PDA

View Full Version : Are Fighgunners generally hated because...

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 09:34 AM
Most of them don't use full access of their abilities and most prefer to use nothing but Double Sabers? I can understand that much but is that REALLY enough to bash the class like crazy? <_<

RedX
Mar 6, 2007, 09:36 AM
They’re hated because they send everything flying when rangers/forces are trying to hit said things :/

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 09:37 AM
I know, check my occupation.

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 09:42 AM
Perhaps the reason why some are jokingly referring them as top tier, or Noob magnets.

Me, I don't care so much. They are kind of popular, which does hint that perhaps they are a little up-there in battle power.

Things weren't exactly super balanced in PSO, either. If previous releases are any indication, the balance of power chart alters over time.

Still, it makes for some hilarious conversation.

Last night was a hoot with the group dialogue.
"I don't need anything. I'm a figunner! Did you know that all the toughest personalities were Figunners? I don't die, I simply become supressed for a moment, but I'll be back because I'm a figunner!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-06 07:01 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 6, 2007, 09:43 AM
man, what kind of fighgunner uses guns? srsly, Fighgunners should use nothing but Double Sabers and Tornado Dance. Don't bother using guns.[/sarcasm]

But in all honesty, its kinda Sega's fault for giving Fighgunners exclusive access to certain S rank blade weapons that Fortefighters can't use, including daggers, sabers, double sabers, and Musashis(I think I'm gonna call twin sabers Musashis to avoid confusion). if Fortefighters had s rank in all of the blades, I think that would filter out the fighgunners who don't use guns. maybe giving Fighgunners S rank in the weaposn they already can use as well as [twin] pistol, machine gun, and crossbow may balance that out though. But yeah, thats just wishful thinking from a guy who's currently talking out of his ass.

Magician
Mar 6, 2007, 09:44 AM
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a fighgunner.

That should tell you enough.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 09:45 AM
I did it for the S rank sabers, twin sabers and twin pistols.

^_^

Magician
Mar 6, 2007, 09:46 AM
On 2007-03-06 06:45, omegapirate2k wrote:

^_^

Fighgunners don't get S rank twin pistols.

Doh!

Weakness
Mar 6, 2007, 09:47 AM
On 2007-03-06 06:43, Shiroryuu wrote:
man, what kind of fighgunner uses guns? srsly, Fighgunners should use nothing but Double Sabers and Tornado Dance. Don't bother using guns.[/sarcasm]

But in all honesty, its kinda Sega's fault for giving Fighgunners exclusive access to certain S rank blade weapons that Fortefighters can't use, including daggers, sabers, double sabers, and Musashis(I think I'm gonna call twin sabers Musashis to avoid confusion). if Fortefighters had s rank in all of the blades, I think that would filter out the fighgunners who don't use guns. maybe giving Fighgunners S rank in the weaposn they already can use as well as [twin] pistol, machine gun, and crossbow may balance that out though. But yeah, thats just wishful thinking from a guy who's currently talking out of his ass.

Because GunTechers are worthless and should have their exclusive S ranks of Twin Handgun, Crossbows, and Mechguns taken away right?

Every job has an S rank that no other job has, be happy with it. Not like it is blasphemy to use 9* A ranks.

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 09:48 AM

^_^

I did it for Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers and Twin Pistols. A Fighgunner who actually USES guns is a great asset to a team. ^5's Omegapirate

Magician
Mar 6, 2007, 09:49 AM
On 2007-03-06 06:47, Weakness wrote:
Every job has an S rank that no other job has, be happy with it.

Lies

Both Fighgunners and Wartechers can use Daggers and Twin Daggers.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 09:51 AM
On 2007-03-06 06:46, Magician wrote:

^_^

Fighgunners don't get S rank twin pistols.

Doh!

I know that, I just wanted to use twin pistols XD

EDIT: What's annoying about the double saber is that NO OTHER class gets any access to it at all, why they couldn't give protransers or fortefighters A rank double sabers eludes me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-03-06 06:53 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 6, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-03-06 06:47, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-03-06 06:43, Shiroryuu wrote:

Because GunTechers are worthless and should have their exclusive S ranks of Twin Handgun, Crossbows, and Mechguns taken away right?

Every job has an S rank that no other job has, be happy with it. Not like it is blasphemy to use 9* A ranks.

yeah, but I'm still bewildered after all this time as to how Ranger skill is needed to use an S rank Musashi or to even use a Double Saber period. Gun abilities =/= Niten Ichi Ryu(2 sworded style) or Bojutsu(art of the bo stick, which is pretty much how a double saber seems to be used)

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 09:53 AM
[b]On 2007-03-06 06:51, omegapirate2k wrote

But of course. Because Twin Pistols are the best. Funny enough, it was the decision-maker for my choice of Guntecher. Tynselle without the ability to use the highest Twinguns is a disservice to the character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-06 06:55 ]</font>

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 09:53 AM
<_< I never thought of that...

Magician
Mar 6, 2007, 09:57 AM
On 2007-03-06 06:51, omegapirate2k wrote

Just wondering if you noticed.

It made me and small furry creatures cry when I noticed fortefighters can't use an S rank pistol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's our only off-hand weapon, ST!

Why not give us an S rank pistol, WHY?!

(gosh, I'm full of hate today)

Weakness
Mar 6, 2007, 10:00 AM
On 2007-03-06 06:52, Shiroryuu wrote:

yeah, but I'm still bewildered after all this time as to how Ranger skill is needed to use an S rank Musashi or to even use a Double Saber period. Gun abilities =/= Niten Ichi Ryu(2 sworded style) or Bojutsu(art of the bo stick, which is pretty much how a double saber seems to be used)

Because you are required to have Hunter 5, which means it would be the dominate part. The Ranger part comes in from being able to use A rank Twin Handguns and Crossbows.

