PDA

View Full Version : Something I've been thinking about.

-Rune-
Mar 5, 2007, 11:05 AM
I'm curious, I've always wondered if while synthing certain weapons/items you have a choice of using elemental photons, el-photons and standard, but the %'s go down dramatically. I'm just curious if there may be more rares currently out than we know about.

I wonder if you use el-photons on a let's say a Calibur and it lowers the % to about 11% or some nonsense is there a chance it can come out as a rare, or il-regular stats? Just curious, cause i have no idea why they would have you substitute those items KNOWing the success rate would be lower for the same weapon.

Sorry if this was a topic already but I would really like to know.

Akaimizu
Mar 5, 2007, 11:08 AM
Good question. I thought of this a while ago, but I think people kept saying it was luck-only based. Still, early on, there was no way I was getting high percentages no matter how much I synthed. So I kind of guessed that maybe they were using higher graded materials. It was a theory, but I never knew whether there was truth to it.

-Rune-
Mar 5, 2007, 11:15 AM
I just don't see what the point of having that kind of substitute would be. Unless they figured it'd be easier the find el-photons? But cant you buy both in stores. Iono it's just a theory.

Now I'm starting to feel dumb though cause I bet if something like that were around Japan players would have figured it out and someone would have translated it and spread the word. My head hurts now *deflates* ._.

SuperRygar
Mar 5, 2007, 11:22 AM
the El and Im photons are for synthing guns and rods, some boards require you to use them, so they are in the game. you can substitute them for melee weapons so you can create non-elemental weapons. its a good theory, and would be cool if it were true..but i dont think there's any evidence for it

-Rune-
Mar 5, 2007, 11:27 AM
yea but... a regular photon RAISES the chance of the weapon's success rate AND keeps it neutral... so why are el and im in the melee lists? I derno... I'm not letting this go easily lol <3

Golto
Mar 5, 2007, 11:29 AM
Offline it could upgrade some melee weapons by 1* by using El-photons. Making a Falchon into a Jitseen.

-Rune-
Mar 5, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-03-05 08:29, Golto wrote:
Offline it could upgrade some melee weapons by 1* by using El-photons. Making a Falchon into a Jitseen.

o_O holy... that's huge! It sucks cause no one would wanna risk finding something rare then trying to synth with el/im's... Maybe I should test my theory on offline since it wouldn't cause much damage to my "depression factor"

SuperRygar
Mar 5, 2007, 11:58 AM
i could do some testing too, i synth alot of low level weapons to feed to my PM and i use the EL and IM photons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i dont pay attention to what comes out, but if i notice a different weapon does come out ill let you know ^.^

necman
Mar 5, 2007, 12:10 PM
not really a difference but by lowering the chance different boards can produce different failures. it would suprise you what a failed synth might turn out. I failed a synth and made some mushroom decoration.

-Rune-
Mar 5, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-03-05 08:58, SuperRygar wrote:
i could do some testing too, i synth alot of low level weapons to feed to my PM and i use the EL and IM photons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif i dont pay attention to what comes out, but if i notice a different weapon does come out ill let you know ^.^

Cool just IM or PM me the results, I'm more curious to know if the weapon has different starting stats. Iono sega is just shady sometimes with the secrets and one may be sitting right in front of our eyes xD

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 5, 2007, 01:31 PM
It does nothing online, at least not currently (other than lower your synth chance).