PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who has a craving for Scythe weapons?

Jakosifer
Mar 4, 2007, 03:54 PM
Sure there are a few axes that have sickle like Photon Blades on them but Im talking about a whole new weapon class. Scythes that swing like the partisians of PSO Ver 1&2...*thinks back to the days of randomly using the Soul Eater* >_>

Freshellent
Mar 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
Been saying that since the first day I started playing. I'd love to see what the PA's would have looked like.

And don't give me that Axes on S rank look like Scythes. Bah! I want a true Scythe! With grand sweeping strokes and PA's that let you throw em a short distance or something ridiculous.

Jakosifer
Mar 4, 2007, 04:03 PM
Thank you! I imagined that the Scythe would be a bit weaker than Spears or on the same level, be a Medium Range Weapon (Don't have to be RIGHT next to an enemy to hit them), hit 3 enemies at a time, probly 3 basic slashes like the originals and the PA's would be like....A Multihitting Spin Slash, or something like that. They would own. <_<

AC9breaker
Mar 4, 2007, 04:04 PM
If they make a scythe type weapon its gotta be a sword type. All the Sword PA's we have now match it's style and the Ultimate Sword PA will fit it even better!

Sayara
Mar 4, 2007, 04:05 PM
Scythes were Spears in PSO.

Jakosifer
Mar 4, 2007, 04:06 PM
I know, partisans, but Scythes wouldn't work in ANY kind of way in PSU if they used the Spear motions for them...Well except for that AOE Spear PA.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 4, 2007, 04:08 PM
I do miss my Soul Banish.... my black clad HUmar with indigo hair and Rati mag I looked a bit like a" Grim Reaper."

I would not mind it if sycthes where special weps to be got via a special mission or some such..
Can't have everyone with a scythe, there are already too many players with look-a-like and copy-cat characters on PSU as it is...

ThEoRy
Mar 4, 2007, 04:08 PM
their are scythes in psu. they are called spears.

EphekZ
Mar 4, 2007, 04:43 PM
WT wep? anyone? Yes I do want a damn scythe, or a real partisan rather not that spear crap.

nooblet
Mar 4, 2007, 05:17 PM
their are scythes in psu. they are called spears.[/b]

scythes and spears are two different things. One is use ofr thrusting and one is for slashing.

Skuda
Mar 4, 2007, 05:20 PM
On 2007-03-04 13:04, AC9breaker wrote:
If they make a scythe type weapon its gotta be a sword type. All the Sword PA's we have now match it's style and the Ultimate Sword PA will fit it even better!

My sentiments exactly. If they make a scythe, it will probably be just a reskinned sword.

Gryffin
Mar 4, 2007, 05:56 PM
I still think that IF scythes are implemented it should be a casting weapon.. Like, A physical attack, a PA (MAYBE!) and then -techer classes can assign 2 spells to the off-ttacks.

Moo. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sha Sha
Mar 4, 2007, 06:20 PM
cant wait for the scythes as well maybe theyll be relase with new pack

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 4, 2007, 07:26 PM
I'm sure they can be swung around like axes if they wre put in this game. I think I saw an axe type weapon that looks a bit like a scythe.

Scythe88
Mar 4, 2007, 07:38 PM
SCYTHES!!!!!!!!

Scythe88
Mar 4, 2007, 07:42 PM
I have been craving a scythe since the beginning of time!

Skuda
Mar 4, 2007, 07:48 PM
closest thing to a scythe right now is the carriguine-rucar. Double scythe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Schubalts
Mar 4, 2007, 07:55 PM
Scythes and photon boots are all we need now.

And for the S-rank bows to be given to a class that actually HAS ATA!(DAMN YOU FORTETECHERS!)

Sc0pe
Mar 4, 2007, 08:49 PM
Hmm I think if they were to add scythe's in (which is a good idea), they should make it Fairly slow 2 hit combo, multihitting weapon, sort of like a cross between the axe and the sword. Still I think theres a damn good chance they'll add more than just 3 new weapons to the new update, so I guess theres hope.

NPCMook
Mar 4, 2007, 09:00 PM
Screw scythes... how about dual Sickles!

APEXi
Mar 4, 2007, 09:02 PM
if they do add em, i'll be sure to have a KIREEK clone

Schubalts
Mar 4, 2007, 09:14 PM
We have the Kireek outfit, you're halfway there!

Scion
Mar 5, 2007, 02:40 AM
I, too, would love to see scythes again. But, they can't be spears this time. I mean, look at the animation on the spear. You stab...how the heck do you go about stabbing with a scythe? You COULD, but that would be super awkward. They would definitely have to be a weapon class of their own, because the closest thing it could copy is the long sword. Even then, that would be terribly unrealistic since scythes are not supposed to be that heavy (it's a farming tool...you wouldn't want to harvest your crops with something that's 10 bagillion pounds, would you?).

