PDA

View Full Version : So I got into a debate with my party in Labs S2.

-Ryuki-
Mar 9, 2007, 07:06 PM
We were talking, being the un-quiet people we were, and I mention how I'm the only FF in the group. A FG (ForteGunner) yells out "fG (FiGunner)> FF". That got everyone else riled up and started debating.

Another discussion we came across, was Twin Daggers. He said Renkai was the best, and I disagreed, and gave reason. Said Moubu is a lot stronger, hits the same amount of targets, and hits more. Naturally, we weren't comparing it to YoYo's, because that's an Ult PA.

But anyway. Any comments?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-03-09 16:13 ]</font>

-Rune-
Mar 9, 2007, 07:10 PM
You play too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

drizzle
Mar 9, 2007, 07:15 PM
totally.

DummieAcount
Mar 9, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'll toss my hat into the ring.

FF is greater than Fg in my opinion for two reasons. One is that FF have acess to axes which I'm willing to bet could be the most damaging weapon in the game. I just synthed a 50% light axe today and the numbers are rediculously high.

Second is that FF will end up having higher stats in all of the more important areas for a hunter, which helps FF's close the gap between their A rank weapons that Fgs have acsess to S rank versions of.

Weakness
Mar 9, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-03-09 16:10, -Rune- wrote:
You play too much http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

;;>.> Gonna have to agree with Rune on this one Mitsu.

Though ForteFighter > FighGunner in my opinion. Not much compares to spamming Axe PA's.

As for the Twin Daggers discussion, meh. I'm not a huge fan of them, I prefer knuckles to be honest. Sparkle Butt Thrust go!

MaximusLight
Mar 9, 2007, 07:19 PM
yep take it easy

VanHalen
Mar 9, 2007, 07:22 PM
I say you beat him with your axe that'll learn him.

Retehi
Mar 9, 2007, 07:22 PM
Debates = "You have been removed from the party"

-Rune-
Mar 9, 2007, 07:33 PM
There's just nuffin *nothing for Weakness <3* to debate about. Enjoy whatever weapon/playing style you play. If the other's don't like it... too bad? People are not supposed to play like each other or these games would be really boring ._.

Parn
Mar 9, 2007, 07:37 PM
Fortefighter will outdamage figunner in any melee situation, and can use more photon art attacks to boot due to the inherent PP reduction. Against flying mobs, a fortefighter is at a significant disadvantage, and a figunner completely shames a fortefighter against them. Figunners also have access to traps, and a fortefighter does not.

I think it's best to not bother trying to bicker and argue who's better and just play what's fun for you.

jayster
Mar 9, 2007, 07:37 PM
it just depends if you like dealing out more damage to a couple monsters at a time or dealing out semi good damage to a group of monsters. (twin daggers)

-Ryuki-
Mar 9, 2007, 07:39 PM
Well, it was resolved. Everyone left the party.
He thought we all d/ced XD

Oh, here's something else.
In a party I was just in, I got removed for
exploiting a guy that this one girl likes.
She removed me, for trying to prevent her
from getting hurt by him. I feel so loved n__n

-Rune-
Mar 9, 2007, 07:42 PM
You're getting popular for causing debates I've noticed though xD

Freshellent
Mar 9, 2007, 07:42 PM
I witnessed this event,you can be willing to bet that gentleman is in hot water right about now. Regardless,you did the right thing.

Incidently,I'd play FF if I got traps and twin pistols.

But I don't. Bleh,no S rank Twin Sabers either.

-Rune-
Mar 9, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-03-09 16:42, Icespike wrote:
I witnessed this event,you can be willing to bet that gentleman is in hot water right about now. Regardless,you did the right thing.

Incidently,I'd play FF if I got traps and twin pistols.

But I don't. Bleh,no S rank Twin Sabers either.

