PDA

View Full Version : monster lowering

retsel
Mar 4, 2007, 05:52 PM
OK i think some monsters are to strong and i want to know what u think

SO this is how this things or going to work.
1.say the monster
2.why you think it needs to be lowerd

hope we reach higher ups

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: retsel on 2007-03-04 14:58 ]</font>

VanHalen
Mar 4, 2007, 05:54 PM
Monster: none
Reason: Challenge is fun

jayster
Mar 4, 2007, 05:54 PM
the wizards on hive because they're super annoying and hard (especially S).

Then the bee's just because for being almost impossible to hit, they have a load of hp. Other than that I think it's pretty good.

retsel
Mar 4, 2007, 05:57 PM
1.mages on hive (sorry for lack of name)

2.there attackes are way to strong.Its not the fact i have ice armor eather, they do more then kaltova on S when there on C. thats atleast 20 lvl diffrence

Mayu
Mar 4, 2007, 06:12 PM
1: Gazrozan w/e mage in the hive http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

2: uhhh They hurt =)

Inazuma
Mar 4, 2007, 06:46 PM
mizura.... they have so much HP, its just absurd.

Soukosa
Mar 4, 2007, 08:01 PM
1. Forum whiners
2. Because they can't handle a bit of a challenge in the game.

Randomness
Mar 4, 2007, 08:08 PM
On 2007-03-04 17:01, Sounomi wrote:
1. Forum whiners
2. Because they can't handle a bit of a challenge in the game.

Who can't appreciate the occasional suicide run?

Sexy_Raine
Mar 4, 2007, 08:56 PM
Most are easy, leave their difficulty the it is

Bil de Bears are a joke, I soloed them on System defense S. I can't believe people think they're really tough.

Mizuras are easy I can kill the lv90 ones like 30 seconds.

Grinna Bete C's are annoying, maybe they should get toned down a little.

Scion
Mar 4, 2007, 09:23 PM
I know solutions to those problems...

Gaozorans: Rangers - Use a gun that can silence. I've seen level 2 silence work on these guys, so it doesn't have to be from a leveled rifle. Forces - Cast diga. They stop attacking you, and you're safe. Save for the buffed ones which you can't proc (that's when silence traps come in handy).

Mizuras: Zoldeel. Learn it, know it, and love it.

So...To answer this question...

1. Monster: None
2. Reason: Cuz there's always a way to painlessly take down monster.

Zorafim
Mar 4, 2007, 10:48 PM
Bees, sorcerers, and worms. These three enemies are the three enemies that slow you down most when doing their respective missions.

Bee's insane defensive capabilities are coupled with decent attack power and an easy to miss attack animation which stuns. They takes forever to kill and barely give any exp considering the amount of time it took to kill them.

Sorcerers also have insane defense, and they also have insane offense. Beyond that, they can teleport, making it even more difficult to attack them. It takes longer to kill a single one of these than a room filled with other hive enemies.

Worms just take too long to kill. Everything they have is defense. First off, they can become invincible without any warning. There's no way to tell when they're going to submerge, and the instant they do they become immune to all damage. They can stay submerged for as long as they please, and even submerge a second time when they come back up. When they pop up, they do damage and lower your attack power, both of which I think are unreasonable. Then when they are above ground, they have a 360 degree attack that knocks down anyone in range, often hitting twice. All these things combined make it nearly impossible to attack them, and they can still take hits better than most other enemies you meet. I can empty a weapon on just one room of worms.

I can take a challenge, and often enjoy them. In fact, this generation of games don't have enough challenge. However, PSU isn't about challenge, it's about progress. These enemies impede on your progress due to their low reward considering their challenge. They give moderate exp, often lower than other enemies which are much easier to kill. They also slow down the party considerably, giving you less MP per second. They aren't challenging, since having a stack of mates and dolls and a full weapon an do anything. They're just annoying and lower the experience of the mission their in.

If they compensated their power with an equal reward, such as higher MP in the mission they're in and greater exp per kill, then less people would complain. After all, nobody minds king varieties of enemies, since they give higher rewards than their normal counterparts.

omegapirate2k
Mar 4, 2007, 10:49 PM
Worms just take too long to kill. Everything they have is defense. First off, they can become invincible without any warning. There's no way to tell when they're going to submerge, and the instant they do they become immune to all damage. They can stay submerged for as long as they please, and even submerge a second time when they come back up. When they pop up, they do damage and lower your attack power, both of which I think are unreasonable. Then when they are above ground, they have a 360 degree attack that knocks down anyone in range, often hitting twice. All these things combined make it nearly impossible to attack them, and they can still take hits better than most other enemies you meet. I can empty a weapon on just one room of worms.

I endorse this statement, better than lowering them, they should remove them altogether!

GOD I hate worms...

Ronin1of47
Mar 4, 2007, 11:07 PM
isnt that the point of C,B,A, and S rank difficulties
lower level monsters?

necman
Mar 5, 2007, 12:23 PM
There was one creature that I wish would disapear. You can't see it till it rubs you out. It's called the 057 disconect request. It can kill mission points and pa frags in an instant.

