PDA

View Full Version : Anything to do on PSU yet?

Aceizace
Mar 5, 2007, 06:38 PM
Hello everyone!

I took a trip into town the day PSU came out to buy it, man was I disapointed with the result. It's a great idea, but I got so fed up with the actual amount to do. I found that it was usually only worth doing one or two missions for any particular level (others too easy, or not high enough level), and that was the only way to actually play the game. So basically PSU consisted of just doing the same mission over and over to level up to do another mission over and over. Because of this I just didn't bother to renew my licence.

So, my question is, has this been fixed yet? Every now and then I look at the recent updates, and they only seem to have added new S-rank missions, or rasied the level cap. I want something to keep me playing the game at the lower levels, not more to do once I've maxed out - because at the moment I'm never going to get there.

Thanks!
~Andrew

Rashiid
Mar 5, 2007, 06:42 PM
New Missions, PAs, Lvl Cap, PM's (this week), S2 (also this week).

and of coarse, clothes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

edit: o yeah and Expert Classes, which are hard to lvl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-03-05 15:43 ]</font>

RadiantLegend
Mar 5, 2007, 06:45 PM
When you do decide to come back you'll notice you shouldn't have been gone for so long.

Tengoku
Mar 5, 2007, 06:49 PM
Fixed? As in neutered? Not so much. /sarcasm

The basic game structure has not been changed. If you did not like the game as it was, more clothes, more levels, and more items might not make you like the game more. It's still the same, just more the same. Think of it like ice cream. You go to an ice cream store and don't like ice cream (although you are a very weird person for not enjoying ice cream), so you leave. Adding more flavors won't make you want to go back as it's still an ice cream store.

Or, you could always pony up the $10 and try it out for a month, and see if you like the new changes. Your experience is worth more to you than the opinions of the whole board.

DizzyDi
Mar 5, 2007, 06:51 PM
Lol S2.

Sega Guy 1: Hey Yoshi Hiruguchi! We gotta update tommorow man.

Sega Guy 2: Lol What? Duuuuude, I totally forgot. I was wasted this whole weekend. My homeboy Heero came over with some weed and alcohol. We ordered some hookers and partied man. What are we gunna do?

Both: Hmm...

Sega Guy 2: HEY I'VE GOT IT! Lets just up the stats on the existing mobs, and make it so that like...EVERYONE can throw megid out now, and call it SS difficulty!

Sega Guy 1: But isn't that just... artificial difficulty? I mean...thats not even really new content, we're just reusing the same old shit.

Sega Guy 2: Excuse me, I'm a veteran Sonic Team employee, I know what I'm doing. Now bring me some more beer, I have a date with another hooker tonight.

pokefiend
Mar 5, 2007, 06:54 PM
All they keep doing is adding new S ranks, and increasing level caps?!!! Sweetie, I think you're a bit mistaken. Recently PSU's updates have been consumed mostly by newly released missions. And if you are addressing the 360 version, right now, the most popular mission is still Bruse Dungeon C-A. However "Eastern Peril", "Dark Satellite", "Awakening" (don't know full name yet ;_;), "Mizuraki Defense", "Valley of Carnage", "Mad Creatures", "Plains Overlord", "Dual Sentinal", "Unsafe Passage", "Fight for Food", and "Tunnel Recapture" are all hotspots where you can easily find a mission to join. (hell it's hard not to find one mission going on anywhere) No need to subject yourself to one mission over and over again.

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 06:55 PM
On 2007-03-05 15:51, DizzyDi wrote:
Lol S2.

Sega Guy 1: Hey Yoshi Hiruguchi! We gotta update tommorow man.

Sega Guy 2: Lol What? Duuuuude, I totally forgot. I was wasted this whole weekend. My homeboy Heero came over with some weed and alcohol. We ordered some hookers and partied man. What are we gunna do?

Both: Hmm...

Sega Guy 2: HEY I'VE GOT IT! Lets just up the stats on the existing mobs, and make it so that like...EVERYONE can throw megid out now, and call it SS difficulty!

Sega Guy 1: But isn't that just... artificial difficulty? I mean...thats not even really new content, we're just reusing the same old shit.

Sega Guy 2: Excuse me, I'm a veteran Sonic Team employee, I know what I'm doing. Now bring me some more beer, I have a date with another hooker tonight.

If there was a mission in which every enemy shot megid, I would never play it, ever.

AC9breaker
Mar 5, 2007, 06:57 PM
No, we still do the same thing.

DizzyDi
Mar 5, 2007, 06:57 PM
I didn't mean it literally. It was a joke.
The point is that SS rank is a buncha BS and its just an excuse for ST not to add any new missions.
I mean...Why add new stuff when you can just reuse the same old shiet and people will still flock to it?

omegapirate2k
Mar 5, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-03-05 15:57, DizzyDi wrote:

I know it was a joke XD

Rashiid
Mar 5, 2007, 06:59 PM
because we like the missions we hav now, just we out-grow them (meaning we get too high and obliterate everything.)

i hav no problem w/ SS or S2 or w/e theyre called.

if u played offline, we still dont have 1/2 the missions yet.

Blueblur
Mar 5, 2007, 07:08 PM
I just came back myself and I'm surprised I'm enjoying all the new stuff. Now if only I had more meseta to spend on better gear.

Aceizace
Mar 5, 2007, 08:03 PM
Sounding good, cheers for the replies.

I do like PSU Ice Cream, I just thought it was a shop with only only flavour - coffee. It's not bad exactly... but when I had to keep eating it over and over, I got bored too quickly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

But it sounds like there's more so I might pop back for a bit. Pokefiend, I just meant that I only ever happened to read the recent updates when that was all they were doing, the reason I asked the question was to find out if there are any updates like you mentioned! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I only played PSU for the first... week, maybe two at max. It wasn't just lack of content that made me stop, I got whisked away by University work at forgot to go back. Well, I might just make a comeback (and by that I mean... come back), so keep an eye out for Eisu.

