PDA

View Full Version : Relearning the Ways of the Force

PJ
Mar 8, 2007, 11:20 PM
This isn't a topic for me to whine and say, "Being a Force is so much harder, I need to aim now!" and what not.

I need some tips on playing a Force. Although I've considered my Force character as my, "Main character," I didn't want to level him until my friends got online. And now that they ARE online, I'm free to play him! Joy!

So, first of all, I have to say. I love how so much more action-oriented the PSU Force is over the PSO Force. You know, where techs don't SUCK.

But here's my problem: I'm trying too hard to play my Force as I would play a PSO force. I know it's NOT a bad thing to have my team constantly healed, and fully supported, but with PSO, it was easier (PSO forces were so easy, it's ridiculous). And it's made worse by the fact that I'm on the PS2, and, although it's not NEARLY as bad (Seriously, everyone takes it WAY out of proportion bad), my weapons DO have to load. So switching constantly isn't always the best... way. Hmm.

I dunno what I'm getting around to, but I want some Force tips (Coming from the self-proclaimed awesomest force of PSO, this is a hard thing to ask http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

EphekZ
Mar 8, 2007, 11:27 PM
eh well, I played melee FOmar as a main, and now I play WT, and I kind of do play the same as I would as a PSO force, of couse you cant resta as fast but it's fast enough. for my PC, and my PC is probably worse than a PS2, I only have to load the techs once every block. Now sometimes one of them will lag out, but that happens to even melee weps so it's no biggy. I play with 3-4 wands on my pallet at all times, so I know about the switching and what not. You really just get used to it. I never played with you on GC/BB, so I don't know how good you are, or how well you adapt but lets assume I do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif just keep playing and keep that mentality of a PSO force and make sure your party comes first. nothing worse than a force who doesn't support and just spams dambarta all day long.

edit: hope that helps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-03-08 20:27 ]</font>

Kaydin
Mar 8, 2007, 11:27 PM
Load all your spells at the beginning of each block. Switch through every weapon and let them all load. I'm on PC, and I have to do this when playing Force. Even as a Wartecher I load my healing wand at the beginning of each block.

You can also switch weapon while a spell is casting. When the spell is cast, you will switch to the new weapon. Take advantage of this to quickly switch to Resta and back again.

Rizen
Mar 8, 2007, 11:31 PM
lol I know how you feel man. Took me a week to break myself into the PSU Force role.

I highly suggest start with breaking yourself from auto lock first - one of my biggest problems when I first played force on PSU coming from PSO force. Pick up a Ra- spell since they are easiest to aim and practice with that until you are able to angle yourself so you are aiming at enemies when you use a spell.

Second, I suggest learning your range and reach. In PSO, the range and reach was so out of proportion compared to PSU (as you can tell). I suggest watching other forces carefully, observing their placing and position between party members and enemies. Also take note of noticing other force's spell levels by look (so you dont have to ask what level a spell is http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

Third, at the beginning of the mission, go through your palette and equip all 6 weapons so they are preloaded (it helps).

I know these are not the greatest tips, but I thought I might share. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 8, 2007, 11:32 PM
Load your resta weapon before you load anything. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PJ
Mar 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
Well, what I'm hoping for is, soon my group of friends will get into the habit of waiting for me at the beginning of blocks for me to load weapons, then cast support, then when they run out, finish the room and wait for me to support again. But I know that'll probably be hard to setup, and probably won't even be REMOTELY necessary till S Rank missions (And how I hunger for our whole group to get there <3)

And, I have to ask... what level SHOULD you have level 9 Resta by? XD I see people higher levels than me (17, btw) that have lower level Resta, it seems ridiculous that I'm juts crazy hyper on the resta button XD

Umberger
Mar 8, 2007, 11:48 PM
If you're partying, it's typical to have a (relatively) high level Resta...you'll be hitting multiple targets many times. I went from Resta 19 to 26 in about 4-5 hours of a 6 person party.

