PDA

View Full Version : Is spiral dance worth getting?

urafatrodent
Mar 6, 2007, 04:05 PM
Now that I'm done with forteFighter, I was thinking of trying some FighGunner (I've already done some when I was first being wishy-washy with the expert classes release) and I'm thinking of finally giving double sabers a try. I'm pretty convinced on getting Gravity Dance, but I was wondering about the strengths of Spiral Dance.

So in short, is Spiral Dance worth getting? Does it have some advantage that Gravity Dance doesn't have (besides stalling Bil De Vears =p)?

Your opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Weakness
Mar 6, 2007, 04:09 PM
Spiral Dance is faster, has a knock back effect on the second hit, and has more style points. What is better then kicking your weapon at a monster's forehead and sending them flying?

But in all, Gravity Dance and Spiral Dance are about equal in terms of use.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
Sprail Dance can put the hurtting on enemies with the correct placement. Also it has a good knock back effect that's useful for when mobs are using techniques that you need to cancel out.

urafatrodent
Mar 6, 2007, 04:15 PM
So it sounds like...

Spiral Dance is for knocking stuff around...

And Gravity Dance is for damage?

Is that right? Then maybe Spiral is worth it.

Kaydin
Mar 6, 2007, 04:26 PM
Gravity Dance is good for mobs. Spiral Dance is better for single enemies.

According to a friend of mine, Sprial Dance is a mole killer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 04:43 PM
Yea Spiral dance can dish out some quick hard damage, and is made of secks

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 04:46 PM
Spiral Dance is a definate must have!!! who doesnt like running up to huge crowd of enemies and start tripping 3 of them??!!! i think Spiral Dance is more useful. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-03-06 13:46 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Mar 6, 2007, 05:07 PM
Spiral Dance, I'd say, is way better for damage. Third string in the combo easily hits for 200% damage, if not more. Kog Nadds become bitches.

urafatrodent
Mar 6, 2007, 05:13 PM
Well you've convinced me guys. Thanks for the info (I never knew Spiral Dance was so highly regarded).

I'm still gona have to get gravity dance though too (it's the reson i considered using the dbl.).

Anyways thanks for the info, I'm done.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 05:15 PM
The Third Part of Spiral Dance rapes anuses, and is GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT against shit with multiple hit points. It's like a mini Tornado Dance.

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 05:20 PM
Yeah, the combo on it is VERY damaging - about the most damaging we can get access to, aside from a 50% element Caliburn and Spinning Break.

It's 3 hits at the % listed - then 2 hits at about 1.5 times that % - then 3 hits at 2.5 times that %, and each one causes knockback, hits multiple enemies and target zones, and penetrates.

Spiral Dance is - in a word - BRUTAL. I think it's head and shoulders above Tornado Dance, not in the least because you can CHOOSE which way the enemies go flying, and Tornado dance just sends small-medium enemies every which way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-03-06 14:22 ]</font>

VanHalen
Mar 6, 2007, 05:24 PM
It looks cool therefore it must be bought(I mean look at bogga danga)

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-03-06 14:20, imfanboy wrote:
Tornado dance just sends small-medium enemies every which way.

Tornado dance is good, but you will also have a bag full of hates coming to you as a gift if u decide to abuse that move on enemies like polties. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Allison_W
Mar 6, 2007, 05:48 PM
Spiral Dance is one of the coolest-looking moves I have ever seen. It instantaneously makes little Lou transform from cutie pie into complete bad ass.

I'll be honest that I used Tornado Dance way more in Extra Mode myself, but that was because I usually only used double sabers against the huge monsters that Tornado Dance is designed for anyway--and against those, Spiral Dance just didn't keep up damage-wise. I also hear that Tornado Dance isn't as powerful online as it is offline.

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 05:52 PM
Spiral Dance is prolly one of my favorite PA's for dmg, stalling enmies and even dodging attacks. I usually use the first hit of the PA and miss on purpose for Vanda's then use the second hit to position myself behind them when they try and "Flame On!" on me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 05:56 PM
Btw for people who complain about TD being used against weaker mobs, take into consideration the type.. if its mobs that die fast from just two passings of TD dispite being tossed around, and they just DROP as you move through them... then you're just killing fast and effectively. So if its helping you move foward faster through the level then just embrace it. To top that off, remember this... people are trying to level this being as they JUST got it for ove the last week, so give'em a break.