Posted at same time ^5 :3 <3

Mewnie
Mar 9, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-03-09 16:39, RyukiZero wrote:
Well, it was resolved. Everyone left the party.
He thought we all d/ced XD

Oh, here's something else.
In a party I was just in, I got removed for
exploiting a guy that this one girl likes.
She removed me, for trying to prevent her
from getting hurt by him. I feel so loved n__n

lol, e-girl/boyfriends

Tiyr
Mar 9, 2007, 07:49 PM
Until S-ranks come out, the only difference between FGs and fFs are ranged weapons, Axes, DSes and stats.

I don't really think one is better than the other. FGs are more versatile and miss less. Better for Dimag hands down, better for Onma and definitely better for Maggas Maggahna. In straight melee, fFs are more durable and do more damage. So for straight numbers in melee, they're going to do better, and they should--they've given up the versatility of ranged weapons to do it.

And anyone who think Renkai is still the best is too lazy to find a target. The flinches alone in Moubou make it better.

XDeviousX
Mar 9, 2007, 08:47 PM
No type is better then any other. I know people that can play 5th lvl hunters better then any 10th lvl fighgunner or fortefighter...

Too many people think they are rambo when they choose fighgunner and to many fortefighters think they can solo kill a room without help and even if thats true, nobody wants somebody hogging xp...

-Ryuki-
Mar 9, 2007, 08:48 PM
I thought FG = Fortegunner. o_O

And, Tiyr, I agree with you statement.
The flinches in Moubu are like what the description read.
No time to counter-attack.

AlucardTepes
Mar 9, 2007, 08:56 PM
My tactic, anyone that simply says "<insert class here> sucks" without any viable explanation automatically makes me not respect their intelligence(unless they're joking because of their love for a certain class) and won't earn a response from me other than maybe a "?" If they say "fighgunners are not as good as fortefighters as far as overall melee damage" ok, now we're having a discussion.

Don't let someone that says fortefighters > fighgunners get you riled up(that isn't necessarly directed at you, ryuki). As far as photon arts are concerned, I think it's mostly a matter of personal preference as well as how party sympathetic they are.

Lonzell
Mar 9, 2007, 09:13 PM
Fortefighters are made of fail, because whenever I freeze mobs with a trap for a fortetecher to use their AoE spells on to kill them faster, they rush in with their axes, and their dual sabers with knock back moves, sending the mobs flying all in different directions.

Sekani
Mar 9, 2007, 09:37 PM
Fighgunner > Fortefighter because axes suck.

I hate slow weapons, I don't care if they do 265645 damage per hit. Besides, the weaker weapons hit faster so it probably balances out more in the end anyway.

And LOL again @ e-drama.

Syl
Mar 9, 2007, 09:39 PM
Dude Ryuki that guy you argued with is a total asshat... never listen to that guy...

Lonzell
Mar 9, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-03-09 18:37, Sekani wrote:
Fighgunner > Fortefighter because axes suck.

I hate slow weapons, I don't care if they do 265645 damage per hit. Besides, the weaker weapons hit faster so it probably balances out more in the end anyway.

And LOL again @ e-drama.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=e-drama''

Sekani
Mar 9, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-03-09 18:41, Lonzell wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=e-drama

Someone listed "livejournal" as a synonym for "e-drama". Now THAT'S comedy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 9, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-03-09 18:13, Lonzell wrote:
Fortefighters are made of fail, because whenever I freeze mobs with a trap for a fortetecher to use their AoE spells on to kill them faster, they rush in with their axes, and their dual sabers with knock back moves, sending the mobs flying all in different directions.

I think we all agreed that what you say, is normally flame-bait.

McLaughlin
Mar 9, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-03-09 18:49, RyukiZero wrote:

Comma splice.

I thought we all came to the conclusion that everything you post is posted to get you attention. Not our fault if you create topics full of contraversy. This whole damn thread is flame bait.

