PDA

View Full Version : A testimony to Figunner being the n00b class

Kimil
Mar 6, 2007, 09:52 PM
Read this first please! don't just skip through and post a crying baby. To those who do post a crying baby, or anything that says I am simply bitching without contributing, you are a useless trol. Have a good day.

Okay, first of all:
Figunner is a great class, with great potential.

-When every there are flying enemies they can shoot em down (Like the onma-style bosses), and once they knocked em down they can rape em with Tornado Dance.

-On Big enimies, they can do devistation damage with the Tornado Dance, because the enemies will not fly away, but fall over and take the damage up the ass.

-Small enemies, they can rape with single Sabber and dagger (which they have s ranks of in the future).

-Better Accuracy, MST, and evasion as far as basic stats go.

-Melee Resistant? Wip out dualies! They get the same access to these weps as do fortegunnners! (minus 10 PA levels)

-OMG, BIL BEAR! Wip out a thunder elemental bullet! Shock the bitch.

Why is Figunner the n00b class? 4/5 ppl don't play it as more than a useless n00b

Okay, now, if the figunner does some of the stuff above, they rock my socks. But most don't...

I just came out of a party a moment ago, there were 6 of us. Me (Fortefighter atm, but I can go wartecher if needed), and 5 figunners.

Now, one of these figunners was a freind of mine who knows how to actually play Figunner. He was very helpfull. But he got fed up with the others and left (or dced, not sure)

-On small mobs the other figunners were using Tornado Dance... sending everything soaring... away from everyone else's attacks

-On bil de bears, they DIDN'T use tornado dance. They didn't use guns eather. They just ran up and got killed many times.

- The boss battle... Okay this pissed me off:

It was the moatoob onma boss on s rank...

I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH A GUN! >< (The figunner friend of mine who wWASn't a n00b had left by this time). The 4 others all started by tornado dancing the boss, good damage, then it took flight.

I pulled out a pistol (since its the best gun a fF can use) and they all stood there. Then... they realized NOT ONE of the 4 of them had a single gun. They just stood there and took the lightning blasts as I tried the best I could with my little purple tenora pistol blasting away.

Of course, eventually I ran out of dimates and trimates... so I quit and left them in that boss battle with no guns at all. 4 figunners, with no guns 4 Fi's... lol ... so

So... 5 figunners, and only one knew how to play it.
4/5 figunners are n00bs?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-03-06 18:54 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 09:54 PM

Wow we got upgraded so that we can cause status effects on large mobs now.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 09:55 PM
i only use my double saber if EVERY other weapon is outta PP

its not even on my palette http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 09:56 PM
Fortefighters are actually the n00bs. there are more fortefighters than fighgunners

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 10:01 PM
^ now that, idk if i can agree >.>

i mean, atleast us fighgunners took the potential to go to another class, and make a unique one, instead of just being lazy and going all out hunter...

but, either way, no class is a n0ob class, not even protransers, they hav soaring stats at lvl 10.

Remeber: its not the class, its the PLAYER!

Kimil
Mar 6, 2007, 10:02 PM
It has nothing to do with population

I'm a wartecher b4 a fF btw And even then, when I am a fF , I'm playing the job as it's supposed to be played: Pure Melee.
-Max melee damage with Axes. Pure melee goodness with spears, knux and claws. Maybe a dagger pr saber. Just stopping the monsters from hurting forces (without simply knocking everything away... like with tornado dance)

Most figunners play their job as Foretfighter wannabees. Thats where the n00b class comes in Lonzell. They don't expand past twin Sabers for the most part

Of Course, some do and they are good to play with (like Rashiid)

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 10:07 PM
On 2007-03-06 18:52, Kimil wrote:

I literally lawled. And yes, I agree.
Not many people know how to play the fG
class, and it's annoying. You normally
see people spamming the crap out of DS'
that it makes you wonder why the class
even exists. Hint. It's not so "noobs"
can spam DS. Stop playing fG as a tank.
That's a ForteFighter's job.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 10:07 PM
Actually all the fighgunners I see are using spears, and twin daggers, and guns. Fortefighters are still the n00b class. It's the cookiecutter, and anything that is considered cookiecutter that deals out the most damage, that is what n00bs are automatically attracted to. its like that in any videogame.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 10:08 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif thanx Kimil! lol

i dont try to knock things everywhere, and i know i dont do tons o damage, but i know im not ment for that. main reason i chose fighgun is for:

1) Dual Pistols
2) S rank twin daggers
3) mechguns

double saber is just a bonus, but i figure other ppl already spam em, so why bother use myne!