Weakness
Mar 6, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-03-06 14:56, Lonzell wrote:
Btw for people who complain about TD being used against weaker mobs, take into consideration the type.. if its mobs that die fast from just two passings of TD dispite being tossed around, and they just DROP as you move through them... then you're just killing fast and effectively. So if its helping you move foward faster through the level then just embrace it. To top that off, remember this... people are trying to level this being as they JUST got it for ove the last week, so give'em a break.

Or they could be a team player and realize nobody else can attack a mob that got sent to the other side of the room?

Tornado Dance is a highly selfish move (read retarded) against weaker mobs. The best use for it is when you can hit a monster more then once without it flying to the other side of the globe.

People should only use Tornado Dance against larger enemies and bosses. If you want to level it so badly go do it in a solo run.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 06:04 PM
[/quote]
If you want to level it so badly go do it in a solo run.

[/quote]

this is wat i am looking for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif totally agreed on this one. Lonzell have u ever play a FO? or even a hunter? please put yourself in that position and see if u like TD abuse on weaker enemies. When using skill like TD in a group please pay attention that u r not the only one there!!! And yes TD is a very selfish move unless use on the right enemies.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 06:12 PM
sorry for double post and sorry for the bad quoting. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lonzell, it is kinda hard to give them a break from using that skill if they dont consider how other people would feel if they use it. That is just no excuss.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 06:16 PM
the thing is, I see fortefighters causing knock back all the time, and me as a fighgunner has barely did it to mess with others.. but the moment fighgunners get a PA that does it, all of a sudden their singled out, dispite the fact that fortehunters have been the Kings of doing this since day one.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 06:20 PM
i am a fortefighter and i hardly have any skill that use knockback...i am not trying to be mean but wat i am saying is that when using knockback skill just be award that u r not alone in that mission unless u r soloing.

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 06:21 PM
Except that fortefighters using knockback it's generally the 3rd combo of their main damage PA (Dus Daggas or Anka Regga), and during that time they're keeping the enemies clumped around them and letting the FOs pound them.

-Rune-
Mar 6, 2007, 06:23 PM
The only person who should use that move is M. Bison that's it ._.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 06:29 PM
Please, I leveled hunter myself, and I play with these people everyday. You can't tell me people don't send things flying with twin swords and knuckles.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 06:34 PM
i have no more words to say...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif believe wat u like and go out there and spam knockback. For one thing is, i will immediately leave that team if one of them spam knockback really really really a lot, then i will just leave and join another team that is all.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 06:49 PM
I'm not saying "I" spam knock back, nore am I believing what I like. I'm telling you what I see from experience, without trying to conviently ignore it because a job that does it is my favorite.

Cz
Mar 6, 2007, 07:02 PM
to spam or not to spam...that is the question. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 07:42 PM
Spam until you cap it.. then use in moderation.

Weakness
Mar 6, 2007, 07:45 PM
On 2007-03-06 16:42, Lonzell wrote:

OR!

Go do it in solo C rank missions and save your party the frustration.

XDeviousX
Mar 6, 2007, 08:01 PM
Spiral Dance: Used for 1 to 3 enemies for decent to good damage with a quick striking action/knock down and then a move that sends a select enemy flying. Good for when mobs need broken up a bit but kept in place for others to wale away as well.

Gravity Dance: This PA owns mobs with good damage and they pretty much all stay in place so force and ranger types can aim and add to it's damage. The Last hit can conect with one or two creatures and knock them down and does great damage, element or not! Good for team play when everyone knows their job and want to do max damage to hordes.

Tornado Dance: Misss used by a lot of people. Used for high stamina enemies that don't fall over easy or at all and absprb impact and don't fly all over the place or as a last result to knock down hazerdous mobs spitting fire or megid. Good for putting a hurt on mini bosses/bosses/and bigger enemies that have tons of hp. (The fact it cost 30 hp a pop to use shoult tell you it isn't for common enemies or mobs)

anyone talking about using TD for mobs is misusing this PA. All Double Saber PAs are important for different enemies in a mssion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-06 17:03 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 08:01 PM
On 2007-03-06 16:45, Weakness wrote:

On 2007-03-06 16:42, Lonzell wrote:

OR!

Go do it in solo C rank missions and save your party the frustration.

OR, do it anyway, because those same people get 'frustrated' are the ones who would make fun of you for not having your skill levels high. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, so have fun your way. It IS a game after all. ^_^