Getting Double Sabers just gives it something unique. Like how ForteFighters get Axes, and ForteTechers get Rods.

And sorry to whoever brought up the WarTecher thing. Yeah, they don't get anything special, but at least you can solo better then anyone else?

Yukichi
Mar 6, 2007, 10:04 AM
Twin Mayalee and Tornado Dance has me addicted to my FiGunner right now. It's nice to give a quick debuff on a melee class, then go in with spears/daggers/ect. Tornado Dance only because it helps me move faster. Its kind of like a speed buff in any other game. Once you use it, it is hard to go back.

Also, considering how easy it is to obtain FiGunner, as compared to ForteFighter, it sort of makes sense that there would be a lot out there.

Miyoko
Mar 6, 2007, 10:17 AM
Maybe the reason ranger abilities are needed for sword styles, are because the ability to use a gun requires extreme dexterity, something that would pay off for said sword styles?... Believe it or not, using a gun isn't terribly easy. Sure, the basics are just point and aim, but the basics of a sword are just hold and swing as well. Guns are especially hard to use after you've been in movement for a set ammount of time. If you've been running around a lot, and suddenly you need to shoot something (think biathalon), it's -extremely- hard to get your heart rate down and thus steady your aim. If you're not trained to do this, you're going to be shooting a lot of air.

Anywho... Just a thought. Ability to use guns = dexterity, which seems to be a trait required for the speedyquick attacks that FiGunners get.

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 10:45 AM
People need to start making up their own classes xD I just tell people I'm a Treasure Mercenary/Ninja and that Fighgunner is just the school I went to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I graduated with all A's and B's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hugs her guns and traps. yum http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CyarVictor
Mar 6, 2007, 10:59 AM
I generally don't like FiGunners due to the following:

A)Most act like they are the shit with their kayak paddles
B)Relyon their kayak paddles
C)Try to tank it like a Fortefighter
D)Try to solo areas/run off from the party
E)Complain to me the force cause they ran off and died in an area while the rest were already ingauged with an enemy(enemies)
F)Is an invincible female newman Figunner(I know two that die in one hit and never ever ever carry mates/run off so I can find em to heal/die in one hit)

I do roll with several Figunners. Why? Because they know their character's role in and out. They know how to engage the enemy because they are not a tank like a fortefighter. They use all the weapons a figunner uses including duel pistols. I'm not dissing the figunner, just the majority who make the figunner look bad. They think just because they can use a double saber, they can do anything. It's like all classes: not the class itself, but how you manage the class.

R2D6battlebot
Mar 6, 2007, 12:44 PM
People hate Fighgunner because they are the HUmar of PSU. They arent broken characters, and they attract noobs with the shiny S ranks, leaving actual good players outnumbered in that class group. Also, someone earlier said each class has its own specific S rank weapons? See : Wartecher.

Krisan
Mar 6, 2007, 01:05 PM
I find it funny Wartecher is pointed out before Protranser.. which has no S Ranks at all. Also, Axe isn't exclusive to Fortefighter, Protranser gets it as well.. Crossbows too are mixed among several classes, as are Laser Cannons and.. In fact, Double Saber is one of the ONLY weapons that is entirely exclusive to one class.. very odd, since I'd expect Protranser, Fortefighter, or Wartecher would make very good use of it.. (At least, up to A with them..) I mean, that's the point right there.. it isn't about having an exclusive S in the weapon, it is about the class having exclusive rights to the weapon period.

As for Fotetechers and Rods.. it is fairly dumb that Guntechers (and to an extent, Wartechers) cannot use Rod's as well.. Especially considering how low Guntecher has their techs capped.. not like they're going to be doing major nuking, so why the hell can't I save space in the action bar by using a couple of rods for buffshealing? Things like this just don't seem very well thought through..

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 01:14 PM
I think for the Guntecher, they thought of staying with Wands because of the fact that they pretty much have S ranks of all Single-handed gun weapons. They really want us to be able to Charge our Wands, all the while shooting with Single-handed weapons at times. A Rod basically only charges when you have it exclusively in your hand, and you aren't doing anything. So the good aspect of the Wand association for GT, is that we're given up to good S class weapons which allow our Wands to refill, all the while. I can't tell you what the Wartecher aspect is, since I have yet to play as one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-06 10:15 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 6, 2007, 01:17 PM
I want to make a FiGunner to Torando Dance down the hallways ahead of everyone.

Krisan
Mar 6, 2007, 01:33 PM
I think it is fine that we can use guns and wands at once, and believe me.. I've made good use of mechguns and crossbows and the like.. But really, why not an A in rods? (Or hell a B even) I have to use three wands to do full buff and heals.. That leaves me with three slots for two sets of dual pistols and a rifle.. I have no room to debuff at all. (unless I sacrifice half my buffs, but I don't like doing that.) I could fit all my buffsdebuffs on two rods, and use a wand for my healing and be set.. would fit my playstyle a lot better.

*shrugs* I wouldn't even care if we had one or two more open slots on the action bar, but as it is.. if they're going to limit my space to only six weapons, I'd like to be able to use the potential of my class to the fullest, not have to juggle things and come out mediocre.. (Besides, let's be honest.. having our techs capped at 10 is bad enough.. we're just rangers who can heal basically, not exactly what I was hoping for when I first chose the class.)

As for Wartechers.. I somewhat understand it, considering melee is superior to ranged more often than not, and their tech levels are capped higher than Guntecher.. but at the same time, the only left handed weaponry is ranged, which is practically useless to them, so balance-wise it is a tougher call to make, but still sucks for them no matter how you slice it..