Rizen
Mar 6, 2007, 10:09 PM
Remember what I told you about your comments man. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Might want to rephrase if you want to have a decent discussion.

Things like this happens with many classes though...it just happens that it is most commonly seen on Figunners. Its not the fact a class is a "noob" class...its the fact that people play them poorly. And I'm not even going to put this one on Figunners - its unfair to the ones play it well; most of the time people either a) fail to see the meaning of team work or b) picked up the bad habits from playing another class (seeing how many people are playing Figunner after capping another expert class nowadays).

I dont want to add much fuel to the fire but I thought I may say that.

ssl118
Mar 6, 2007, 10:11 PM
I am a Fighgunnner and was asked the other day when a party member viewed my stats, "What Elayne? No Double Sabers?!?!?!?" This proves the point that most people see this class as abusing one weapon. Personally I love the guns and try to play the "Figh" and the "gunner" part of the class evenly. When it's time to fight De Ragnus and the bodies are flying I just hang back and pop him 250+ per hit with Twin guns. Good damage and good class. Please don't judge. But on topic I know what you mean. I burns my butt to search a Fighgunner and see a full palette of double sabers. (Even worse when all of them are Crea Doubles)

PALRAPPYS
Mar 6, 2007, 10:13 PM

Man, there has got to be something wrong with Fighgunners these days. >>

Mah alt, Ice King, has a set of Bulletmasters and a Repeater (which I would like to upgrade into a Beam Vulcan) and I rarely use my Double Saber. What's so great about doubleys anyway? All they do is hit multiple times. Heck, there are other weapons in the game much better. If all you use Double Sabers for is Tornado Dance, I don't understand the point--unless maybe if it's a transportation doube saber, and it's not always out in battle.

Oh well, rant on rant on...

Dualies ftw! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Skuda
Mar 6, 2007, 10:14 PM
The only reason I would ever call fighgunner a noob class, is that every tom, dick and harry wants a double saber. If fighgunner weren't DS exclusive, you'd likely see a lot less hack job fighgunners, and a lot more skilled ones.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:11, ssl118 wrote:
I am a Fighgunnner and was asked the other day when a party member viewed my stats, "What Elayne? No Double Sabers?!?!?!?" This proves the point that most people see this class as abusing one weapon. Personally I love the guns and try to play the "Figh" and the "gunner" part of the class evenly. When it's time to fight De Ragnus and the bodies are flying I just hang back and pop him 250+ per hit with Twin guns. Good damage and good class. Please don't judge. But on topic I know what you mean. I burns my butt to search a Fighgunner and see a full palette of double sabers. (Even worse when all of them are Crea Doubles)

same happened to me.

walk in party: "hey Sha, wheres yur Bone Dance?"

ME: "hell idk, rusting sumwhere under the Baltic Sea, why?!?!"
guy: "o, nothing....."

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 10:16 PM
I wanna know where everything about "All fighgunners use doublesabers" is coming from. I'm one of the fighgunners that use doublesabers as his primary weapon. But when I run into other fighgunners, I HARDLY see them use it, and that's IF they even have one. The onlytime I hear talk about this is on the forums.

Is there some rare universe where all fighgunners use doublesabers only? If so point me to it. sounds like fun. =D

Kimil
Mar 6, 2007, 10:17 PM
I think Sega first intended the DS exclusivity of the FG to even out the flood of ppl in expected to hit the fF scene. I think it bacfired a bit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And ya Rizen... -_- I know. I just... was a bit pissed after those guys didnt have ANY guns

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 10:18 PM
lmao @ a fi"gunner" without guns.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 10:22 PM
Well, we've established that the fighgunner class is looked down upon because you see too many noobish fighgunners.

This is, what, like the THIRD topic about it?

Kimil
Mar 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:18, Lonzell wrote:
lmao @ a fi"gunner" without guns.

YES, this is point i was trying to get across http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Tsavo
Mar 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
On 2007-03-06 18:56, Lonzell wrote:
Fortefighters are actually the n00bs. there are more fortefighters than fighgunners

Way to ignore the entire post. Good job.

Its funny because I thought you actually brought up some valid points on how to use FG effectively in your thread on Tornado Dance. Why you feel the need to bash fF's when it is obvious that the FG's Kimil was partying were obvioulsy nub incarnate is beyond me. It should never get to the point were the fF is the only one with a gun.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 10:26 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:23, Tsavo wrote:

Its funny because I thought you actually brought up some valid points on how to use FG effectively in your thread on Tornado Dance. Why you feel the need to bash fF's when it is obvious that the FG's Kimil was partying were obvioulsy nub incarnate is beyond me. It should never get to the point were the fF is the only one with a gun.

