PDA

View Full Version : So, I need some opinions...(preferably a force's)

Scion
Mar 5, 2007, 10:31 PM
Well, I normally hate asking others for help, because I don't want to become dependent on them, lol...but I'm really having a hard time coming up with the solution to this problem.

All right, so...recently, I've changed my tactics. When I started out, I used to have this setup (after a couple of revisions):

(My setup was a little different before Jan 12th, but this was what I wanted it to be once that day came.)
Rod (Healing Rod)
Wand/Card (Element #1)
Wand/Card (Element #2)
Wand/Card (Element #3, if it calls for it) or Bow (Usually ice)
Rod (Buffing Rod)
Rod (Debuffing Rod, with resta added on case someone's/I'm taking a beating)

But now I'm starting to do this:

Rod (Healing Rod)
Rod (#1)
Rod (#2)
Rod (#3) or Bow
Rod (Buffing Rod)
Rod (Debuffing Rod)

I'm starting to find it very handy to have all techs ready on me (I mean, I could spam dambarta or nosdiga all day, but I don't wanna be a Photon Charge addict). I can get past the wand-rod casting speed difference; I haven't been missing any targets lately.

There are 4 techs we still don't have. I'm only planning on getting 2, and those are Rentis and Dizas (a tech and physical barrier, respectively). When we get them is a different story seeing as how the JP don't even have these yet.

So, by now, I bet most of you are wondering, "what's the problem again?" Well, I have filled all my PA slots and I can no longer learn any new ones without erasing one. So if I want these two techs, I have to get rid of something. Simple answer would have to be get rid of my cards, since I'm not using them anymore. But, I was so eager to get that 115 ata just to use them. And, I put so much work went into leveling them. I don't want to throw away all that time and effort (especially since my ice cards are capped).

I've made a bunch of sacrifices, and I've never looked back. Here are techs, and bow bullets I've omitted: gibarta, gizonde, damdiga, ensei-sou (fire), jusei-sou (ground), and yousei-sou (light). Out of the Ultimate PAs, I've decided not to learn noszonde (although, I'm thinking about picking this one up and getting rid of my lightning bow...I'll have to see) and megiverse.

I would make a choice right now and stick to it until more techs come, but I don't know what the future will hold for us. We might have (more) melee/tech resistant enemies, and I'll be screwed because I got rid of my cards. I just remember how certain things in the past weren't that spectacular, and then new missions would come along and change everything (shoot, the new classes alone changed everything). It's really only 2 PAs, but that would be like...200 hours thrown down the drain (yeah I might be exaggerating, but you get what I mean).

I just don't wanna get rid of/not level something that I might need later on, to put that all in a nutshell.

I don't know...I know I have a LOT of time before I even have to seriously think about this decision, but I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on the matter.

(Sorry for the long post, but I just wanna make sure I get everything out)

Rizen
Mar 5, 2007, 10:47 PM
Never be afraid to ask for help.

All in all, it all depends on what you are looking for in your Fortetecher. If you are looking to be a pure caster (and looks like you are having a few doubts about going this path) go ahead and erase the rest of those bow and cards. If you are looking to use all that is available to Fortecher, its never to late to put up a PA again or looking into others you may like.

Looking through this post, I can say that you honestly wont be using alot of technics, so go ahead and pick cards back up and delete a spell you know you wont be using alot. I know you wont be getting time back from leveling the PAs up, but if it makes you happier in the long run, do it. Don't be afraid to be different and experiment.

And for Noszonde, I highly recommend it. THE best anti-air/tracking spell out there currently.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 5, 2007, 10:52 PM
I understand you completely. I myself was eager to get the ATA to use the cards. I'm sort of glad the Nos techs came out since they actually target air-born enemies such as Onma.

I think letting go of Gibarta, Gizonde, and Damdiga was king of a bad idea. You got to put in mind, how you're going to balance your technics.

Think... Do you have a tech that will hit multiple targets?
Techs that will hit all around you? techs that are capable of distances? Techs that are capable of hitting flying enemies?

I think cards are ok to omit since they are not as powerful as your technics, so you wont miss them as much.

Remember, you don't NEED the PA skills in order to use the weapons. You can still use it's neutral shots.

Ronin1of47
Mar 5, 2007, 11:09 PM
personaly i go w/

Card/Wand
Rod (healing)
Rod (all 1 Element)
Rod (All 1 Element)
Bow
Rod (Buff)

I have all the TECHNIC's (except for Ult and debuffs) all bow bullets and 2 card bullets

As far as bullets go for a fT, how useful is the lightning and ice bows? Dambarta can freeze just as well and does alot more damage than the ice bow, the only 2 bullets that are useful(in my opinion to a fT) are dark (infection SE4 does crazy damage)and Fire (in hive instead of Dark).
As for always having all TECHNIC's equiped will u ever need Zonde on parum? or Ramegid in the Hive? just have ur pallete set to the area your going to

Swaping Nos-Zonde for the Bow sounds like a good idea to me
hope i helped

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin1of47 on 2007-03-05 20:09 ]</font>

Scion
Mar 5, 2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks, you've all helped greatly. Now that I've heard your opinions, a couple of ideas have been formulated and I can make something of my own out of it.

Coming to the decision is much easier now than it was earlier (meaning I don't have to worry for the next 4-5 years when those techs finally come out, xD).

It's just that I've had very bad luck sometimes when it comes to making choices like these (in gaming and real life). Murphy's law just LOVES to bite me in the ass sometimes, xD. I just have the nastiest feeling that whatever I get rid of, it's going to be essential at that moment in time. We will just have to see...

Thank you again, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-03-05 20:31 ]</font>

funnymatt
Mar 5, 2007, 11:32 PM
I would personally just get rid of whatever was at the lowest level- that way you're not throwing away that much time. I'd hate to lose something I got all the way to level 30.

-Matt

PMB960
Mar 6, 2007, 01:44 AM
I personally go for straight tech with nothing else. If there is a bullet you really don't use or isn't a high level delete it. Again you can fire neutral bullets. Oh yeah I would do some Eastern Peril runs and get a Me/quick like I just did and get back your wand cast speed for only -30 TP (negligible).

Scion
Mar 6, 2007, 01:56 AM
Well, I wasn't really concerned with the casting speed of rods. I kinda just found myself using them, and gradually replacing each wand/card combo with one, until my palette was filled with them. I've had great success in doing so. I find having the versatility to be more useful than dishing out damage at a faster speed.

But, yeah, I've taken the idea of getting rid of something that isn't quite as high as everything else into consideration. But getting rid of my ice cards is the last thing I'll ever do. I've killed far too many Jarbas with them (it reached 30 just when I killed one...it was so beautiful, lol). xD

Thanks for the input though. @(n__n)@