PDA

View Full Version : GBA PS Compilation

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 09:17 AM
It includes PS 1, 2, and 3, and I'm just wondering if any PSOWers here have it, I'd like to know what you guys think about it, because I'm considering buying it.

So... is it worth a buy?

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 5, 2007, 11:17 AM
Well, it's Phantasy Star 1, 2 and 3 all in one cart. If you want to play Phantasy Star on your Game Boy Advance or on your GameCube, then absolutely. Drop the cash.

DizzyDi
Mar 5, 2007, 11:23 AM
are they remakes with enhanced graphics and the like? or just straight up ports?

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 5, 2007, 11:33 AM
They're just ports. To their credit though, they truely are ports-- they're not simply emulated.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 12:18 PM
Well, I've heard some good things about it, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

Nai_Calus
Mar 5, 2007, 04:58 PM
It should be noted that there is a bug with the saving in PSI, though, and it will sometimes freeze, so I would save often. On the bright side, you can save just about anywhere in PSI(Including dungeons), so it's not like you have to do backtracking in order to save.

Mirinee
Mar 5, 2007, 06:06 PM
PSI:
Yes, they introduced a saving bug. Apparently, it freezes if you save just as the music is starting to loop, so switch the sound on (unless you're me and actually like the music http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. Mega-nostalgia) and wait until it's at the middle of a tune and save then.

Also, they changed the bit where they called the Esper a "she". About time.

PSII:
The walking speed isn't really really slow any more, yes!

PSIII:
Still haven't played this!

Edit: Grr, bad wording.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mirinee on 2007-03-05 15:08 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 11:38 PM
Ooh, I dig fast walking speed ^_^

OnnaWren
Mar 27, 2007, 11:37 AM
I heard that there were some grammatical and punctuation tweaks, nothing major, though.

Weeaboolits
Apr 13, 2007, 12:23 PM
So no PSIV? Sucks, but I still want it, too bad I can't find it... ;_; the stores never stock anything I want... I had a hell of a time finding a copy of PSO ep1&2 for the GCN...

xellos667
Apr 13, 2007, 12:28 PM
then I guess eBay is your friend http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

OnnaWren
Apr 17, 2007, 06:24 PM
I believe that the original idea from THQ was to release I-III on one cart, and then release IV on a second cart dependent on how sales of I-III did. Needless to say no one really bought I-III because they were all waiting for IV, so it was never released.

At least, not until Sega Genesis Colection for PS2 and PSP, anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2007-04-17 16:24 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 17, 2007, 11:31 PM
I don't know about THQ ever planning to release PSIV separately. My understanding of the ordeal, was that the whole series would have been on a single cart, except that Sega apparently misplaced the Phantasy Star IV source code.

What I think is silly about that whole thing though, is that I'm certain that even an amatuer programmer could conceivably rip the game data from the ROM, and re-code the engine, easily enough. Hell, if an amatuer can created a fucking Genesis Emulator that mimics the functions of a Genesis perfectly enough to play Phantasy Star IV without a hitch, then SURELY a professional programer could reverse engineer a relatively simple game cart.

zandra117
Apr 20, 2007, 07:33 PM
I want PSIV on gba http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif , it's annoying to play it on my pc. Maybe I can mod my PSP to play an emulator for PSIV

Nai_Calus
Apr 22, 2007, 03:36 AM
Wasn't there a PSP version of the Sega Genesis Collection, though, or am I smoking crack? Why not just get that and get your PSIV on that way?