Double Sabers being Fightgunner exclusive doesn't make much sense at all as well.. I mean I'd expect it to go to Protranser at the least.. they get no S ranks, but their boon should be in being able to use all the exotic weaponry or whatever.. they're an unloved class anyway, so it'd help them out a lot.. Regardless, strange decision it was to make that weapon exclusive to a single class..

Esufer
Mar 6, 2007, 01:34 PM
'I'm a fighgunner.'

Quote of the day.

XDeviousX
Mar 6, 2007, 01:35 PM
Are you guys serious with the fighgunner hate? There are a lot of things wrong with some of these replies. There are a lot of dumb people playing fighgunners, but there are a lot of dumb people playing all classes!!! The only reason people complain more about Fighgunners is that there are more of us which means more dumb people as well, but not more people on average... I agree Tornado Dance can be more then annoying, I've even booted players that keep spamming it after I warn them to stop. It is a skill used to fight high stamina creatures that don't fall over and fly around the screen. It can also be used to knock down mobs that shoot dangerous techs like megid or fire, but I find it best to just use it on bosses/mini bosses. People saying Tornado Dance is unbalanced need to look at what fighgunners can do for a party when played with skill.

A) Fighgunners Gravity Dance is great crowd control for mobs. It deals damage but leaves them standing and in place for techs and guns to be used on the mob as well.

B) Twin guns and Mechine guns are a good way to add SE to creatures fast and with good consistancy.

C) Traps are a good way to poison, freeze, or cause enough damage to stall bigger enemies and closely packed mobs.

D) Tornado Dance used appropriatly can shred bosses and knock down hazerdous tech users as long as you use your control right and don't knock them too far apart everyone can pick a target and finish it off.

Tornado Dance is a good PA but I'll be the first to say it gets over used, but everyone over uses their new PAs when they first get them so they'll level a bit. It does cost 99 frags after all and compared to Fortefighters Axe PA's or Tech Users' Nos techs it does modest amounts of damage to bosses. Without TD fighgunners don't really have a strable way to damage bosses whjich isn't a problem if a party has a fortefighter. I find I use TD more with no other fighter class around but still mainly on mini bosses, bosses, and tougher enemies that plague parties. Fighgunners seem flashy to a lot of people, but to say its a noob class is plain ignorant. Fortefighter could be called a nOOb class easier as you don't have to switch from the comfort zone of being a hunter and it's all about straight power and defense on outward apearances.... No class is a nOOb class considering the amount of time it takes to lvl to an advanced class and get onto S Rank Mission with Tornado Dance. If you've gotten S rank on S Missionns 99 times or more then the word nOOb doesn't apply to you!!!

(Flame Over)

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 02:01 PM
Hunter is a NOOB CLASS RAWR! ANYwho if someone has a problem with you being a fighgunner challenge them to a dance battle, if you win rawkin if you lose... you should hold yer head down in shame.... for shame.... ._.

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 02:09 PM
Well, I wouldn't say the actual posters are serious with the Figunner hate, but moreso relaying the message of what people say about Figunners. Some of it is still said in good fun as there is a reason for the Figunner population.

And yes, "I'm a fighgunner" was the quote of the day.
"I don't need your lowly Buffs and Heals. Don't try to heal me, I'm a Fighgunner!" - spoken from our resident Fighgunner.

That whole session was filled with Rude quotes, one-liners, sarcasm, and a bit of satire. That and enough British humor to fill a mission. Definitely a hilarious and memorable experience.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-06 11:15 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Mar 6, 2007, 02:15 PM
My figunner is my only RA (out of all my 3 characters)...

1) I mostly use twin handguns to either inflict (infection, burn, shock), and shoot enemies weak to guns when they are say strong to melee wpns. Since it goes up to lvl 2, I can't really inflict any status effects, so...

2) Burn Trap G... it's lvl 3, but it's expensive and it can eat hp a while from those 2nd large bosses. Like thos Bil De Bears in Bruce B... -721hp.

3) Double Saber (Gravity Dance) vs Sword (Tornado Thingie)... Double saber hits 2 for it's first combo then 3 for it's 2nd combo, but sword seems to hit 3 enemies almost at all 3 combos... (Gravity dance is just weird because you can only hit two enemies while a regular attack hits 3, same goes for spiral dance... but I use spiral dance for quick hits using combo 1 over and over again).

4) Twin swords and spear... spear is for linear things (dunno if I get dus rondo yet).

5) Twin daggers i use for small quick inside hits next to an enemy with multiple spots).

I kinda like her... even if she is all dark attribute weapons.

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 02:18 PM
Actually, don't discount Twin Handguns as status effect dealers. Sure, Big enemies, Shielded and shielded Kings aren't affected by them; but always remember the majority of the monsters are affected by SE2 shots. No matter the Mission Class rank, there's always a good amount of the Grunt level creatures, for that Mission Class. The ones that come in big packs are generally among them, and Twin Gunnies offer some of the fastest distribution while still packing a punch. And especially with Twin MayaLee, they can effectively become your Primary SE distributor, while you then switch to a more powerful SE weapon for the guys that it doesn't affect. You save a lot of your more expensive ammo required to do better Status effect. It's all about playstyle, but that's a viable one if Twin Gunnies are appealing to ya.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-06 11:22 ]</font>

Freshellent
Mar 6, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-03-06 06:48, Jakomay_07 wrote:

^_^

I did it for Twin Sabers, Twin Daggers and Twin Pistols. A Fighgunner who actually USES guns is a great asset to a team. ^5's Omegapirate

Heavy Twins ftw! Love my Deathmakers too.

I'm not sure so many Fg's use Double Sabers when their is another option.

Single Sabers/Mechguns too. I hear alotta negativity when I whip those out. I spray down mobs,confuse em what have you and pick em apart with Grav Strike.

In the end I use every weapon I can really.

Maybe fellow Fg's should using the options given to us. >.>

Ryoki
Mar 6, 2007, 02:51 PM
Because of Ryuk.

