PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard????

Kelevra
Mar 7, 2007, 12:51 PM
Hey guys sorry for the stupid topic. My friend is about to go pick this up for computer, he can use his keyboard to play right? or does he need a controller/gamepad? I play on PS2 and i never though about it.

Solo_Wing
Mar 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
yeah a keyboard can be used, i personally find it cumbersome tho and prefer a pad.

JaiBlue
Mar 7, 2007, 12:55 PM
For the pc version, a controller or gamepad would be best.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 7, 2007, 01:01 PM
I use the keyboard

It depends on how you play games, really. I find keyboards a suitable device if you want to quickly get into typing things, but a controller is good for if you want to lye down in bed while playing PSU.

Kelevra
Mar 7, 2007, 01:15 PM
ok cool he is ex-WOW so i am sure he will be comfy with a key board. Thanks guys!!! Wow i asked a retard question and i didnt get any sarcasm back. YAY for decency !!!

Kuya
Mar 7, 2007, 01:17 PM
lol - I used to play with a gamepad - but now most of my PSUing is done at work - so I can't bust out the gamepad lol. Keyboard makes for much sneakiness XD

gammik
Mar 7, 2007, 01:22 PM
I played EQ1 & 2 for over 7 years, & then tried WoW for a few months , so I know keyboard play very well , & as for PSU on keyboard , uuugggggly ......

good luck playing with the keyboard , omg , no thanks

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 7, 2007, 01:25 PM
I change the keys a little on the keyboard. I use the Shift key as my strafe/camera , the F key for active weapons switch, and the Y button for Chat. this way I can do weapon switching easily while running, and auto-correct my camera with ease instead of getting it mixed up with the arrow keys used for fighting.

Edit: and X for display Item/sorting. ( Wow I just noticed this button, NOW I can sort out my items o.O)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-07 10:30 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 7, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-03-07 10:15, Kelevra wrote:
ok cool he is ex-WOW so i am sure he will be comfy with a key board. Thanks guys!!! Wow i asked a retard question and i didnt get any sarcasm back. YAY for decency !!!

HOLD ON!! This is unacceptable....

*ahem*

No, you can't play the PC version with a keyboard....you have to use the buttons on your monitor to control your character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Is that better??

Tengoku
Mar 7, 2007, 01:53 PM
On 2007-03-07 10:15, Kelevra wrote:

I'm ex-WoW player as well. I found the keyboard setup to be far less precise and more cumbersome than using my cheap-ass logitech controller. I recommend the controller. I'm pretty sure he'll be quite happy with the results once he gets the hang of it. The learning curve is small, but it is there, and it's the only stumbling block.

This game is made for a controller and plays much easier using one. YMMV. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Cz
Mar 7, 2007, 02:09 PM
harder to play with keyboard...>.> i try it on the PC and never got really use to it. I play with the 360 controller and use the keyboard just to type. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif