called "Rattle Snake". xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-03-04 09:04 ]</font>

Weakness
Mar 4, 2007, 12:03 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:02, Hikaru-san wrote:
I can think of one for the whip.

If any of you have played this old school ps1 game called Battle Arena Toshinden, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about (I'd be surprised to find even one person...). It's a bunch of continual slashes left and right in an area in front of you. One hit only, but lots of power in it (kinda like the second glove PA that we got).

Not exactly a creative idea...actually, if they do implement this in, it might be a copyright infringement, lol. But, I won't be surprised if that ends up being one (or something similar).

;;>.> It was a launch title for one of the most profitable systems ever created. I'm sure most people on these boards have played it, or at least heard of it.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 12:06 PM
I do realize that, but still, lots of people I know go "what the hell is that name again?" when I ask them about it. And they're gamers just like me, not some random friend that plays soccer for a hobby. xD

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
On 2007-03-04 08:52, RuPiKa wrote:
Whip: See Ivy from Soul Calibur any of her range or special attacks would be "Cool!" as PA(s).

Im rather partial to her 'Calamity Symphony' and 'Summon Suffering' throws.. Those would be rather difficult to incorporate, but I have a similar idea.

1: A quick, forward lash of the whip capable of piercing and hitting 3 enemies.
11: A spinning rotation on one leg, the other is used to kick all (up to 4) enemies within range, whip spins as well..just looks like a ribbon, does nothing special. Enemies hit get knocked down. (Battle Arena Toshinden anyone?)
21: The whip is Lashed into the air, and splits into 5 sections. 5 enemies within radius are hit.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

As for slicer.. Im siding with it being a Hunter based weapon.

1: Launches 3 Consecutive blades. Each can hit up to 3 enemies.
11: The 3 consecutives are followed by 2 larger ones. They also can hit up to 3 enemies, but with more damage.
21: The player spins forward in a slicer like manner, with slicer blades surrounding them. Knockdowns all enemies hit. Can hit up to 6 enemies but only travels about the length of a mechgun.

Haha http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 12:14 PM
oh! So as I was typing my thing, those others about Toshinden were posted. Well, Im a toshinden fanatic.. (Ive hunted down all the Series of Toshinden, not including kid combat or Puzzle combat. Including 4 which is a Euro/JP only release..so I got 4, a Euro PS1 and a TV capable of playing it..3 is still my favorite. Where do you think I first learned of tonfas? *nudge Tracy*) Anyways!

I would love to see Rattlesnake, Aurora Revolution, Jewelry Shower, Call me Queen, or Salamander incorporated into the Whip PA, it would incredibly nostalgic for me...PSU would get major brownie points. Thats why Aurora Revolution was in my PA idea...

Hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RuPiKa
Mar 4, 2007, 12:14 PM
Battle Arena came out over 10 years ago. It is very probable that newer gamers have no clue about that game.

RuPiKa
Mar 4, 2007, 12:24 PM
Side note: Battle Arena was part of healthly diet of fighting games back then Killer Instint, Super Street Fighter 2 (and Alpha), Mortal Kombat, Fighting Vipers, KOF and Sumurai Showdown.

P.S. Forgot Virtural Fighter, my bad...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuPiKa on 2007-03-04 09:26 ]</font>

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 12:33 PM
People in here that know of Toshinden make me happy..

You all are formally invited to my birthday party....

...which is in September.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 12:43 PM
xD

Ellis FTW!!!

Freshellent
Mar 4, 2007, 12:45 PM
Allow me to put my two cents in.

For Slicers I would imagine the PA to go something along the line of this:
1:A much faster,perhaps a more elaborate version of the animation of the normal attack,Maybe it causes flinching.
2:Character makes a upstroke with the slicer making a groundwave that splits into smaller waves. May cause pop-up/knockdown.

ForWhips:
1:Character takes a wide legged stance and makes two huge lashes at 1:00 and 11:00,causing a pop-up/knockdown. Multiple hits with time etc.
2:Whirlwind lashing,all around the body like Spiral Dance ends with a strong GTFO backkick.
Don't think these will happen but I can dream can't I?