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 03:25 PM
^5's Icespike

I havent tried using the mechguns yet, I think I'll try them with Dagger and see how I play...My current Action Palette looks like this btw.

Death Dancers (Light) [3]
Heavy Twins (Ice) [3]
Shintsuki-zashic (Darkness) [4]
Shintsuki-zashic (Fire) [0]
Crea Doubles (N/E) [0]
Deathmaker [0]

For my Twin Bullets I use Twin Dark and Twin Mayalee (for now). For my Daggers I of course use the "Yo yo" PA, Splendor Crush for Twin Sabers and Gravity Dance for Double Sabers.

I'll probly end up taking out one of the Twin blades for a Dagger/Mechgun combo though. >_>

BeatZero
Mar 6, 2007, 03:32 PM
I've never been yelled at or called a n00b for being Fighgunner? Of course I keep 1 double saber on my palette most of the time, I'm more of a fan of the twin saber.

I guess its also because I try to play with my friends more too, we work together well.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 03:44 PM
Yes, the single saber/mechgun combo is pretty damn badass, I love using it.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
The real reason people hate Fighgunners... lets be honest.. it's a popular job now.. and anytime something becomes popular, more people begin to hate it because of it being mainstream.. and with that, they begin to dig and look for more excuses to hate it and point fingers at it, dispite the fact that the same flaws can be found through other jobs.. Why? Not because the job is flawed, but the player behind it..

Niered
Mar 6, 2007, 03:54 PM
Are Fighgunners generally hated because...

every nublet in the game goes "OMG TEH DARTH MAUL SABRZ." And instantly, blindly, runs for it.

Its like a buncha lemmings with a bad case of the down's.

But that doesnt mean i hate all of them, like all classes in PSU, they have there place, and are undoubtedly skilled when you know how to use them. I just dislike the fact that at least 50% of the community is one.

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 04:00 PM
And thus the real case is always revealed. People generally don't dislike classes, they dislike bad form and bad teamplay. A popular class will have abusers and bad players in larger abundance.

Still, you may find some few people, here and there, that decide to dislike a whole class.

That attitude is usually left to certain elitists which "blanket hate" a class. You have them in any online game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-06 13:01 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 04:01 PM
Amen Akaimizu.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 04:13 PM
if someone hates Fighgunner because of just the class then that person is just really narrow minded. Fighgunner is only useful in the right hand and use their abilities when necessary. I hated when a person do knock back on enemies that are so weak and easily disposed of when they are crowded together. Lets just say that little polties, about 6 of them, running toward u and u r about to lay a beating on them, but then someone (doesnt have to be fighgunner) jumps in and knock everything all over the place...wow!!!!!!!!!! that is just mess up!!! then he/she started to keep on doing it, now u probably gonna be really mad. Some blame it on fighgunner cause they are like the knock back king...lol but doesnt necessary means that they are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif So wat i think is, it is not the fighgunner class false, but the person that plays the class and abuse his/her knockback on unnecessary siuation.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 04:16 PM
zomg all rangers r de sux0rz, they spam granadez and blowsups eerything, and i cant cast or sho00t right cuz they mess evrything up!11!11one1!!!

twysted
Mar 6, 2007, 04:34 PM
i am a fighgunner i love double saber but i also love my evil twins ,single dagger, beamgun, and twin daggers i mix it up depending on the situation...

Pengfishh
Mar 6, 2007, 05:25 PM
This is all foolishness. Only the insecure let others' indirect actions effect them. Blanketing Fighgunners as poor or annoying players is, for lack of a better word, retarded and anyone with a complaint about them should probably consider kindly shutting the fuck up and minding their own business.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 05:38 PM
Wow.... just... wow...

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 05:39 PM
Man oh man what have I done.... >_>

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
Did you guys know Hitler was a fighgunner?

XD

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-03-06 14:43, omegapirate2k wrote:
Did you guys know Hitler was a fighgunner?

XD

Foreal!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif *does charleston* I'll have to get his card xD

Kupi
Mar 6, 2007, 06:37 PM
I must admit, I do have a bit of a bias against Fighgunners, but it mostly stems from the fact that any time I PUG with one in a mission with large monsters (Bil De Vears, Tengohgs, what have you), I'll eventually wind up asking them if they use traps. And the answer is almost always "Fighgunners get traps??". And after I pester them into taking a cut out of their haxeta to go get some Burn Gs, I have to teach them how to use them. Which means, in most cases, I'm a Fortetecher who knows how to use an ability I myself don't even have to the people who can actually use it.

Of course, I don't hate the class, and I don't hate anyone who uses it. I intend to have a Fighgunner as an alt. As people have said, it's just the popular class, which of course attracts a numerically greater amount of bad players.

VanHalen
Mar 6, 2007, 06:44 PM
I don't hate fighgunners I joke on them sometimes but I joke on every other class too.

Every class as a little sterotype that it falls into that have people post here saying something about them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-03-06 15:45 ]</font>

pionear
Mar 6, 2007, 06:44 PM
My main is a Figgunner and I use guns alot (mainly Pistols, Twin Pistols and Crossbow.)

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 06:48 PM
I never go out on a fighgunner without traps o.O;.

All the other jobs dont know how to use'em, so I have to do it.

ShinMaruku
Mar 6, 2007, 06:51 PM
They ahte Fighgunners becuase Dante is the man. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Mar 6, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-03-06 15:48, Lonzell wrote:
I never go out on a fighgunner without traps o.O;.

All the other jobs dont know how to use'em, so I have to do it.

lol My ranger(going fortegunner)/guntecher uses traps. I like blowing stuff up.......

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-03-06 15:51, ShinMaruku wrote:
They ahte Fighgunners becuase Dante is the man. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nice reference, almost didn't get that one <3

Deja_Vu
Mar 6, 2007, 06:55 PM
Most fighgunners are noobs no offense, since it's the most popular class. They use Tornado Break which just aggravates everyone. Some of them even only use a doublesaber, and they use it like crap. I am not even a fighgunner and I pretty much know how to use it correctly. Well, that's generally why they're hated. Probably.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deja_Vu on 2007-03-06 15:58 ]</font>

gundam0079
Mar 6, 2007, 06:55 PM
personally i dislike using double sabers but ill start to use them once i can use the crea doubles i have, i use most of the weps except the Xbow i dont kno why i dont use them ill have to use them more now

gundam0079
Mar 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
srry for double post but am i the only one that uses actual traps i mena i love usin traps when i need to

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-03-06 15:54, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-03-06 15:51, ShinMaruku wrote:

Nice reference, almost didn't get that one <3

The Ultimate Spear PA looks more along the lines of something Dante would do.. infact... he DOES use the Ultimate Spear PA, or at least parts of it in several of his moves.

EphekZ
Mar 6, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-03-06 15:37, Kupi wrote:
I must admit, I do have a bit of a bias against Fighgunners, but it mostly stems from the fact that any time I PUG with one in a mission with large monsters (Bil De Vears, Tengohgs, what have you), I'll eventually wind up asking them if they use traps. And the answer is almost always "Fighgunners get traps??". And after I pester them into taking a cut out of their haxeta to go get some Burn Gs, I have to teach them how to use them. Which means, in most cases, I'm a Fortetecher who knows how to use an ability I myself don't even have to the people who can actually use it.

Of course, I don't hate the class, and I don't hate anyone who uses it. I intend to have a Fighgunner as an alt. As people have said, it's just the popular class, which of course attracts a numerically greater amount of bad players.

I'm pretty much the same way, I know how to play every class probably far more effective than half the people out there. I'm a WT, but I switch to GT sometimes, and like you i'm constantly asking if they use traps. What really gets me though, is when Fortegunners or transer don't use traps.

VanHalen
Mar 6, 2007, 07:02 PM
I knew a protranser that didn't use traps.........they died.

Jasam
Mar 6, 2007, 07:05 PM
If they removed double sabers from the FiGunner class, I'm sure its populartiy would drop and it would become a much <3'd class.

Twin Guns, Traps, dagger, saber, and twin versions used correctly are increadable...

Its just a shame that most FiGunner palletes consist of 6 Double Sabers

Reginaldo
Mar 6, 2007, 07:09 PM
I'm proud to say I know how to use the Fighgunner class effectively. I recommend getting every element twin gun pa to level 11 or higher.

If you're going to use tornado dance keep the art on one or your double sabers, stick to one of the other pa's for everything else. Tornado dance > large mobs. Take advantage of that fact.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 07:09 PM
What sickens me, is how anything that becomes 'popular' people hate. Anything. It can be a food, a tv show, a movie, a videogame, a weapon or class IN a videogame.. as long as it becomes popular, people dont hate it cause of people that does stupid stuff with the job... they hate it for the sake of it being popular in itself.

Jesus wish people were more honest with themselves.

Niered
Mar 6, 2007, 07:16 PM
popular, or overused? If everyone is following eachother, not even trying to be an individual, just going for the same exact thing, then its gotten to the point that its not just popular, its a mentality. and if used improperly you end up getting a bunch of hive-minded morons that will swear on there graves that nothing but what they do is right.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 07:27 PM
Overused? People are complaining about it saying its insanely popular, and we've only had the technique for barely a week.

You tell me.

All it is is people wanting to "not" be in the "in" crowd or "mainstream". nothing more nothing less

XDeviousX
Mar 6, 2007, 07:43 PM
What a bunh of complainers. Play your class and stop bi*ching about other people's choices! There is always gonna be one class that is more popular then others on these types of games. Just because some people using that class suck, doesn't mean everyone does! My main was a fortefighter and I switched to fighgunner for S Ranked sabers and twin guns. If somebody wants to have 6 double sabers on their pallet and suck at life thats their business. As long as they don't spam Tornado Dance in parties and they contribute to the success of the mission then just let them play how they want to. A lot of people complaining about how fighgunners are nOObs can't even play their own classes right. I would gladly be a fortefighter if Axes weren't slow and I could use either twin guns or s-sabers. Double sabers aren't better or worse then any other weapon and Tornado Dance isn't being more spammed then diga was or Hishou Jinren-zan is (twin dagger pa..) People always spam new PAs to lvl them but it will calm down. Fighgunners have a certain apeal that draw a lot of players for different reason. Some like the double sabers, some the S-Sabers, some the S Twin Blades, or the Twin Guns etc. As for being a "nOOb" as I've stated earlier if you reach any advanced class and go through a mission on S-Rank with a S score 99 times or more to buy Tornado Dance you aren't a "nOOb". This board isn't for people to point fingers and bi*ch and moan about each other, but to support each other with info and insights, give support and insight. This isn't even a debatable topic just a post for people to complain and whine about how they are "rebels" because they play a less popular class but the fact is there are a lot of Fighgunners, but not like fighgunners run the game in numbers. There are a lot of every class with the exception of potransors whom I rarely see. Besides, most people have two or three characters and I guarentee that a lot of the fighgunners you see now aren't the main characters of a lot of these new crop of fighgunners. (Which makes sense, you get use to one class and spamm the glorified aspects of another until you learn your role and devolope a style of your own...)

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 08:04 PM
The funny thing is, is that other than maybe 2 others besides myself, I haven't seen fighgunners flying around with tornado dance as bad as people on the forums talk about it. Everytime someone sees me use it, the reactions I get on 360 is "Oh shit, thats cool as hell!" or "Holy shit, he's tearing that mob appart!" or "How in the hell did he get past that gate without anyone standing on th button to help him?! I need to get that!"

