PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or are there not that many Fortetechers? (on

Fulgore
Mar 6, 2007, 10:23 PM
I was just realizing this the other day. Every party I have ever joined has had no more than 3 Fortetechers. Granted that is half the party but that is very rare to get 3 in a party, usually I am the only 1 or their is someone else and we have the usual discussion "who's gonna buff then?" LOL, that is so hilarious cuz usually my buffs are higher but they demand they are the buffers so I just buff myself and let them do their thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Anyone familiar with the, "Gather on me for Buffs" or similar? haha, I just start buffing and if people come over I buff them too, even if I already buffed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Anyways, just noticed that, wondering if anyone else did too.

Fulgore
Mar 6, 2007, 10:25 PM
Oh, and how do I know mine are higher you ask?

The size of the Buff rings of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Mine is usually bigger http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif hehe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fulgore on 2007-03-06 19:25 ]</font>

Rashiid
Mar 6, 2007, 10:26 PM
on Sha`raun, our party did Dulk Fakis S, and i was the only non-fortetecher >.>

on Kandii, i try not to join parties w/o atleast 1 other force, so all the supports not on my shoulders

Kimil
Mar 6, 2007, 10:27 PM
Well... I'd saw they a very Common on th ps2/pc Servers

Most common to least:
Figunners
Fortefighters
Fortetechers
Wartechers
Guntechers
Fortegunners
Protransers

(From my experiences)

Need a Fortetecher and quick meseta? Join the PS2/PC servers today!

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 6, 2007, 10:29 PM
PC version has a bunch of us, but when I start playing as the only Techer in the group, I go on overdrive and monitor everyone's Health, status, location, and the enemies that are in our way.

You can tell that when there's more than 1 fortetecher in a group, the fortetechers are happy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Umberger
I don't know, but it seems all I see are Fortetechers, Fighgunners and Fortefighters.

Lonzell
There are a lot of fortetechers. IT's just that they know you need them, so hide from you, and stick to their own cliques.

VanHalen
Mar 6, 2007, 10:31 PM
I always saw on PC/PS2

Fighgunners
Fortetechers
Fortefighters

Dragon_Knight
Mar 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
Yea on PC/PS2 fighter/gunner/techer are about all you see. I could easy imagine 360 filled mostly with fortegunners and fortefighters

Fulgore
Mar 6, 2007, 10:34 PM
Interesting. Maybe it is because I usually play in the early morning hours in groups? Well thanks for the input everyone, it definately seems like their is a lot more Fortetechers than I thought.

McLaughlin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-03-06 19:34, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Yea on PC/PS2 fighter/gunner/techer are about all you see. I could easy imagine 360 filled mostly with fortegunners and fortefighters

Why's that?

Most of the parties I'm in have at least 2, with another Gun/Wartecher or two. The others are usually Fighgunner or Fortefighter. Though I'm seeing more Protransers all the time.

Only time I DON'T see more than one Fortetecher is when it's just me and Sychosis.

amtalx
Mar 6, 2007, 11:42 PM
Ive noticed that parties are always looking for a techer on 360. As soon as I get mine to a decent level ill be glad to fill that spot http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 11:43 PM
I swear, if somebody brings anything about fighgunners and double sabers into this topic I will pimp smack them.

That said, fortetechers are fairly common enough on the 360, atleast to me.

Lman90245
Mar 7, 2007, 12:37 AM
<---- is a 360 techer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

SAtaarcoeny
Mar 7, 2007, 05:28 AM
i think if ur a good force u shouldnt want more then 1 in the prty

Midicronica
Mar 7, 2007, 06:43 AM
360 ForteTecher here. There are plenty of FT on the 360 version. What you don't see much of are the force hybrid classes. GunTecher/WarTecher. Aside from those ForteGunners seem to be the next oddity around when it comes to classes. Protransers are obviously rare, although I've been seeing a few people making a switch to them lately.

fT, FF, and fG are the least rare of them all.

Damn, not being able to sleep.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Zorafim
Mar 7, 2007, 06:51 AM
All the ranged classes as well as protranser seem to be really rare on the PC server. I can normally get at least a wartecher in a group, but I can never find anyone to get rid of ranged enemies. I guess that's why fortetechers have lv30 bullets...

omegapirate2k
Mar 7, 2007, 08:39 AM
On 2007-03-07 02:28, SAtaarcoeny wrote:

Actually, that's not true, I've partied with multiple techers at once and not only does it pretty much guarantee you'll always be alive, but you'll also be buffed most of the time and the enemies will be debuffed all the time, assuming SOMEBODY in the party has buffing/debuffing spells (Which many do)

And lets not forget multiple fortetechers using dambarta = ownage XD

Sychosis
Mar 7, 2007, 09:18 AM

Most of my friends are Fortetechers. So I'll have as many in my party as I damn well please.

SAtaarcoeny
Mar 7, 2007, 09:39 AM
y do u think dambarta is good my rabarta with my har quick cast at the exact same speed but doesnt leave meright next to thr enemy and it does 170 more damage also if one force cant keep everyone alive well then he should become a protranser also if u can kill a monster in a quicker time than u would have been able to cast debuff than u should just cast an attack debuff r only good on large creatures that take more than 4 sec to kill

omegapirate2k
Mar 7, 2007, 09:43 AM
On 2007-03-07 06:39, SAtaarcoeny wrote:
y do u think dambarta is good my rabarta with my har quick cast at the exact same speed but doesnt leave meright next to thr enemy and it does 170 more damage also if one force cant keep everyone alive well then he should become a protranser also if u can kill a monster in a quicker time than u would have been able to cast debuff than u should just cast an attack debuff r only good on large creatures that take more than 4 sec to kill

Dambarta is good because it can freeze enemies as well as dealing shitloads of damage per second.

