PDA

View Full Version : What do you think is the most underused or sleeper weapon fo

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 11:04 AM
Just curious what you guys wish people would use more in a party. Personally I wish people used Laser classed weapons a lot more around me. Also it'd be nice to see more Xbow users... but at the same time maybe not since I'm always the only person using one in parties. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Eleina
Mar 6, 2007, 11:11 AM
I want to see more GT with xbows and less with cards!!!

Trioxin13
Mar 6, 2007, 11:11 AM
From the parties I was in... I would say Swords. Dont' think I've ever seen someone using them.

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 11:13 AM
On 2007-03-06 08:11, Trioxin13 wrote:
From the parties I was in... I would say Swords. Dont' think I've ever seen someone using them.

Really swords? Hmm that's interesting, but truthfully you may be right cause when Axes released a lot of people dropped the sword and stuck with Axe, not tht I can blame them too much xD

CyarVictor
Mar 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
Effective grenade launchers.(Even in general, I rarely see grenade launchers). i only know three fortegunners who know how to use the grenade launcher effectively. They blast the enemy into corners and allow forces to use dam-spells on a whole mob that can't even move, and the melee fighters can spam their complete PA as well. Also they use the grenade launcher against bosses like De Ragon, it's like a mini SUV that hits multiple body points.

Gryffin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:16 AM
Good point, I only have 2 friends other than myself who Ive seen use a grenade launcher.. I dont see too many lasers either though..

Trioxin13
Mar 6, 2007, 11:16 AM
On 2007-03-06 08:13, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-03-06 08:11, Trioxin13 wrote:

Really swords? Hmm that's interesting, but truthfully you may be right cause when Axes released a lot of people dropped the sword and stuck with Axe, not tht I can blame them too much xD

Most of the hunters I would group with seemed to use the "twin" type weapons. I honestly can't remember someone using a Sword in a group I was in.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 11:17 AM
The yohmei and tenora crea sabers.

USE THEM PEOPLE!

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-03-06 08:14, CyarVictor wrote:
Effective grenade launchers.(Even in general, I rarely see grenade launchers). i only know three fortegunners who know how to use the grenade launcher effectively. They blast the enemy into corners and allow forces to use dam-spells on a whole mob that can't even move, and the melee fighters can spam their complete PA as well. Also they use the grenade launcher against bosses like De Ragon, it's like a mini SUV that hits multiple body points.

I definately second that, when I'm in G-Launcher parties there's not much to fear especially in Moatoob areas like Mine Defense. Not to mention with G-Launchers their effects hit more often than not.

Trioxin13
Mar 6, 2007, 11:20 AM
On 2007-03-06 08:14, CyarVictor wrote:

I always did that on Bruce runs in the rooms with the Kog Nadd, since it knocks them over too, but would get yelled at about using a "non group friendly" weapon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

CyarVictor
Mar 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
Also Traps, be that you are a Protranser, Fortegunner, Figunner; I never really see any traps used. Only by those few few people who know those classes well. A virus trap can decimate the many big enemies like Jarbas and Svaltus. Even the sleep trap can be effective by halting several major enemies while the party gets rid of the annoying ones first, or readying a major mult-headed attack on one target that's asleep. G-Launchers are good, especially the new freeze PA; stops even Bil De Vears cold.

CyarVictor
Mar 6, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-03-06 08:20, Trioxin13 wrote:
I always did that on Bruce runs in the rooms with the Kog Nadd, since it knocks them over too, but would get yelled at about using a "non group friendly" weapon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Well, they may have had bad experience with g-launchers, but those are magic in Bruce cause you can cluster Vandas into corners where the force can use dambarta and the fighters can unleash hell without retaliation. And great for knocking over those annoying Kogg Nadds. The same can be said about the Tornado Dance since most fling enemies everywhere. The few figunners who know how to use it, can pile drive Bil De Vears into the floor and mobs destroyed without breaking the mob apart.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
i would use those crea weapons if only i have enough COPERNIA!! Less use weapons are those Kubara weapons and Crea definitely. Cant blame them cause there are no A grinder board and those weapons are really really weak.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 11:38 AM
Crossbows.

i would, but only lvl 20 bullets, i need the last part....