Not bashing. I gave a good explination as to why that is the n00b class. Fortefighters is the cookie cutter class to getting the big damage numbers. n00bs are attracted to high damage out put. Its like this in all videogames. Not saying it to be smartass

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
One thing you fail to mention are traps.

"Oh my gawd! This guy has 25,000 HP and I'm only hitting him for 400 each time with my twin handguns!"

WELL THEN DROP A BURN G OR POISON G TRAP, DORK.

"OMG! The sorcerers are kicking out butts!"

WELL THEN DROP A CONFUSE TRAP, DUMBASS.

Seriously. Figunners are the noob class.

That doesn't make it a BAD class, otherwise I never would have chosen one for myself, but it does mean that a greater proportion of fools and jerkoffs pick the class because they go, "Taht clas iz da koolest, it are teh bestes. Only a n00b be anyting elses" instead of carefully considering the various classes and deciding on figunner because it presents an even blend of accuracy and power, not to mention having the best quick-damage dealing weapons available, as well as gun and trap use superior to fortefighters.

Seriously. How do those guys even breathe?

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 10:36 PM
come to think of it, Omega, did i even use my d-saber throughout that entire Dulk Fakis S mission? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

and that was like 1h:40min

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 10:37 PM
i used confuse traps on those Gazorians, they still came after me >.>

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:36, Rashiid wrote:
come to think of it, Omega, did i even use my d-saber throughout that entire Dulk Fakis S mission? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I wasn't there XD

I WOULD have been on that mission with you guys, but I had to go last minute out of nowhere to visit my grandparents for the day, I was all psyched up to go too...

Tsavo
Mar 6, 2007, 10:39 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:26, Lonzell wrote:

On 2007-03-06 19:23, Tsavo wrote:

Not bashing. I gave a good explination as to why that is the n00b class. Fortefighters is the cookie cutter class to getting the big damage numbers. n00bs are attracted to high damage out put. Its like this in all videogames. Not saying it to be smartass

While fF has the big numbers I think of it more as a simple class(on paper at least), not noobish. Sure it seems to essentially be hack and heal, repeat, but a good fF can make this class a very intersting one to play. In my experience the easiest class to play so far has been Ranger(get high lvl bullet,pewpepew)but does that make it noobish? I know its been said countless times already but in the end there isn't any noob class, only players. Its a shame that the noobs seem to flock to double sabers/axes, makes it hard to get noticed when you're actually holding your own.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 10:40 PM
Right imfanboy, and lets COMPLETELY forget to mention that Figunner isn't the only class that uses Traps, and that every class that can, Protranseres included don't use them either.... These figunner players aren't doing anything new from what all your other favorite classes have been doing before they even became popular.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:38, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-06 19:36, Rashiid wrote:

I wasn't there XD

I WOULD have been on that mission with you guys, but I had to go last minute out of nowhere to visit my grandparents for the day, I was all psyched up to go too...

O YEAH!! lmao im lunchin!!

u shoulda, it was priceless!!

-Ryuki-
Mar 6, 2007, 10:44 PM
In a way, I'm glad my post was ignored >.>

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:44, RyukiZero wrote:
In a way, I'm glad my post was ignored >.>

Tankz w0ot!! go humans!!

o wait u meant teh damage tank....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:07, RyukiZero wrote:

On 2007-03-06 18:52, Kimil wrote:

I literally lawled. And yes, I agree.
Not many people know how to play the fG
class, and it's annoying. You normally
see people spamming the crap out of DS'
that it makes you wonder why the class
even exists. Hint. It's not so "noobs"
can spam DS. Stop playing fG as a tank.
That's a ForteFighter's job.

lmao... I'm not even gonna comment further on this. This is the type of people who think figunners are n00bs.

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 10:52 PM
I'm wondering about your levels of n00bosterone, Lozell, if you can't see that there's something wrong with the way the vast majority of figunners play their characters.

1) Double Handguns are necessary, learn to use them.

2) Double Sabers are NOT that good.

3) Traps are necessary, learn to use them.

4) If you're in a party, REMEMBER that you're in a party, not in a "Oooh, look at me spam a PA that all of my teammates hate until I get kickbanned from the group so I can come to forums and try to say that there's nothing wrong with the PA it's the rest of you lusers who should learn to accept that I'm a jerk!"

Not that I'm saying #4 is you, Lonzell.

But I can wonder, can't I?

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 10:55 PM
No. I'm not just having my eyes closed to everyone else, and i'm seeing that there is something wrong with the way that ALL jobs play their characters, not just figunners.

