PDA

View Full Version : What about those new missions...

urafatrodent
Mar 5, 2007, 09:42 PM
I haven't really heard anything about the two new mission deals (named Rouges' Shortcut and The Eastern Peril) since they came out, with all the hub-ub about Ult. PA's (good stuff).

So I just thought I'd ask, if you've done them before are they fun? Are they profitable? Is there a reson to do them?

Thank for the info in advance...

Lonzell
Mar 5, 2007, 09:47 PM
Haven't done'em yet. Thanks for the reminder.

Rashiid
Mar 5, 2007, 09:49 PM
the Rouges one is swarming w/ traps (explosives, cages comming from ground. etc.)

still never did the neudaiz one, i want to get my daggers PA to atleast 21 before i do.
(17 atm, but i cant get online for awhile, gradez pwnd me >.>)

Lonzell
Mar 5, 2007, 09:55 PM
I wanna try the Rogues one with Tornando Dance, and just trigger all the traps by just flying through and past'em..

THERAPIST
Mar 5, 2007, 10:05 PM
I've only played The Eastern Peril and can highly recommend it.
Lots of Ice-based mobs (Ageeta's, Gohmon, some Kamatoze and King Tengohgs) all packed into 2 blocks.
Onmagoug is the same as he is in Demons Above but the arena seems slightly smaller.
I can solo A ranks (getting an A, not an S score at the end due to switch doors) in about 15min using a LV56 Beast ForteFighter, which (from memory) gives 1950 Meseta and 18MP.

Is there a reson to do them?
I've been told the Me / Quick has a better chance of dropping in The Eastern Peril than Demons Above.
Also, there's a chance you could meet a Rappy in Neudaiz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GreenArcher
Mar 5, 2007, 10:30 PM
With a decent party, it's possible to complete a Eastern Peril S run in 10-15 minutes. This will get you 51 Mission Points. Multiply that by 4 or 5, and you've got yourself 204 - 255 Mission points in an hour. Next best thing to spamming Bruce A (Bruce B is 55 a mission, but takes roughly 20 minutes considering preparations, restocking, etc)

Tiyr
Mar 5, 2007, 10:32 PM
What green archer said. It's damn nice for MP, the frag and money, but drops are pretty "meh" unless you get a me/quick or the like.

egn56
Mar 5, 2007, 10:42 PM
Eastern Peril makes there no reason to ever leave agata. Bruce B is 70 for s on a side note, but its not worth it compared to eastern peril. People still are like bruce b has more mp and stuff, but bruce b can be annoying. You know with the watching bruce, the lack of pa frags, the non existant exp and the fact that people get way to involved in bruce. I say Eastern Peril is probably now one of the best mission in the game, besides now not only do you have Eastern Peril there when you need to lvl up instead of job lvl up you can do RELICS S! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Umberger
Mar 5, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-03-05 19:05, THERAPIST wrote:

Is there a reson to do them?
I've been told the Me / Quick has a better chance of dropping in The Eastern Peril than Demons Above.
Also, there's a chance you could meet a Rappy in Neudaiz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Note that the drops are one level lower.

For instance, Demons Above A boss box drops = The Eastern Peril S boss box drops.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 6, 2007, 02:12 AM
Eastern Peril is a fine mission, but honestly, Rogues' Passage is better for everything (other than hunting Me/Quick). It as just as short and easy as Eastern Peril, and the rewards are even greater (6600 Meseta, 60-something MP).

urafatrodent
Mar 6, 2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone. It sounds like they're both good to do.

Mabey if the community could be persuaded to do these, it could really happen (meh).

Itsuki
Mar 6, 2007, 03:28 PM
When The Eastern Peril came out on the JP servers, everyone moved to there. It still stands as one of the most played missions in the game. Hell, its pretty much THE leveling spot for level 20-50 (level 20 req for B-rank). And the drops really aren't bad. Abundances of kubara wood, elemental photons, photon chargers (and cosmos). 6* youmei rifles (argueably the best rifle) drop in A and S pretty often. Mei/quick drops in S. Not bad at all. Not to mention there are no worms and it easy as all hell. Hell, the Tengoug leader takes longer to kill that onma in that mission.

JAFO22000
Mar 6, 2007, 03:29 PM
Yes, they are both pretty fun! Note that you will need at least 2 people to S rank Eastern Peril and at least 4 to S rank Rouges Hideout. But the payoffs are worth it!