-Crokar-
Mar 6, 2007, 11:39 AM
i use 4 kubara weapons. i dont care for crea weapons. one more kubara weapon and all my melee weapons will be kubara

Pengfishh
On 2007-03-06 08:11, Eleina wrote:

Crossbow is awkward and, well, terrible.

Akaimizu
I'm working on Crossbows. They don't level fast as of yet, but they are worth it to have. And yes, I'm probably going the crossbows route instead of Cards.

I think the most underused weapon are a good pair of Single Handguns. I'm not talking about the weak ones, but the greater star variety. It's the only reason why I can't sell Teranite to save my life. Not even for 300 mst a pop. I've had mine in the shop for over a month and advertised. Yep. Only the most underused weapon can have its materials not sell even if they're sold at near rock bottom prices.

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 11:42 AM
Crossbows only start off terrible. They're a decent utilitarian weapon at high levels. Crossbow Shock can be extremely annoying to most creatures.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-03-06 08:39, Pengfishh wrote:

Crossbow is NOT terrible, level up the bullets before you knock it!

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 11:46 AM
Crossbow is very useful and damaging compare to cards... And yes level the crossbow please. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Mar 6, 2007, 11:47 AM
Knuckles, yo.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-03-06 08:47, Sychosis wrote:
Knuckles, yo.

I used knuckles, once upon a time.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 11:54 AM
ya i use knuckles too!!!! back in PSOBB though...lol.

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-03-06 08:39, Pengfishh wrote:

Thats one of the reasons why I made this thread, to show people different options than going with the wave. I just wish I could take them to 21+ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I used 21+ ice bullets oh my lord I felt unstoppable with Xbow and dagger, i like never got hit ever o_o;

Sychosis
Mar 6, 2007, 12:06 PM
On 2007-03-06 08:50, omegapirate2k wrote:

Knuckles, yo.

In recent memory I can only recall Sha'raun using them. I do believe both Parn and Magician use them though.

Outside of that, no one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CyarVictor
Mar 6, 2007, 12:11 PM
Traps

Shotties/Shotguns

Ryuen
Mar 6, 2007, 12:19 PM
I seem to be the only figunner that uses Sword, crossbow, and twin handguns (Insert big gasp from most of the "crowd" here). I still use twin sabers, twin daggers, and double saber, but I do my best to regulate its use (In other words, my palette isn't full of double sabers like some double saber fanatics... >_>)
For my GT, I use both crossbow and cards as well as laser cannons, shotguns, and bows but I never use machine guns as...they're too weird for me. I use rifle as an absolute last resort for I run out of ammo for everything.
I am dsitraught by the lack of tactics in Uni 2, but this is Uni 2 we're talking about. I'm also distraught at people knocking knockback as bad altogether despite how can it be used. I do actively use knockback to bunch stray monsters into a group or bunch 'em into a corner. I call it "choke pointing" as when this happens, it should give the hint for Forces and others to direct their fire to the group...if they're not busy yelling at you for using knockback or doing their own thing of "army of one" or something more frivelous.
Forgive my cynism but the ranting I hear from people in general here makes me so. Knockback is a double edged sword but people are either one or the other with it. It's like any other weapon; you need to see its uses as you use it before you can learn how to properly and effectively wield it. Sadly, the world is rather unforgiving...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuen on 2007-03-06 09:22 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 6, 2007, 12:20 PM
I have a friend who swears by Bogga Zubba.

RadiantLegend
Mar 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
Laser Cannon

Zero-mx
Mar 6, 2007, 12:26 PM
My Fighgunner main has a crossbow/dagger combo that works really well. I'd like to see more people use the lazer cannon as well, I don't think I've seen anyone use one of these things in the last few months.
Other Fighgunners need to learn to use things other than double sabres, I mean, we get twin swords, twin daggers, swords, knuckles, and twin pistols!

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 6, 2007, 12:29 PM
Technics - Zonde.

amtalx
Mar 6, 2007, 12:34 PM
I have seen VERY few rangers using shotguns and even fewer using them properly. Shotguns with leveled bullets deal massive damage (if you hit all your shots) and aren't bad for spamming SEs on weaker creatures. Just remember to put it away and stop being a tough guy when you're fighting larger creatures.