I use double handguns, double sabers, and i'm the only one that I know that use traps out of all the protransers, figunners, rangers that I've partied with since the game came out.

What i'm saying, is that you guys are generalising. None of you obviously know how well a DB can be used.

Jakosifer
Mar 6, 2007, 10:59 PM
On 2007-03-06 18:55, Rashiid wrote:

its not even on my palette http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Same here, I only occasionally use it to travel faster via tornado dance. >_>

And I seriously disagree with Fighgunner being the n00b class. That easily goes to the ForteFighters. Seriously, start out as a hunter, play for a while, get hunter to level 10, become even more powerful and gain the use of Axes...Now to become a Fighgunner you at least have to switch and be a Ranger for a while. Theres SOME kind of dedication when it comes to that, whether its for n00bish intentions or not, that cant be ignored.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-03-06 20:03 ]</font>

Tsavo
Mar 6, 2007, 11:02 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:55, Lonzell wrote:
No. I'm not just having my eyes closed to everyone else, and i'm seeing that there is something wrong with the way that ALL jobs play their characters, not just figunners.

I use double handguns, double sabers, and i'm the only one that I know that use traps out of all the protransers, figunners, rangers that I've partied with since the game came out.

What i'm saying, is that you guys are generalising. None of you obviously know how well a DB can be used.

Dude I think you have just have huge chip on your shoulder. Yes, a FG used effectively is a huge asset to the party, a good friend of mine happens to be one and he kicks ass. This does not however change the fact that a healthy number of noobs love that double saber and so give the good FG's a bad name. Of course there are noobs in every profession but I have to admit that I've run into more playing FG's than any other class.

Coxy
Mar 6, 2007, 11:08 PM
Guys and gals, stop bitching about which class is a noob class

There are NO noob classes, just noob players

Edit - I'd just like to say that as a fighgunner, I don't use traps, I do use a double saber and twin daggers, I also use a single saber with a handgun and as yet I've not bothered with mechguns purely because the way I play the game, I've never found myself in a position where I can't take down whatever is in front of me with that small selection of weapons.

just because a class has access to a weapon, it doesn't mean that you HAVE to use it. if someone wants to put 6 twin daggers on their pallet of whatever go for it, if they want to use a wider range, also cool. As long as they can play the game and don't act like an arse, why does it matter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coxy on 2007-03-06 20:15 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 11:08 PM
bwahha, i dont even hav TD and probably never will http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 11:09 PM
Yea and i've run into so many Fortefighters that are n00bs that I can't even begin to count.

You wanna know what I have to deal with with fortefighters? Here's a perfect example.

Bruce run, I run up to Vandas and use G trap to freeze them all in place, so that the force can run up with them all clumped together, and use their ice technique to finish them all off quickly. Ontop of that I run in the middle and behind them and use my 2nd Doublesaber PA and only the first two parts of it cycled, because it deals damage, and has no push back effect. I also make sure im positioned so that in the faint pushback that occurs, it pushes it more into the fortecher's tech range.

This is where the Fortefighters run up... and spam their PAs that cause knock back effect, sending the vandas scattering AWAY from the techer and across the room.

I see scenarios like this on a daily basis, so forgive me if it's hard for me to take anyone seriously, stating that Figunners are the n00bs, when i'm sitting back, and watching Fortefighters run into Bil de Vear's spinning attack to melee them, and refusing to use any PA's that place them into stunlock.

imfanboy
Mar 6, 2007, 11:13 PM
What I'M saying is that you're a moron, and haven't looked at my sig.

See that cast female in the lower left-hand corner? Black hair? Looks a bit angry? She's my figunner.

She's at level 55, class level 6. I've been playing her as a figunner since level 25. I've been using a double saber since she was 37/Fg3. I have both gravity dance and spiral dance over 21. I've been talking with my friends who HAVE tornado dance and comparing the damage output to spiral dance.

And n00bnado Dance comes up short in every regard. All it's good for is stunlocking a knockdown-immune enemy, and guess what? Spiral Dance does the same job, does it faster, and does more damage while doing it - plus, if you DO have to knock around smaller enemies, you can actually PICK AND CHOOSE which way they go.

Tornado dance is not a worthless ultimate PA, certainly not on the same level as the Card or the Handgun one. But just like Nosmegid (which deals more damage the lower your HP is) it sounds better than it is, and is only useful in highly specialized situations.

MY problem is that every n00bgunner is going to be spamming it, flying every which way, sending the enemies flying around, for no better reason than to say, "Whee! Look what I can do!" instead of THINKING ahead.

