PDA

View Full Version : Would I perhaps be among the first?

Freshellent
Mar 8, 2007, 01:42 PM
Would it matter? Does anyone even care?

After careful consideration and deep thought as a Fighgunner I have decided to ditch my Double Sabers.
(cept for big runs like Dulk >.>)

To be honest I never really like the idea of doubles,that whole Darth Maul thing is pretty bland if you ask me. While I must admit the PA's are outstanding,I think my Cast Fg can handle himself with Fists,Twin Sabers,Daggers,Sabers,Traps and an arsenal of pistols/Mechguns. Really,it just seems to me that that Doubles are overrated,I hate the way they strike,it seems so slow to me,and cosmeticly I don't think it "fits" Ein.

I can make up in damage with the the Ultimate PA's for Fist and Twin Sabers,become more useful to a party with SE,spray down mobs with Mechguns,get in with traps and duke my way out.Play a sub ranger when flying types appear,etc.

Everytime I pull out a Double I feel out of place,now I'll admit,I will be using doubles on Bosses/Certain maps if the need shows up.

The only reason for me is I recently noticed that I started to ONLY use Doubles,I sorta wonder why combat was getting bland. Figure if I phase em out I can really enjoy myself again,and be of much more use than ever before.

In closing I'm sure plenty of Fg's have done this before,but I wonder PSOW,what do you think? Does any of this matter? Should I just shut the hell up and play the way I feel? Questions/comments?

Dhylec
Mar 8, 2007, 01:55 PM
Why make a big deal on how you'd play?
I've told myself & a friend that you should play how you like it (class, race, name, etc), not how others like it. It's a game, have fun - just be mindful of the situation.

CyarVictor
You're not the only one who doesn't like doubles sabers aka extreme kayak paddles. When I'm leveling my Figunner class, I only used double sabers here and there. I like twin dags/sabers more. I'm surprised on the lack of accuracy the double sabers have. But, they are not completely useless weapons either. More of a specialized type that's great against large enemies and bosses with Tornado Dance and the end part of Spiral Dance. The other nice weapon for Figunners that caused me to phase out the doubles is the twin hand guns.

All and all, you're not alone on this, but doesn't mean you have to get rid of the doubles. We all have our methods of madness when it comes down to combat. As long as you can do your part in the team, it's all good.

-Rune-
Definately play the way you feel, don't shut the hell up. Just curious why this came outta no where though xD I just don't want this to turn into another you fighgunner eat funny, or whatever hateful thread xD

-Rune-
wow posted at same time o_o;

Sychosis
Mar 8, 2007, 01:56 PM
omegapirate is just fine without his doublesabers.

CyarVictor
Mar 8, 2007, 01:56 PM
Nice timing.

If anyone gives you flank, ignore em.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-03-08 10:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CyarVictor on 2007-03-08 10:58 ]</font>

Freshellent
Mar 8, 2007, 02:02 PM
And there was I waiting for the flaming. Thanks for the support folks.

Akaimizu
Mar 8, 2007, 02:04 PM
All in all, as suggested you play how you want to play. It just also pays to be considerate in groups, that's all. A group mechanic is a touchy thing because it opens up ways to play the game which prevents others from playing how they want to play. Sometimes, it prevents others from supporting the group their way. But that's pretty much something possible from every class. Grouping is about give and take.

Probably why children are taught the qualities of sharing. It's all preparation of dealing with other people.

Nevertheless, you pick the exact playstyle that will bring the most fun. Not all of the time will that remain the same; thus you invent a new playstyle for them. In groups, you basically develop the most fun playstyle, you can think of, that supports the group.

In general, I don't even know how many playstyles I've developed. It all changes with varying group makeups and the individual tendancies of players that play them. And who says this game lacks depth?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-08 11:05 ]</font>

Sekani
Mar 8, 2007, 02:09 PM
This thread needs more doublesabers.

On 2007-03-08 11:02, Icespike wrote:
And there was I waiting for the flaming. Thanks for the support folks.

LOL, you kidding me? The elitist players will have your babies for not using Tornado Dance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sekani on 2007-03-08 11:10 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Mar 8, 2007, 02:22 PM
I agree with the play how you want.

I've never used a double saber, but I run missions with a FG who does. One thing I don't see mentioned about them here which he finds the most useful attribute of the double saber is it's ability to hit 3-4 enemies at a time if they are surrounding you. He seems to enjoy this aspect of the weapon, yet I hear nobody here lauding this ability. Is there a lack of knowledge on how to use the weapon, or is this ability just not that great.

Also, most people dislike the FG's who ONLY use Double Sabers and send everything flying. These players tend to become a one-trick pony and are soon rendered obsolete to a FG who actually pulls out guns/knives/sabers depending on the situation.

