PDA

View Full Version : Is PSU's Music Starting to Nail in Your Head?

Ryogen
Mar 5, 2007, 03:00 PM
Honestly, we all say the classics are the best, but...I'm actually starting to feel a couple of the tracks in PSU, though some of them don't match the enviroment it's really getting to me.

Rashiid
Mar 5, 2007, 03:01 PM
yeah i remember allot of the tunez from this game, stuck in mah head allot >.>

Howard_Moon
Mar 5, 2007, 03:01 PM
Menu > System > Options > Music > lvl 0

I had to do it a loooong time ago hahaha

I prefer the old pso stuff much better to be honest ..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Howard_Moon on 2007-03-05 12:02 ]</font>

Ryogen
Mar 5, 2007, 03:02 PM
I'd have to say the Relics music matches the mysterious enviroment and the music that plays when you are logging in/selection of character/character creation music is another that I really like.

Midicronica
Mar 5, 2007, 03:07 PM
Naw, I always have my music playing through my Xbox, so I never have to listen to the game music, but as of yesterday, I can no longer do that. My mic broke and I had to dig out an already broken mic, that I can only talk and not hear through, so I have to put on speaker.

You should setup your 360, so you can stream music from your PC!

PJ
Mar 5, 2007, 03:09 PM
I may love PSU music, but I listen to me Fall Out Boy <3

Niered
Mar 5, 2007, 03:09 PM
Ive said it once, Ill say it again. I like the music in PSU because its faster paced than PSO's, and that makes sense since PSU is faster then PSO in gameplay. Now IF they were too bring back longer winded, endurance type ares then they should go back to the old formula of slower paced, darker music.

foamcup
Mar 5, 2007, 03:10 PM
Some of the stuff is good, the only one that comes to mind right now though is the second part of the Fakis fight. That fight was pretty epic.

Emrald
Mar 5, 2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6laQqzx4fU

this song would be awesome for like a cutscene that's all fighting!

JAFO22000
Mar 5, 2007, 03:11 PM
When the next iteration of online Phantasy Star is realeased, everyone will be wanting it to be more like PSU.

Midicronica
Mar 5, 2007, 03:11 PM
On 2007-03-05 12:09, PJ wrote:
I may love PSU music, but I listen to me Fall Out Boy <3

Aww man, I love every track on their latest album.

Carpal Tunnel of Love FTW!

pokefiend
Mar 5, 2007, 03:21 PM
I like many music themes PSU uses. (especially Forested Island, Mizuraki Defense, Sleeping Warrior, the Train station one, Endrum Remnants, and my room theme music)

Neith
Mar 5, 2007, 03:29 PM
Fakis' final phase ('The Vibe- End of Planets') is an awesome track, really epic, which couldn't be more fitting for the pain he deals out.

Also, I love the 'Madness the Machine Sparx' track (Adahna Degahna/Magas Magahnna theme), and HIVE's music.

Still can't stand the Endrum music, or Ragan's. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 5, 2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'm currently in the works of remixing the many songs of PSU. I listen to other things while playing the game, though.

I receive all the songs from this website:
[Mod Edit: Do not link to MP3s]

Don't really know exactly when I'll be finish with my project, but I will soon enough and post a thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

But the things I listen to are bands and guys like:
Fort Minor
Linkin Park
Blue October
Dj Kurvy

A lot of varieties x.x~
Oh, I had a logo ready for it but I didnt want to reveal this info until sometime later, but meh, lookie *it's official from me ;3~
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/skyepic/remixlogo1.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-05 12:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-03-05 15:39 ]</font>

VanHalen
Mar 5, 2007, 03:43 PM
I like raffron fields, the train stage, forested islands, and the mech boss fights.

Ronin1of47
Mar 5, 2007, 03:48 PM
i like the hive music just wish there more to it i kinda get sick of the same minute or two of music ( even more so when i spend 2 hours running hive s by my self) but thats what playlist are for i guess

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 5, 2007, 04:20 PM
The HIV music makes me :<. Abysmal Ball would fit nicely though.