And yes, you're right, EVERY class has a higher percentage of idiots to good players; don't get me started on stupid fortetechers. But what with figunners making up something like 25-35% of the advanced class population, you see a lot MORE of the figunner morons, and now they have the ultimate moron PA to annoy the rest of us good players with.

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 11:14 PM
BAM see!!!

the second ppl want to compair things, ppl 1st mention Bruce!

HELLO! THERES SO MUCH MORE TO THIS GAME THAN BRUCE!!

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-03-06 20:14, Rashiid wrote:
HELLO! THERES SO MUCH MORE TO THIS GAME THAN BRUCE!!

No, there isn't

You're born, you do bruces, and you die.

Such is the circle of life.

Tsavo
Mar 6, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-03-06 20:09, Lonzell wrote:
Yea and i've run into so many Fortefighters that are n00bs that I can't even begin to count.

You wanna know what I have to deal with with fortefighters? Here's a perfect example.

Bruce run, I run up to Vandas and use G trap to freeze them all in place, so that the force can run up with them all clumped together, and use their ice technique to finish them all off quickly. Ontop of that I run in the middle and behind them and use my 2nd Doublesaber PA and only the first two parts of it cycled, because it deals damage, and has no push back effect. I also make sure im positioned so that in the faint pushback that occurs, it pushes it more into the fortecher's tech range.

This is where the Fortefighters run up... and spam their PAs that cause knock back effect, sending the vandas scattering AWAY from the techer and across the room.

I see scenarios like this on a daily basis, so forgive me if it's hard for me to take anyone seriously, stating that Figunners are the n00bs, when i'm sitting back, and watching Fortefighters run into Bil de Vear's spinning attack to melee them, and refusing to use any PA's that place them into stunlock.

-_-

Aye. nvm. Rant and rave all you like, I'm sure you have plenty of people to correct.

February
Mar 6, 2007, 11:19 PM
I dont know, I dont think it's fair to say that only "Newb" Fgs use Double Sabers. I love them, they took over Daggers as my favorite weapon. I usually carry 7 on me, along with at least 3 Claws and 4 guns. I fail to see how that makes me a "Newb". Then again, I won't use Tornado Dance unless Im soloing.

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 11:23 PM
That's just it. You are only talking from what you hear, not experience. I'm going to be realistic. Yes, damage output seems to do better damage wise.. but no, it isn't faster. Where the knock back occurs, is not instantanious with Spiral Dance. There is always enough room before you hit the best part of the PA, which is the 3rd animation, for you to get cancelled... where as the amount of time to get cancelled with tornado dance is imeansely reduced. This is where Tornado dance shines over spiral dance. It's more reliable in that aspect and pratical when placed into use.

What MY arguement is, is what I said above, and even showed an example of. Fortefighters i've been with are just retarded, and inexcusable.

Sekani
Mar 6, 2007, 11:33 PM
I think this is supposed to be the part where I chime in about how much of a non-noob Fighgunner I am, and give examples of all the lavish praise I've gotten from random strangers.

But instead, I'm gonna pledge to spam Tornado Dance as much as humanly possible in every mission on every mob I can find. Just because I hate you all.

JaiBlue
Mar 6, 2007, 11:40 PM
Well I'm all for FG's spamming PA's during a boss battle, I couldn't care less(hell, do whateveh that blows ya head back). But however it does piss me off when they are spamimmg PA's and knocking monsters out of my attack radius.

Lets do the math shall we?

-Noobs are attracted to the DS and It's PA's, not every FG is a noob. But for every 2 FG's that isn't a tornado spamming bish, there are at least 5 who are.

-So that that gives us and elite to noobs ratio of 2:5, so for every 2 elites there are 5 noobs who absolutly love to abuse the term "crowd control".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2007-03-06 20:41 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:41 PM
Hey, I saw a Fortetecher the other day who used only rods! Let's start a flame war over it!
</sarcasm>

Seriously though, SHUT THE HELL UP. I've seen Fortefighters who use only axes, Rangers who don't use bullets, People who know only 1 PA at level 30. I played with a Fortetecher who used ONLY BOWS. I was in a party where the leader would SIT DOWN at the start of each room and WATCH the rest of us. No one boots them just for existing, yet Fighgunner get kicked out of parties just for pulling out a freaking Double Saber. Yes, Fighgunner who use only only Double Sabers are n00bs, but so are all the other people I mentioned. They never get booted though. They never seem to spark flame wars like this. Only the Fighgunner.

I repeat.
Shut the hell up.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 6, 2007, 11:58 PM
LOL . . .wow.
this thread is just wow.
It sure seems like elitism when other players tell
other players how to play a certain class and that they must use a certain wep or item?

