PDA

View Full Version : Final PAs vs store bought PAs.

Zorafim
Mar 5, 2007, 11:59 PM
I mean this only for melee weapons, but feel free to comment on ranged and spells. How do you feel final PAs stack up to their counterparts? I myself am using the fist, single claw, and dual claw PAs, and I think they feel better than any other PA I've tried with them so far. The twin claws are a stereotypical long combo that hits two enemies for decent damage over time (leaves you rather vulnerable, though), the single claw hits two enemies for a quick burst of damage before knocking them back on the second part, and the fists deal quick damage against a single enemy before knocking them around on the second part.

What PAs have you used? Are you glad you worked so hard on getting these? How do they compare to other PAs of the same weapon?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 6, 2007, 02:04 AM
I haven't purchased any, because most need the third hit to be more useful than their earlier counterparts, and my main is a Wartecher. Then again, I use almost exclusively "1st generation" skills on all my characters.

Oh, and nothing beats Buten Shouren-zan, ever.

zer05um
Mar 6, 2007, 06:46 AM
skipping out on all the skill PAs unless their much better then the oldies.. they look way to lame to me >.>;

APEXi
Mar 6, 2007, 07:14 AM
splendor crush is a PP whore. looks cool, though. still prefer rising crush. i'm still working on the twin claws and twin daggers

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 07:34 AM
Twin Claw on pwns all the other ones (easy to lvl and strong)
as stated, Spledor is a PP eater, but IMO better.

single claw, so much better.

new fists more fun.

Twin daggers...o man.....best PA ever.

RadiantLegend
Mar 6, 2007, 07:39 AM
Splendor > all other twin PA

Rocket Punch same goodness Sparks Fly

Ultimate Twin claw > WIN!!!!!!!!

Deja_Vu
Mar 6, 2007, 08:03 AM
Twin Daggers puts out good frontal damage to serveral enemies. However it leaves your back and sides open to hits and you can hardly move around while using it.

Twin Claws is sort of a longer PA, pretty decent but doesn't put out enough damage. But in all fairness it is pretty much better than the other 2.

Twin Sabers is easiest to level out of their PA's, puts out the lowest damage but the most hits. A nice PA but I just honestly think Rising Crush is more useful in most cases.

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 08:37 AM
I love Splendor Crush, and yea it is a huge PP eater but that doesn't matter THAT much. Im a fighgunner...we eat through PP like crazy in the first place. The "yo yo" Dagger is very good too, Tornado Dance is great against bosses as well. I havent gotten any others yet. I also have Twin Mayalee but its leveling up extremely slow so I'll judge its usefulness later.

So heres how it is for me with the skills I use...

Splendor Crush>>>All other Twin Sabe's PA's
"YoYo" PA>>>All the other Twin Dag's PA's
Tornado Dance = Only useful to me against bosses, no other reason to use it.
Twin Mayalee = We'll have to wait and see...Its accuracy is horrible so far ;;>_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-03-06 05:40 ]</font>

Vhex
Mar 6, 2007, 08:43 AM
Bogga Robado

The new Fist PA is almost unfair. It does alot of ranged rocket punches in front of you, 2 short ranged knockback punches, and than a slew of burning punches orbiting around you hitting every enemy around you (in a pretty big radius) like 4 times with ALOT of damage, than sending them flying.

The twin claw is better than the other ones as well but like the other two its all about style. You do a alot of hits to 2 enemies with a half-spin slash, uppercut-jump really high into the air hang there for a second than dive down onto them, than dig throught the ground and and move around underground than launch yourself up through the ground and hit the enemies.

As per the twin dagger and Splendor crush, from what I've seen they not only look really sick but they do a ridiculous amount of hits at 21+

The Tornado Dance looks like a dash move, w/e. (Lame Fighgunner weapons = lame PA IMO)

And single claw is worse than the original, doesn't even look as cool. You just jump up high than crash down with alot of special effects.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vhex on 2007-03-06 05:44 ]</font>

Mod Edit: User received a warning for this post. This is at least the second time you've used that "clever" typo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-03-06 06:16 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 08:47 AM
Im withholding judgement of Splendor crush until I have it to 21, but so far I'm liking assault crush the best.

