PDA

View Full Version : Strongly considering coming back...

Siertes
Mar 7, 2007, 10:05 PM
I quit a little less than a month ago, but now I'm bored out of my mind! I was less bored when I just had the game on and idled.

Of course I'll probably end up playing alone as always or I might hang with BHX...

Damn. I suppose it is only $10. Has anything changed since the whole updateless period? I know some of the Ultimate PAs came out, but most of the guns ones seem worthless. Other then that, has the community changed/matured?

gundam0079
Mar 7, 2007, 10:10 PM
yes the community has gotten much better from a month ago u should come back, most of the hackers(idc about them) have gone and super awesome missions have been added

Cz
Mar 7, 2007, 10:10 PM
everyone is waiting on the update coming this friday!!! there will be level cap 80 and S2 mission. Some or maybe lots of people might make a comeback and play again...hopefully. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 7, 2007, 10:11 PM
I'll even throw you a welcome-back party.

Rashiid
Mar 7, 2007, 10:12 PM
A true quitter doesnt come back >.>

Kimil
Mar 7, 2007, 10:13 PM
I'll take on Dulk Falkis S with you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-just hit lvl 60
-just changed back to fF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif so I'm strong again. (WT + PS2 lag = death )

Siertes
Mar 7, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-03-07 19:12, Rashiid wrote:
A true quitter doesnt come back >.>

Well I did keep the possibility of returning open, I just didn't think it would be so soon. I guess I should call it a trial separation.

So Dulk Falkis is out, huh? There seem to be several bosses I haven't tried yet. My bullet lvls are so out of date...

DizzyDi
Mar 7, 2007, 10:19 PM
I'm thinking of coming back too, if my PS2 would READ THE DAMN DISC.

I'll probably get bored after about 2 weeks though.

gundam0079
Mar 7, 2007, 10:22 PM
buy a new disk, now only 39.99 not 49.99

DizzyDi
Mar 7, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'd need a new PS2, now only $100.00.

gundam0079
Mar 7, 2007, 10:30 PM
lol same here i bought a new one about a month ago(the slim one) after my ps2 (5 years runnin) stopped readin the disks on all my games. we're in the same boat

DizzyDi
Mar 7, 2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah I can coax mine into reading it by constantly resetting and/or opening and closing the disc tray.
Takes a few hours and I don't have that kind of patience just to play PSU when I can boot FF XII just fine.

VanHalen
Mar 7, 2007, 11:33 PM
Hey dizzy if you come back gib me your card! We can go kick ass and such.

Freshellent
Mar 7, 2007, 11:39 PM
I fully support hanging with the BHX I've had nothing but good experiences when I've partied with them.

Lots of people coming back I noticed.

Welcome home Guardians,they is much more that needs to be done.(if ST would hurry the hell up...)

imfanboy
Mar 8, 2007, 12:31 AM
DizzyDi, that sounds like a problem with a scratched disk - why not just get the disk resurfaced, or buy one of those resurfacers at Bestbuy? They're cheap, like 20-30 bucks, and whenever you have a scratched disk they fix it right up.

DizzyDi
Mar 8, 2007, 12:46 AM
Not scratched disk, trust me.
The disk I have is a stolen, brand spanking new, copy from blockbuster. I pulled the ol' switcheroo with my original.
Its the PS2's problem. Old, clunky PS2's have problem reading dual-layer DVDs, because they laser is faulty and craps out after a while.
It just so happens that PSU is a dual-layer DVD.

Freshellent
Mar 8, 2007, 12:50 AM
On 2007-03-07 21:31, imfanboy wrote:
DizzyDi, that sounds like a problem with a scratched disk - why not just get the disk resurfaced, or buy one of those resurfacers at Bestbuy? They're cheap, like 20-30 bucks, and whenever you have a scratched disk they fix it right up.

Having worked in a game store I'd like to put my two cents in.

DO NOT BUY THE RESURFACERS FROM BESTBUY. They don't really work that well and all to often they further damage a disc beyond what you can see. In fact they don't sell resurfacers persay,it's a disc cleaner and they often smear a random product and dirt about the disc in a even layer making it so it seems clean,when it is not.
I've had plenty of customers that had discs that didn't work properly after using one of the Disc Doctors/FIXIT things. They are absolutely horrid.

If that does not make sense the listen/read this.
Hollywood Videos/Game Crazy's have legit disc buffing machines (least the should) and only charge a small amount to fix a scratched disc (usually 1.99 a disc) I've cleaned my entire library of games with no problems (I buy most of my games second hand.) If that doesn't work...Yeah your gonna have to shelve out a few bucks to get that new disc.

imfanboy
Mar 8, 2007, 01:54 AM
*blink, blink*

Huh, Einhart.

I may not much care for Bestbuy, seeing as how they forced me to choose between college and working there, but I have had NO problem with the DiskDR disk repairer that I bought there, when I followed the instructions.

I had a copy of FF8 that would DIE during the FINAL cutscene in the first disk - I bought that, ran the first disk through it three times, and it doesn't even jitter. Ditto about a dozen other disks - including my copy of PSU, which got scratched so badly at one point that I couldn't even START Terror From Above. I just excused myself, quit the game, used it on the PSU disk and the scratch is fine.

Besides, the cleaner runs perpendicular to the surface, not radial; it'd take a REALLY bad scratch to even make a reader jog while reading a CD, let alone fuck it up so bad you can't use it.

There IS A DIFFERENCE between disk cleaners and disk repairers, and very often they're sold side by side. It sounds like you bought a disk cleaner thinking it was a repairer and was, of course, disappointed.

I can tell you, I've had no issues with it and I don't hesitate to complain about crap that don't work right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-03-07 22:55 ]</font>

Freshellent
Mar 8, 2007, 02:12 AM
Alright then I'll shut the hell up.

Sorry about that. Just never had luck myself or anyone else I know.

BUT,if you say it to be true then I have no reason to undermine you.