PDA

View Full Version : someone please explain why protransers are so good?

majan
Mar 8, 2007, 03:19 PM
Their numbers suck,no s ranks,what's the deal with everybody saying they become so strong?

Im not knocking them,im just looking for all you avid protranser users out there to fill me in on the mantra.I want to know what's so good about them,becuase if they're strng,ill make one of those with my cast instead of a fighgunner.

The ony problem I see is weak WEAK atp.86% at lv 10 kinda sucks.

Please fill me in.
Thanks

BurningRage
Mar 8, 2007, 03:24 PM
It's all about the traps and versatility. The traps make all the difference.

Akaimizu
Mar 8, 2007, 03:29 PM
Still, they are one of the more technical expert classes. Generally recommended for experienced players. They are for those people wanting to make the most out of the versatility. And yes......traps.

They are not the choice for someone who wants a class that's *easiest* to kick butt with. So if that is what one would define as "They're so good", then that's the wrong definition.

In this case, it's more like a tricky class that when played right, can be a major party asset.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-03-08 12:31 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 03:32 PM
For me, it's about the challenge. My Protranser-to-be is only level 1 (... >.>) but I'm looking forward to playing the class.

Protransers are a very big help to the team. They can silence spell casters, infect large enemies, and put mobs to sleep with traps. No one cares about their weak ATP, they arn't a primarily melee class.

What other class can drop a Silence Trap on a Jarba then wail on it with an Axe? Hmm?

Weakness
Mar 8, 2007, 03:33 PM
Must... resist urge... to bash! Grr... so hard!

This isn't a game about stats, it is about look sand enjoyment. If you want an e-peen contest please move over to FF XI or WoW. I'm sure they will be happy to accept you over there.

The only difference between the jobs here is what weapons they can use. You pick what job you want to play because of what weapons you like the most. I play GunTecher and Protranser because I like using bows, but don't want to be a Force seeing as I am a CAST.

There is nothing wrong with any class, or any race in this game. The lack of S ranks is nothing to write home about. Most S ranks don't have significantly higher stats then A ranks, the only true difference is that they get unique models. This game is purely about aesthetics, what you think looks cool/cute/whatever.

...my self control may be lacking...

Akaimizu
Mar 8, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-03-08 12:32, Kadan wrote:
For me, it's about the challenge. My Protranser-to-be is only level 1 (... >.>) but I'm looking forward to playing the class.

Protransers are a very big help to the team. They can silence spell casters, infect large enemies, and put mobs to sleep with traps. No one cares about their weak ATP, they arn't a primarily melee class.

What other class can drop a Silence Trap on a Jarba then wail on it with an Axe? Hmm?

The fact that they get a Silence that *Works* without having to spend the time to max out an SE4 gun to do it, is rightfully awesome, in itself.

Rizen
Mar 8, 2007, 03:44 PM
Protranser is all about how well you are able to use everything you have available to you to the most.

Highly not recommended to players who like easy mode or elitists.

I might be going Protranser on the 360 a bit sooner than I planned...

Sinaku
Mar 8, 2007, 03:50 PM
I also heard they get a 50 percent critical hit rate...true?

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-03-08 12:50, Sinaku wrote:
I also heard they get a 50 percent critical hit rate...true?

I dunno the exact percent, but yes, it is higher than the other classes.

Neith
Mar 8, 2007, 03:53 PM
As far as I'm aware, their crit ratio is very high, yes. Traps are amazing when used properly too. A good PT is an asset to a team, a bad one is a huge burden.

AlucardTepes
Mar 8, 2007, 03:54 PM
This isn't a game about stats, it is about look sand enjoyment. If you want an e-peen contest please move over to FF XI or WoW. I'm sure they will be happy to accept you over there.

Amen. Those are the games if you want to shoot down jobs and classes. This game allows much more flexibility as far as gameplay(and a lot more fun).

I stopped playing this game before Protransers came out, but it's obvious they have their uses. Protransers think their class is great just as every other class does. There are uses for every class/race.

Dragwind
Mar 8, 2007, 04:06 PM
The traps are a definite plus. Being able to deal some decent damage as well is also great. Ive seen many horrid protransers, and many honorable protansers. Like said above, It is definately an expert class and not for the whiners who want some uber stat raised character imo.

biggabertha
Mar 8, 2007, 04:21 PM
Specifically speaking, Protransers are able to do some of the actions a Fortefighter can do and a Fortegunner can do. Fortegunners and Protransers are currently the only two classes in the game that can use all the traps and make doubly sure of a Status Effect by use of a Shotgun or a rifle/bow.

