PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Hard Power Charge question

Alkaar
Mar 7, 2007, 04:58 PM
For the Hard Power Charge, part of the description says, "For close quarters combat". So is this unit worthless for Fortegunners? Do Fortegunners still benefit from the 160 to Attack Power when using rifles and other guns?

xzidanex
Mar 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
Yes they do, but I wouldn't recommend it as it raises pp cost by I think 1.5 times, so yes, you will do more damage, but it will take alot more pp to shoot.

Alkaar
Mar 7, 2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks a bunch, Zidane.

So I'm thinking a Fortegunner would probaby benefit a lot more from the Solid/Power S unit, right?

The accuracy is decreased by 80 and attack power is increased by 145. I don't think that's too bad of a toll to pay if you're a CAST. CASTs have high accuracy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alkaar on 2007-03-07 14:18 ]</font>

Finae
Mar 7, 2007, 06:33 PM
Take the Solid/Power S. Its more worth it than the HPC and the -80 ata doesn't hurt you that much. It would hurt a fortefighter most likely, but I'd still take it over a HPC anyday. The pp cost is just too insane to make it any good. I am basically refilling my 10x photon charges on every block by going back to shop.

RandomTask
Mar 8, 2007, 07:54 AM
I've used Hard / Power Charge for over a month now and while it seemed a bit rough at first, I don't even notice the extra PP usage anymore. BTW, I'm Fortegunner (I also use all 9 star guns so they have a bit extra PP to them). I do take it off for Ultimate PA's though because the cost is insane. I guess I might take a Solid / Power S if given the chance but they are very hard to come buy. 1.2-2 million on 360 where as I just saw a HPC for 850K. So after looking to grab a SPS for the last couple weeks, I'm now after a Solid / Hit S because ATP means nothing when using Killer Shot and I want even more ATA. Peace and goodluck.

CyarVictor
Mar 8, 2007, 10:42 AM
The Hard/Power Charge is great for Bruce A. I've notice a 100pt increase in damage and as a fortefighter, I don't really notice the pp increase. The HPC is more of a specialized unit. Sure the Solid/Power S is good, but not towards the beasts. Even as my cast, I like the HPC. I guess though, that it comes down to personal preference. I know a few fortegunners who like the HPC, but again, it's just a substitute till they get the Solid/Power.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-03-08 07:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-03-08 07:49 ]</font>

Alkaar
Mar 8, 2007, 11:33 AM
Both units are good, but I think hunting for the Hard/Power Charge is a bit more of a challenge since it only drops from a rare Svaltus on a rare spawn map.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Solid/Power S drops from De Ragan S boss box. I think that it may be a bit easier to obtain since that mission is relatively easy and you don't need any rare spawn map.

I really need to get my CAST Fortegunner a Solid/Power S. I have been playing for so long and I still don't have a rare unit for my armor.

With a Force in the party giving out buffs (Zodial included), the -80 to accuracy isn't a big factor. Even if you solo, all you need is the Accuracy booster, Zodiaride, and you're set to go. Come to think of it, is Zodiaride equivalent to a level 21+ Zodial?

A Hard/Power Charge might not be bad either if you're using Yohmei 6* rifles grinded a good number of times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alkaar on 2007-03-08 10:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alkaar on 2007-03-08 10:12 ]</font>

Alkaar
Mar 8, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hmm... I did some thinking and both units would actually be great to have for a CAST Fortegunner.

I'd use the Solid/Power S during a regular mission and switch it to the Hard/Power Charge right before fighting any boss/mini boss.

Any thoughts on this idea?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alkaar on 2007-03-08 12:42 ]</font>