The only negative stigma i've ran into so far has been on the forums.

DurakkenX
Mar 6, 2007, 08:09 PM
I like figunner simply because it's the most like PSO's hunter...
I don't like traps because...i just don't

i hate people and the lack of intelligence that they inherited from the institutions we pay to give them much better intelligence

Niered
Mar 6, 2007, 08:34 PM
I was never talking about Tornado dance, I was talking about FiGunner as a whole. Figunner is no better or worse a class than any other, everyone just chooses it because of "OHEMGEE T3H DBL SABRZ".

I am not dissing anyone here personally for choosing this class. What I am pointing out is that (like any other class) if you choose to play a character because some aspect of it appeals to you, but you then feel that because a large portion of the community plays the same class as you do the basic rules of etiquette no longer apply, you are going to get some flack.

On a whole, i feel that a force would choose partying with a fortefighter over a fighgunner (assuming they didnt know either personally) because a fortefighter knows his place. Run into battle, but stay close enough for healing. Dont stray away from the group to go solo a jarbas. Fighgunners (as a whole) are to ballsy for there own good. They believe that they are gods gift to the party, and thusly the force should follow them and forget about the rest of the party.

Im not saying that thats what anyone here does. Im not saying they dont either. Im saying, your class has a bad rap because lots of people play as them, but dont know how to EFFECTIVELY play as them. Double Sabers arent the only things available to you. You have lv 20 bullets for a reason. Sorry for the legitimately good fighgunners, but thats how stereotyping works.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 08:39 PM
The thing that's different with this stereotyping is that... the fortefighters do the same thing....

XDeviousX
Mar 6, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-03-06 17:34, Niered wrote:
I was never talking about Tornado dance, I was talking about FiGunner as a whole. Figunner is no better or worse a class than any other, everyone just chooses it because of "OHEMGEE T3H DBL SABRZ".

I am not dissing anyone here personally for choosing this class. What I am pointing out is that (like any other class) if you choose to play a character because some aspect of it appeals to you, but you then feel that because a large portion of the community plays the same class as you do the basic rules of etiquette no longer apply, you are going to get some flack.

On a whole, i feel that a force would choose partying with a fortefighter over a fighgunner (assuming they didnt know either personally) because a fortefighter knows his place. Run into battle, but stay close enough for healing. Dont stray away from the group to go solo a jarbas. Fighgunners (as a whole) are to ballsy for there own good. They believe that they are gods gift to the party, and thusly the force should follow them and forget about the rest of the party.

Im not saying that thats what anyone here does. Im not saying they dont either. Im saying, your class has a bad rap because lots of people play as them, but dont know how to EFFECTIVELY play as them. Double Sabers arent the only things available to you. You have lv 20 bullets for a reason. Sorry for the legitimately good fighgunners, but thats how stereotyping works.

Sterotypes work when biggots keep them going....

Everyone picked their class based on the advanced weapons and PA type lvl caps, not just Fighgunners!!! Fortefighters generally love the Axes/Swords/Spears and Fortetechers love lvl 30 tecks/rods and so on. Nobody picks a fortefighter and says "I hate all the weapons and skills but I love this class!!!" doesn't work like that. Even if every fighgunner loved Double Sabers more then anything else, so what? As long as you get your weapons and skills you like then let it go. I've seen more fortetfighters think they can charge into battle without a force to help and die 20 times, and I even saw a force go into combat like heman on a steriods killing spree!!! Just say you hate dumb playersw, not a character class. I'v never had anyone have reservations about gaming with me or inviting me to game after I've done runs with them and I'm a fighgunner that uses tornado dance!!!

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 08:50 PM
I think everyone completely forgot the amount of threads of forces bitching about fortefighters either knocking mobs away, or staying out of healing range.

Niered
Mar 6, 2007, 08:56 PM
From the large number of fortefighters and fighgunners I know of, fortefighters are much more likely to know how play well in a party then fighgunners are. Lets look at some facts:

1. FighGunner is an easier class to aquire. People will gladly switch to ranger to get those 3 tiny levels for fighgunner. With fortefighter, youhafta stick with it for 10 job levels. This can get tedious ( as with any pure class). This invariably leads to more, less-experienced players playing the class.

2. Fighgunners as a whole do not pick there battles well. Just because you can dish out as much damage as a fortefighter against a carriguine, doesnt mean you can take it as well. Because of this FighGunners die more often when they use the same rush tactics as a fortefighter. As I stated earlier, ya got dualies, make use of em'.

3. There is a disproportional amount of fighgunners to other classes. Think of it this way, as the population of PSU goes up, the number of potential jackasses goes up as well. Since these morons are climbing with the population, and follow the same trends as the normal population, you have more jerks becoming fighgunners. What this means is your chances of meeting a dumbass fighgunner go up, and since stereotyping is in this game as it is everywhere, people will assume that when they have met only 3-4 bad fighgunners, this represents the majority.

AweOfShe
Mar 6, 2007, 08:58 PM
They're hated? Whenever I use Fifth, I don't feel hated. In fact, no one says anything to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: Though, now that I think about it, it's not as if I stick with one way of fighting. I use everything that's accessible to me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-03-06 18:00 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 08:59 PM
Easier class to aquire? Does not compute. Bruce's dungeon anyone? You still have to level 10 levels in total, and can easily obtain either or. It's easier to obtain fortefighter for one simple aspect... you dont have to revamp your entire equip set up, and go with the same t hing the entire time... There is no switching from melee weapons to having to only use ranged, or visa versa.

Again, you are ignoring the fact that there have already been a shit load of threads complaining about fortefighters before fighgunners became 'popular'. They do the same thing, still has, and still do, if not worse in a lot of cases.

