PDA

View Full Version : I'm not a Noobgunner.

McLaughlin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:29 PM
Just felt like putting that out there. I only have one Double Saber and I don't have Tornado Dance. I heal myself before the force can on most occasions. I don't die. If I do (which I don't) I have a plethora of Scape Dolls to cover me.

*Assumes the position*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-03-06 20:30 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 11:30 PM
.... Damn if I do what I want to do right now i'd get banned.

McLaughlin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:31 PM
Again? Going for a record?

Lonzell
Mar 6, 2007, 11:32 PM
*grin* Touche.

McLaughlin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:34 PM
I...haven't been shot yet?

*Checks self for holes*

Sekani
Mar 6, 2007, 11:36 PM
I think Luvia tried to hit you with her SUV, but missed. Again.

McLaughlin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:39 PM
XD

Sekani: 1
Luvia: 0

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 11:40 PM
XD this makes 4, (count em) 4 topics that are about noobish fighgunners now.

Lyrix
Mar 6, 2007, 11:43 PM
Why does everyone hate us, it make me sad ;.; I, too, only have 1 double saber, and i dont even use it that often, only when it's needed. I use my dagger and mechgun the most >.<

Kaydin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:44 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/TheKadster/inbeforethelock.gif

McLaughlin
Mar 6, 2007, 11:53 PM
If this gets locked before the others I quit.

I use my 50% Fire Durandal FAR more often then my 20% Ice Double Saber.

omegapirate2k
Mar 6, 2007, 11:54 PM
You and your Durandals...

Sekani
Mar 6, 2007, 11:56 PM
4 out of 5 noob fighgunners play on PC/PS2. True story.

Phantomface
Mar 6, 2007, 11:59 PM
noob fighgunner? what is this new term you speak of?? how could fighunners POSSIBLY be noobish?

omegapirate2k
Mar 7, 2007, 12:00 AM
On 2007-03-06 20:59, Phantomface wrote:
how could fighunners POSSIBLY be noobish?

*whispers something about 12 year olds*

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 12:03 AM
On 2007-03-06 20:44, Kadan wrote:

i lol'd

Kaydin
Mar 7, 2007, 12:10 AM
Anyone else reminded of all the crap back in the PSO days about how HUmars with spikey hair were n00bs?

Jakosifer
Mar 7, 2007, 12:15 AM
>_____>;;

We Fighgunners are possibly the most hated class in the game right now...And it sucks when I join a party and get interigated "Do you have Tornado Dance? If so ONLY use it during boss fights"...For one, I don't want someone telling me how to play when THEY invite me, two, If I was even going to bother USING the NightWalker I had, it'd be to travel faster via n00bado dance...Damn the hostility against Fighgunners is ridiculous.

omegapirate2k
Mar 7, 2007, 12:16 AM
It's a good thing your a twin pistol master then, isn't it?

Lyrix
Mar 7, 2007, 12:18 AM
People suck if you ask me. I accept all classes, my best friend jumps between classes every week.

Jakosifer
Mar 7, 2007, 12:20 AM
On 2007-03-06 21:16, omegapirate2k wrote:
It's a good thing your a twin pistol master then, isn't it?

Twin Saber/Dagger/Pistol MASTER INDEED ;;>_>

ShadowDragon28
Mar 7, 2007, 12:29 AM
I'm a RL human male playing a *fictional* Human Male player-character avatar
with the Expert class "FighGunner" or what I like to call a "Fighter-Grinder" and I play the class with skill, quickness and good focus and I know what I'm doing.

Being a PSO vet and having logged 400~600 hrs on PSU im definately not any kind of frakin "noob."

Lyrix
Mar 7, 2007, 12:37 AM
well, i cant say 400-600 hours, but i got 222 hours on my figh, im pretty sure i know what im doing, no ones complained yet >.<

Jakosifer
Mar 7, 2007, 12:39 AM
I have 300 hours on my Fighgunner, I was a Fortefighter for about 20 minutes though =

I prefer Fighgunners versatility over a Fortefighters/or any other classes anyday.

Midicronica
Mar 7, 2007, 12:43 AM
On 2007-03-06 20:44, Kadan wrote:

I think I almost died laughing.

BahnKnakyu
Mar 7, 2007, 12:48 AM
(Edit: *sees other thread*. Nevermind.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BahnKnakyu on 2007-03-06 21:50 ]</font>

Criss
Mar 7, 2007, 12:51 AM
This is stupid. That's the kind of behavior that just ruins the fun. People who just started playing PSU and haven't tried the offline modes to get familiar with the game could be called noobs. Not people who chose to play a certain class differently than the mindless masses.

When someone joins a party, I don't even look or care what class they are. All I care about is if they know what they're doing, and if they're fun to play with. I applaud anyone who actually tries to be different, to experiment with things, and do what they want to do their own way. Dim-witted people who can't appreciate originality and blame or reject people for not doing things like others are the noobs, and are the only ones deserving of getting kicked out of any party.

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 01:48 AM
Actually don't worry about this too much Fighgunners. From when this game came out alot of classes have had their turn of being picked on. First Sega picked on the rangers with an update that "rebalanced them" causing people to joke on them. Then the hunters for being rude to other party members and complaining about forces. Then the forces for complaining about the hunters and not healing people. When expert classes came out the protranser was the biggest joke of them all. Then I guide was writting and now people kiss their feet. Then the hybrid techers for not having level 30 techniques as their fortetecher friends. The fortetechers were called elitist. And I think there was a fortefighter problem and now it's you guys. Eventually everyone will stop picking on you and go on to another class.

omegapirate2k
Mar 7, 2007, 10:44 AM
On 2007-03-06 22:48, VanHalen wrote:
Actually don't worry about this too much Fighgunners. From when this game came out alot of classes have had their turn of being picked on. First Sega picked on the rangers with an update that "rebalanced them" causing people to joke on them. Then the hunters for being rude to other party members and complaining about forces. Then the forces for complaining about the hunters and not healing people. When expert classes came out the protranser was the biggest joke of them all. Then I guide was writting and now people kiss their feet. Then the hybrid techers for not having level 30 techniques as their fortetecher friends. The fortetechers were called elitist. And I think there was a fortefighter problem and now it's you guys. Eventually everyone will stop picking on you and go on to another class.

We're running out of classes.

*looks over at fortegunners*

Sorry, guys...

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
Most refer to Figunners as a noobish class because the majority who play it are noobs. Some reason the double saber attracts them like ants to a pinic and then they think they are the shit till they die from running straight into a spinning Bil De Vear or Vanda flamethrower. The Figunner is not a bad class, it does have three great weapons: twin saber, twin dagger, and twin pistol. The double saber just from using it, sorta lacks power/speed/accuracy. Any class can be great, any class can be horrible. It really comes down to the eprson behind the class.

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 10:59 AM
We need some new topics to talk about _-_ I'm running out of good topics to talk about myself... *thinks of one that may be interesting* By the way I'm a noob fighgunner no one ever invite me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It'll spell DOOM for the party.

Turambar
Mar 7, 2007, 11:04 AM
Fortegunners are rangers with with a laser cannon and a launcher. We already got our turn >.>

CyarVictor
Mar 7, 2007, 11:11 AM
Hunter first, ranger second. They are about dps. The only annoying part of the class is the evasion. >.< It keeps interrupting PA's even as a cast figunner.

Neith
Mar 7, 2007, 11:47 AM
lol, Fighgunners *runs back to Fortefighter cave* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Being fair, most Fighgunners aren't n00bs. The ones I do have a problem with are ones that only use Double Sabers, and spam Tornado Dance like they HAVE to fill a daily quota. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

You DO have other weapon choices for a reason, if you use them then I have no inherent problem.

Sychosis
Mar 7, 2007, 11:49 AM
I'm not a Noobgunner.

Yes you are.

You are also a NoobJannLee.

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-03-07 08:47, UrikoBB3 wrote:
The ones I do have a problem with are ones that only use Double Sabers, and spam Tornado Dance like they HAVE to fill a daily quota. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

lmao yea, thank god I haven't run into anyone spamming that yet, except my sis. When she was doing it though she said I'm sorry sis am I making it hard to hit them? I replied no because I was lvling my crossbow anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sychosis
Mar 7, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-03-07 08:51, -Rune- wrote:
lmao yea, thank god I haven't run into anyone spamming that yet, except my sis. When she was doing it though she said I'm sorry sis am I making it hard to hit them? I replied no because I was lvling my crossbow anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Is she hot?

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 12:00 PM
She's part of our sexy trio group, so very much so. And very much taken xD

Kaydin
Mar 7, 2007, 12:01 PM
A good friend of mine spammed Tornado Dance until level 30. I was ready to shove that Double Saber down his throat. >.< If he were anyone else, I would have. XD

We had a lot of people leave those frag runs... I wonder why?

Edit: I can't type today. It's too early (11am). v.v

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-07 09:01 ]</font>

Sychosis
Mar 7, 2007, 12:02 PM
On 2007-03-07 09:00, -Rune- wrote:
She's part of our sexy trio group, so very much so.

Excellent.

And very much taken xD

That's never stopped me before.

eightball
Mar 7, 2007, 01:48 PM
i must agree...i do have double sabers however i only usually use them in groups of beasts or larger ones with multiple targets...i love my dual pistols as well as mech gun dagger combo...and just recently made a pair of knuckles because the first chain of its ultimate pa reminds me of fist of the north star haha

Shiro_Ryuu
Mar 7, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-03-06 20:53, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

yeah, too bad that the majority of enemies in this game are fire enemies, while most ice enemies are weak. hopefully we can do that ice mission in moatoob that has all ice enemies online.

Ravennittes
Mar 7, 2007, 02:43 PM
I wish people would stop hating on whatever class gets something that forces them to change their playing style. As a Fprtetecher, I feel that Tornado Dance isn't bad if used correctly (ie. saving my ass on HIVE runs, where it should be spammed at all costs). I don't really have to worry 'bout hitting stuff 'cause I have a nosu-tech at my disposal which can hit stuff no matter how far they decie to go flying. So in my oppinion, this hate is unjustified.

McLaughlin
Mar 7, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-03-07 11:15, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2007-03-06 20:53, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

yeah, too bad that the majority of enemies in this game are fire enemies, while most ice enemies are weak. hopefully we can do that ice mission in moatoob that has all ice enemies online.

Except I have other Ice weapons which I find are situationally more attractive than my Double Saber most of the time. It's basically there for killing the big crap that the second part of Sprial Dance won't send flying.

And yes Sychosis, I know I owned you with Jann Lee. I'll work on getting more Double Sabers too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DavidNel
Mar 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
For my input...

I'm a figunner, and what's wrong with spamming tornado dance? The regular attacks are way to slow, and spinning around in a circle hitting four enemies seems like an alright thing to me! Anyway, I usually use my double saber onlt when a pack of pannons (sp?) come out. I am usually using my combo of crossbow and saber (both ice, because I can).

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:24 PM
On 2007-03-07 09:02, Sychosis wrote:
Excellent.

And very much taken xD

Alright I'll tell her right away, but you two will have to have a child between servers ;_; that child will grow up hated by both servers xD

Rashiid
Mar 7, 2007, 04:29 PM
i see no point in arguing, nobody is gonna stop Figunnaz from using TD.

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-03-07 13:40, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
Tornado Dance-dashers do get annoying... I mean, hey, what about us Fortefighters??? we not good enough, so you leave us behind in a spiraling gust of wind???

I lol'd

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 7, 2007, 04:40 PM
Tornado Dance-dashers do get annoying... I mean, hey, what about us Fortefighters??? we not good enough, so you leave us behind in a spiraling gust of wind???

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-03-07 13:40, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-03-07 13:40, Garanz-Baranz wrote:

I lol'd

I got depressed guess we aren't cool enough to hang with the fighgunners http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:47 PM
Lol yea after S ranking missions we sit in Gawik's Pub and drink at fighgunner only tables. We all share Tornado Dance and superan stories with one another. xD

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 04:51 PM
That's even more depressing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif *sits at the broken Fortefighter table, you guys all know the one that has the dented chairs and wobbly table*

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 04:53 PM
Awwr *pat pat* lets have a drink later at Gawik's if yer on my treat! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Rune- on 2007-03-07 13:56 ]</font>

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 04:56 PM
Sure! Wait is this a trap?

HerdsmanOfYrr
I dont understand the point of a figun not using the doublesaber. If you arent going to use the weapon that only that class can use why be that class. thats almost like having a fortefighter with out an axe. the only difference being somepeople wont use the axe because of how slow it is. My bro is a fig and he runs around with 4 nightwalkers and two twin guns a weapon of every element. I run around with 4 axes and two handgun dagger combos again a wep of every element. I do three or four times the damage he does. I've never had an issue with not getting hits in or kills. As far as getting left behind in a trail of dust...if that happens i just play leap frog and move on to the next room while he is finishing off one. I have no problem with single weapon characters and team mates. My bro and I have S ranked S missions just the two of us many times before and will do many times in the future and usually with out dieing too.

-Rune-
Nah I wouldn't do that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
Ok then. And people say all fighgunners are bullies

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-03-07 13:56, HerdsmanOfYrr wrote:
I dont understand the point of a figun not using the doublesaber. If you arent going to use the weapon that only that class can use why be that class. thats almost like having a fortefighter with out an axe. the only difference being somepeople wont use the axe because of how slow it is. My bro is a fig and he runs around with 4 nightwalkers and two twin guns a weapon of every element. I run around with 4 axes and two handgun dagger combos again a wep of every element. I do three or four times the damage he does. I've never had an issue with not getting hits in or kills. As far as getting left behind in a trail of dust...if that happens i just play leap frog and move on to the next room while he is finishing off one. I have no problem with single weapon characters and team mates. My bro and I have S ranked S missions just the two of us many times before and will do many times in the future and usually with out dieing too.

but you can use more than that double saber... so why not use ALL the weapons in your arsenal... it leaves you more braced for different situations. Plus it's boring to use just one weapon. I use double saber just like others but there's a difference between use and ABuse. If it's obvious people are being "turned off" by a weapon why not just tone it downa bit <.<; after all it IS a party.

Sychosis
Mar 7, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-03-07 13:24, -Rune- wrote:

On 2007-03-07 09:02, Sychosis wrote:
Excellent.

And very much taken xD

Alright I'll tell her right away, but you two will have to have a child between servers ;_; that child will grow up hated by both servers xD

A bastard child eh? Sounds hot.

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 05:17 PM
Lmao it'd be.... interesting...
A.K.A. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bondage.gif