If a player does not like using a certain weapon it should not matter, but with
know-it-all elitists are saying "use this wep, if not your a noob! and I hate u! " is not productive and does no good to place such stringent conditions like a hardcore rules lawyer.

Recommend to a FG player that a single or duel guns would be helpful with flying boss, if there are 4 of them in the party *request* in a FRIENDLY manner that at least 2 of the FG to bring some guns for the flying boss.

A player shouldn't really demand it like a frakken Rules Cop. Other classes gan use a gun or two as well, so a FG shouldn't be "expected" to or demanded that they "use are gun or I will hate you and boot u." yeah real tactful, *not.*

I personally don't like any of the guns, I think they are boring. But if I use all my other weapons and traps and things with good skill it should not matter. Certain PA's can hit flying enemies. They do eventually come down to the ground, things are diff. if the mission is timed...

I've found that with a little patience and carefull tactics; twin daggers, twin sabers
*will* hit a flying boss as soon as they near the ground.

This aurgument is gotten way out-of-hand. Geez the elitism is as thick as fog in this thread.. *sigh*

February
Mar 6, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-03-06 20:40, JaiBlue wrote:
Well I'm all for FG's spamming PA's during a boss battle, I couldn't care less(hell, do whateveh that blows ya head back). But however it does piss me off when they are spamimmg PA's and knocking monsters out of my attack radius.

Lets do the math shall we?

-Noobs are attracted to the DS and It's PA's, not every FG is a noob. But for every 2 FG's that isn't a tornado spamming bish, there are at least 5 who are.

-So that that gives us and elite to noobs ratio of 2:5, so for every 2 elites there are 5 noobs who absolutly love to abuse the term "crowd control".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2007-03-06 20:41 ]</font>

Honestly, I try to only use the non-Knock back hits of my PAs except at bosses, unless someone is surrounded and needs the enemies cleared away.

That and once a week it becomes the cool thing to do around here to bash something. I guess it's us this week.

ShadowDragon28
Mar 7, 2007, 12:08 AM
In a team i do try to avoid the part of PA that blast an enemy across the room/area, but it's tough not to get carried away or make a mistake sometimes.

I don't even have 99 PA frags (only have 3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) even if I did, and if i did have TD I would use it effectively
and I would at least try to avoid blast-scattering enemies all over the place.

I'm at least aware of the others in the party that need to tag the enemies or
get their hts in with their weps or Techs.

The oblivious goofballs shouldnt be abusing the blast-n-scatter effect of
certain PA's , it simply being *inconsiderate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-03-06 21:09 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 7, 2007, 12:08 AM
On 2007-03-06 20:59, February wrote:
That and once a week it becomes the cool thing to do around here to bash something Fighgunners. I guess it's us this week.

Fixed that for ya. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 7, 2007, 12:10 AM
People act like Tornado Dance is easy to get now o.o;;

I donno i feel kinda hurt because i'm a FighGunner and a Human Male, (level 70/8) i don't use twinguns (just not my thing on that character) I don't use Double sabers (just not my thing) instead i'll use a mix of two twin sabers, a pair of fist (one item) and two saber+gun combo. (Well one gun one mechgun) I really didn't know about all this class hate. then again i didn't pay attention to it.

Jakosifer
Mar 7, 2007, 12:17 AM
We're among the most hated my friend. Sadly...

-Ryuki-
Mar 7, 2007, 01:06 AM
Did Lonzell just try to call me out?

For your information, the way I play a FiGunner is nearly the same, but different.
Granted, I use a DS and Dualies like everyone else, BUT, I do also use Xbows
and single-handed daggers. My palette looks a little something like this:

Double Saber
Double Saber
Twin Handguns
Twin Handguns
Crossbow+Dagger
Crossbow+Dagger
+Traps

Now tell me. When did I say fG's were noobs?
Is my set-up noobish to you?

imfanboy
Mar 7, 2007, 01:21 AM
you n00b Ryuki. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Everyone KNOWS that mechguns deal more damage than crossbows.

j/k.

But seriously, he seems to assume that just because we heap scorn on the figunners that we don't PLAY them, or know anything about them - and NOTHING could be further from the truth.

I play a figunner well, and it drives me mad to see other people doing it badly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-03-06 22:24 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Mar 7, 2007, 01:50 AM
On 2007-03-06 20:33, Sekani wrote:
But instead, I'm gonna pledge to spam Tornado Dance as much as humanly possible in every mission on every mob I can find. Just because I hate you all.

That's how I'm starting to feel now too. XD

XDeviousX
Mar 7, 2007, 01:50 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-06 22:50 ]</font>

XDeviousX
Mar 7, 2007, 01:53 AM
Sorry, not sure how my other post won't show up, but it costs 99 PA frags to get Tornado Dance, 90k for an npc non elemental double saber, and a good atp to use it. That is a lot of work and effort for a "nOOb" player class and PA... Also and I want to make this clear

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THIS GAME HAS SPAMMED A NEW PA TO BUILD LEVELS!!!! Not one of you is innocent of this and I see people abusing all the new ultimate PAs. I worked my A$$ off to get Tornado Dance and I spammed it on a few missions myself, but on moatoob against Bils and Large enemies. I backed off once it hit level 11 and that happens pretty quick. the reason it is noticible that fighgunners are spamming TD is it cost 99 Frags!!! Most people didn't have that many frags and they are just now getting TD while most of you have already gotten and spammed your PAs...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-06 22:57 ]</font>

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 02:00 AM
On 2007-03-06 22:53, XDeviousX wrote:

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THIS GAME HAS SPAMMED A NEW PA TO BUILD LEVELS!!!!
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-03-06 22:57 ]</font>

I'm not gonna deny it when I first got gravity strike I spammed the hell out of that move. And when I got bogga danga to level 17 did the same thing.

-Ryuki-
Mar 7, 2007, 02:18 AM
If you're going to lvl PA's, in terms of actually grinding them, do them in missions that allow that.
If people are trying to do other things and you're messing up their games by throwing monsters
everywhere just so YOU can get your PA levels, then there's something wrong.

XDeviousX
Mar 7, 2007, 02:37 AM
On 2007-03-06 23:18, RyukiZero wrote:
If you're going to lvl PA's, in terms of actually grinding them, do them in missions that allow that.
If people are trying to do other things and you're messing up their games by throwing monsters
everywhere just so YOU can get your PA levels, then there's something wrong.

I know when tornado break, gravity strike, twin dark, etc. was added to the online you couldn't go into a mission without people spamming every PA they owned, from fortefighter to Wartecher, and when the UPAs were released I watched as every fortetecher used Nos Diga and Megid , and People abused twin daggers, and I couldn't even hit anything except bosses and big enemies. Now everyone is complaining about people spamming TD? Anyone with a UPA has worked hard to get it and build their character up to get it. It takes time, effort, and dedication to spam an s run 99 times and get an s rank on it just to get a UPA and have people bi*ch about it. I know for a fact I've seen more players spam diga, Hishou Jinren-zan, Nos Diga, Anga Redda, and Ramegid way more then Tornado Dance. How many players actually have TD anyways? It's cost would suggest not to many as most fighgunners I know spent their Frags on Hishou Jinren-zan... (Yo-Yo daggers for those that didn't know"

Mio
Mar 7, 2007, 02:50 AM
I want to throw my two cents.

First, to who says Rangers are the easiest class to play, you may say that to the ones that play this class like your double saber only melee. I'll not go off topic explaining you my opinion on this.

Second, my main job is ForteGunner, wanting to have a melee Alt job i was unsure about ForteFighter, FiGhunner and Protranser. At the end i Chose Fighunner, wanting to play it "differently". In fact I use my fighunner more for her ranger part, with a melee "support" when needed. Due to the high quantity of bullets arts, I chose to limit myself to only 2 melee weapons and 4 photon arts.

I had to chose between double sabers and twin daggers for damage. I ended chosing double saber, because I tought they could serve Renkai job with Gravity and be also a big multitarget mob killer with Tornado Dance ( So 2 job with only 1 weapon ). The second weapon I chose was the Twin Sabers, due to wanting a knockup/back PA for when is needed, rising rising crush and splendor crush. So yeah I have only 2 kind of melee weapons in my palette. But my palette also features 1 elemental twins, 1 mayalee twins, 1 elemental mechgun.

I dont use all the traps, I just use Damage and Fire..

Honey_Bot
Mar 7, 2007, 04:38 AM
all i can say is this

1) get buffed by one of the best fortetechers around
2) use tornado dance to knock down large bosses so that the best fortegunner can status the hell out of em
3) while the before mentioned fortetecher is punishing ollaka with his ice(not a force sorry lol) i use gravity dance to continue the punishment
4) while the best fortefighter around is dealing serious damage i can play support with my dual handguns
5) and all the while in between i use duals,del dejabaner, asami zashi, jitseen, machine gun... i think you get the point oh yes before i forget i also use the most excellent Double Sabers

its a great class just not all fighgunners are great

Freshellent
Mar 7, 2007, 05:19 AM
I was a noob when I started. I'm still a noob to this day. I think if everyone played forces people would complain that they are too overpowered or something. The point of all this is no matter what class it is,if it's popular than it's gonna get flamed for whatever reason.

I understand it's irratating that you got fools using Tornado Dance/Psycho Crusher all over the place,but it's really a matter of comunication. Tell people nicely you'd preffer if they wouldn't bust up the mobs,etc.

To be honest,I have yet to see someone complain about me,but then again,the only time I've even heard of people bitching is here. No one's said anything to me in party or anywhere else for that matter. If I'm doing something to piss off the party I'd like to fix it. Feel free to let me know. Once again,if someone doesn't communicate then I/anyone won't know. Posting on a forum won't help. (bumping a thread won't help either but whatever I can be a hypocrite)

One thing is for sure,I'm really gonna keep in mind what upsets you people about Fg's I really plan to take things into consideration. After all it, can only improve what I'm already doing.

>.>

_Deliverance_
Mar 7, 2007, 12:01 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:07, Lonzell wrote:
Actually all the fighgunners I see are using spears, and twin daggers, and guns. Fortefighters are still the n00b class. It's the cookiecutter, and anything that is considered cookiecutter that deals out the most damage, that is what n00bs are automatically attracted to. its like that in any videogame.

In the name of Jesus, I deem you to be: bereft of intelligence.

Good day.

Synch
Mar 7, 2007, 12:13 PM
I have to agree with Kimil, I know more FighGunners than any other class and none of them play it that well, even those that are maxed out.

Where the heavy duty meleeing is concerned:
ForteFighter > FighGunner

Sylpheed
Mar 7, 2007, 12:50 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:59, Jakomay_07 wrote:

On 2007-03-06 18:55, Rashiid wrote:

Same here, I only occasionally use it to travel faster via tornado dance. >_>

And I seriously disagree with Fighgunner being the n00b class. That easily goes to the ForteFighters. Seriously, start out as a hunter, play for a while, get hunter to level 10, become even more powerful and gain the use of Axes...Now to become a Fighgunner you at least have to switch and be a Ranger for a while. Theres SOME kind of dedication when it comes to that, whether its for n00bish intentions or not, that cant be ignored.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-03-06 20:03 ]</font>

Yes cause getting one job to level 10 is SO much easier than getting one to 5 then (or dear god having to SWITCH ure job) and getting another LEVEL 1 job to 3 yup so hard that is....

Kinfante
Mar 7, 2007, 01:11 PM
this topic sux. every class is a n"00"b calss!

Esufer
Mar 7, 2007, 01:52 PM
Did you really need to say rape 842 times in the first post?

Niered
Mar 7, 2007, 01:56 PM
So, after going through this Ive come to the one and only obvious conclusion:

FighGunners, on the whole, are a bunch of one-faceted thinkers that will make up any amount of bullshyt to disprove this notion. Lonzell's entire "I never see any fighgunners using double sabers" is quite possibly, the biggest load of BS ive ever heard on these forums.

And even the FighGunners on here that could be good seem to do nothing but try and defend the idiotic ones. Give it up! Just because theyre the same class as you doesnt mean you cant chastise them for gods sake.

Im a fortegunner, I see plenty of stupid fortegunners that refuse to use Burn on dark enemies, or infect on fire enemies. Just because Im one of them doesnt mean that Im not going to tell them theyre strategy is retarded.

So I have a suggestion. Why dont you figunners actually try (this is a really novel idea here) LISTENING to the rest of the community?! This thread is for your benefit. Not for your downfall GODDAMNIT. We see a buncha people playing the game in ways that noone likes, and we point it out.

You guys cant point out your problems, thats like asking a writer to critique there own books. You need an unbiased outside source. Geuss what? Were the closest thing. Those of us who have never played as a fighgunner are completely unbiased towards this class in terms of play style.

ALSO, to the absolutely BRAIN DEAD moron that posted getting to fortefighter is as easy as getting to fighgunner, heres the gahdamn math.

Fortefighter= Lv 10 hunter, or 1000 MP.

Fighgunner= Lv 5 Hunter, Lv 3 Ranger, OR 440 MP

Thats over double the difference. And if you even so much as UTTER Bruces dungeon I hope you get flamed to Algol and back. Not everyone in this game is going to sacrifice fun for doing endless runs of the same area for 5 days straight.

So in essence, your all just making us hate you more. Take a step back, listen, cool down, and think about it.

And stop defending the idiots in your class that truly are retarded. GahdDAMMIT.

Dhylec
Mar 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
I think everyone pretty much said what they want. This topic is just isn't getting any better.
I just wanna say, play what you like. It's not the classes or the weapons, it's the person behind.