EphekZ
Mar 9, 2007, 09:53 PM

I think you get mad when anyone says something that's against your opinion. Why do make a thread that has flamebait written all over it. Please don't say someone else is flamebaiting when YOU started this thread.

edit:typos yes!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-03-09 18:54 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 9, 2007, 09:56 PM

What everyone says is always flame-bait. You ask for a question, you get an answer. All threads in general are flame-bait really.

Neith
Mar 9, 2007, 10:04 PM
Fortefighter > Fighgunners that don't use anything but Double Sabers.

Against certain mobs, Fighgunners are better, the capability to use traps and Twin Handgun/Machinegun/Crossbow is great.

However, a Fighgunner will never have the brute strength of a Fortefighter, and will never be able to tank as well as one.

I dont know why people are still comparing them, like they're similar. They're totally different classes.

Jey
Mar 9, 2007, 10:11 PM
I always use small 'f' when referring to forte jobs <_< played too much piano as a kid.

But yeaaaah, how many fighgunner topics have there been recently? There's no debate over which is better - they're two totally different jobs suited towards two totally different playstyles, i.e. straight hack'n'slash and tactical combat (that is, if the FG isn't being played like a wannabe fF).

End of story -_-

Lonzell
Mar 9, 2007, 10:18 PM
On 2007-03-09 19:04, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Against certain mobs, Fighgunners are better, the capability to use traps and Twin Handgun/Machinegun/Crossbow is great.

However, a Fighgunner will never have the brute strength of a Fortefighter, and will never be able to tank as well as one.

I dont know why people are still comparing them, like they're similar. They're totally different classes.

It's like comparing Ken Masters to Zangief.

One has brute strength and no brains... the other has skill out the ass, and is fast as a muhfugga.

Now, lets guess which one is Zangief, and which one is Ken? ^_^

Yukichi
Mar 9, 2007, 10:34 PM
Speaking of Yo Yo daggers, I love moubu. A lot. It's quick, decent damage, low photon use, and first two combos are Bil de Vear friendly.

I've pondered Yo Yo daggers, but I heard it has a high photon use, and contains a knockup on the first combo. Does the damage warrant the high photon? Does the launches keep enemies within range for an effective full combo? Will it outshine moubu?

Insight much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Ryuki-
Mar 9, 2007, 10:52 PM
YoYo Daggers = 16 per use, but you get 6 PP regen. So, it's still awesome.
There's 2 knock-ups. The first combo, and then the second. It's more
effective when in a corner, but out in the open, it's inefficient. It doesn't
outshine Moubu, but it's fun to use.

Mewnie
Mar 10, 2007, 02:40 AM
If I had a dollar for every Fig that ran around with dual sabers all the time...

Axe isn't all that great. I'd rather use claws or knuckles to deliver damage, but the first axe PA I find is wicked good CC.

-Ryuki-
Mar 10, 2007, 02:59 AM
Axe <3 Mewnie, uset he Axe more.

Alisha
Mar 10, 2007, 03:43 AM
On 2007-03-09 19:18, Lonzell wrote:

One has brute strength and no brains... the other has skill out the ass, and is fast as a muhfugga.

that a poor comparison. a better one would be ryu and sagat. wartecher = dan =P

anyways any situation where a fighgunner is better than a fortefighter you would probally be better off with a fortegunner.

Freshellent
Mar 10, 2007, 03:53 AM

If your speaking in terms of how the character is played than Zangief is much more intelligently played than Ken. Character wise,it may still be a bit of a poor example,a man who can leap bounds into the air with the skill that he does and come crashing down to the earth safely. You might even say that takes brains as well. Ken can easily be played brain-dead. In that sense he's predictable. A saving grace if you will,being that in most games he appears in,he's for the most part, unstoppable. (Good Zangeif playes eat Ken's for breakfast though, visa versa, etc.)

It's really a matter of opinion.

February
Mar 10, 2007, 04:09 AM
On 2007-03-10 00:53, Icespike wrote:

Glad SOMEONE around here gets it.