Also: Growl, from the Depths of the Earth >>>>>>>> Growl, from the Wild Sky

RiskBreaker
Mar 5, 2007, 04:46 PM
Unlike PSO, I find most of the PSU tracks quite forgettable. I especially miss the split between battle and calm moments that the PSO music had.

Personally I've just ripped the majority of decent tracks from PSO to my 360 and have them playing in the background. Can't beat Tricktrack, Growl and Burning Rangers! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pengfishh
Mar 5, 2007, 04:50 PM
Never once. I keep the shits off.

DavidNel
Mar 5, 2007, 04:53 PM
I really don't notice the music... Huh, unintentional deafness?!

Para
Mar 5, 2007, 04:55 PM
Ukishima ftw.

Most of the other tracks are getting very blah... especially Raffon Fields x_x

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 5, 2007, 05:21 PM
Ok, I was bored, so I decided to look over the whole OST, and frankly, it isn't that bad overall. Particularly good are Raffon Meadow, Rozenom Line Milate 04, Mizuraki C.D., Hakura Temple, Madness the Machine Sparx, Galenigare Mine, RELICS - Awakening, Contamination - Ice, Z.C. Enemy: 2, Brave Fight, and The Vibe - The End of Planets.

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2007, 05:26 PM
Many songs are just horrid. I'm not even sure they got a composer for them, they may have just got someone to improvise some music and just use that. There are some songs that are interesting, but most of them don't stand up to any previous Phantasy Star music (which I never enjoyed for the music).

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 05:26 PM
Actually, I like the song for dulk fakis' second form (The Vibe -End of planets-), I also like Brave fight (it's the song that plays when you encounter ethan in online story mode), Last Story(The song that place when Ethan is having that saber duel with Magashi in the hive control room), and Z.C Enemy 2 (it's the song you fight the Vol brothers on)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-03-05 14:32 ]</font>

Tra
Mar 5, 2007, 05:27 PM
Holtes City and My Room.............................................. ............................................ favorites

VanHalen
Mar 5, 2007, 05:29 PM
Ohtoku City is pretty nice too and Guardians Colony is another favorite

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 5, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-03-05 14:26, Zorafim wrote:
Many songs are just horrid. I'm not even sure they got a composer for them, they may have just got someone to improvise some music and just use that.
Most of the songs were composed by Hideaki Kobayashi and a few others, most of whom composed PSO music, at least Episode 4.

RadiantLegend
Mar 5, 2007, 05:32 PM
MD/Forested island/sleeping warriors.

Thats all i can stand.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-03-05 14:31, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-03-05 14:26, Zorafim wrote:
Many songs are just horrid. I'm not even sure they got a composer for them, they may have just got someone to improvise some music and just use that.
Most of the songs were composed by Hideaki Kobayashi and a few others, most of whom composed PSO music, at least Episode 4.

I recall atleast one being composed by Fumie Kumatani, whose worked on a multitude of sonic game tracks, Fumie probably helped in PSO as well.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 5, 2007, 05:39 PM
Yes, Fumie Kumatani is one of the composers as well.

http://www.psupedia.info/index.php?title=For_Brighter_Day_OST

Most of it was done my Hideaki Kobayashi, Fumie Kumatani, and Kenichi Tokoi. I think all three of them did some PSO stuff, but I'm not entirely certain.

Scion
Mar 5, 2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah...PSU's music is somewhat disappointing.

When I played Story Mode, I had high hopes, because one of the first missions you do is on the Raffon Meadow (entitled "Raffon Meadow", xD). I thought that song was pretty sweet. Then it followed with "Rozenom Line Milate 04" (The train mission). But then my hopes were crushed as soon as I got to Neudaiz (specifically, Mizuraki). It just lost it's edge by that point. Only saving grace was the "Galeginare Mines" track. I do like "The Vibe -The End of Planets", though. It's very "Dies Irae"-ish...lol.

