PDA

View Full Version : Day/Night Transitions..

JaiBlue
Mar 7, 2007, 08:39 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person to think about this, but does anyone else think this game could have used a real time day and night transitions......it's no real biggie, but I do sometimes wonder what some areas would look at nightime. How bout you guys?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2007-03-07 17:48 ]</font>

Ravennittes
Mar 7, 2007, 08:43 PM
It'd be cool if you meant transitions.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 7, 2007, 08:47 PM
Hunt certain Rare monsters that appear during certain times of the day in the worlds.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

JaiBlue
Mar 7, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-03-07 17:43, Ravennittes wrote:
It'd be cool if you meant transitions.

lol opps your right, changing.

amtalx
Mar 7, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-03-07 17:47, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Hunt certain Rare monsters that appear during certain times of the day in the worlds.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Interesting idea, but bad for those that have restricted schedules http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

retsel
Mar 7, 2007, 08:59 PM
I like the ideal. I wish they do it, it sounds like a real mmo

Emrald
Mar 7, 2007, 09:00 PM
It would be cool, maybe someone can write to sega and sugest it for the Expansion, though that would mean they would also have to desgin a map for day and night

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 7, 2007, 09:03 PM
With the idea of Time shifts,

... And of course, some shops that close and open during certain times of the day...

... Then Some bosses that sleeps or is awake during certain times of the day... at which some bosses might be more powerful or easy to kill...

... a lot of brainstorm x.X... mm brainstorm... Then probably random days would have different weather.

But yea, definitely a Time shift is something they should implement into the future installments!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-07 18:05 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Mar 7, 2007, 09:05 PM
On 2007-03-07 18:03, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

... And of course, some shops that close and open during certain times of the day...

... Then Some bosses that sleeps or is awake during certain times of the day... at which some bosses might be more powerful or easy to kill...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-03-07 18:05 ]</font>

Hell no.
That would be SOOOO fucking annoying.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 7, 2007, 09:07 PM
I don't know, you may be right XD but with just simple shifts in the days would bring up a lot of possibilities to the game. I would love for it to happen XD

retsel
Mar 7, 2007, 09:17 PM

... a lot of brainstorm x.X... mm brainstorm... Then probably random days would have different weather.

But yea, definitely a Time shift is something they should implement into the future installments!!!

I now revoke my my preveus statment becuse the fact that I hated the shop think in FFXI dam I hate that game

"hey lets go make something, NOOO! fucking shop

PJ
Mar 7, 2007, 09:21 PM
Keeping in mind, each planet will need to have a different, "Time Zone," since they're all in different places relative to the sun...? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 7, 2007, 09:28 PM
I hardly fine that annoying. This idea sounds awesome. I've always wanted to see
Parum in night, as well as Moatoob and Neudaiz. I'm not refering to just the missions,
either.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 7, 2007, 09:29 PM
They meant my idea of shop and bosses being annoying, but the night/day transition is a great idea to add into the game.

Ryo_Hayasa
Mar 7, 2007, 09:30 PM
On 2007-03-07 18:21, PJ wrote:
Keeping in mind, each planet will need to have a different, "Time Zone," since they're all in different places relative to the sun...? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I was sorta thinking about that earlier today.
If ANY planets were that close together, or that close to a sun. (the sun would have to be much much larger than the planets or else they'd all freeze over) the planets would not only be drawn into the sun's gravitational pull (i think?) but with a close orbit like that, they'd smash into eachother.

Perfect elinement? Confinement system? More like Galatic collision.

pineapple
Mar 7, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-03-07 18:21, PJ wrote:

Technically, if the worlds were more complete, there would need to be different timezones on the planets themselves too.

I think it would be weird for them to implement anything like this since the game areas feel nothing like a cohesive world.

retsel
Mar 7, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-03-07 18:29, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
They meant my idea of shop and bosses being annoying, but the night/day transition is a great idea to add into the game.

yes thats what i ment atleast

McLaughlin
Mar 7, 2007, 09:35 PM

You'd have a faster paced (in terms of combat) version of FFXI.

I like things they way they are now.

-Ryuki-
Mar 7, 2007, 09:49 PM
Change is inevitable.

DizzyDi
Mar 7, 2007, 09:54 PM
But not always a good thing.

Weeaboolits
Mar 8, 2007, 01:13 AM

We must revive "Magic Weather"!