PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sonic Team: Anything you can buy in a Shop isn't a Rar

pionear
Mar 8, 2007, 05:59 PM
This is my Letter to Sonic Team. I so tired of seeing a Red Drop, with it only being a Kersline, A Food Board, etc. I know they changed the Moon Atomizer X board to a regular drop, so hopefully they will do the same with other items in the future.

Yuudai_Riisu
Mar 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
guarentee they wont listen

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 06:12 PM
[b] Scape Doll is the new Photon Drop.

Bob recieved:
[b] Scape Doll
7*

Bob: GGGAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Yuudai_Riisu
Mar 8, 2007, 06:13 PM
then you shouldnt pick it up and photon drops had more usefull uses

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 06:14 PM
My friends and I do it to annoy each other. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Mar 8, 2007, 06:15 PM
Oh yeah? Well, people pick 'em up anyways. I do just to bug people. It's a damn game. . . And generally the drop is based on chance, even if "ordered" does follow a sequence.

Tengoku
Mar 8, 2007, 06:17 PM
On 2007-03-08 15:12, Kadan wrote:

Bob recieved:
[b] Scape Doll
7*

I call those boards "Tease Dolls".

Sanjiro
Mar 8, 2007, 06:40 PM
all hope depends on the old data to be stored within the US version! PLEASE BRING BACK DARK FLOW!!! AND MY YASHA!!!!!

Yuudai_Riisu
Mar 8, 2007, 06:49 PM
So if the japanese start sell 10* weapons they are not rare?

DizzyDi
Mar 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-03-08 15:15, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:
Oh yeah? Well, people pick 'em up anyways. I do just to bug people. It's a damn game. . . And generally the drop is based on chance, even if "ordered" does follow a sequence.

^5 shlig.

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 8, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-03-08 15:14, Kadan wrote:
My friends and I do it to annoy each other. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It doesn't matter, anyway. Set In Order and Set Random choose the owner of the drop upon being dropped, not upon being picked up. Basically, if you don't pick it up, then someone just got skipped on the rare wheel. So which do you prefer? Cheap rare, or no rare? If you'd rather not waste your inventory space on it, then just as well, but just the same, you can always drop it if you need more room for more useful things.

So keep that in mind next time you think you're screwing someone over by grabbing the cheap rare.

Rashiid
Mar 8, 2007, 07:31 PM
its not ment for 'rareness', the stars represent more of its usefulness, meaning, u pick it up, its sumthing free/useful, not neccisarly rare. thats how i see it.

10*'s arnt really rare (well soon they wont, just hard to find), its just theyre better then 9*'s, and more useful.

doesnt mean theyre rare, just we cant buy them yet, but theyres a chance of getting a free one ahead of time.

Syl
Mar 8, 2007, 07:33 PM
You don't seem to notice how "rare" materials work.

First off, you need Kerseline to make 7* weapons. But why should it be 7*? Cause it's easier that way to know what you'll be using http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I mean would it make sense to use a 6* material for a 9* wep e_e

Hath_Wrobo
Mar 8, 2007, 07:33 PM
On 2007-03-08 16:27, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

It doesn't matter, anyway. Set In Order and Set Random choose the owner of the drop upon being dropped, not upon being picked up. Basically, if you don't pick it up, then someone just got skipped on the rare wheel. So which do you prefer? Cheap rare, or no rare? If you'd rather not waste your inventory space on it, then just as well, but just the same, you can always drop it if you need more room for more useful things.

So keep that in mind next time you think you're screwing someone over by grabbing the cheap rare.

I just wish more people knew this, so that the whole "booting due to picking up a rare that I don't like" ...thing would finally stop. But then again, there are still many people selling neu ebon for around 10k so I think I'm hoping for too much.

Kimil
Mar 8, 2007, 07:38 PM
I don't see what they could do About the kerslines... but the [b] Scape Dolls... Those can become a 6* Item, no complants here >.>

BTW.... Syl... Chaaaaaaaaaangin it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rashiid
Mar 8, 2007, 07:41 PM
they cant change the star rate on scape doll boards UNLESS they change the star rate on scape dolls themselves, which i find very usefull (like i said, Stars arnt for rareness, for usefullness)

so, i dont mind scape doll boards being 'rare' as u guys would call it.

