PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the pain (Incapacitation lv4 fun x_x)

Jey
Mar 7, 2007, 02:01 AM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/killshot21.jpg

Haven't had time to play with it (zomg 48pp a shot for guntecher) But man. That took forever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jey on 2007-03-07 02:06 ]</font>

Scion
Mar 7, 2007, 02:06 AM
Congrats man!!! When you do get the time, tell us how effective it is. I bet most of us are dying to know (even me, and I don't use rifles xD).

Retehi
Mar 7, 2007, 02:10 AM
Yes, please tell us how it is against hordes of regular stuff like Go Vahras and such. Tired of "omg only use on robots".

Jey
Mar 7, 2007, 05:04 AM
Played around with it a little more. Only one run's worth of numbers before I just have to pass out.

Kills on 20 endurance mobs are really erratic. I counted 20 hits per mob before stopped counting and just killed them (to negate killing them by damage instead of letting the SE kill)

In Mad Creatures S, Go-Vahra took 3-43 hits to kill, average 14, very variable. Distova were a similarly erratic, 3-34 hits.

Polties on the other hand...
1 3 3 4 2 13 7 8 3 1 9 11 24 3 2 2 8 9 11 7 6
Taking out highest and lowest and averaging, roughly 6 shots to kill. Tankbots have the same endurance as polties supposedly?

I need more numbers, but considering this is 48pp a shot for me (38 for fG) it's still definately more of a tankbot-killer. It's still too erratic on anything with higher endurance, but considering it takes like 3 seconds to fire 6 rifle rounds, sounds great for robots.

Turambar
Mar 7, 2007, 11:09 AM
I can't start to imagine how long that took you x_x. Havn't had time to play PSU lately and mine is still lv 3

Kuya
Mar 7, 2007, 11:17 AM
Well, it takes FOREVER XD I haven't played nearly as long as Jey (I'm sure just by char levels) but I've got mine at 17/89% right now. I will have you soon enough 21!

ChyronType0
Mar 7, 2007, 11:31 AM
Just hit lvl 29 should have lvl 30 in 4-5 hrs. Lvling this bullet is very slow. But I can now solo endrum remnants with no problems. It works pretty good on the weaker creatures too (pannons, ageetas, lapuchas).

Sychosis
Mar 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
It's taken me about 12 hours to get Megid to 11...

T_T

-Rune-
Mar 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
lvl.... 29... o_o;;; geez.. I haven't even lvled my single claw to 11 yet ._. God I must be a slacker.... been working everyday after the update so can only play like 2 hours during night. u_u Hey look a pay check >_> rawkin nevermind I'll level my claw later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kuya
Mar 7, 2007, 11:54 AM
Out of curiousity - where are you guys finding it easiest to level Killer Shot? Being a 60/5 Newman fG - EVP is nice but using terrain to save myself is nicer. I've been using Train Rescue S and I only wait on the sword beast spawns. Then from there, I can usually stay at range up until the point where they re-spawn themselves. Please share! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ChyronType0
Mar 7, 2007, 12:03 PM
Well I use about 18 +4 Brahohs and go into Sleeping Warriors S and empty all of them, then abandon mission. From lvl 1-11 I actually gained money. Then from 11-21 I broke even and gain some profit. Now it costs about 1600 a run from 21- 30, which isn't that much, since I can make the money back doing some Bruce.

Kuya
Mar 7, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'm using 3 +10 Brahohs, 3 +10 Blasters, 8 +6 Falgohohs - I guess I'm just trying to find the monsters with the lowest EVP/DFP unless 0s count towards bullet xp?

amtalx
Mar 7, 2007, 01:37 PM
If you're looking for maps where you have the terrain advantage Plains Overlord is the best. There's an area in every room where you cant be attacked. Just lay on the trigger and call it a day.

Golto
Mar 7, 2007, 01:58 PM
I started using the bees in Lab Recovery B. They have over 9000 hp and all you have to to is get behind them and shoot shoot shoot.