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 08:54 AM
On 2007-03-06 05:47, omegapirate2k wrote:
Im withholding judgement of Splendor crush until I have it to 21, but so far I'm liking assault crush the best.

The last hit looks extremely cool and hits alot, you spin the blades EXTREMELY fast flinging enemies into the air and when they land they're blown away by this big wind blast thing. Very cool attack imo, hits alot too. >_>

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 08:58 AM
I know what it LOOKS like, I just don't know how it plays, and I WONT know until I get it to level 21

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 09:00 AM
Ahhh, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 6, 2007, 11:06 AM
I really like splendor crush. I have it at level 26 now and Im sure I might max it out either today or tomorrow, depndign on if I wanna do it or not. I like how the sword twirls hit each time, it works really great on bosses or big, multi-targeted enemies. It hits more than the other arts too, its 3-3-4 while Rising Crush is 2-3-3 and Assualt Crush is 2-2-4, the 1st 2 hits bieng on a single target only.

Neith
Mar 6, 2007, 11:24 AM
Just got Rensan Senshou-ga to 21 (Twin Claw). BEST PA EVER.

It's RA/FO friendly too: Damage to 2 targets -> Damage to 2 targets -> Damage to (maybe 3) targets and knockup. Knockup I've never found a problem, only knockback.

Oh, and it looks awesome, phasing through the floor is great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Single Claw PA is great for WT's too, as it has a vastly reduced PP cost in comparison to Shousen Totsuzan-ga.

JAFO22000
Mar 6, 2007, 11:35 AM
I'm a bit concerned about finding a use for some of the new techs. I purchase Nosdiga, Noszonde, Nosmegid and Megid.

I'm positive that I can find a use for Megid. Fires like Zonde, can incapacitate, does good damage...will be great along with Ramegid and Damegid.

I can see a use for Nosdiga. Got it to 11 last night and the two tracking hits are nice. It's ability to follow terrain may be of some good use as well.

Noszonde? Got it to 11 last night as well. Can't seem to see a good use for it. Besides it's range, it really does nothing that Zonde or Razonde can't do already. It costs a lot and takes a bit of time to cast, arrive at it's target, then detonate. Also, sometimes it tracks an enemy you don't want it to track, i.e. it's not very controlable in a room full of many enemies.

Nosmegid? Read above for noszonde, only add a higher casting cost and a less usefull SE. I really think I'm going to replace this with Megiverse.

A2K
Mar 6, 2007, 12:28 PM
Noszonde and Nosmegid can both home in on flying enemies. I would like a little more damage myself, but Noszonde is just LV12 for me. Apparently a leveled Noszonde can do quite a number on Dimmagolus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-03-06 09:29 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 6, 2007, 12:58 PM
On 2007-03-06 09:28, A2K wrote:
Noszonde and Nosmegid can both home in on flying enemies. I would like a little more damage myself, but Noszonde is just LV12 for me. Apparently a leveled Noszonde can do quite a number on Dimmagolus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-03-06 09:29 ]</font>

Yeah, I figure as much. I'm not giving up on them just yet, but I still can't see the advantages right now.

I could use noszonde on flying enemies, but most flying enemies (zoona, shagreese) are fire, so my card with ice bullets already does a good job on them, for less cost, in a shorter amount of time, etc., etc. And while it may do some good damage to Dimma, would it be more than my bow? I mean, in the time it takes to shoot noszonde and wait for it to get close enough for detonation, I could probably shoot him 4-5 times with my bow. As all techs only hit one area of large enemies, unless noszonde does 1600-2000/hit, it would be more effecient to use the bow, right?

Maybe I'm just overthinking this!