Syl
Mar 8, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-03-08 16:38, Kimil wrote:
I don't see what they could do About the kerslines... but the [b] Scape Dolls... Those can become a 6* Item, no complants here >.>

BTW.... Syl... Chaaaaaaaaaangin it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LOL

not yet actually, i'm still at school and i don't have my fonts >.<

Oh and if you're playing or anytime soon, tell the guys I said hi for me and that i should be on in about 3 hours http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

jayster
Mar 8, 2007, 08:01 PM

Bob recieved:
[b] Scape Doll
7*

I could have sworn scape doll boards were 8*

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 10:19 PM
On 2007-03-08 17:01, jayster wrote:

Bob recieved:
[b] Scape Doll
7*

I could have sworn scape doll boards were 8*

PSOW's database says 7*.

A2K
Mar 8, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-03-08 14:59, pionear wrote:
I know they changed the Moon Atomizer X board to a regular drop, so hopefully they will do the same with other items in the future.

That's a bit of a non sequitur, don't you think? You could never buy Moon Atomizer Xs in shops, I think.

I do agree about the purchasable food boards, though. I could always use free scape dolls and kerseline, though. It's not like I had infinite money to fill my inventory with those on a whim.

pionear
Mar 26, 2007, 05:31 PM
On 2007-03-08 19:29, A2K wrote:

I know they changed the Moon Atomizer X board to a regular drop, so hopefully they will do the same with other items in the future.

That's a bit of a non sequitur, don't you think? You could never buy Moon Atomizer Xs in shops, I think.

I do agree about the purchasable food boards, though. I could always use free scape dolls and kerseline, though. It's not like I had infinite money to fill my inventory with those on a whim.

In the case of Moon Atomizer X boards, many people don't really use/need Moon Atomizer X's.

And with scape dolls and kerselines, just because they cost more money doesn't mean it should be a rare.

While on the other hand, Dejaban(sp?) blades and boards are rare but they don't have that 'Rare' status.

pikachief
Mar 26, 2007, 05:34 PM

Bob recieved:
[b] Scape Doll
7*

i cant even remember the last time i've seen one of these drop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Soukosa
Mar 26, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-03-08 16:31, Rashiid wrote:
its not ment for 'rareness', the stars represent more of its usefulness, meaning, u pick it up, its sumthing free/useful, not neccisarly rare. thats how i see it.

10*'s arnt really rare (well soon they wont, just hard to find), its just theyre better then 9*'s, and more useful.

Yep, a 10* weapon with 10% to an element is far more useful than a 9* weapon with 50% to an element http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Vay
Mar 26, 2007, 07:23 PM
You know, I really can't think of the last time I saw a scape board, either. Huh. I do have like, 12 on my Beast WT though. All these omega acids are starting to really pile up! Speaking of Kerseline, I don't think I've ever bought one, yet I hit the 99 limit in my storage yesterday. Oy.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 26, 2007, 08:01 PM
On 2007-03-08 16:27, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

This, sadly, is a very common misconception.

I cannot speak for random (because it sucks, so I never use it), but on order, the rare counts in the order only when it is picked up, not when it is dropped. If a rare is not picked up, it is never counted in the order. Seriously.

I have definite and undeniable proof of this, too:

A friend and I, a few months back, were duoing Fight For Food S. We were just hunting for items (Deljaban boards/blades, specifically), so we had deposited our Scape Dolls before starting the mission, and we just respawned outside the mission upon death.

The drops were set to order/order. In the first room, a Scape Doll drops, and we do not pick it up (didn't want to waste it, we went back for it after completing the mission).

Towards the end of block 1, a rare material (Kerseline or something) drops, and is picked up. I receive it.

In block 2, two rares drop (Slaterians if memory serves) and are picked up. Both of these go to my friend. Keep in mind, we are the only two people in the mission.

With rares set to order, there is only one way in which the same individual can get two rares in a row. If you are the last person in the old order, and then the first person in the new order (the order is randomly redetermined upon completion of the previous order), then, and only then, can you receive two rares in a row.

