PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: tornado dance vs. gravity dance

majan
Mar 6, 2007, 11:12 AM
Is it just me or does tornado dance totally suck?particularly in the sense that it sends EVERYTHING flying?im not sure how the damage is because I don't use it,but even if its good,I would still only use that to do solo missions simply not to piss off the rest of the party by knocking things that other people are tying to hit across the damn room.

Im a techer and someone was using tornado while we were doing the new onmagoug mission and my partner and I were debating kicking him because noone else could hit anything....rather annoying and selfish.I for one could not hit a single thing.fortunately,the culprit lagged out.

Gravity dance on the other hand is a sick-looking pa,haven't heard anyone complain about the damage(again I wouldn't know because I haven't used it yet...soon though),and its much more crowd control and party friendly.

Now,which one shoulda been the ultimate art?is pissing everyone off worth 99 pa frags?apparently,to some.

Comments?

Umberger
Mar 6, 2007, 11:19 AM
Tornado Dance is the bane of all large creatures. For smaller ones, it usually just hits them once before they get hit out of range.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
Tornado dance is for large enemies and gravity dance is for groups of small enemies.

That seems to be the case.

Tiyr
Mar 6, 2007, 11:21 AM
They have totally different uses. Tornado dance is for perma-locking something annoying (like a Gaozoran) or for knocking over and doing huge damage to large enemies (like Nadds). Only reason to use it on small enemies is if you WANT to scatter them, which can be handy if they're doing a ton of damage.

Gravity dance, on the other hand, is AE damage without so much as a flinch until the third hit.

Different PAs, different uses. Both are very good.

Esufer
Mar 6, 2007, 01:36 PM
Tornado Dance is god if you use lock on.

Sharkyland
Mar 6, 2007, 01:54 PM
tornado dance (horizontal) is good against very large enemies and for moving from one point to another in a small amount of time...

gravity dance (veritical) is good for 2 enemies, then 3 enemies (then I dunno about the 3rd combo on what's the max it can hit)...

majan
Mar 6, 2007, 02:17 PM
okay,makes sense.however,may I reccomend to fighgunners out there using tornado dance NOT to use it in large parties without large enemies to permastun them?because if were all fighting 6 ageetas or 6 olgohmons or watever it is,we'd all like to hit them.scattering can be good in situations where people are trapper or whatever but mostly its a major pain in the ass when techers like myself and other people are wasting PP's becasue we use an ability or skill on something that wont be there by the time the move executes.

its a major inconvenience,so fighgunners out there,please use your judgement and use it when it isnt gona completely disrupt the rest of hte party.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 02:34 PM
TD = Boss/Huge enemies.

GD = Surrounded by mobs.

SD = good for all uses, mah fav http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kimil
Mar 6, 2007, 03:01 PM
Why does this have the title XBOX360?
We have these PAs too

majan
Mar 6, 2007, 03:07 PM
habit.sorry,didnt mean to ..erm..offend you.

besides,Im not about to judge the entire PC/PS2 community on a problem Ive only seen on the 360 servers.for all I know,you guys could have different annoyances and I'd have been talkin outta my ass.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 03:28 PM
Nope, the dislike of tornado dance spamming is universal I think XD

Pengfishh
Mar 6, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-03-06 12:07, majan wrote:
habit.sorry,didnt mean to ..erm..offend you.

besides,Im not about to judge the entire PC/PS2 community on a problem Ive only seen on the 360 servers.for all I know,you guys could have different annoyances and I'd have been talkin outta my ass.

That is surprisingly mature for this place.

Ravennittes
Mar 6, 2007, 05:38 PM
Tornado Dance is made so you can get an S-rank of any level that has creatures that shoot megid.

The other 2 are made for all other levels ^.^ .

I know this 'cause I played offline and TD saves my ass multiple times through knockback.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 05:40 PM
Actually, that does bring one lil thing up.... would you guys really complain if things that shoot megid is always on their back? Ontop of that, why aren't anyone saying the same thing about the new Knuckles PA? It has the same -knock the enemy out of techer range- effect....

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 05:41 PM
I only use Tornado Dance to travel quickly, since I usually don't use Double Sabers in battle it may as well serve some other purpose. >_>

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 05:45 PM
Yes, the knuckles PA (or any knockback PA) can be annoying for a techer, but

1) There aren't as many people using the knuckle PA and

2) There are a LOT of retards going "Whee!! Look at MEEE!!!" as they spin around and around.

Spiral Dance IS superior in terms of damage and knockback control over Tornado Dance - you can't really control where enemies go when you use TD, but SD it's dead easy, and that's important, particularly if you like the fortetecher in your group or he's heading the party and can kick you out.

Gawd. n00bgunners everywhere, spamming n00bnado dance... it's my worst nightmare, and I PLAY a figunner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-03-06 14:45 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 05:48 PM
You just made my point with number 2 that you listed. It isn't the PA... it's the people. Don't say -Don't use DblSaber PA's-, but say -Dont use knock back PAs in general in such n such situations-.

Other wise, you're generalising the problem when it shouldn't be.

Ravennittes
Mar 6, 2007, 05:57 PM
I'm a FT and I don't mind knockback skills s'long as the stuff knocked back is something that would otherwise ill me instantly/nearly instantly, such as a lv 90 Gaozoran. When I do Seed Awakened, I wish I have a Fighgunner... Both times I did it I didn't, and there were mass casualties (second time was 5 FT's and a FF, and somehow we did better than the first time by 14 deaths).

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 05:58 PM
I'll generalize all I want to - after all, I play a figunner myself, that means I'm hardly ignorant of the issue and free to call 'em n00bgunners.

and did I ever SAY don't use double saber PAs?

I use Spiral and Gravity Dance all the time. They are very valuable, very well balanced PAs; one, a knockback/damage PA, and the other a crowd sweeper. That's nice for figunners, because it means they can concentrate on synthing double sabers until they have adequate percentages and can switch PAs depending on what enemies they're facing.

I have trouble seeing the usefulness of Tornado Dance, except on bosses and large creatures - and Spiral Dance handily outdamages Tornado on both.

Therefore, it's useless in my book. *shrug*

Ravennittes
Mar 6, 2007, 06:00 PM
With nosu-techs it's much harder to complain about knock back y'know. So TD is nice s'long as it's used appropriately (ie. saving my ass)

Priest1850
Mar 6, 2007, 08:39 PM
Tornado Dance on Big guys
Gravity Dance on Small guys
Spiral Dance on Small and big guys =)