EphekZ
Mar 10, 2007, 04:17 AM
On 2007-03-10 01:09, February wrote:

Glad SOMEONE around here gets it.

we could post this isn every topic, and still there will be people who insist their opnion is fact. Curse of these forums.

Carbinne
Mar 10, 2007, 04:19 AM
I'm thinking of posting that animated gif of Zangief piledriving that little kid, but it would contribute nothing to the conversation and help derail the topic further. Maybe someone else can do it for me! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Itsuki
Mar 10, 2007, 04:31 AM
On 2007-03-09 16:06, RyukiZero wrote:
We were talking, being the un-quiet people we were, and I mention how I'm the only FF in the group. A FG (ForteGunner) yells out "fG (FiGunner)> FF". That got everyone else riled up and started debating.

fG is generally speaking the standard for fortegunner, and FG for figunner, but thats another story all together.

On a light note, this would never happen on the JP server. I mean, an FF in Labs S2? That doesn't happen, all the Labs S2 parts are fG, GT, fT only. XD

EDIT: For clarification, I mean they'll kick you on join if you're not one of those classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-10 01:32 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 10, 2007, 04:44 AM
On 2007-03-10 01:31, Itsuki-chan wrote:

fG is generally speaking the standard for fortegunner, and FG for figunner, but thats another story all together.

On a light note, this would never happen on the JP server. I mean, an FF in Labs S2? That doesn't happen, all the Labs S2 parts are fG, GT, fT only. XD

EDIT: For clarification, I mean they'll kick you on join if you're not one of those classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2007-03-10 01:32 ]</font>
Wow. FF must not be loved on the JPN servers.

ashley50
Mar 10, 2007, 04:50 AM
Depends on how you use them...to me. Both are fun

ShadowDragon28
Mar 10, 2007, 05:49 AM
I think this fits...

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20070310/lnq070310.gif

-Ryuki-
Mar 10, 2007, 06:20 AM
On who's accord? >.>

FUFME
Mar 10, 2007, 06:26 AM
On 2007-03-09 23:40, Mewnie wrote:
If I had a dollar for every Fig that ran around with dual sabers all the time...

Heh, Im like one of the very few FG that dont use Double Sabers.

I really dont like it's style of playing/fighting. Single Saber and Handgun is my favorite setup when using that character.

Maridia
Mar 10, 2007, 07:25 AM
I liked Renkai before it got nerfed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Now it's tough for me to justify using it when the other PAs have so much power to them. I prefered Renkai's easy and quick hits. AND I WISH WT GOT THIRD COMBO omg ._. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I love my third dagger combo.

Ami~
Mar 10, 2007, 08:26 AM
To each their own, I say. Everyone has their own unique playing style, which is something I really like about this game, since you don't really have to worry about the "USE THESE WEAPONS ONLY IN PARTIES LOL" mindset. Like, for example, my friend Trasia, who's a figunner prefers more graceful weapons like the twin daggers, long swords, and twin swords. I don't think she's even touched the dual sabers, let alone level their PA's, since they don't really tickle her fancy. It's all about how YOU want to play your job! So dun let people decide for you. ^o^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ami_ on 2007-03-10 05:27 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 10, 2007, 08:53 AM
Ami, your siggy is still un-usable. =P

McLaughlin
Mar 10, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-03-10 01:31, Itsuki-chan wrote:

So you guys have FFXI V2.0. That blows.

LocGaw
Mar 10, 2007, 10:09 AM
The Player > Job... To some extent.

Here is an example. I was camping the De Ragon the other day. PT was BST fF, BST FG and myself a Human FG. Both BSTs were R10/L70 in their jobs, mine was R5,L53. At the end of the day, not once did I die. Where both my friends met doom by getting traped against the wall. 1 died again b/c they forgot to heal and the boss did a tail sweep.

Also note, both forgot to bring scape dolls after getting KIA and only I had Moons.

