PDA

View Full Version : Weapons unloading?

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 9, 2007, 02:29 PM
Why do the weapons on PSU occasionally 'unload' them selfs?

As in, the Weapon[such an Axe] Style[it's weapon pose and functions] is frozen for a split second, like time stoped you but not your allies, and eventually 'unloads' to a bare-handed position, but the weapon still exist in your hand.

This is on PS2 version.

And don't give me crap about 'PS2 sucks!'

I was an explanation about why this would even occur, because the style should be directly linked to the weapon, so if the style unloads, the weapon does too?

CyarVictor
Mar 9, 2007, 02:35 PM
Ah, I had that happen. Also when doing PA's, sometimes I glide in a frozen position which oddly can teleport me around the room. I'm on the 360 so you're not alone with these graphical errors. Most likely just lag.

Rashiid
Mar 9, 2007, 02:37 PM
L.
A.
G.

happens all the time.

Kimil
Mar 9, 2007, 02:45 PM
Happens on 360 Too?

Hmmmm, Hopefully they'll fix this... Ruined WT for me, fuckihng Resta Lag >.>

Rashiid
Mar 9, 2007, 02:49 PM
yepp, iv had experiences w/ it.

Neoptolemus
Mar 9, 2007, 02:53 PM
I often have guns that won't fire for about 10 seconds in a lag free game. It gets annoying, but I have gotten used to it. I come to exect it now. It just throws you off a bit.

CyarVictor
Mar 9, 2007, 02:57 PM
Yep. It's not the consoles or pc, but the connection/servers. My favorite is doing the ank jump with Anga Duranga and to superman it across the last room in Lab. Even better to to somehow land in the middle of Dambarta the Jarbas are casting when I'm half a room away using that PA. It happens rarely and usually has some funny result. The lag issue I hate is switching weapons and not able to attack or PA spam for a good 10 secs. But that's not often either.

Ravennittes
Mar 9, 2007, 03:29 PM
At least you don't bow when casting techs sometimes -.-' . Yeah, I've had this happen to me before, it's common y'know. Though it's fun to cast foie w/o a rod for a second ^.^ .

Garanz-Baranz
Mar 9, 2007, 03:31 PM
Why are the Weapons linked to the Server anyway? should be Console produced...

NPCMook
Mar 9, 2007, 03:34 PM
Yep occasionally happens with Melee and guns, but when you use wands and Rods you wave...

Pengfishh
Mar 9, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-03-09 12:31, Garanz-Baranz wrote:
Why are the Weapons linked to the Server anyway? should be Console produced...

Probably for statistical anaylsis, in case any changes need to be made to the damage formula or weapon stats. That's my guess, anyway.

DurakkenX
Mar 9, 2007, 04:48 PM
it has nothing to do with lag v.v It's code inneficiency in the PS2/360 patches. Before one of the patches it never happened but it has been getting progressively worse since then... There also used to be almost no load up time for weapons v.v

Pengfishh
Mar 9, 2007, 04:49 PM
Would have been one of the very earliest patches then. It's come up since day one.