Cz
Mar 7, 2007, 02:07 PM
u r soooo lucky...lol. I want that killer shot to level to 21 too!!! Killer shot is really much more fun to use on those robots...really. It is pretty much useless...ohhhh and grats on getting it to level 21!! Took me about 3 weeks just to get ice bullet to level 21...wahhhhhhh!!! makes me wanna cry when leveling these rifle's bullet. =(

Kuya
Mar 7, 2007, 02:36 PM
lol - Plains Overlord...I feel like I'm frag farming again XD

Jey
Mar 7, 2007, 03:45 PM
I'm already GT9 and lv70, so I've not had any motivation to actually clear missions (otherwise I'd be cheesing through De Ragan S <_<;)

The way I do it is to load up on rifles (I carried 48 for this x_x), change to fortegunner for the bullet PP conserve, and then restarted Mad Creatures S until I got the tunnel w/ polties or the ramp>hill>koltova/polties so that I had quick access to a king go-vahra...

Then after killing everything but the king, I shoved it face-first into a corner so that it wouldn't move when it flinched, and then shot its back ad nauseum (yay 100% acc) <_<''' Emptied out a clip, sat around for 20s or so while it healed itself to full, switched to next rifle. Then after destroying 48 rifles worth of PP I'd just run out, recharge, and re-enter, lol.

Me: *empties 1400pp rifle* Killer Shot +0.1% YESSSSSS
fF friend: LOL I got Hishoujin 21 in 4 hours http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Me: t(. . t

Killshot 29 already is pretty disgusting though D: Too much other shyte to level up.

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2007, 03:47 PM
Wow. What an effective but funny way to level up bullets. Turn an enemy ability to a minor exploit. Still, wouldn't it be faster to simply run through the level a bunch of times? Or the 20 second downtime not enough downtime to see that as a Loss for attacking him again?

I can feel the TCs pain, though. If those guns take as long to level that much, as it does for Twin Handguns; one must've spent nearly 80 hours to do it. I did that for Silence and Freeze. I don't totally regret doing it for Silence as I realized how great (sarcasm to the extreme) ST made Silence bullet status effects work in this game. It was still a great learning experience I could pass down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-07 12:50 ]</font>

Jey
Mar 7, 2007, 03:57 PM
It's really preference and how lazy you feel, and whether you care about drops or making the PP recharge fee back or not, or making xp/mps that are more easily made from grinding in parties.

I'm multitasking almost all the time, so this way lets me just hold down the fire button with a toe, which lets my hands do something else, like draw x_x 'course I gotta pause every so often to swap weapons around, but eh.

I see a lot of 0s from using Killshot normally (doesn't have a great acc mod) so between that and having to aim and run around, I doubt running through levels is any faster.

Akaimizu
Mar 7, 2007, 03:58 PM
I gotcha. The operative word is the bad accurracy with it. I guess that would make a difference outside of that multi-tasking thing you mentioned.

ChyronType0
Mar 7, 2007, 04:45 PM
Actually Mad Beasts on S is good to lvl up Killer Shot too.

Scion
Mar 7, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-03-07 08:34, Sychosis wrote:
It's taken me about 12 hours to get Megid to 11...

T_T

Awww...look, D.j., someone else beat us to it!!! xD

Well, congrats! I'm 2 levels away from getting it there myself.

Yeah, off topic, I know...but I couldn't help but notice that as I was skimming through. =P

Theoderic
Mar 10, 2007, 04:17 AM
According to PSUpedia, which map variation(s) do you encounter that king GoVahra? I figured I could just level up all of my bullets on it...

Carbinne
Mar 10, 2007, 04:24 AM
usually I reset until I get that block 1 with the cave on the left. Go thru the cave, if the first enemies are Distovas, you're set. It works for me anyway.

ChyronType0
Mar 10, 2007, 05:52 AM
At lvl 21 I highly recommend getting a party with 2 or more casts (also with 21+Killer Shot) and spamming Grove Of Fanatics on S. You'll get 10k or more in experience at only 13-15 mins a run.

Maridia
Mar 10, 2007, 07:38 AM
I thought you left it on with your turbo while you slept, Jey. ;P

I wish I had that option. XD

Congrats, by the way.