Debuffs are amazing on most S rank missions because pretty much all the enemies (with the exception of ageetas and such) take more than 4 seconds to kill...

RedX
Mar 7, 2007, 10:00 AM
cant keep everyone alive well then he should become a protranser

What are you implying? That only people that are bad at the game are PT's?

omegapirate2k
Mar 7, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-03-07 07:00, RedX wrote:

cant keep everyone alive well then he should become a protranser

What are you implying? That only people that are bad at the game are PT's?

Nobody knows what he's implying, guy.

MayLee
Mar 7, 2007, 10:29 AM
I'm going to be a Fortetecher again. I don't think the population of them is small at all. I come across them all the time.

Ryno
Mar 7, 2007, 10:37 AM
support Fortetechers always has Giresta ... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/x_RYNO_x/Giresta1-1.jpg

omegapirate2k
Mar 7, 2007, 10:37 AM
On 2007-03-07 07:29, MayLee wrote:
I'm going to be a Fortetecher again. I don't think the population of them is small at all. I come across them all the time.

What if fortetechers don't get whips?

You still have time to re-think your career choice.

JAFO22000
Mar 7, 2007, 10:43 AM
We Fortetechers are usually very cautious about whom we party with. I can't tell you how many messages I get WHILE I'M IN A MISSION which are similar to:

"Need a healer".
"Doing Bruce's B. Need FT."
"Can you come and heal us?"

It gets to a point where I just start ignoring it.

Note:
If you are in a give finder mission, you are unlikely to attract a Fortetecher.
If you spread enemies around with wild abandon, you are unlikely to attract a FT.
If you run ahead of the "pack" and don't wait for buffs, you are unlikely to attract a FT.
If you think that you can just stand in front of a Vanda while he's spewing damfoie at you and expect to get healed, you are unlikely to attract a FT.

There are many things about others playstyles that will dissuade us from playing with them. After you see that 90% of the players don't care, you stop joining PuG's and start soloing or hanging out with the few 10%ers who know how to play the game.

BTW, in my experience, 80% of FT's on the 360 are garbage. The won't buff you, won't debuff, won't heal, won't clear statuses.

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 11:06 AM
I actually went back to my fortefighter because of the numbers of fortetechers. Trying to run Bruce without a melee fighter is a bit strategic. Also i got tired of people bitching because I would heal the team before they did or that i would yell at another force for debuffing the team aka use lv1-10 buffs after I casted lv21+ buffs. But there are a great number of fortetechers out there, you just have to know where they are. A good number hang around Bruce's and others are around the Raffron Field base. The only other reason I stopped being a fortetecher is the amount of people who somehow take so much damage in one hit, then run around as i try to heal them(I just let them die cause i have the rest of the team to look after. I'm not running back to the begining of the block to heal one guy when the rest needs me to recast buffs, debuffs, resta, and reverser.) Plus i miss being a meat shield.

Synch
Mar 7, 2007, 12:19 PM
Interesting, I play with a Lv70 ForteTecher 10 most days, her buffs are all over Lv21 which really helps. Most of the time when I'm checking people in lobbies they'll be either FighGunner or ForteTecher but then I guess its down to which Universe you play on most (I tend to stay away from the over populated Universes).

CyarVictor, you've put Minerva Steiner to rest for now? I used to keep running into you on Uni 29 outside the Guardian's Branch in Dagora, I guess you've just decided to do that recently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Synch on 2007-03-07 09:24 ]</font>

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 12:24 PM
Uni1 has a good number of techers trying to get into parties. It's hard to find a decent melee fighter than any techers.

MayLee
Mar 7, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-03-07 07:37, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-03-07 07:29, MayLee wrote:

What if fortetechers don't get whips?

You still have time to re-think your career choice.

If FT don't get whips I'll go straight to ST whith a whip of my own. >=(

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 01:31 PM
That and her cooking... I mean Maya's cooking.

McLaughlin
Mar 7, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-03-07 07:43, JAFO22000 wrote:
BTW, in my experience, 80% of FT's on the 360 are garbage. The won't buff you, won't debuff, won't heal, won't clear statuses.

Thank god I know the 20% who own.

Ami~
Mar 7, 2007, 03:34 PM
In the last few random parties I joined, i've seen quite a few fortegunners and fighgunners in them and i'm almost usually the only fortetecher, so I get to buff, heal and nuke, which is fine since I feel more useful and it's a real rush having people depend on you! And I usually join random parties when my friends aren't on, but most of the time i'm almost always partying with friends. ^o^

FIRST POST FTW!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ami_ on 2007-03-07 12:36 ]</font>

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-03-07 12:34, Ami_ wrote:
In the last few random parties I joined, i've seen quite a few fortegunners and fighgunners in them and i'm almost usually the only fortetecher, so I get to buff, heal and nuke, which is fine since I feel more useful and it's a real rush having people depend on you! And I usually join random parties when my friends aren't on, but most of the time i'm almost always partying with friends. ^o^

FIRST POST FTW!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ami_ on 2007-03-07 12:36 ]</font>

Congrats and welcome to the forums Ami <3 hope you have fun here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ami~
Mar 7, 2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks, and I believe I will. ^o^

Vamprika
Apr 8, 2007, 04:07 AM

I agree!

Vamprika
Apr 8, 2007, 04:08 AM
<<<<< Lilith / LVL 60 NEWMAN FORTETECHER..

always up for runs!

Thrash777
Apr 8, 2007, 04:28 AM
In my experience, 1 in every 4 people are a fT... and 1 in every 2 has a 'techer on another character.