Before anyone can hammer me, of course the greatest player in the world can't go melee with their Newman fT and be great. So generally speaking Player > Job!

Ami~
Mar 10, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-03-10 05:53, RyukiZero wrote:
Ami, your siggy is still un-usable. =P

Bite me. I'll have to make a new one. <3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ami_ on 2007-03-10 07:28 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Mar 10, 2007, 05:06 PM
Silly people.

DonRoyale
Mar 10, 2007, 06:28 PM
This topic makes me laugh. Be what you want and don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

But if you must argue over which is better, go ahead and work your circles. ST made the classes balanced for a reason. >.>

Mewnie
Mar 10, 2007, 08:33 PM
PSU is serious business.

MaximusLight
Mar 11, 2007, 12:36 AM
On 2007-03-10 02:49, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I think this fits...

This comic wins, but really why is this so serious, I mean I'm going to do everything, and I can say that fF is out damaging by alot at close range combat (big and powerful) Fightgunners are more fighters than they can ever hope to be gunners the guns are basically for mid-range support, on the other hand though the FG focuses on hitting more tragets more times (a fast fighter)

Basically it works like this:

Axe: Less Targets much more raw power and can use skills more
-fF can deal way more damage and take more physical hits

Double Saber: Hits way more times in the one hit combo then the axe ever will, but not as powerful.
-FG less malee power, but more mid-range power, ment to get in make quick hard hits then get away and possibly use do some support.

Yuicihi
Mar 11, 2007, 12:48 AM
Congratulations on arguing with your party, Ryuki.
Now, why exactly do I care?

-Ryuki-
Mar 11, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2007-03-10 21:48, Yuicihi wrote:
Congratulations on arguing with your party, Ryuki.
Now, why exactly do I care?

Congratulations on showing you care.
Now, why exactly did you bother posting?

APEXi
Mar 11, 2007, 01:14 AM
if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. oh wait, this is the internet and everyones a badass..

Pengfishh
Mar 11, 2007, 03:12 AM
Everyone is different and also an idiot. Can we leave it at that?

Weeaboolits
Mar 11, 2007, 03:38 AM
On 2007-03-10 02:49, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I think this fits...

[WIN]

SeriousBixnes
Mar 11, 2007, 09:54 AM
i dunno lol

DonMakaveli
Mar 11, 2007, 10:03 AM
FF > fg for sure, party with a buch of fg's and party with a bunch of FF and u'll see the difference, anyway who was the FG that said that? cuz i wanna kill him for tainting FG's reputation for saying that!

DonRoyale
Mar 11, 2007, 10:43 AM
On 2007-03-10 22:14, APEXi wrote:
if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all. oh wait, this is the internet and everyones a jackass..

Fixed, because everyone THINKS they're badass. Truly, there are very few http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DonMakaveli
Mar 11, 2007, 10:55 AM
another Don, guess its time to start the godfather movie at PSU

LocGaw
Mar 11, 2007, 11:50 AM
On 2007-03-11 08:55, DonMakaveli wrote:
another Don, guess its time to start the godfather movie at PSU

heh...

Jakosifer
Mar 11, 2007, 12:02 PM
Meh no point. Noone ever listens. >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-03-11 10:03 ]</font>

Lonzell
Mar 11, 2007, 01:50 PM

If your speaking in terms of how the character is played than Zangief is much more intelligently played than Ken. Character wise,it may still be a bit of a poor example,a man who can leap bounds into the air with the skill that he does and come crashing down to the earth safely. You might even say that takes brains as well. Ken can easily be played brain-dead. In that sense he's predictable. A saving grace if you will,being that in most games he appears in,he's for the most part, unstoppable. (Good Zangeif playes eat Ken's for breakfast though, visa versa, etc.)

Right, right, you must be completely out of your fuckin' gorde to think Zangief > Ken. That's just reaching.

-Ryuki-
Mar 11, 2007, 06:26 PM
Zangief can > Ken, and vice versa. It's about the player, not the character.