It's a shame...because these songs just don't spark inspiration in me to compose something...PSO had a myriad of tracks that did (except for caves...man...talk about ambient).

Oh, and D.J...That remix sounds interesting. I'd love to hear it once you're finished.

Kaydin
Mar 5, 2007, 06:04 PM
The Bruce's Dungeon music rules. Same music as PSO's Spaceship. ;D

AC9breaker
Mar 5, 2007, 06:13 PM
I personally love the PSU music. Probably the only one I don't like is Raffon Fields.
Favorite stage songs are Lab & Hakura. Boss traclks are Machine Sparxx and End of Planets. I think they did an awesome job with the music. Just not with Raffon Meadows.

Pengfishh
Mar 5, 2007, 06:53 PM
I'll tell you all an artist that is a very interesting compliment to PSU: check out a fella named Daedelus. I'll often listen to some Daedelus while playing PSU and it very much changes the feel of what is going on.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-03-05 15:04, Kadan wrote:
The Bruce's Dungeon music rules. Same music as PSO's Spaceship. ;D

Ouch, that one hurt.

Blueblur
Mar 5, 2007, 07:13 PM
I prefer the music in PSO so much better. I usually circumvent it by hooking up my iPod to my 360 and playing music. Sometimes even PSO tracks.

Hucast-Kireek
Mar 5, 2007, 08:12 PM
I love the main theme, its jawsome!

Sekani
Mar 5, 2007, 10:54 PM
Best tracks:
Save This World orchestral version
Rozenom Line Milate 04
Ukishima
Floader (from story mode)
The Last Story (from story mode)

The rest range from poor to OK in my opinion. Except for "The Last Story" none are quite as good as the tracks from PSO episode 2, though most are better than episode 1.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 11:49 PM
YES, another Last Story lover!

*high fives Sekani*

Weeaboolits
Mar 6, 2007, 12:55 AM
What we need is some Crush 40!
Live and learn! Hanging on the edge of tomorrow!

Krisan
Mar 6, 2007, 01:52 AM
If anyone ever figures out how to edit the music files directly.. I'd be most grateful if they shared it. I think I'd change practically every track to something from PSO or similar just so I don't have to go crazy listening to PSU's music.. or have to mute the music and fiddle with winamp in windowed mode. Bleh..

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 6, 2007, 01:56 AM
On 2007-03-05 21:55, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolno.

Weeaboolits
Mar 6, 2007, 02:10 AM
On 2007-03-05 22:56, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-03-05 21:55, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolno.

How 'bout L'arc~en~Ciel then?

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 02:50 AM
For all that I do prefer PSU to PSO in most regards, the music in PSU makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry and contemplate how far humanity has fallen and beg for the return of PSO music.

SarinSerafi
Mar 6, 2007, 02:58 AM
I actually enjoy the music of PSU, and leave the music on at all times. Personal faves are Mizuraki C.D., Galenigare Mine, Abandoned City: Mellvore, S.E.E.D. -Hive-, and the Tricktrack theme in Bruce's (I'm aware it's from PSO, but it plays in PSU too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

forevergamer
Mar 6, 2007, 03:31 AM
some of the stuff is okay.when i started to play PSU,the music sinks in.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still...

Vaxillus
Mar 6, 2007, 03:36 AM
The PSU tracks could have been much better. I liked them at first (well, except for that crappy jazz-type stuff on Moatoob) but they loop so much you tear your hair out when trying to grind a mission. There are some I still like, but unfortunately they aren't used in most of the normal missions.

A2K
Mar 6, 2007, 05:37 AM
Galenigare Mine is one of my favorites. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

The soundtrack is composed by the same people as in PSO: Hideaki Kobayashi, Fumie Kumatani (both of which worked on every title since the first on Dreamcast), and Kenichi Tokoi (who joined the gang in Episode III and did music for Blue Burst's Episode IV--Saint-Milion's theme being a standout) as well. Seirou Okamoto and TAI-HEY also contribute a handful in PSU.