Now,where the hell are my Scythes ST? HOP TO IT!

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-03-04 09:43, Hikaru-san wrote:
xD

Ellis FTW!!!

SUHGER AN SPAICE!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ThEoRy
Mar 4, 2007, 02:06 PM
you guys have used slicers before right? why all of these elaborate ideas? most likely the slicer will... ummm... act like a slicer? Leveling it would most likely act like a bullet, increasing the number of targets and elemental damage/status effect increase. and Also why wouldn't Forces be able to use them? They were available to all classes on pso.

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-03-04 11:06, Octagon wrote:
you guys have used slicers before right? why all of these elaborate ideas? most likely the slicer will... ummm... act like a slicer? Leveling it would most likely act like a bullet, increasing the number of targets and elemental damage/status effect increase. and Also why wouldn't Forces be able to use them? They were available to all classes on pso.

Did you read before posting? Were having a discussion over how it could be labeled as a melee weapon, thus having more elaborate and prettier photon arts.. Most of us don't want the bullet style, just so it will be more fun.

Edit: After re-reading it, I felt that I needed to say that I just wanted to say I didn't mean to sound like such an ass... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryffin on 2007-03-04 11:22 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 4, 2007, 02:22 PM
It's funny how people are getting so worked up over the return of slicers, only to want them to operate differently than they did in PSO.

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 4, 2007, 02:46 PM
I think the slicer would work fine as a main hand melee weapon. That way rangers and Fighgunners get duel ranged weapons. . . Much like the techer Wand/Madoog.

ThEoRy
Mar 4, 2007, 02:59 PM
A slicer always has and always will be a ranged weapon. Maybe the PA animation would look a bit cooler as you're throwing the blade(i doubt it but), you're still just throwing a blade. I believe the only reason it's right handed is so you can also equip the madoog on the same pallet. Looks like we'll have 2 wait and see.

Blanky
Mar 4, 2007, 03:31 PM
The Slicer and Whip both look like 1-handed weapons, so you might as well cut out your 21+ part of the combo.

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 06:26 PM
Yes, I'm aware that one-handed weapons only have up to lvl 11 attacks, BUT, this is the expansion, and anything can happen. I'm not giving myself wishful thinking, but I am giving myself a "if they did, then this may be possible".

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I forgot about the fact that 1 handers can only get extensions up to 11... Maybe they'll change that?

Well, even still..
(revised edition)
Whip:
1- The player spins fiercely lashing up to 5 enemies within range.
11- The player lifts 1 leg upward while rotating and continues to spin, this time with a massive kick, and a lash, can hit 5 enemies, has enormous knockback

Slicer:
1- 3 Blades are launched in 1 swing, can hit 3 enemies
11- The player Is surrounded by 2 large blades and launches forward, can hit 6 enemies for high damage and knockback, but only travels about as far as a mechgun.

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-03-04 00:48, RyukiZero wrote:
Here are mine:

PA for Slicer: [Insert flashy name]
Lvl 1: Left swing, right swing. Shoots a disc (like the YoYo) that hits three times. Then, shoots another disc that hits 3 times, but in a different fashion/manner.
Lvl 11: Hard downward left swing. Shoots a huge bladed disc that hits 5 times.

Lvl 1: Left->Right->Left->Right Swings. One strong lash, followed by 3-consecutive rapid lashes.
Lvl 11: Right->Throw. 2 hits. First hit latches on to the head of monster. You turn around, and then slam forward with the whip, to bring the monster that was originally behind you, flying forward and slamming into the ground.

Happy?

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 07:48 PM
I am always happy to be in the same thread as Ryuki. XD

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 09:02 PM
On 2007-03-04 15:33, Gryffin wrote:

Whip:
11- The player lifts 1 leg upward while rotating and continues to spin, this time with a massive kick, and a lash, can hit 5 enemies, has enormous knockback

Yeah...that's sooo Aurora Revolution...Weak going into Fierce...you read my mind, lol.