Oh well, for right now, we can only dream. @(n__n)@

ThEoRy
Mar 11, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-03-04 14:17, nooblet wrote:

scythes and spears are two different things. One is use ofr thrusting and one is for slashing.

Really? I guess you haven't used a spear yet as one of the PAs swings around in a circular motion hitting multiple targets ala scythes in pso.

NPCMook
Mar 11, 2007, 06:59 PM
Technically spears and Scythes are 2 different items

A spear is a weapon for mid ranged melee combat

A Scythe is a harvesting tool... So Cletus, you think PSU needs some wheat harvested?

in PSO Spears and the 2 scythes shared the same animation because well Sonic team is lazy, chances are they wanted to add a scythe, but they could only come up with animations that mimic a Sword. So chances are we may see a Sword skinned as a Scythe, but not a Scythe style weapon/PAs.

Also with the current fashion of weapons I could only imagine the scythe looking rather horrid Victor's Axe (http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=93) anyone?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-03-11 17:17 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-03-11 17:18 ]</font>

nooblet
Mar 11, 2007, 07:07 PM
Really? I guess you haven't used a spear yet as one of the PAs swings around in a circular motion hitting multiple targets ala scythes in pso.

swing around in a circular motion does not equal to slashing. You can take a bo and swing in a circular motion so it must be a spear and not a bo right?

Weeaboolits
Mar 11, 2007, 10:49 PM
On 2007-03-11 16:49, Octagon wrote:

On 2007-03-04 14:17, nooblet wrote:

So we should only attack properly while using a PA?

Scythes would be nice, but I'd be happy just to have my old partisan, sure they did about the same thing as a sword, but I still miss them...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-03-11 20:56 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Mar 12, 2007, 07:27 AM
On 2007-03-11 17:07, nooblet wrote:

swing around in a circular motion does not equal to slashing. You can take a bo and swing in a circular motion so it must be a spear and not a bo right?

what I'm saying is, they both have the same range and both hit multiple enemies. When I said swinging I was just using a different word for slashing, it's the same thing. Go grab a broom stick and pretend its a sword/spear/partisan/scythe. Now swing it back and forth like you would any long sharp weapon. Hooray! Now you're slashing!! Your bow comparison is poorly executed as you're not meant to swing a bow.

Dragon_Knight
Mar 12, 2007, 07:41 AM
[b]On 2007-03-04 23:40 Even then, that would be terribly unrealistic since scythes are not supposed to be that heavy (it's a farming tool...you wouldn't want to harvest your crops with something that's 10 bagillion pounds, would you?).

Your probably thinking a sickle which is a smaller one handed version of the scythe. Scythes still weigh a lot though (generaly 5 to 6 pounds depending on the blade material and size) and their size and balance issues alone makes them unweildly. So a reskined long sword sounds about right even if the animation for it would be wrong...because you need to yank back with the scythe in order for its blade to be of any use.

ThEoRy
Mar 12, 2007, 08:09 AM
On 2007-03-12 05:41, Dragon_Knight wrote:

[b]On 2007-03-04 23:40 Even then, that would be terribly unrealistic since scythes are not supposed to be that heavy (it's a farming tool...you wouldn't want to harvest your crops with something that's 10 bagillion pounds, would you?).

Your probably thinking a sickle which is a smaller one handed version of the scythe. Scythes still weigh a lot though (generaly 5 to 6 pounds depending on the blade material and size) and their size and balance issues alone makes them unweildly. So a reskined long sword sounds about right even if the animation for it would be wrong...because you need to yank back with the scythe in order for its blade to be of any use.

You sure know a lot about farming.. lol

Guarionex
Mar 12, 2007, 08:50 AM
I miss the scythe so badly! That, along with Inferno Bazooka, were among my favorite weapons. My FOmarl never left Pioneer without them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 08:58 AM
Kireek uses a scythe, therefore I need to use a scythe too.

Raysa
Mar 12, 2007, 09:00 AM
Ugh I hate Scythe weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I especially hate RODS >=(

omegapirate2k
Mar 12, 2007, 09:25 AM
http://gfxevolution.com/uploads/psu/melee/ank_dedda.jpg

This is the closest thing to a scythe I've seen in PSU so far.

DizzyDi
Mar 12, 2007, 09:35 AM
Everyone has been saying long sword fits in with scythes, but I think the Axe animation is a lot more fitting for Scythe weapons, if ST would add them.
Personally I don't give two flying fux about scythe weapons.