CyarVictor
Mar 6, 2007, 12:47 PM
Important weapons not really seen:

Skill

You can have the greatest gear, but without the skill it would be useless. I'm stating a general thing I've noticed with randoms like using a fire weapon on a fire monster or running straighting into Vanda's flamethrowers. i mean you can use fire bullets/foie to burn fire enemies like Jarbas if there was no rangers/no virus traps/no virus bullets, but melee weapons of same elements.....

necman
Mar 6, 2007, 01:00 PM
You all make good points but I thought the most under used weapon in this game was the brain. You create a game call it pa leveling and someone will join and instantly complain about the element you are using on a certain enemy. I know it's weak against that element. why do you think I'm using it. The other complaint is against my force friends. They go out of there way to heal me even thou they are on the other side of the room. I have 20 di and trimates let me use em. scapes are expensive. Mates drop everywhere. If people can not bring there own heal items let em die. And yes I have a lazer and granade launcher. I seldomly use em exept in parties with friends. in uni 1 or 2 I use what ever really needs leveling or something that is new.

chibiLegolas
Mar 6, 2007, 01:11 PM

Really? I'm a GT, and just LOVE my xbows!
They're my livelyhood. I thought I've seen a few xbow users around as well. But I seldom seen them at 21 bullets. Guess I assume they're used by figunners all the time, or other gunners who are always leveling thiers up like me.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

They're so slow to level, but well worth it IMO.

What I DO get scolded for is using the same element bullets vs. same element monsters.
Well, I'm aiming to get these bullets to 21. That means I gotta use them nearly all the time! (except for Bruce). It's too slow to level otherwise. There's no point IMO, to have all elements stuck at 1 or 2 shots, when I can aim to have a selected few at 3 shots instead. Besides, I'm mainly using xbows for it's SE, rather than worrying about it's elemental damage.

I wish I have time to play around with the shotguns or lazer cannons. But leveling xbows has drained all my time to explore other weapons.
lol.

Besides, I can't figure out the pros for using lazer cannons anyways. Other than it's cool factor.

I 2nd the grenade launcher! I wish I could use them cause they're great for tech casting mobs. (god I HATE them!).

I've been meaning to play around with traps. But ppl always seems to bug other classes to use them more, instead of the GT's. I gotta read up on the stats for traps on each class...

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 01:26 PM
The main issue with Traps are they're cumbersome and a bit of an extra issue to deal with a Guntecher's vastly complex weapon pallette. Even without using traps, I'm extremely busy. So technically, I would have to incorporate yet another role to switch-between. Also, Traps bring back that risk vs. reward factor (no G traps for us), which is both life threatening and time consuming (GTs get hurt badly by both Physical and Technique attacks). Then there's the expense (depending on if you can get the money easily).

It's not much of a bad idea to mix up traps, and thankfully the GT isn't demanded to use them; but I may start using them more in the endgame, and when I'm in a party where Forces take over the general buff responsibilities. Of course, if there is a Trap willing Protranser there, all the better.

Normally an over-simplified approach to my in-battle strategy is.
1. Status Effect monsters.
2. Monitor every monster and party member position and their health and status, in case I need to jump to step 4.
3. Damage the monsters more.
4. Keep the party healthy and buffed.

If a Force takes over some of that, I generally become the backup life-saver, unless we're in a situation where I've been put to the responsibility to revert to my original strategy so that the Force can concentrate more on Attack techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-06 10:29 ]</font>

Esufer
Mar 6, 2007, 01:55 PM
Shotguns done well.

Sychosis
Mar 6, 2007, 02:07 PM
I would also like to point out the lack of doublesabers.

This topic needs more doublesabers.

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-03-06 11:07, Sychosis wrote:

I only have 82 :/ Is that enough?

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 02:32 PM
On 2007-03-06 09:06, Sychosis wrote:

In recent memory I can only recall Sha'raun using them. I do believe both Parn and Magician use them though.

Outside of that, no one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

i lub knuckles!!!!!!!!

w/ this new PA, its my 2nd favorite weapon.

i need to buy 7*-8* ones http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sychosis
Mar 6, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-03-06 11:26, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-03-06 11:07, Sychosis wrote:

I only have 82 :/ Is that enough?

No, nevar. Moar dublsabrs pl0rx.

LAMB1
Mar 6, 2007, 03:11 PM
when dudes only use anga redda for axes, thats mad whack, get with angadugrga for real mobcontrol....thats whats up!