MayLee
Mar 4, 2007, 09:05 PM
PA WHIP

Lvl 1: Twirl slash
lvl 11: Twirl slash and Left strike
lvl 21: Twirl slash left slash grab throw

Meh

ICE WHIP, FTW

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-03-04 18:05, MayLee wrote:
PA WHIP

Lvl 1: Twirl slash
lvl 11: Twirl slash and Left strike
lvl 21: Twirl slash left slash grab throw

Meh

ICE WHIP, FTW

What's with girls and whips? XD

MayLee
Mar 4, 2007, 09:33 PM
*Grabs Ryuki with whip and drags him closer*

GET OVER HERE!

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-03-04 18:02, Hikaru-san wrote:

On 2007-03-04 15:33, Gryffin wrote:

Whip:

Yeah...that's sooo Aurora Revolution...Weak going into Fierce...you read my mind, lol.

Mmhm, just a hobby of mine.

Allison_W
Mar 4, 2007, 10:10 PM
Honestly, I predict that slicers will be counted as a striking weapon. In PSO, they were marked with a sword symbol and had an ATP requirement; they were pretty clearly classified as Hunter weapons. And while it's possible that they could be adding a right-handed ranged weapon, the right-handedness coupled with the slicer's history of treatment as a Hunter weapon leads me to believe it'll be classified as striking in PSU. (Consider also that it has a more readily visible muscle-power component than other ranged weapons, what with being thrown and all.) Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong, though.

omegapirate2k
Mar 4, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-03-04 18:33, MayLee wrote:

GET OVER HERE!

XD Now all you need is this costume:

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/749/4/th/7067.jpg

It'd be cool if the slicer was a ranged weapon that was synthed like a melee weapon (set elemental percentage, ect)

It's PA could be sending out multiple blades depending on the level.

-Ryuki-
Mar 4, 2007, 11:44 PM
Great..

Once those whips are released, I'm avoiding 80% of the people on my PC list XD

Alisha
Mar 5, 2007, 02:05 AM
go play king of fighters and pick whip and do her super. there you go whip PA XD

-Ryuki-
Mar 5, 2007, 04:03 AM
Yes, King of Fighters is good.

So is MegaMan. .EXE = reference to Battle Network?

Weeaboolits
Mar 5, 2007, 04:16 AM
Whip PA: a whip version of Tornado Break (3 full 360 swings at lv. 21), only faster, I'd be happy with that...
Maybe a move like Yoshimitsu's "Death Copter" from SCII (possibly SCI as well, I forget) where you use it to fly momentarily (yeah, not realistic, but fun) and bring down a strong vertical lash on an unsuspecting enemy, maybe as the last hit of a combo, or maybe have some additional lashs upon landing or something...

Alisha
Mar 5, 2007, 07:10 AM
On 2007-03-05 01:03, RyukiZero wrote:
Yes, King of Fighters is good.

So is MegaMan. .EXE = reference to Battle Network?

yep but also on pso my hucaseal and racaseal were named Beta Alisha and Alpha Alisha so it has a dual meaning.

MayLee
Mar 5, 2007, 08:10 AM
On 2007-03-04 19:38, omegapirate2k wrote:

GET OVER HERE!

I'd look sexier than Scorpion. Nuff said. >.>

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 08:25 AM
On 2007-03-05 05:10, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-03-04 19:38, omegapirate2k wrote:

GET OVER HERE!

I'd look sexier than Scorpion. Nuff said. >.>

Psh, you speak lies, child.

MayLee
Mar 5, 2007, 08:29 AM
I speak nothing but sweet innocent truth.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 08:35 AM
On 2007-03-05 05:29, MayLee wrote:
I speak nothing but sweet innocent truth.

It won't be innocent when you carry around a whip.

Kismet
Mar 5, 2007, 08:37 AM
I have an idea! Maybe the whip has dumbass-detecting skills, and automatically shoves itself up the asses of people like the person who started this thread...