Now, if I could just get it to work properly with Vista -_-. No sound at the moment.

~Andrew

P.S. Anyone know if it's possible/how to transfer my data from my XP Partition onto my Vista one and be able to carry on?

EphekZ
Mar 5, 2007, 08:12 PM
SS sound so much fun! harder diffuculty ftw! by the way dizzy, you example would be like saying "Hay! I already beat normal mode on PSO, so what's the point of playing Hard mode!?" then some idiots are gonna come and say "but this is PSU" K well sorry...

"Hay I already beat this mission on C, so why play it on B!?"

anyways: for one SS has better rewards, and is coming out with my favorite mission from the get-go: Lab Recovery.

Jarba yus!

IMO, I think there's a lot of stuff to do as long as you get good friends, and with expert classes, your gameplay is alot different.

and using VIsta shouldn't change your account, if that's what you're asking, as the data is stored online.

pokefiend
Mar 5, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-03-05 15:57, DizzyDi wrote:
The point is that SS rank is a buncha BS and its just an excuse for ST not to add any new missions.
I mean...Why add new stuff when you can just reuse the same old shiet and people will still flock to it?

Ummm I'm all for one more difficulty setting. Plains overlord S is already too easy. Hell I could easily solo it. I want to face De ragan in a more epic battle.

Carbinne
Mar 5, 2007, 11:15 PM
We need some fun and interesting missions that are a bit pointless and silly and maybe even have them give out a fun reward. Kind of like the old "take the fat lady out to run around" PSO mission. As it is the only thing there is to do is grind exp and levels and hunt for so-rare-it-might-as-well-be-nonexistant items. Hell, give us a survivor boss rush mode -- get higher odds of cool boss box items, and see how many times you can beat down De Ragan before you die of terminal boredom. Or Endless Nightmare or something, I dunno.

Palefire
Mar 5, 2007, 11:39 PM
On 2007-03-05 15:55, omegapirate2k wrote:
If there was a mission in which every enemy shot megid, I would never play it, ever.

Heh...ask me about my Megid experiences sometime. As in, "Why am I the only one dying constantly here?!?!"

I haven't seen anything on it over on the PSUPedia or anything, but I figure there must be another Newman weakness other than being physically the weakest race. Because my Newman dies something like every fifth time he's hit with it, but Beast has yet to die even once. (Same goes for my SO's human -- not a single Megid death)

I know it's a joke, but Megid is the bane of my mission runs.

forevergamer
Mar 6, 2007, 03:53 AM
it's still the same with a few cool clothes.but when you come back to a game that you once played,you feel at home playing it.

Been a gamer since,been a gamer still...

Criss
Mar 6, 2007, 04:14 AM
With the new PAs, advanced jobs, missions, clothes and all the stuff added since, I'm sure you should give it a try. There are enough missions and teams to go for a whole day without doing the same mission twice. Well, assuming you're not the type of player whos goal is to get the absolute highest amount of exp/mission points in the smallest amount of time and go spam the same mission over and over.

But in anycase, I suggest you just give it a try. It's more than worth the 10$. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

TwilightSea
Mar 6, 2007, 10:14 AM
I freaking want to see Endless Nightmare runs in the Hive. Sure it will suck for everyone because of PP but if they had plenty of PP Cubes I will do EN runs so much I'll vomit.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 10:18 AM
On 2007-03-05 20:39, Palefire wrote:

On 2007-03-05 15:55, omegapirate2k wrote:

Heh...ask me about my Megid experiences sometime. As in, "Why am I the only one dying constantly here?!?!"

I haven't seen anything on it over on the PSUPedia or anything, but I figure there must be another Newman weakness other than being physically the weakest race. Because my Newman dies something like every fifth time he's hit with it, but Beast has yet to die even once. (Same goes for my SO's human -- not a single Megid death)

I know it's a joke, but Megid is the bane of my mission runs.

I'm a beast, and I have HUGE megidophobia (I'm playing eastern peril with Sychosis in the party, and I'm scared for my life every time he shoots megid)

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 10:30 AM
I'd say it was pure luck, and perhaps based on the type of Guardian you are. Outside of Armors and Units, pure MST is your best defense against the Megid. As a Human GunTecher, Megid has pretty much killed me 50%. If I survive being hit by one, rest assurred I'll probably be killed by the 2nd one.

I have megidphobia like noone else. So yes, I use every ounce of my being to dodge every one of them. The bad is, it's not always possible on missions with fast turning monsters, lots of fast megid attacks, or just a lot of megid chuckers. Certain S missions are the bane of my existance, so I generally tell people if you want me to come to one of those Hive S missions; expect me to die multiple times. My mobility means jack half the time because the monsters, tech attacks, and hit boxes beat my full-fledged running speed, sometimes. I have much less chance with strafing to dodge.

Of course, if the Megid doesn't kill; the damage from techs would. 1360+ damage is not nice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-06 07:34 ]</font>

amtalx
Mar 6, 2007, 10:54 AM
I haven't had any trouble with Megid at all really. This may be due to my bob and weave skills, and the fact that I'm a gunner, so as soon as something pops up that shoots Megid you'll find me firing from the hallway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 11:00 AM
Megid got nerfed for mobs I swear... When I first took on LL i used to fall like 1 outta 2-3shots, now they throw Megid and I'll dro pmaybe once out of like 10-15. But yea I think there's plenty to do on PSU right now it's just the things people want, they may be too lazy to search for them. Lord knows I am sometimes