If the Scape Doll that dropped and was not picked up had counted in the order, it would have been impossible for my friend to receive both Slaterians. That would have been 3/4 rares going to him, which is impossible in an order game (2/3, however, is possible, considering the reseting or the order as described above).

tl;dr version: If you pick up a Scape Doll board in my order game, I boot you.

SaiSpagS
Mar 27, 2007, 07:27 AM
Yes but your DEFINATE UNDENIABLE PROOF is about as credible as anyones, I don't know how it works for only 2 players but in a 6 person game we got about 12+ rares and 2 bad rares were left on the ground (2x [B] Scape) My friend didn't get any rares out of the run so at the end he ran back through and picked up both the rares which both went to him.

The order must have been set as the items dropped for this to happen as after 12 rares he should have got at least something but then got both the crap rares when we went back.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 03:33 PM
No.

The difference between your account and mine is that I have no idea who you are, whereas I am one of the most credible members of this community.

Don't make me drag out the log of all the drops for that mission.

EDIT: Speaking of drop logs, there's another interesting point: it only logs things when they are picked up. If ownership of a rare was determined when it was dropped, then it would be recorded in the log as soon as it drops, not when it is picked up.

Conclusion: Don't pick up shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-03-27 13:39 ]</font>

Sylpheed
Mar 27, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-03-27 13:33, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
No.

The difference between your account and mine is that I have no idea who you are, whereas I am one of the most credible members of this community.

Don't make me drag out the log of all the drops for that mission.

EDIT: Speaking of drop logs, there's another interesting point: it only logs things when they are picked up. If ownership of a rare was determined when it was dropped, then it would be recorded in the log as soon as it drops, not when it is picked up.

Conclusion: Don't pick up shit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-03-27 13:39 ]</font>

Ok so you say that the rare only logs when it is actually PICKED UP now you may be well known in the community but that still dosent prove shit, Ive been in plenty of parties of six people where bad rares have dropped and have been left on the floor to later end the mission with people missing out on a rare item after going through the whole party.

I also think your slightly pathetic for booting someone for picking an item up. It either means you dont want shit cluttering ure inventory (there is a drop item option) or you just dont people to get good rares that you want....so my conclusion is:

Without good hard evidence i don't believe a word you say

-Crokar-
Mar 27, 2007, 05:46 PM
actually fuzzy your one of the biggest assholes on this site. so i wouldnt take your word for anything

ljkkjlcm9
Mar 27, 2007, 05:51 PM
I don't really care... when someone picks up a kerseline and it goes to me, I just drop it

Rare item isn't used properly in this game. Rare actually means "valuable" in this game. A 7* items is suppose to be valuable, not really rare. As there are 3 star weapons that are rarer than 9* weapons at this point.

THE JACKEL

Ffuzzy-Logik
Mar 27, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-03-27 15:46, -Crokar- wrote:
actually fuzzy your one of the biggest assholes on this site. so i wouldnt take your word for anything

I may be an asshole, but I'm a trustworthy asshole. I will not deny that I can be quite unpleasant at times, but I am being serious here: everything I have seen first-hand has confirmed my beliefs on this topic.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, because Scape Boards (and rare PM food boards) are the only things I consider "bad rares," and they don't drop all that often anyway.

As to the original topic at hand, I think everything is pretty much fine the way it is.

EDIT: Reworked my post to make it more on-topic, and less...uh...off-topic, because people seem to take my comments far too seriously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2007-03-27 17:04 ]</font>

A2K
Mar 27, 2007, 06:57 PM
I'd like to think we can have a formal discussion without resorting to name-calling. Drop the flaming and get back on topic or individual warnings will follow.

Mystil
Mar 27, 2007, 07:00 PM
This is my Letter to Sonic Team. I so tired of seeing a Red Drop, with it only being a Kersline, A Food Board, etc. I know they changed the Moon Atomizer X board to a regular drop, so hopefully they will do the same with other items in the future.

lol food board...

It is setup that way so we can use the shop system. Even though it is abused. Like who wants to spend 8000 for a vulculine(sp) when you can buy it for 4000 from a player shop. That's the whole idea, but sadly it doesn't work that way.

DikkyRay
Mar 27, 2007, 07:00 PM
I dont think ffuzzy is an asshole.
Because that too fucking happened to me.

User received a warning for this post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-03-27 17:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-03-27 17:13 ]</font>