J/k. (*Yeah, I'm feeling nice today.*)

Most of what I've read on here makes sense, or sounds really cool, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kismet on 2007-03-05 05:38 ]</font>

Xtian913
Mar 5, 2007, 10:45 AM
I know I'm late to all the Toshinden talk, but DAMN that series was fun! Hearing Sophia yell, "Call me QUEEN!!" as she whirled through the air was just pimp! ^_^

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 11:02 AM
Hmm. I think perhaps a listed PA for the Photon Whip should be called.

"Tiger Tamer"

Heck, if they're going to pinch one of my ideas, they should go all the way with it.

Now that I've convinced them to use whips, all I need is to get them to write the Nbareh Six Square Circus into the official canon, and my work will be complete!!!

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 5, 2007, 11:24 AM
Hmm.. How about.

whip PA: "Call me Queen"

1lv: Extremely long range whip lash that add the affect of "latching onto an monster" character pulls them forward instantly causes fall down status. (N/A for larger monsters, your character is unable to pull them forward so you must be close range for all the hits to work.)

lv11: Character proceeds to stomp on the fallen enemy five times (yes five, but only hits one enemy)

lv21: One lash against the fallen enemy followed by a mighty kick that causes knock back once again. (the final kick can catch one other enemy, as in it CAN hit two at once)

that's as good as i can get =/

If Slicers get a skill PA:

potential Skill one: (uhh...i donno? Reppudun-Sensou?)

lv1: Sends a single slicer blade that hits a maxium of two baddies, once, and then goes back down for a second pass.

Lv.11: sends three blades that surround a maxium of 3 baddies and makes a pass of a maxium of 3 times each. (homing in like a card)

lv21: character has a delay for abit and sends a large slicer blade toward a group of four enemines as the blade splits into 4 and makes four passes.

potential whip PA 2:

lv1: Swings whip around over head 3 times ( and attacks 3 baddies (think tornado break, but for a whip)

lv:11 swings whip around their head 3 more times with the same affect but multipled by say... 0.5?

lv21: swings whip over head again and hits for four times with another .5 damage multipler. for 4 hits against 5 baddies.

(sorry whenever i think of PAs i just make em' over powered. Eheh)

Xtian913
Mar 5, 2007, 11:47 AM
Such cool whip ideas... Oh how I wish Fortetechers could use them - if only to look flashy.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 5, 2007, 04:41 PM
Too many "spin spin spin" x_x

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 5, 2007, 09:10 PM
Hey just be happy we don't have Photon glow sticks. (redundant much?)

lv1: Dance Dance Dance, stats up x 1.0
lv11: Dance dance dance dance dance: stats up x 10.
lv21: Revolution! all stats +9001 (ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!)

O_o and i mean, really.

With the way Enemines are in this game, what can you expect from whips beside varations of "spinning" and "swinging"

and screw whip. I want a chain. Freakin Biker Gangs...

Pardon me.

Freakin "Floater" Gangs here i come!

Lonzell
Mar 5, 2007, 09:34 PM
lmao I wonder if anyone other than me recongized where Ryo_Hayasa got that "Whip" (HINTHINTHINT) PA idea from.

-Ryuki-
Mar 5, 2007, 10:10 PM
Sounds very familiar. I know it's a girl.

Alisha
Mar 6, 2007, 01:15 AM
http://www.wickedgifs.com/sprites/Neo-Geo/The%20King%20of%20Fighters%202003_Whip%20-%20Sonic%20Slaughter.gif
http://www.wickedgifs.com/sprites/Neo-Geo/The%20King%20of%20Fighters%202003_Whip%20-%20Boomerang%20Shot.gif

whip PA's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Weeaboolits
Mar 6, 2007, 01:44 AM
Whip PA: Jump Rope Devestation!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-03-05 23:00 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 02:13 AM
Alisha's really getting into this whole "whip" thing >.>

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 02:43 AM
Well we chicks love those whips, you see. It's one of those toys we have that projects Aura of You Are All My Bitches 100'. And maybe she's just aware that other chicks love whips, too.

