PDA

View Full Version : Ok, this could help a lot of us out on the 360 take decent s

Fulgore
Mar 6, 2007, 08:50 PM
I hope someone can help me figure out this problem cuz it would help the whole psu community (for the 360)

I have a lcd tv, I have a pc tower, but I can't seem to figure out how I could get the 360 feed into the tower to see it on the lcd tv through the tower and take a screenshot of it so to have a decent picture to share with the community for once. Not just a cellphone cap or digital cap as usual.

So defeated at the moment, can anyone help who is smarter than me obviously?

Valvalion
Mar 6, 2007, 08:53 PM
The only way you'll be able to do something like that, is if you run it through standard definition / composite and run it through a capture card.

As far as i'm aware, there's no capture card at the moment with a scart, component or VGA input, so if you want a high definition proper capture, you're out of luck.

If someone can correct that, please tell me where as i'm looking for one myself.

Rizen
Mar 6, 2007, 08:59 PM
Aww...Dont down yourself like that.

Anyway, I think you need something along the lines of a Gamerbridge (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DLBAFU/qid=1172026985/ref=dp_cp_ob_title_1/102-6761953-7272963?ie=UTF8&qid=1172026985). Reason I mention this one is because I use it personally. Very cheap and reliable and gets the just done, although you wont be able to use HD quality to take snaps and recordings.

Basically you take your video cables and you plug it into your Gamebridge cables instead of your tv/vcr. You run a program and it will show your feed from video cables on your TV monitor.

If you want an example of how the quality looks, I can show you a few recordings I did.

Valvalion
Mar 6, 2007, 09:01 PM
Aye, that's quite a cheap capture device, but composite only.

Edit: Here we go. http://www.pixelsmart.com/vga.html

For a VGA connection, that should do you fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valvalion on 2007-03-06 18:04 ]</font>

hainsaw3
Mar 6, 2007, 09:54 PM
Wait, if you use a capture card you have to play using your pc monitor?

Sekani
Mar 7, 2007, 12:08 AM
On 2007-03-06 18:54, hainsaw3 wrote:
Wait, if you use a capture card you have to play using your pc monitor?

Normally yes, though if you have a video splitter you can play on your TV still.

I'm glad to see more people with Gamebridges by the way. I got a new HDTV this weekend, and there's no way I'm going back to S-video from 1080i.