PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Blackbull Huntin' Tonight

Neoptolemus
Mar 8, 2007, 01:16 AM
I'm lookin' to do a little Blackbull hunting (Seed Awakened S-Rank) tonight and into tomorrow on PS2/PC, but hardly anyone is present in the HIVE. First question: Where is everyone? Second Question: Anyone care to join me?

Cz
Mar 8, 2007, 01:19 AM
i would love too but i got morning college class tommoro. =(

Neoptolemus
Mar 8, 2007, 01:20 AM
Sad... No class for me tomorrow! Only M-W. First time all semester that I don't have to work tomorrow either.

Cz
Mar 8, 2007, 01:22 AM
lol...lucky u!! Let see english class tommoro...quickbook class tommoro...lots of homework to catch up..........*yawn* ahhhh!!!! forget it!! i probably wont have much time to play..lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Neoptolemus
Mar 8, 2007, 03:59 AM
Three S runs tonight, and nothing good except XP and JP. I guess I'll pick it up again in 6 hours or so. I will find that rifle!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neoptolemus on 2007-03-08 01:00 ]</font>

Mistle22
Mar 8, 2007, 07:00 AM
Also, it drops whole, and not as a board. So that should make things alot easier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eleina
Mar 8, 2007, 07:30 AM
Meh i would have come coz i love doing that boss but...got exams tomorrow lol

R2D6battlebot
Mar 8, 2007, 07:51 AM
Has anyone confirmed this drop?

Weakness
Mar 8, 2007, 07:58 AM
On 2007-03-08 04:00, Mistle22 wrote:
Also, it drops whole, and not as a board. So that should make things alot easier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Second time I have seen you say this.

Where did you learn about this, where is your proof, did you see it happen yourself, do you have one?

I say BS until proven otherwise. I can't find any information on this rifle on the US sites or the JP sites. Best I can get is that it comes from Dulk Falkis S.

Golto
Mar 8, 2007, 10:25 AM
Just someone making up things, the board drops not the actual weapon.

Baseplate/[buratsukuparuzu] - ? B<The fetal movement of SEED: After the S boss game>
Thats the JPN name of the Blackbull rifle. Seems you can use kubara wood in it too.

-Rune-
Mar 8, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-03-08 04:00, Mistle22 wrote:

Really? I've been hunting the board the last 2 days and everyone on team says it's a board drop <.<;

The actual weapon dropping doesn't make sense, o_O maybe if this was pso xD

Golto
Mar 8, 2007, 11:09 AM
With the exception of one of the online story missions whole weapons do not drop from boxes, they only drop from monsters. There has been confirmation on JPN sites that the board drops.

Neoptolemus
Mar 8, 2007, 12:37 PM
Though, if you go to the Japanese site and look at the % of success for making the various S Rank weapons, Blackbull is not listed (should be about 75% with a lvl 100 Ranged PM). The others are, including Sweet Death. And no one knows the ingredients needed for synthesis on that site either. And there aren't any stats for the Kubara version on that site either, which tells me that either no one has successfully made one, or the weapon drops as a whole.

I don't know for sure if it drops as a board or not, but I'd be willing to bet that it drops whole. I plan on doing several runs today in hope of seeing one with a party. I want one real bad, but I really don't care if it is me that gets it; I just really want confirmation that it drops there as either a whole rifle or a board.

Golto
Mar 8, 2007, 02:27 PM
1. The JPN don't play this mission much. They used to spam pre-UA Mad Beasts S2 and Rainbow Beast S2 so a lot more people have had the board drop for things like Sweet Death so more people = better chance of someone giving info. There is a helluva greater chance of getting a board to drop from multiple monsters than a single boss box. Simple math.
2. Baseplate/[buratsukuparuzu] - ? B<The fetal movement of SEED: After the S boss game>
baseplate means board. See for yourself on the drop charts @ JPN PSU wiki.
3. Can you show any other instance besides the one story mission that a whole weapon comes out of a box or boss box?

Conclusion the board drops.

Neoptolemus
Mar 8, 2007, 04:24 PM
You are very defensive over something that even you don't know for a fact. You don't know... I don't know... Until we have someone confirm it, no one on here knows for a fact. But, to your points:

1. The Japanese players have had the mission much longer than we have. Before they got the SS rank missions, they spammed it, much like we do now... tomorrow will change that with us finally getting SS ranks. I don't deny the fact that Sweet Death will be easier to find. But I refuse to believe that no one on the Japanese Wiki site was able to confirm the ingredients for the board, if the board drops at all.

2. While I have seen it listed like this too, the people typing it in are only human too. In case you haven't noticed, people can, and often do, make mistakes. We see them quite often in the offline existance we call "Reality".

3. In fact I can provide an example of a whole weapon that comes out of a box from a boss drop... In fact, it is also from the boss drop in question. After soloing this mission on C, amongst the monomates and moon atoms was the 3* Batnara wand -- whole. Now, if your retort is going to be, "But that isn't an S Rank..." then you need to realize that we have a handful of S Rank weapons that drop from various places. You can't base the whole drop rate calculations based off of, what, like 5 S Rank weapons.

Conclusion: The fact of the matter is that we STILL DON'T KNOW. I am not claiming that it definately drops whole. I know better than claiming something before I know the facts. I am not going to argue further on this topic. If the board is found, I will be the first to admit that I was wrong. I really don't care either way... I just want to get the gun and have fun in the process.

Golto
Mar 8, 2007, 06:58 PM
3. Ok I've never seen a weapon drop from a box so you got me there. It seems Seed Awakening doesn't follow the drop connventions other missions do. whole armors can drop @_@.

So 100% down to 95% for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SapphireCross
Mar 8, 2007, 07:19 PM
First much luck on your runs when you begin them. I'm also waiting to hear confirmation on that rifle as I've been gathering people and have been spamming the mission on S since it's realease.

To back that debate while hunting Halarod for a friend in Kego numerous times we have seen whole Granarods op out of the boss box so it is possibly for a weapon to pop out of a box yet I strongly doubt Blackbull drops whole. Maybe because of the ideal that it's an S rank weapon it's just too shiny to come whole. Have to make it sit in a PM for a day or so and catch an ulser thinking if it'll fail... ;_; Umm well either way much luck to you and if I come across it as well I'll surely update you on weather its the board or the weapon in whole