Itsuki
Mar 6, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-03-06 08:17, omegapirate2k wrote:

USE THEM PEOPLE!

Are you kidding me!? Claire Sabra is like the ONLY good one of the bunch. Hell, a +10 Claire Sabra has the equivalent ATP of like a +5 Buccaneer, AND it hits 2 enemies at once.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-03-06 12:24, Itsuki-chan wrote:

On 2007-03-06 08:17, omegapirate2k wrote:

USE THEM PEOPLE!

Are you kidding me!? Claire Sabra is like the ONLY good one of the bunch. Hell, a +10 Claire Sabra has the equivalent ATP of like a +5 Buccaneer, AND it hits 2 enemies at once.

Regardless of how good they are, they're STILL not used.

If I was a human or newman I'd totally stick with a +10 Crea Sabra, but Im not.

MT7218
Mar 6, 2007, 03:36 PM
Technics - Jellen, Zalure, Zodeel.

I RARELY see people use these, espically the latter. Jellen and Zalure, I see some do that on things like the BDVs in Bruce, variant and non variant, and maybe, MAYBE a use of Zodeel on those annoying bees, but even then, I don't really see these used. A little hint to you techers that don't know, at S level and beyond, the mobs have MUCH higher stats than the PCs ever will. Thus, Jellen/Zalure/Zodeel will help the party a lot more as their loss is bigger from it than the gain the players get from Shifta/Deband/Zodial/Reiter

Akaimizu
Mar 6, 2007, 03:39 PM
I sort of agree. I use Jellen a lot. I even recognize how even a SE1 level of it, can be a lifesaver at times. It's Bill De Vear's secret and silent arch nemesis, stripping much needed damage away from their Tornado spinning attack.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 03:41 PM
I see debuffs used all the time.

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 03:47 PM
Axes.

Para
Mar 6, 2007, 04:17 PM
Laser cannons definitely.
Twin claws a bit close to Laser cannons.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 04:23 PM
i am fortegunner and i hardly even touch the laser cannons, so that would be less use weapon for me.
About debuff, i use zalure all the time and that is the minimum. Some FO wont debuff depends on siuation. I for once would not run up to Gaorozan (that wizard) and debuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif A good FO would actually debuff to make things easier for the melee/range people to do more damage efficiently.

akratic
Mar 6, 2007, 04:24 PM
Someone needs to explain why a laser should be used. What can it do that other ranger weapons cannot do better? I ask this in all sincerity. I've yet to buy a PA for laser since it is unclear what the excellence of a laser is.

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 04:30 PM
It can pierce through multiple enemies. If I remember correctly,
it can hit up to three people in a single line. The only downside
is the SE. That's not the point though. The Laser was meant to
deal more damage than it was to SE. That's where people
misunderstand the use of a Laser.

Nia
Mar 6, 2007, 04:44 PM
I have a fighgunner lvl 57. I couldnt imagine just using one weapon(double saber). My pallete always has a variety of the weapons I can use. and if I have more then my palette can hold I always have more with me. Never just one weapon. Just doesnt seem fun to me.

Pure-chan
Mar 6, 2007, 05:02 PM
I use the heck out of swords (mainly tornado break), knuckles (both store bought PA's) and axes (anga durega) on my Fortefighter. On my fortegunner, I carry shotguns (fire since since the proc rate seems effective enough to continually stick mobs and ice to combo with my virus crossbow), grenage launchers (correctly - by pinning enemies into the wall for hunters), crossbows (ice, shock and virus) and even the occasional cannon.

Guess I'm weird. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 06:12 PM
On 2007-03-06 13:24, akratic wrote:
Someone needs to explain why a laser should be used. What can it do that other ranger weapons cannot do better? I ask this in all sincerity. I've yet to buy a PA for laser since it is unclear what the excellence of a laser is.