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2007, 12:47 PM
I agree. Nerf DCs.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 12:55 PM
Yep. That happened to me not long ago. The DCs are the main monsters I want nerfed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
Lols. Why make a game easier. Then it would get boring. Not to be mean, but you need to get better at fighting these hard enemies. I have troubles with the gaozorans since two hits and I'm dead, but I keep going at it. This reminds me of how people complain about A Bruce missions being hard. I'm actually hoping they do make this game harder, more interesting. Without challenges, what else would there be to keep players on their toes? Lapuchas?

Tiyr
Mar 5, 2007, 01:04 PM
I don't mind a challenge, but I DO think it's a problem when two variants of the same map can be hugely different in difficulty. That, and XP doesn't split evenly--there's no way Mizura should be worth less than half the creatures on Moatoob.

The real problem I see is that there's no reason to do a Mad Beasts map with Mizura when you can do one without in half the time for the same reward. Same goes for Gaozorans in the hive, or Goshin anywhere. Again, not that they're too hard, but that they're far stronger than the creatures that may be in their place. I don't care if they make everything else harder, or make them easier, or just make them worth more XP / meseta, but koltova =/= mizura, sorry.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 5, 2007, 01:32 PM
I'm going to chime in with the others here:

Bees - fine, give them insane evade, but what is with all those HPs? They are 10x harder than any other monster in the runs they appear in...Including Jarbras (who are also difficul)

Worms - my beef with them is centered around the fact that they are both difficult to get an hit on, yet can relatively easily get a hit in on you. I have wasted more PP trying to get a dus duggas off on these guys...

Sorcerers - the have too many "answers" for different types of attacks. If you are at range, they foie. If you get close, rabarta. If they feel like it, megids type attacks. And they teleport when this get hairy for them. They take 1/2 damage from melee attacks as well. Tiresome.

And there is too much megids in general as well. I'm so over it.

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 01:41 PM
And having different attacks is any different than another player? Why can't an enemy have multiple attacks and a player can? I do agree to increase their rewards exp and meseta(gaozorans do drop more meseta than other enemies in that area and howrods on S), but not nerf em. I'd quite this game if they dumded it down for people who want it easier. Sure worms and bees are annoying, but burn/virus the bees and jsut deal with the worms gophering. Pretty much every other enemy is a mirrored imaged of another.

Why not make every enemy the same as a g*ddamn polty and we can all sing songs?! Come on now. All I hear is, oh it's too easy. and Now, oh it's hard. Deal with it. These enemies are in the game to put up road blocks. Games need challenges.

Cz
Mar 5, 2007, 01:47 PM
monsters dont need to be weaker, i though they werent that challenging at all. Sure some can be very very very annoying but they got their charm....for example the worms. >.> who here doesnt love the worms, lol....kidding. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
But one thing they should REMOVE is the monsters teleporting back and forth. Gosh that is the most annoying thing ever. Like when fighting Carrigune (if i spell it right), he charge at u then somehow teleport back and charge again at u. Teleporting monsters are very dangerous to anyone if they got hit twice by it espcially FO!!!

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 01:50 PM
The carrigune doesn't teleport per-se, he actually just hits the limits of his area and spawns back to his default position, all enemies do it, just some do it more than others.

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 01:51 PM
Sometimes the Carriguine teleports due to the field size he's allowed to spawn on, like if enemies reach a certain point they dissapear. Also in a party, people see different positions which causes enemies to teleport cause the servers are trying to syn up players. Bil De Vears do the same thing in Bruce. I'll be healing and turn around, there's a Bil De Vear blender in my face suddenly. More, harder enemies wanted.

Cz
Mar 5, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-03-05 10:51, CyarVictor wrote:
Also in a party, people see different positions which causes enemies to teleport cause the servers are trying to syn up players. Bil De Vears do the same thing in Bruce. I'll be healing and turn around, there's a Bil De Vear blender in my face suddenly.

this is wat meant. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
they needed to remove this feature. In PSO the monsters doesnt suddenly appear in front of u like PSU does.

retsel
Mar 5, 2007, 02:27 PM
Well heres the thing everyone beleaves the worms, mages and bees are worse than other monsters.Than ppl beleave its not a challenge so mabe than they can even out the monsters. So its more of a challenge without makeing u want to trough your controler(or mouse)

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 02:44 PM
The servers need to be synch with players better. I mean in WOW and nerverwinter Nights, everyone saw what each other saw. I want to see bigger mobs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

DummieAcount
Mar 5, 2007, 05:05 PM
The thing that pisses me off about people who call people forum whiners because they don't "like a challenge" is that things like mizura are not challenging. It is not hard to stand behind them and spam a PA for an extended period of time. Its just really fucking tedious.

VanHalen
Mar 5, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-03-05 10:56, BunnyGirl wrote:

On 2007-03-05 10:51, CyarVictor wrote:
Also in a party, people see different positions which causes enemies to teleport cause the servers are trying to syn up players. Bil De Vears do the same thing in Bruce. I'll be healing and turn around, there's a Bil De Vear blender in my face suddenly.

this is wat meant. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
they needed to remove this feature. In PSO the monsters doesnt suddenly appear in front of u like PSU does.

But that's the fun part http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hunter1: woah where did that go-vahra go?
Hunter2: *go-vahra appears in front of him *
Vahra: Surprise suprise
*beats down hunter2*

No but it does get annoying. That new neudaiz party mission in the beginning I thought we had to fight 65 ollkas because they kept teleporting just before they hit me.