...I'll be honest; when they get released, I'll probably still be using two-handers more often myself. (Unless we get DUAL WHIPS like Bart!) But if they're good, I'll definitely have one or two. Especially if they're available to WTs, of which I'm certain I'll end up playing at least one, given my eternal love of melee/caster hybrids.

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:17 AM
Baato-san? Xenogears? -Rubs his chin.-
Fatima Pirate, ne? <3
Silly girl. Whips are for Pirates. XD

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-03-06 01:17, RyukiZero wrote:
Silly girl. Whips are for Pirates. XD

...yar?

EDIT: Dual whips, XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-03-06 06:29 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 09:34 AM
Perhaps Single Whips will be a lot like Single Sabers. A Weapon almost everybody can use. Not sure how serious I would have Tynselle using a whip; but it would be kind of fitting if her father (Katlego) taught her the skill. He is the primary wild-animal tamer of the circus family.

CAST-Sapphire
Mar 6, 2007, 12:48 PM
I'm thinking the Slicer will be a ranger style weapon for this reason

Whip=Hunter Weapon
Slicer=Ranger Weapon
Mag thing=Force Weapon

but who knows.

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 01:26 PM
On 2007-03-06 01:17, RyukiZero wrote:
Baato-san? Xenogears? -Rubs his chin.-
Fatima Pirate, ne? <3

You get it!

On 2007-03-06 01:17, RyukiZero wrote:Silly girl. Whips are for Pirates. XD

Maybe I'll be a giiiirl pirate. And run down to the makeover shop and get that one hairstyle with the eyepatch, in blonde, and tan skin with a red jacket and white pants and lol dual whips just to see who else gets the reference.

Seriously, though, dual whips would be totally hot.

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 03:50 PM
Maybe you'd be totally hot.
If you were a Fatima ;3

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 03:52 PM

Maybe I'll be a giiiirl pirate. And run down to the makeover shop and get that one hairstyle with the eyepatch, in blonde, and tan skin with a red jacket and white pants
[/quote]

Be a pirate, join me!!!!!!!

YAR HAR HAR!!

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
Silly omega. Only girls can be Pirates.
In PSU that is ;3

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
On 2007-03-06 12:53, RyukiZero wrote:
In PSU that is ;3

Where has the rum gone?

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 03:58 PM
Aye, pass the rum! Well, maybe in a year when I'm actually legal >.>

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-03-06 12:58, RyukiZero wrote:
Aye, pass the rum! Well, maybe in a year when I'm actually legal >.>

Heh, your a year older than me and I get to drink in november!

Sychosis
Mar 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
::can already drink::

::is cool::

::doesn't drink::

McLaughlin
Mar 6, 2007, 04:01 PM
*Hasn't ever, nor will ever drink*

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:03 PM
-Snapshots Sychosis.-

Stay clean and sober,
and tell your parents
you love them.

~My Business Teacher in HS.

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-03-06 12:53, RyukiZero wrote:
In PSU that is ;3

I disagree. Tynselle is learning Piracy from BlackBeard himself (Blackbeard42.1 to be exact. You can never have enough BlackBeards and the Treasure chests that come with them). She's scheming to be on his crew, so that she can later figure out how to steal his treasure from under him. Blackbeard respects her for that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 04:06 PM
Of course, being ABLE to drink is good enough, drinking... not so much XD

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-03-06 12:52, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-06 10:26, Allison_W wrote:Maybe I'll be a giiiirl pirate. And run down to the makeover shop and get that one hairstyle with the eyepatch, in blonde, and tan skin with a red jacket and white pants

YAR HAR HAR!!

Sure thing. We'll ride around in a ship with wheels and get out just to beat the crap out of everybody while saying things like "ARR MATEY" and "WHERE BE MY WAREZ?!" and "JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR."