Both Fortegunner and Protransers have access to Grenade Launchers that help greatly in knocking down large enemies, pushing enemies against a wall so that other characters can deal massive damage to them while those enemies are trying to get up. (Massive damage, I'm reminded of the Sony E3 expo now... >.<) Laser Cannons help gather some hate from the enemy, I've noticed while using my Laser that most of the time, the swarms of enemies move towards me when I fire through most of them, I'm sure it's a very good attention grabber against swarms of enemies that come at you in waves of six or more.

Protransers and Fortefighters have access to the powerful axes, these are monstrous weapons of pure power that will devastate huge swathes of enemies. Combining both Anga Dugrega and Anga Redda will make mince meat out of any kind of enemy you encounter and odes it really matter about the 80ish% ATP modifier for Protransers? Axes give a crazy amount of attack, something like +1000 or more ATP! Combine that with the swor'd Tornado Break for clearing swathes of enemies away or Bogga Zuppa's instant knockdown to the majority of enemies and Dus Daggas for lots of fast fdamage.

If that's not enough, Protransers are the only class with the highest base damage modifier to trap attack power. Sure, all the Status Effects are the same but other than a Fighgunner, the other two classes cannot readily go marching into a swarm of enemies and expect to come out in one piece. Protranser's high HP at later levels can really help things out here as well as switching quickly to a crowd clearing weapon right after the trap's been set off.

The real disadvantage with Protranser is just the first three levels. Especially if you finish up as a Hunter or a Ranger. Well, or as a Force actually becuase you'll be wanting that Resta sooooooo badly... The other problem with a Protranser is that you cannot really try the class out. You have to duke it out for at least five or six levels to get a good feel for what they can do.

Oh yeah, ground three star C weapons will be your BEST friends when you become a Protranser no matter what level you are. Be prepared to spend a lot of money just in general keeping things together for the first few levels. Good luck! Being a Protranser is all about fun in the later stages and complaining in the early stages! Make the most of it!

majan
Mar 8, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-03-08 12:33, Weakness wrote:
Must... resist urge... to bash! Grr... so hard!

The only difference between the jobs here is what weapons they can use. You pick what job you want to play because of what weapons you like the most. I play GunTecher and Protranser because I like using bows, but don't want to be a Force seeing as I am a CAST.

There is nothing wrong with any class, or any race in this game. The lack of S ranks is nothing to write home about. Most S ranks don't have significantly higher stats then A ranks, the only true difference is that they get unique models. This game is purely about aesthetics, what you think looks cool/cute/whatever.

...my self control may be lacking...

thanks for the input.we now know that you apparently sniffed some cocaine before replying to my post,or that you have the IQ of a rodent.

resist urge to bash?what urge to bash is there here?if anything,you just opened yourself to be bashed becasue there you are,replying to a post you dont really want to reply to,just to say "how bad I want to bash this person for simply asking for some other peoples opinions...RABBLERABBLERABBLE"
oh how smart you have depicted yourself to be!

anyway,for the rest of you all who came in and actually put in your 2 cents,thank you.now my decision is a bit easier now that I have a few perspectives from actual transer users out there.

APEXi
Mar 8, 2007, 04:43 PM
dont go protranser unless youre willing to suck it up through the low job levels. if you have to be "sold" on becoming a transer you probably wont like it anyway.

Tiyr
Mar 8, 2007, 04:43 PM
Their damage multiplier isn't that great, even at ten, but it's still around wartecher country, and their HP is tied for second best. Also, stats (imo) are secondary to skill, and PTs can use a number of advanced weapon types (axes, grenades, etc) and can use their skills and bullets to thirty. Add in the trap and critical hit bonuses and you've got a very powerful class.

Weakness
Mar 8, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-03-08 13:39, majan wrote:

thanks for the input.we now know that you apparently sniffed some cocaine before replying to my post,or that you have the IQ of a rodent.

resist urge to bash?what urge to bash is there here?if anything,you just opened yourself to be bashed becasue there you are,replying to a post you dont really want to reply to,just to say "how bad I want to bash this person for simply asking for some other peoples opinions...RABBLERABBLERABBLE"

anyway,for the rest of you all who came in and actually put in your 2 cents,thank you.now my decision is a bit easier now that I have a few perspectives from actual transer users out there.

Well you weren't really asking for opinions. You openly started a conversation looking for controversy.

I was making a point about how you make comments such as.

Their numbers suck

And...

The ony problem I see is weak WEAK atp.86% at lv 10 kinda sucks.

My point was that this game relies solely on aesthetics. You are looking for something more, you are looking for "the best" in a game where there is none.

I am pointing out that you are one of those retards that if there were PvP, you would believe that it would prove something if "this job" could beat "that job".

You weren't looking for opinions with the comments you made about a job that I play. You were looking for an argument about numbers. This game has nothing to do with DPS or the like.