Niered
Mar 6, 2007, 09:09 PM
it always adds up to 10 levels? No it doesnt.

FighGunner class requirements: Lv 5 Hunter, Lv 3 Ranger. Thats exactly 440 MP to get Fighgunner

Fortefighter class requirements: Lv 10 Hunter. Thats exactly 1000 MP to get Fortefighter. Over double the points for Fighgunner.

Secondly, this disdain for fighgunners has been going on for almost as long as expert classes have been released. In fact, i recall threads before the expert classes were released with people complaining about them.

And lastly, there is not a single PA in existence more party disruptive then Tornado Dance in the hands of a noob. Luckily for us, not many people have it yet, but youd have a better chance of hitting something in a 5 Fortefighter party where all they spammed was Axe knockback PA's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-03-06 18:11 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 09:12 PM
Right, like fortefighters don't spam twin saber and knuckle PAs either. I hardly see fighgunners even using double sabers, and all I see is fortefighters sending things flying all over the place

Niered
Mar 6, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-03-06 18:12, Lonzell wrote:
I hardly see fighgunners even using double sabers, and all I see is fortefighters sending things flying all over the place

Okay now your just making stuff up. I cannot think of a single fighgunner ive ever seen that didnt carry at least one double saber. Most of them carry at least 3. Im just gonna stop arguing the point, since trying to convince someone that makes stuff up for the sake of debate simply cant be reasoned with.

ShinMaruku
Mar 6, 2007, 09:19 PM
I pick fighgunner becuase people must learn of Feanor's people.

Rizen
Mar 6, 2007, 09:21 PM
Reason I'm avoid Figunner is the fact that its a potentially great class used in the wrong way by so many to the point where its a turn off. Im all for playing what class you like...but some people play Figunner and dont even like the class at all, just to look cool and use double saber. I mean, c'mon, why play a class just for one weapon? It just doesn't make much sense.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-03-06 18:17, Niered wrote:

On 2007-03-06 18:12, Lonzell wrote:
I hardly see fighgunners even using double sabers, and all I see is fortefighters sending things flying all over the place

Okay now your just making stuff up. I cannot think of a single fighgunner ive ever seen that didnt carry at least one double saber. Most of them carry at least 3. Im just gonna stop arguing the point, since trying to convince someone that makes stuff up for the sake of debate simply cant be reasoned with.

Barely. The only other Fighgunner i've seen use it is Jacob K. on the 360, and i've been doing a lot of r uns as of late. I see them carrying at least one, but they HARDLY USE IT. It's like they have a distaste for them. Either i'm seeing fighgunners using twin daggers, or they have a inventory of twin handguns, and single handcums mixed with single handed sabers. Or they carry around spears.

I'm completely dead serious with you, and I am not making this up. I'm not even really sure what I cn do further to make you believe i'm telling you the truth about this, but no i'm not lying. The only reason Im even saying this, is because it's a petpeeve of mine to have someone think i'm lying or making something up out of thin air.

DurakkenX
Mar 6, 2007, 09:29 PM
On 2007-03-06 17:44, XDeviousX wrote

Sterotypes work when biggots keep them going....

Everyone picked their class based on the advanced weapons and PA type lvl caps, not just Fighgunners!!! Fortefighters generally love the Axes/Swords/Spears and Fortetechers love lvl 30 tecks/rods and so on. Nobody picks a fortefighter and says "I hate all the weapons and skills but I love this class!!!" doesn't work like that. Even if every fighgunner loved Double Sabers more then anything else, so what? As long as you get your weapons and skills you like then let it go. I've seen more fortetfighters think they can charge into battle without a force to help and die 20 times, and I even saw a force go into combat like heman on a steriods killing spree!!! Just say you hate dumb playersw, not a character class. I'v never had anyone have reservations about gaming with me or inviting me to game after I've done runs with them and I'm a fighgunner that uses tornado dance!!!

>.> Noone? I did. I hate swords, Axes, Spears, knuckles and claws/twin claws aren't really something i like either, BUT I like playing fortefighter.

In fact it's currently my highest lvl in the NA ver.

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 11:10 PM
I can vouch for FighGunners carrying around Twin Sabers.. >.>;;

I carry at LEAST two with me everytime I go on a mission, two Twin Daggers as well.

Lyrix
Mar 6, 2007, 11:53 PM
Same with me, i only have one double saber and i usually have my twin handguns in instead of it.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 7, 2007, 12:00 AM
I hate the fact that I became a FiGunner in addition to fortefighter. I did it simply becasue there was no other choice. Certain missions (Agata Relics, Moonlight Beast, Mad Beasts, Hive, the list goes on and on) have enemies with GOBS of HP, and half damage from melee weapons.

I tries to make it work with a pistol. I truly did, but the damage simply is not there. Especially for missions that contain LOTs these 1/2 damage from melee enemies.

Every other class has a way to deal with resistant enemies.

Rangers have Status Effects (specifically DOTs), and traps, Forces have Bullets/Bows. Fortefighters are the only ones left in the cold. True, i could have become a ProTranser, but FiGunner was just SO much easier.

*hangs head in shame*

Eauijhkuu
Mar 7, 2007, 01:07 AM
I dunno what I can actually say to redeem the class that I play quite well, as most would surmize (Only after having played with me on numerous runs of course...)
My weapon pallette is quite diverse when it comes to playing Fighgunner, and while doublesabers are nice, There are obviously many other weapons and PAs available to us other than Tornado Dance.

Is it necessarily that we call Fighgunners the majority of the unlearned noobish population of the game because of their weapon choices? Because there's nothing more to the job than spamming a certain photon art, save the PP regen bonus that we get for using ranged weapons...and the ability to use traps...