Rizen
Mar 8, 2007, 11:50 PM
I think I got resta 13 at lv 12 when I was leveling up to Protranser on PC.

Dj_SkyEpic
Mar 8, 2007, 11:53 PM
Resta is the best thing to ever have. It doesnt matter what level you have it as long as you use it frequently for team support.

About the loading technics: You do not really need your group of friends to wait at the beginning of the block for you to load your Technics. You can load them while running into the fray. But for higher level places, that especially has Megid mobs in the first room, you should definitely give some buffs... ( usually my party makes me run after them to buff em' so I don't know how other players do it XD).

PJ, just know that the more you support your team, the LESS they ask for some sort of spell to be cast, and the MORE "Thank yous" you get, then that means you're doing a good job. Just play at your pace, monitor your teammate's status and location, and try to cast spells of support where THE MOST members of your group are ( so that you can tag most of them faster.)

EphekZ
Mar 8, 2007, 11:55 PM
Well, I binded the "wait for s/d/z/r" to my number key thingy so if they dont listen then I cast anyways. it doesn't affect me, and it's their fault for not waiting for you to help them. also a tip, you dont need to wait until the tech loads then switch wep and load that one, you can just equip item and then switch right away,when you go back to the item it'll be loaded, so that's a fast way to load all your techs fast. oh, and if people stop when they see you cast shifta(which they should) then before you enter next block switch your rod to your suport wand so that loads first, then cast whatever suppotr tech loads up first in the next block before they have a chance to run, hopefully making them come back. When you see one tech wear off, then tell them to wait after you clear the room so you can cast s/d/z/r.

About resta....It's not you, well..it is. Most likely since you played force on PSO, you're used to casting resta alot(Hell I know I am, I got so used to melee FOmar[I supported alot] that In PSU I couldn't play fortefighter or fighunner cuz I hated seeing people with low health http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif ) Keep it up! that's one of the main things a force in PSU needs to do is help the party, also range increases a lot (if you didn't know) so hitting everyone with resta will get a lot easier.

Kaydin
Mar 9, 2007, 12:01 AM
I'm really starting to hate playing a Newman Fighgunner for the same reason Eph. I keep wanting to heal/buff people, and it's really annoying. I'm probably going back pure Fortetecher. Again. >.>

Gotta relearn all my attack spells and train them back up again... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Edit: The fact that I can't ever find a pick-up-group doesn't help either. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kadan on 2007-03-08 21:02 ]</font>

JaiBlue
Mar 9, 2007, 12:05 AM
Once a fortecher, always a fortecher........once you have had a taste of of real power is, why would you want to be anything but.

Kaydin
Mar 9, 2007, 12:07 AM
On 2007-03-08 21:05, JaiBlue wrote:
Once a fortecher, always a fortecher........once you have had a taste of of real power is, why would you want to be anything but.

I originally wanted to go Fortetecher. Decided to try Wartecher. Went back Fortetecher. Decided to try Fighgunner. Now I'm going back Fortetecher.

... Maybe I should start working on some alts, huh?

EphekZ
Mar 9, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-03-08 21:07, Kadan wrote:

I originally wanted to go Fortetecher. Decided to try Wartecher. Went back Fortetecher. Decided to try Fighgunner. Now I'm going back Fortetecher.

... Maybe I should start working on some alts, huh?

hehe I had that problem, but I narrowed it down to part time GT and part time WT.

with Ephekz, i've played as Fg, GT, protranser, WT, and fortefighter, and everytime I go back to WT =P

edit: since I knew I was probably gunna go back I kept all my PAs. as wt I don't even use many PAs. All the PAs I have I can play FF, WT, GT, Fg and Transer with. ( I excluded Fg becuase I deleted my mech and twin handgun BAs)
edit:( I realized I use those BAs as GT

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-03-08 21:16 ]</font>