Sekani
Mar 8, 2007, 08:11 PM
Ignore Weakness. Seems like he's been just looking for reasons to go off on people lately.

As for Protransers, as others have said their biggest strength is their versatility and being able to use what they have at their disposal to best fit the situation. I'd rate them as one of the "expert" classes with wartecher and guntecher. Yes, they start off VERY slowly, but mature well with age.

My only gripe against protranser was their weapon selection. Their arguably best weapons are all of the slow and deliberate variety, and I personally prefer the faster and flashier weapons (double sabers, twin sabers, twin handguns, etc.).

gundam0079
Mar 8, 2007, 08:21 PM
at lvl 10 there stats go through the f**kin roof, ive got a bout 8 friends at PT they stronger than me and im lvl 58 figh 4 im mean dam they get really good

SolRiver
Mar 8, 2007, 08:24 PM
My only gripe against protranser is the incapability to look hawt with s rank weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2007-03-08 17:25 ]</font>

Tahldon
Mar 8, 2007, 08:25 PM
Does it bother you that much? Just a question.

I'm a 'Transer and I'm enjoying it -A LOT-.

I won't go into stats and all that crap cause if you really wanted to know you'd be one yourself and find out. Either that or do homework.. but anyways.

My main character is a Fortetecher and being a Protranser on the side I can get a little of all the other classes all rolled into one along with a special little bonus (traps).

So yeah..

Golto
Mar 8, 2007, 08:32 PM
If you are thinking about becoming a prot as soon as possible it is not a good idea. The stat hit is pretty bad and most characters nowadays could become prots at lvl 29 or even lower. I would wait until you are in the high 40's to 50 at the very earliest. I have a friend that went straight to prot at around lvl 31 and he is still struggling at lvl 42.

The thing about Prots not having any sranks is pretty pointsless until we get 12* and higher. Very few sranks are available legity now and the stat increases going from most 9* to 10* is so miniscule that the damage increase would be less than the damage variance.

DavidNel
Mar 8, 2007, 08:33 PM
I'm a proud noobgunner, so I can't really day about protransers. They seem to fill their nitche on the PSU teams about as well as fortetechers. I think you need both a protransfer AND a fortetecher to make the best team possible. Protrasfers can just run into a mob, confuse them all, and have them attack eachother while everyone else sits back and has a good laugh. I say if you went protransfer, all the power to ya! I couldn't do it, as I'm too lazy to switch weapons...

PS: Please ignore spelling and typing errors. I just got home from a track meet and I'm kind of tired... >.>

EphekZ
Mar 8, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-03-08 17:11, Sekani wrote:
Ignore Weakness. Seems like he's been just looking for reasons to go off on people lately.

oh please, there was nothing wrong with what weakness said.

good job on flaming btw.

erm...you must have only read the first sentence as what weakness said was completly true.

if you're too thick to figure out what he said, then shall I explain it? What he said was that stats dont matter in this game(nor did it in PSO) a player makes the class work and what they get doesnt matter. for one, you can grind A ranks, which will most likely surpass 12*(before grinds) so there won't be any problem. What you're supposed to do in this game is pick classes by the weapon choice that you like.

Does it still seem like he posted just to say "ZOMG MUST BASH"?

THERAPIST
Mar 8, 2007, 09:07 PM
Why oh why are 5 levels of Force necessary to become Protranser? It's not like you can cast Techs once you swap to Protranser ... the only benefit I can see is that you can begin levelling your Bow skills early.

It seems the intention might have been to make a truly balanced class, but it was decided that less-than-spectacular stats (allegedly) and no S rank weapons weren't enough of a gimp, so they removed the ability to use any Techs you may have skilled up as a Force.

EphekZ
Mar 8, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-03-08 18:07, THERAPIST wrote:
Why oh why are 5 levels of Force necessary to become Protranser? It's not like you can cast Techs once you swap to Protranser ... the only benefit I can see is that you can begin levelling your Bow skills early.

It seems the intention might have been to make a truly balanced class, but it was decided that less-than-spectacular stats (allegedly) and no S rank weapons weren't enough of a gimp, so they removed the ability to use any Techs you may have skilled up as a Force.

I think...everyone would play that class if you got wands...anyways, you get bows and the lvl 5 FO is just to justify that they get them, no biggy. It seems like you think sega just sat there saying "HMMM HOW MAY WE 'GIMP' THIS CLASS!?" no, they made it for a reason, and it works.

Tsavo
Mar 8, 2007, 09:57 PM
People seem to forget that Pro's get lvl 30 skills and bullets. If they had even decent ATP they'ed be ridiculously broken and everybody would use them. As it is they are incredibly versitle, holding and answer for every situation if used corectly.