On 2007-03-06 12:50, RyukiZero wrote:
Maybe you'd be totally hot.
If you were a Fatima ;3

I'd be totally hot, Fatima or not.

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:07 PM
I don't even know how that is, Akai >.>;

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-03-06 13:06, Allison_W wrote:
"JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR."

Nah. I'll just TAME that lion. Guess I'll have to ask Daddy how he does it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 04:19 PM
On 2007-03-06 13:06, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-03-06 12:52, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-06 10:26, Allison_W wrote:Maybe I'll be a giiiirl pirate. And run down to the makeover shop and get that one hairstyle with the eyepatch, in blonde, and tan skin with a red jacket and white pants

YAR HAR HAR!!

Sure thing. We'll ride around in a ship with wheels and get out just to beat the crap out of everybody while saying things like "ARR MATEY" and "WHERE BE MY WAREZ?!" and "JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION GET IN THE CAR."

Kickass.

Er I mean ARR MATEY!!!

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:20 PM
-Tosses everyone into a closet.-

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-03-06 13:20, RyukiZero wrote:
-Tosses everyone into a closet.-

Hey, now. The closet is no place to be. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:44 PM
It is for naughty people. It's my prison cell.

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 04:47 PM
But I'm not being naughty. I'm a nice girl. Usually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-03-06 13:47 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:48 PM
You should hang out in my photo portfolio thread.
That's an actual hangout, unlike this thread >.>

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 04:49 PM
Lay off my crewmates, k?

KRKcl17
Mar 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
Indeed. This thing derailed quickly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
I am known as the "Thread slayer" for a reason, my friend.

Back on topic, how about a PA where we... IMPALE SOMEBODY WITH THE WHIP!

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
That would only be possible if they had a kunai or something at the end of it.
And then, it wouldn't be a whip. It'd be a chain. =P

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-03-06 13:59, RyukiZero wrote:

S rank whip could have a blade at the end, you never know.

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 05:07 PM
On 2007-03-06 14:01, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-06 13:59, RyukiZero wrote:

S rank whip could have a blade at the end, you never know.

So Quistis. But regardless of how much it smacks of FFVIII, it'd still be hot. Nonetheless, I don't think the PA would be designed to only look right with an S-rank weapon.

Here's one:
1+: The character leans back, flicking the whip overhead and lashing out at extended range against the target. Aside from the extra reach, this also hits flyers out of range of most melee weapons. (Very "fabulous" pose here, one that also smacks of Quistis.)
11+: Second move in the combo is similar, except the character immediately follows up with a forward rush and a backhanded lash with the whip that also hits enemies near the target.

Crudbuckets, I know, but it's what came to mind. Or did someone else already think of it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-03-06 14:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-03-06 14:12 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 05:13 PM
>.>
Quistis <3

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 05:41 PM
On 2007-03-06 14:13, RyukiZero wrote:
>.>
Quistis <3

*walks out from the hallway, holding a bloody pickaxe* Don't be upset. It was a mercy killing. She had a certain naive charm, but no... muscle.

Gryffin
Mar 6, 2007, 05:44 PM
FF8 <3

Anything with FF8 is love..specially if Irvine is involved...yum...the things that could happen..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/whip.gif one good use for'em, right there.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 05:53 PM
On 2007-03-06 14:41, Allison_W wrote:

>.>
Quistis <3

*walks out from the hallway, holding a bloody pickaxe* Don't be upset. It was a mercy killing. She had a certain naive charm, but no... muscle.

Oi. That wasn't Quistis you killed.
That was Gryff wearing a wig. >.>

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 05:55 PM
On 2007-03-06 14:53, RyukiZero wrote:

On 2007-03-06 14:41, Allison_W wrote:

>.>
Quistis <3

Oi. That wasn't Quistis you killed.
That was Gryff wearing a wig. >.>

You lose points for not getting the quote.

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 05:57 PM
You lose points for trying to be a Fatima.

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 06:01 PM
Naw, I'm just trying to be a Belmont.