In that same vein, can we place the Tech users on the line for never giving out proper buffs or using effective nukes, or dishing out that last minute resta to save a member from getting knocked out? Or the trap users that never use the proper traps effectively on particular enemies? Or getting irrate for people not having items to heal themselves when you were pretty much indeed the Force of the group w/ the healy abilities~ (I've never quite understood that dogma...) What about those people who wear opposing elemental Line shields in particular runs?

A noob is a noob is a noob; Not just necessarily based on the class that they're associated with. Because there really are people who are taking use of the classes' abilities full-spectrum.

Reginaldo
Mar 7, 2007, 01:59 AM
On 2007-03-06 17:56, Niered wrote:
From the large number of fortefighters and fighgunners I know of, fortefighters are much more likely to know how play well in a party then fighgunners are. Lets look at some facts:

1. FighGunner is an easier class to aquire. People will gladly switch to ranger to get those 3 tiny levels for fighgunner. With fortefighter, youhafta stick with it for 10 job levels. This can get tedious ( as with any pure class). This invariably leads to more, less-experienced players playing the class.

2. Fighgunners as a whole do not pick there battles well. Just because you can dish out as much damage as a fortefighter against a carriguine, doesnt mean you can take it as well. Because of this FighGunners die more often when they use the same rush tactics as a fortefighter. As I stated earlier, ya got dualies, make use of em'.

3. There is a disproportional amount of fighgunners to other classes. Think of it this way, as the population of PSU goes up, the number of potential jackasses goes up as well. Since these morons are climbing with the population, and follow the same trends as the normal population, you have more jerks becoming fighgunners. What this means is your chances of meeting a dumbass fighgunner go up, and since stereotyping is in this game as it is everywhere, people will assume that when they have met only 3-4 bad fighgunners, this represents the majority.

Tedious to level Hunter to level 10?

This was easy to do before even Moatoob was available.

Learn to adapt to the situation. It isn't THAT hard to hit mobs with guns or spells when things get Tornado Dance'd. I know because I have characters that are Forces and Rangers besides my Fighgunner.

I'm not going to apologize because you can't adapt to a situation that isn't even that difficult to deal with.

Boo hoo.

Pengfishh
Mar 7, 2007, 02:28 AM
On 2007-03-06 14:25, Pengfishh wrote:
This is all foolishness. Only the insecure let others' indirect actions effect them. Blanketing Fighgunners as poor or annoying players is, for lack of a better word, retarded and anyone with a complaint about them should probably consider kindly shutting the fuck up and minding their own business.

Repeat.

Freshellent
Mar 7, 2007, 05:59 AM
Question is will people complain of the same things when Fortefighters get Double Sabers?
(So I've heard of this happening.)

I picked Fg's for the variety. I like the options,honestly I didn't care to use Double Sabers,I wanted S Twin Sabers... I really wish we got S Fists and S swords as well. The only reason I won't use a forte is cuz Axes are to boring for me,and not enough gun options. It just seemed to me that Fg's had the most options. Twins and Mechguns are awesome,I'm not sure what I would do with out them.

Oh,Melee and Traps? I'm not willing to take the time to make a Protranser (my first idea for a char) Fg's seemed like the next best thing.

Shaidar
Mar 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
I dont want to be hated ;_;

Alisha
Mar 7, 2007, 08:37 AM
the answer is simple. fighgunner is psu's equivalent of humar. heck i hate it on psow when someone picks the same avatar as me.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 7, 2007, 09:13 AM
i would've thought ForteFighter wouldbe PSU's "HUmar" then again whatever class ended up popular would've been considered HUmar, hell if 75% of the player population was ForteTecher that would've been PSU's HUmar.
-shudder- God imagin that.

ForteTecher cast lv.30 megid kills 3 with one strike: "Lol. Tecker is teh nub class! U pvp?"

What a world that would be.

And since when are people being kicked for being FighGunners? Is class hate REALLY that bad? Haha... we get rid of hacking for the most part. So now we need something else for some people (keyword: some) to complain about? Why? Just....why? Maybe we should be angry at the player, not the class.

-raises a lighter and lights- Stop the hate! We must all become a unit, a well oilled machine, working together to save this community before we decend even further into the intestinal track of--

-You have been removed from the party-

"God, Damnit!"

Jakosifer
Mar 7, 2007, 09:23 AM
Yea some parties don't want Fighgunners, I think I mentioned it in this topic but this guy invited me to join a team and the leader asked me if I used Tornado Dance and Double Sabers. I declined joining of course. >_>

JaiBlue
Mar 7, 2007, 09:24 AM
lol it's universal knowledge that noobs can't stand the sight of a PSU rod, we're unattractive to them, and besides it's not like cards make our class any more badass to them so we're safe (for the moment) to be honest I blame anyone who has ever posted a double saber PA on youtube.......look at what you did to your selves. (for shame)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2007-03-07 06:25 ]</font>

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-03-07 06:13, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
i would've thought ForteFighter wouldbe PSU's "HUmar" then again whatever class ended up popular would've been considered HUmar, hell if 75% of the player population was ForteTecher that would've been PSU's HUmar.
-shudder- God imagin that.

ForteTecher cast lv.30 megid kills 3 with one strike: "Lol. Tecker is teh nub class! U pvp?"

What a world that would be.

And since when are people being kicked for being FighGunners? Is class hate REALLY that bad? Haha... we get rid of hacking for the most part. So now we need something else for some people (keyword: some) to complain about? Why? Just....why? Maybe we should be angry at the player, not the class.

-raises a lighter and lights- Stop the hate! We must all become a unit, a well oilled machine, working together to save this community before we decend even further into the intestinal track of--

-You have been removed from the party-

"God, Damnit!"

xD Funny stuff, totally agree with the "Maybe we should be angry at the player, not the class." I think that sums up almost everything really.