Laser is an easy one to use, you just have to pick your moments. The same way a slicer was used back in PSO you pretty much lined up the enemies you wanted to attack from a distance and let it rip *sorry beyblade ._.*

Same with the laser i wouldn't suggest using it all the time but there are areas where many enemies pop in a line or even can't dodge the laser's width, such as tunnels and doorways. Gotta remember every weapon isn't about maximum output it's about helping the party to it's goal. I think of laser more of a support weapon than anything else. Wouldn't suggest soloing with laser at all, tough buisness if you tried xD

akratic
Mar 6, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-03-06 15:12, -Rune- wrote:Gotta remember every weapon isn't about maximum output it's about helping the party to it's goal.
Oh, ok, thanks. I didn't realize that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I know what a laser does and that if enemies are all lined up it can hit them. I just am not sure that this is entirely useful - even when "it's about helping the party to it's [sic] goal." I mean, those ageetas (sp?) in the narrow trails on neudaiz aren't too threatening to the parties I'm in. Perhaps in Grove it'd be good, but I don't know how wide the shot is. And is it worth causing damage if you cannot cause status effects? Could use grenades, or strafe with xbows, etc, instead and do damage and apply multiple status effects.

In other words, why spend a pa slot on something so limited in its use, and even when useful (that is, when it could hit a lot of stuff) it is really unremarkable apart from being able to hit a lot of stuff?

Carbinne
Mar 6, 2007, 08:25 PM
Lasers are underused because they suck. Damage is only really useful in certain situations, they're impossible to level, status level sucks, blah blah. Grenades have that knockback thing and they have good status at higher levels, plus they can own De Ragan, but they can eat PP up fast and have that annoying arc fire that reqires some time to get used to.

That said, I picked up Mayalee Prism and I have to say the knockdown effect it has makes Lasers a hell of a lot more useful.

XDeviousX
Mar 6, 2007, 08:26 PM
Traps, Traps, Traps, and Traps.

They're great for burn/infect/poison/sleep ect. and they can be your best friend against tightly packed mobs, and tough enemies. Too many people ignore them that can use them,,,

Valvalion
Mar 6, 2007, 08:37 PM
Crossbows.

More people need to use them.

Got mine level up, never looked back.

Scion
Mar 6, 2007, 09:23 PM
Crossbows.

My GT uses them...maybe too damn much. I only have 2 elements that haven't gotten past 21 yet (light and lightning). I'm such a fanatic for this weapon that my friends call me a crossbow whore. xD

I played with another Guntecher, and she had ALL her crossbow bullets at level 30. I almost cried at the monumental beauty of it, lol. I think it'll be safe to say she'll be pwning when that S rank crossbow gets into her hands.

More people need to start using them, because this is an awesome weapon when you invest time into it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-03-06 18:26 ]</font>

APEXi
Mar 6, 2007, 09:26 PM
TRAPS! fighgunners especially! burn traps do wonders

Mayu
Mar 6, 2007, 09:29 PM
G Launcher

Laser cannon

Swords

Axes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-03-06 18:30 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Mar 6, 2007, 10:33 PM
On 2007-03-06 09:06, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-03-06 08:50, omegapirate2k wrote:

Knuckles, yo.

I used them on my alt... switched them out for twin sabers though. >>

Eh, Bogga got old. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BahnKnakyu
Mar 7, 2007, 01:07 AM
Mechguns. They're awesome on cast GTs, FGs, and fGs. Highly underrated, but omg the DPS is insane. Sure you have to carry a ton of them but nothing beats mowing down a group of enemies with an automatic weapon. I have yet to level one to level 30, but at level 21 it gets a 20% elemental bonus, which is like, ubar.

biggabertha
Mar 7, 2007, 12:40 PM
On 2007-03-06 18:29, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
G Launcher

Laser cannon

Swords

Axes

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-03-06 18:30 ]</font>

Nice, everything a Protranser can use. After getting enough ATP for an Axe that is... -.-

I really do like how these four weapons are difficult to use or take time to know how to use effectively. After firing the Grenade Launcher once, I memorised it's range straight away. After finding out it goes through ANYTHING and only blows up when it touches the ground, it became more useful for shooting through walls and corners. Sure, it doesn't deal a lot of damage even with the right elemental bullets but the effect it has is really useful in teams that understand "hit them while they're down" principles.

The Laser Cannon seems easiest to level solo in my opinion rather than in teams. In a team, the enemies run after each member and scatters them that way making the Laser really difficult to be made effective. Solo though, you can line up six or seven enemies and blast them all for easy leveling. I'm just not used to seeing such high numbers from my Protranser! (I've kept with high grinded C weapons because I used up too much money on traps to learn how they all work... x.x I know, expensive first character...)