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 06:02 PM
You lose more points! You can't "try" to be.
You "have" to be. It's in the bloodlines.
<3

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 06:03 PM
I fake it by spending my Badass Points(TM).

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 07:05 PM
I'll leave it at that XD

Dhylec
Mar 6, 2007, 07:18 PM
I know it's very easy to go off in here, but let's stay on topic, shall we?

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 07:19 PM
Yes sir! I'll do that in my next post~ ('Cause I'm in a mission right now XD)

LordJoe
Mar 6, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-03-04 02:20, Skuda wrote:
The only problem I see with the slicer being a ranged weapon, is that it's right handed.

see image (http://www.tgfcer.com/club/attachments/20070228_7396f0e2cb239564924fClxWt0lVeYUB.jpg)

With the addition of a left handed casting weapon, it is possible for there to be a right handed ranged weapon. But what would be the point of linking a left handed gun and a right handed one? It seems a little silly to me.

LOL there is a Koltova Cannon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (bottom right pic)

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 07:35 PM
On 2007-03-06 16:23, LordJoe wrote:

LOL there is a Koltova Cannon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (bottom right pic)

Very old news XD

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 07:40 PM
Aurora Revolution!!!!!

VanHalen
Mar 6, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-03-06 16:35, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-06 16:23, LordJoe wrote:

Very old news XD

That's the kinda weapon I approve of! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I hate koltova for everything they are. Ollakas are ok but the koltova no

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-03-06 16:44 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 09:33 PM
Ugh. I got one, but I don't want to put it in spiffy format. I'll just describe it.
You guys can figure out what should be Lvl 1 and Lvl 11 XD

Hard Lash to the left, causing the monster to turn around. 1 hit.
Rapid slashes at the back. Each hit gets stronger, but less accuracy. A total of 7 hits.

Weeaboolits
Mar 7, 2007, 01:47 AM
On 2007-03-06 09:48, CAST-Sapphire wrote:
I'm thinking the Slicer will be a ranger style weapon for this reason

Whip=Hunter Weapon
Slicer=Ranger Weapon
Mag thing=Force Weapon

but who knows.

Blasphemy! Hunters need their slicers back!
I'm sure they'll have "Bullet" PAs though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-03-06 22:49 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 7, 2007, 02:29 AM
I really don't want bullet PA's. That renders it useless to Hunters.

Alisha
Mar 7, 2007, 03:38 AM
*doesnt want to see pipi vol with a whip*

in story mode she tells ethan to lick her boots or she will nano blast and tear him apart. yeah whips are totally gonna be tenora weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2007-03-07 00:40 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't get it Ali. I just don't >.>

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:52 PM
I never get anything ._.

-Ryuki-
Mar 7, 2007, 05:32 PM
Then we're not the only ones lost?
In any case. I think that the Whip PA's
will be a lot stronger than the Slicers.
Then again, Crea Slicers = Uber.
So..

Allison_W
Mar 8, 2007, 02:04 AM
On 2007-03-07 00:38, Alisha wrote:
*doesnt want to see pipi vol with a whip*

I do.

On 2007-03-07 00:38, Alisha wrote:in story mode she tells ethan to lick her boots or she will nano blast and tear him apart. yeah whips are totally gonna be tenora weapons.

After a while, I just got the impression that Pipi Vol thinks Ethan is hot, and her reaction to him is simply her way of expression attraction. And that she wants him to be her bitch.

Anyway, time for a slicer PA! (Forgive me if someone's done this one before.)

1+: After skipping from target to target to target as slicers are wont to do, the slicer arcs back to the wielder, adding an extra hit on anything it strikes on its way back.
11+: As above, except on the way back, the slicer actually skips from target to target to target on its way back to the wielder.

omegapirate2k
Mar 8, 2007, 10:14 AM
Pipi Vol? Did I miss something important?

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 12:49 PM
On 2007-03-08 07:14, omegapirate2k wrote:
Pipi Vol? Did I miss something important?

Apparently we both did. >.<