Rashiid
Mar 8, 2007, 02:23 PM
funny, i was gonna sell my bone dance 2day too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Rune-
Mar 8, 2007, 02:24 PM
god my breath smells like apple jolly ranche... <.<; oh I'm on!!
I love that effect on double saber's, I think I've pretty much mastered that weapon on how it was supposed to be used... actually no I didn't cause I never tried the newest PA yet. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Akaimizu
Mar 8, 2007, 02:26 PM
*Somewhere a minor internet Amtrak disaster strikes*

"Ooooh! Apple Jolly Ranchers!! I want one!!! Gimme!! Gimme!!!"

CyarVictor
Mar 8, 2007, 02:27 PM
Nope, most know it can hit multiple targets like a great sword with more hits, but it is a bit slow with a lack of accuracy. You usually get smacked mid combo which interrupts. Depends on the situation, that usually incures the type of weapon used and the PA for the apporiate time.

-Rune-
Mar 8, 2007, 02:30 PM
On 2007-03-08 11:26, Akaimizu wrote:
*Somewhere a minor internet Amtrak disaster strikes*

"Ooooh! Apple Jolly Ranchers!! I want one!!! Gimme!! Gimme!!!"

I dun have any ;_; I'm drinking this weird Tropicana Twister Sour apple green ghost stuff <.<;

Akaimizu
Mar 8, 2007, 02:33 PM
Wha?! You know what Ectoplasm would do to ya?

(Frankly I don't even know, but it was icky and all over Bill Murray, and I don't want it!!) *shakes head*

*Starts to put the fallen train back where it was.*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-08 11:36 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Mar 8, 2007, 02:40 PM
On 2007-03-08 10:56, Sychosis wrote:
omegapirate is just fine without his doublesabers.

^_^

Reginaldo
Mar 8, 2007, 06:13 PM
People don't like Fighgunners because the majority of them charge into a group of mobs thinking their double saber is some uber power weapon when it's not, or just spam Tornado Dance. I prefer using double sabers on bigger mobs with more then one target on it myself but now and then I'll mix it up and smack some Vanda's or Vahra's around with it.

However most of the time I'm using twin sabers, a sword, or twin handguns.

I'll soon have every twin handgun PA at over level 11 soon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Tengoku
Mar 8, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-03-08 11:22, JAFO22000 wrote:
I've never used a double saber, but I run missions with a FG who does. One thing I don't see mentioned about them here which he finds the most useful attribute of the double saber is it's ability to hit 3-4 enemies at a time if they are surrounding you. He seems to enjoy this aspect of the weapon, yet I hear nobody here lauding this ability. Is there a lack of knowledge on how to use the weapon, or is this ability just not that great.
You pretty much got it. The ability to hit multiple targets all around you is very, very nice. The PAs have varied usefullness depending on the skills of those using them and the situation (like everything), but those who know how to use them properly can do amazing things with them.

Most people just focus on the perceived negatives and shout "OMFG! TEH KNOCKBACKZ!" during discussions. Oddly enough, I've only ever heard this sentiment on these boards, never within the game itself. Even then, it's a minority statement here, given prominence by the amount of times it's repeated, and usually repeated by the same people.

So, don't believe the hype, yo. Go try some out sometime, it'll leave you giggling like a little girl. Of course, YMMV.

February
Mar 8, 2007, 10:45 PM
Seriously, people. Play how ever the fuck you want to play. It's just a game.

nooblet
Mar 9, 2007, 12:00 AM
I play a fighgunner alt and love the first and second part combo of gravity dance. It easily replaces renkei or whatever as my prefer choice of AoEs.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 9, 2007, 12:41 AM
On 2007-03-08 15:35, Tengoku wrote:

On 2007-03-08 11:22, JAFO22000 wrote:
You pretty much got it. The ability to hit multiple targets all around you is very, very nice. The PAs have varied usefullness depending on the skills of those using them and the situation (like everything), but those who know how to use them properly can do amazing things with them.

Most people just focus on the perceived negatives and shout "OMFG! TEH KNOCKBACKZ!" during discussions. Oddly enough, I've only ever heard this sentiment on these boards, never within the game itself. Even then, it's a minority statement here, given prominence by the amount of times it's repeated, and usually repeated by the same people.

So, don't believe the hype, yo. Go try some out sometime, it'll leave you giggling like a little girl. Of course, YMMV.

Ya, rly.

6 hits to 4 targets is nothing to scoff at.

imfanboy
Mar 9, 2007, 02:18 AM
The only reason I use double sabers at all is because I have a 50% ice and a 22% lightning one. *shrug* Other than that, they're hardly fashionable at this point.

The 2 PAs ARE very good, plus the basic attack is very handy too. And tornado dance DOES have a place - flooring dangerous and deadly mobs like buffed vandas or gohmons before they get an attack off.