I've always been a sword fanatic and even if I'm only able to use up to A rank Swords, that doesn't bother me. I'm used to not dealing lots and lots of damage but I admire how skilful you have to be using a sword otherwise you get clobbered or interrupted. Man, Spinning Break and Tornado Break really tear into some enemies, it's such a powerful weapon on it's own as well!

When I get the ATP needed to use an Axe, I'm sure they'll be difficult to master but they'll be fun.

Weapons that I rarely ever see are actually handguns. Everyone uses a machinegun, crossbow or cards these days and consider the handgun nothing more than a mini rifle used in one hand. Well, as a Protranser, I can't say anything about it because I only have access to handguns for my left hand! They do take a while to level up though...

Also, I rarely see anyone actually using Bows on anyone other than a Guntecher. Fortetechers and Wartechers don't use them and I've not partied with any other Protransers either. Bows are awesome weapons once you get past the initial start up time and the fact that the fancier B, A or S rank versions look more elaborate than practical... Got to love being able to shoot bosses confidently anywhere and deal roughly the same amount of damage!

Ryoki
Mar 7, 2007, 12:42 PM
Knuckles. Definatly.

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2007, 12:42 PM
I see Fortetechers with Bows quite a bit. But I really have to agree that Handguns really got the shaft in terms of popularity. Teranite is one of the main materials you practically have to PAY people to take off your hands. The only reason, that I can even imagine, is that Handguns are among the least popular weapon class in the game. Nobody is making them. They might be beat out by Laser Cannon, though.

I'm kind of tempted to just buy a cheap Laser Cannon, so I can shoot it and have people say, "So THAT'S what one looks like!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-07 09:48 ]</font>

Ryoki
Mar 7, 2007, 12:49 PM
Handguns are the only weapons i have all the bullets for...minus the ultimate, which i will get soon.

Tiyr
Mar 7, 2007, 12:50 PM
Teranite's also used for cards, crossbows, and machine guns though. The problem is that it's too common for the number of uses, kind of like slaterian. I mean, there're only three one-handed melee weapons, and you only use three per attempt.

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2007, 12:53 PM
Hmm. I guess nobody ever finds themselves needing to buy them. Had them in my shop for 300, for over a month. Then I had them for 200 for a week. Not one single one sold even as an advertised commodity. Basically, they sold to the NPCs as I was pretty much teetering around the sell-to-NPC value already.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-07 09:54 ]</font>

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:08 PM
Hmm I thought about my question even more and now I'm beginning to think single claw is one of the more under rated weapons. I mean it's faster than saber and stuns more, and you can usually get out unscathed. Pair it with a mech gun, you have some uber dmg potential.

SolomonGrundy
Mar 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
I never see twin claws, single claws, or laser cannons.

I see very few mechguns. I see few crossbows, and the ones I do see are often underleveled (which I can understand)

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:20 PM
Yea I swear I'll be the first fighgunner to cap all the elements and bullets of Xbow on ps2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif , I use twin claws and single claw. But I'm on PS2 server so that'd explain you not seeing me lol

DavidNel
Mar 7, 2007, 04:52 PM
I've only EVER seen one trap used... Crossbows are really underused too. I use 'em, but I like the fact that I can freeze multiple enemies at the same time. They're great for FFF on S.

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 05:04 PM
I love my traps, they get me out *and in* some hairy situations :3

Stezan
Mar 7, 2007, 06:06 PM
Double Saber, heh

But for real, I harldy ever see mechguns and fists, which happen to be some of my favorite weps.

Koe
Mar 7, 2007, 08:31 PM
I rarely see people using Knuckles..
But I love them.

I'm a Ff and use all of my "S" weapons..
Especially Knuckles recently. Bogga Robado=<3

I use some of my As, like Twin Saber..
And I want to cap my Dagger/Twin Dagger skills, just to have them capped..

SolomonGrundy
Mar 7, 2007, 09:28 PM
I have to admit...I don't "get" traps. I'm a Level 60 Figunner, rank2, and generally run with lower level parties in groups totalling 3 or less (some soloing).

The price for G traps is high enough that it makes most missions not worth doing... I can go through 2000 meseta in traps, and earn 4000 meseta for a mission, less photon recharge costs. great. I think they should reduce the prince on tose damn things