PDA

View Full Version : Box Idea

AntiNubEps
Mar 7, 2007, 07:49 PM
This is just a rough idea and i never have enough data to collect on this but if you attack or destroy the boxes in a certain order you get more bang for your buck as they say I've done this three times maybe and got full boxes and last box you hit will be a higher level in star then the other ones try it...

A2K
Mar 7, 2007, 07:58 PM
In many cases the actual type of item you'll receive from a box is fixed to the particular box itself. For example, hard materials like metasilica or nanocarbon only drop from certain, specific boxes.

There doesn't appear to be any correlation between the order you destroy them and their value. I've seen ebons and rare synthesis boards drop from the first few boxes in a variety of missions (a recent Holy Ground S run is still fresh in my mind) swung at and assorted commons from the rest.

Krisan
Mar 7, 2007, 08:08 PM
How it worked in PSO was.. a predetermined list of items in a stage is pulled from the server, and it (as A2K said) specifies which boxes drop what.. Each item having a certain percentage toward dropping when you break the box, and this is either calculated upon breaking the box or before the stage itself fully loads.. hard to say, but the end result is everything being random, with some items more commonly chosen to drop than others.