PDA

View Full Version : PSU: That would be awsome..

MayLee
Mar 5, 2007, 08:28 AM
That would be so awsome if PSU had the same graphics as DOA4. I mean, PSU has some really good grahics and effects, Moving clothes anf hair and real water effects and a bit more. But, making the character look a bit more real would be cool, I mean when you go take your character out who has long flowing hair, their hair moves in one big clump instead of moving freely and showing real hair effects. In DOA4, a couple steps forward and you see strands of hair actually flowing on the character's body. The skin looks more realistic and so do the clothes a bit.

I am not complaining, I am loving how ST handled the graphics of PSU. But what if they were inhanced a bit?

Would be awsome.

Just a thought.

Kismet
Mar 5, 2007, 08:35 AM
No, it wouldn't be awesome. Otherwise, someone else would've said something by now. <_<

Lol, j/k. XD

Actually, Sega needs a good kick in the ass with a 'Foot of Sexy Graphic Design'.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 08:36 AM
XD you were talking about this when we were playing DOA4 yesterday, something about grass textures or something.

MayLee
Mar 5, 2007, 08:40 AM
On 2007-03-05 05:36, omegapirate2k wrote:
XD you were talking about this when we were playing DOA4 yesterday, something about grass textures or something.

Also about how everything looks more realistic.

Who cares about boobs effects, I want my character to look like a living breathing pink haired girl.

Hair shine and flowing locks, clothes that move..BUT don't fly up with one step..DOA4..Tisk.

The shadow below you shouldn't be this big bloba-majig..

When you come into the light in the PUB it should show that there is light shining on you..=

Kismet
Mar 5, 2007, 08:43 AM
On 2007-03-05 05:40, MayLee wrote:

The shadow below you shouldn't be this big bloba-majig..

When you come into the light in the PUB it should show that there is light shining on you..=

LMAO, that's so true. Maybe it's just harder for them to make gameplay look nicer...? (a.k.a more expensive?) Sometimes, I've seen that happen in anime. Like, the openings look really sexy, and then the actual episodes are crap because of budget cuts/limitations. (Perfect Example: Edens Bowy)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kismet on 2007-03-05 05:44 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 08:44 AM

On 2007-03-05 05:36, omegapirate2k wrote:

Who cares about boobs effects, I want my character to look like a living breathing pink haired girl.

Don't the boob effects come hand in hand with that? Like, if you mess with the proportion, things get more bouncy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Miyoko
Mar 5, 2007, 08:52 AM
Sega doesn't have the money Square-Enix does, so they can't make games as pretty. However, on the flipside, while Square-Enix has money and can make a pretty game, they sure as hell haven't made a good game since Parasite Eve... Yeah, I said it, Square-Enix sucks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*Puts on high-fire-resistant armor and hides*

Sychosis
Mar 5, 2007, 08:52 AM
Who cares about boobs effects

>_>
<_<
>_>
<_<

I like it when Nyasia's flat chested self jiggles a lil bit...

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 08:55 AM
DOA wasn't made by Square-Enix...

Sychosis
Mar 5, 2007, 08:58 AM
If they did it would be made of turn based epic fail.

Dhylec
Mar 5, 2007, 09:00 AM
It's nice to dream, but it's wishful thinking. This is Sega we are talking about.
PSU can't be a hi-def, physic-realistic game, unless everyone is OK with cardboard cutout-quality backgrounds. Think people. ;D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-03-05 06:42 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 5, 2007, 09:02 AM
PSO wasn't a bad looking game for its time. The real reason for low quality graphics is clearly the PS2.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 09:03 AM
On 2007-03-05 06:00, Dhylec wrote:
unless everyone is OK with cardboard cutout-quality backgrounds. Think people. ;D

It worked for Baten Kaitos

http://www.storyhost.com/~dojomed2/media/GCN/B/Baten_Kaitos/20031022/02.jpg

MaximumBurst
Mar 5, 2007, 09:25 AM
While it would be nice if the graphics were better, not everyone's computer is the equivalent of an XBOX. Heck, I have to play on almost the barebones minimum for graphics settings.

Tahldon
Mar 5, 2007, 09:29 AM
Maylee would go off and start daydreaming about DOA4 like graphics on PSU, wouldn't she... tsk tsk tsk.

You thought you were stalked some time ago, think about how many poor guys will be gawking at female characters and Lord knows what else.

Lol it'd be cool, but there'd be a million more pervs than there already are Maylee http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And who wants that?

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 09:50 AM
On 2007-03-05 06:29, Tahldon wrote:
And who wants that?

Possibly maylee.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 10:33 AM
To tell the truth, while playing, sometimes I kind of wonder what my characters would be like with a little more detail in motion and everything. Stuff like facial expressions and characteristic movements. That is, little idiosyncracies about how a character moves (not unlike signature motions in a sports game of sorts).

Hair detail would be nice. Right now, Tynselle's hair is a tiny bit scary in comparison to how it really should move. This is because it moves by the "Azumanga Daioh Chiyo-Chan" Theory.

Chiyo-Chan Theory, as devised by Osaka (Azumanga Daioh):
"The theory that her pigtails are connected somehow, and that one could imagine she could fly with those things."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-05 07:33 ]</font>

-Rune-
Mar 5, 2007, 10:49 AM
Wow, DOA4... that'd be a huge jump in detail xD I'd prolly say at least tekken 5 style detail. The only way i know I'd see my characters in some cool arse DOA type graphics is if I finally stopped being lazy and passed my CG classes at art institute. Then it'd be Runelicious ftw! <3

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 10:58 AM
Tekken 5 detail wouldn't be bad, either. I'd settle for that as well. Just as long as we don't see about a Million Lee(s) doing the Infamous Lee Tekken 5 Thumbs up pose. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Still, I'd think Tynselle would work great with it. She wouldn't bounce in certain ways due to her build, but the movements would be a little less strange. I'm not totally satisfied with DOA4 hair movements for straight shoulder-length hair, but I'm starting to like any kind of free-moving physics over certain stock animation. At least stock animation that makes it look like Tynselle has mechanical levers inside her pigtails, that precisely move together.

MayLee
Mar 5, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-03-05 06:29, Tahldon wrote:
Maylee would go off and start daydreaming about DOA4 like graphics on PSU, wouldn't she... tsk tsk tsk.

You thought you were stalked some time ago, think about how many poor guys will be gawking at female characters and Lord knows what else.

Lol it'd be cool, but there'd be a million more pervs than there already are Maylee http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And who wants that?

Obviously you do, Tahlies. -_-

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2007, 11:55 AM
Higher graphics would mean slower loading times, as well as worse sinc. However, if I can get my Levia to have flowing hair to her ankles, it would all be worth it.

CyarVictor
Mar 5, 2007, 12:20 PM
Yep, look at WOW for example. it has lower graphics due to the sheer amount of users on in a given area at a given time. The hardware has to calculate on the fly rather than already being pre-rendered like in a cut-scene or movie. Games have to render on the fly due to continuous changes happening at once within the environment/scene: from camera changes to attacks and lighting effects(well, fake lighting/verticie lighting). I mean DO4 is pretty looking, but some of the animation isn't great. Look at the hands for one, they don't close naturally or smoothly. Only when punching they look/move good. Also another note: good graphics do not always mean a good game. Take Gears of War: real good looking graphics, but is actually a real simple fps multiplayer where you can kill a guy with 2 pistol slaps(slaps mind you) yet you won't die from a full clip from a machine gun.

PSU could handle better graphics, but not over the top. Alot can actually just be better texture maps for the environment and characters, though, displacement maps should be used only on characters. The other thing I would enjoy seeing is more character/enemy animations; better ones for the enemies especially.

Umberger
Mar 5, 2007, 12:21 PM
I don't know what you are talking about...Dead or Alive 4 has some awful hair. Also, I think the only reason it's not leaps and bounds above PC/PS2 in terms of graphics is because they didn't feel like remaking 90% of the game (models, textures, certain effects).

Freshellent
Mar 5, 2007, 01:58 PM
When I made the jump from PS2 to PC I can honestly say it felt like I was playing a different game. It was absurd,everything ran better,from combat,to simply rendering the person standing net to me.
I will say this. I would like to see the characters when left idle do things like mess with their hair
fiddle with jackets. In combat if I wear gloves I'd like to see those get adjusted when standing still once and a while. I can't tell you how many times I waited for my alt to tap the ground with the toe of his boot when I was waiting for other party members to the teleporter.

Little details are needed in the game,more rain,more snow, (read) wind! Puddles of water,flowing rivers something.

I'd love to see Einhart mess with his Deathmakers while he wasn't shooting,holding his weapons double fisted all day makes him and everyone else that does look like a stiff.